New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

I kinda really just tried again three times and on the third one it simply worked and created something. Then I converted a piece of armor and everything was ok, except for some weird bulge on the arms and a weird spike protuding from the leg (happens it was a piece of the inner tight protuding to outside or something like that).

I tried my hand on blender to correct these things, but after two and a half hours all I can say about my try is: it does look like shit.

Anyone with a better hand at this could lend me a hand?

gerra6 - When using this for skyrim armour and clothing, I do not understand your explanation of making a lattice WRT _0 and _1 nifs

If I want to convert the games original armour and clothing, to fit a body mod do I :

Provide the game original _0 and _1 body nif, as template

Provide the body mod _0 and _1 body nif, as target

Then a lattice is made

We then use that lattice to convert a folder full of game original armour and clothing meshes, into meshes which will fit the body mod body ?

--

Or

--

Provide the game original _0 body nif, as template ( _1 nif not required )

Provide the body mod _0 body nif, as target ( _1 nif not required )

Then a lattice is made

We then use that lattice to convert a folder full of game original armour and clothing meshes, into meshes which will fit the body mod body ?

gerra6 - When using this for skyrim armour and clothing, I do not understand your explanation of making a lattice WRT _0 and _1 nifs

If I want to convert the games original armour and clothing, to fit a body mod do I :

It's a bit complex. When you run Make Lattice.

1. Chose either a _0 or _1 nif as your template.

and then

2. Choose the matching _0 or _1 nif as your target.

When you run Convert Clothing

1. You should select either a folder that contains both the _1 and _0 forms of the outfit that you want to convert *or* select both the _0 and _1 nifs directly (just shift-click or box select the nifs)

When the Clothing Converter is run, it will compare the _1 and _0 nifs that it is passed so that it can, if needed, make one from the other.

Clothing Converter will then convert whichever nif matches the type that was used to generate the lattice. If the lattice was generated using a _0 nif, then it first will convert the _0 nif that is passed to it. Once that is complete, it will apply the _0 to _1 offsets to that nif to generate a new _1 nif.

A ) So we would have to do the whole process twice, two passes :

once for the _0 template - target = lattice to apply to _0 armour and clothing

once for the _1 template - target = lattice to apply to _1 armour and clothing

But the armour and clothing folder, could contain all _0 and _1 because in both of the above passes, one or the other would be ignored, the two passes collectively would process all of them ?.

--

Or

--

B ) So we would have to do the whole process once, one pass :

Using the _0 template - target = lattice to apply to _0 AND _1 armour and clothing

The armour and clothing folder, could contain all _0 and _1 because in the above pass, _0 lattice is used with _0 clothing to compare against _1 clothing and modify both _0 and _1 clothing

--------------------------

Either A ) or B ) is correct .. Or am I still not getting this ?

Guess I either was just trying for too large a conversion or just screwing ups somewhere seems like it decided to work.

Greetings.

Witch HGEC top ? If you try to convert a model ( template) based on a A-CUp or B-Cup to a "Manga Cup" i  think it will not looks good ... not sure but it's better to convert from "Higher Boobs size" than  from Lower to "Giant" boobs size.

I've just made 3 conversions from HGEC E-cup ( or D-cup) to the "BDM" ... with  "real high heels system" shoes included and stocking ....  the conversions are well done ( and the converted "real high heels" works without problem... and that's a very good point ..)  except for the upper body : there is a little number of polygons in my template ( the "From" model ) so the BDM version  ( the "To" ) looks like something  made with an axe ... a two hands axe ....

I can post  a picture but not the ".nif" ( because it 's from a Colourwheel's Outfit  mixed with Bisquit's Heels, and i know she doesn't want people distribute her works without her permission ... and i can understand that ) .

Cheers.

post-239275-0-65392500-1401236347_thumb.jpg

Think you missed the bit about my conversion issue being with a lower body mess not an upper but i got that ironed out with a bit of bullheadedness. Also does anyone know of a utility that optamizes nif files? I was trying this conversion process for Cenobites Archmage Sorcereress outfit but the thing has such a massive poly count that wearing the thing started to lag my system a bit.

Think you missed the bit about my conversion issue being with a lower body mess not an upper but i got that ironed out with a bit of bullheadedness. Also does anyone know of a utility that optamizes nif files? I was trying this conversion process for Cenobites Archmage Sorcereress outfit but the thing has such a massive poly count that wearing the thing started to lag my system a bit.

