New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

Greetings.

@ Eu4orick

I will try, but , it would be only the second time i 'll try tu convert something with this tools ... my first attempt wasn't really "genious" ... some conversions are +/-  "acceptable" ( but i need to tweak them with NifSkope after the conversion )  others were "catastrophic" ( abominable) ...  

I think it's necessary to convert  from "family" ( CBBE ---CBBE ) ( UNP ---UNP ) and so on. I suppose the skeleton used in the 2 meshes must be the same ... not yet sure , this is just my first "opinion" ...

I will try this afternoon ( it's 10:25 AM in my country ).

If thr conversion doesn't look "great" , i will try it with  another body or source ... because i think it's better to convert something " BBP" to "BBP" but not BBP to TBBP ...  in other words another source "TBBP" too would be a "better" source ... not sure , i'm just a "noob" with this tool ...

Be patient a few hours....

Bye.

PS : i will first try your "destination/cyble" body ( 7Base) , Femalebody_0 & Femalebody_1 , without adding anything else from this body