Greetings.

Yes too much polygons.... once again or a texture with an icredible size ...

Sorry but i don't think there already exist a  tool to reduce these polygons.

So , i'm pretty sure you need to use "Blender " ( or Photoshop , 3DS max and Co ...)  to reduce these polygons.

Unfortunatly NifSkope cannot help you in this case ...

KrisTa ... you know her ? She's a tpyic model of a modder creating nice things but with too much polygons most of the time , not always.

Her models are for "Shot" ( something like "For Your eyes Only " ... just to be seen ...)  not really to play with , or you need a high-end computer  if you want to really enjoy her works.

We need someone as NailFlan here, pretty things, pretty texture , well done and most of the time you can use his ( her ?) mods  with a lower-end ( a not too old portable/NoteBook) machine . If you need to learn something about modding take a look at all the Nailflan's models/works . This person is a "model" as modder ...!

For the texture , see Petrovitch or " Master Growlf " of course....

Cheers.

PS : are you sure there is too many polygons in this Cenobite model ?

I already tested some Cenobite's  mixing-piece mods  ( like " the Lusty Bretonian 1  & 2 " ) , most of the time with a "KrisTa 's Pubic Hair " resized , with real high Heels added , and without a noticiable drop of FPS ... maybe there is a conflict somewhere with your mods ? Most of the female NPCs use  VipCxjs Real HighHeels system ( or the Add1K version)   and thre is no particular problem.

My testing machine is an old computer with a Dual-Core2 ( E-7200) CPU and a 5770 Ati-AMD Graphic Card ... and "only" 4 giga under the Microsoft XP operating System.

... with more  memory ( 8 or 12 giga)  if i use W7 64 bits , of course.

I can send you the altered models see if you get the same issue I have. Got another conversion that I'm gonna try to see if it was just that one set of files or if it just too much cramed into the conversions.

Hi there.

Yes do it ... send me your "altered" model or and it's better to share it directly  here with the community... there are more "skilled" peoples than me here  ( and not so "lazy" ... ;°) ...  )

Cheers. Time to eat something , i will come back later.

PS : don't forget to tell us from witch body  ( HGEC H-cup , i suppose) to witch one ( to an  AA-cup  or something more ... like a Mega Oppai may be ...???)

PPS : no reason to use the Cenobite's model , maybe it' would be better to create a new one ( from the original meshes ) Most of the time in the Cenobite's mixing models there is already a Skeleton included  ( cool to test an animation directly with NifSkope but it increase the amount of CPU ressources more than necessary ), that's not always a very "clean" thing and it need to be compatible with yours.

It's better to first transfer all the meshes to the Skeleton you use in game ... so it's just a advice , nothing else.

Hmm hadn't considered that point I guess I'll try clearing out that skeleton first. thanks for the idea.

Greetings.

Yes ... consider that point but tell us for witch body you want to convert this outfit ... i already got most of the Cenobite's mods ( a lot of them are no more in the "shared" section) and i already correct some of his meshes to match my taste. 

Usaually i use a lesser size for the "Breasts" than those from Cenobite's mods  and most of the time , i never use an esp provided by a mod , i create my own ( because i use a french version) ... with a lot of different variants ( for the  upper body part ) when this is possible "easily" .

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say took a bit for me someone somewhat new to modding meshes to figure out things with these tools but now i have converted 1 armor i use from one 7Base shape to my own customized version im amazed. While more work needs to be done namely adding a belly node/weights to it for pregnancy im very happy with the result. Haappy enough im getting a 3rd project ready to run though now. 

Would it be possible using future versions of the tools to convert a skyrim body .nif to use Oblibion compatible UV maps, re-position the body to the Oblivion T-pose and change the neck, feet and hand seams to Oblivon standard (i.e. HGEC/TGND/DMRA...)?

I would be interested in the exact opposite process, convert Oblivion meshes to Skyrim and reposition the rigid Oblivion T-pose to the more relaxed Skyrim default. I've got so many nice Oblivion armours that I'd love to use in Skyrim but at present I lack the time and patience to really learn 3dsmax.

Pose Converter can handle the conversion between Skyrim <-> Fallout <-> Oblivion poses.

Mesh Rigger can be used to re-rig a Skyrim nif with Oblivion bones/weightpainting and replace the dismemberment partitions with Oblivion style skin partitions (or vice versa)

However, I haven't yet written anything to update the Nif file version, convert materials, shaders, UV maps, etc between them.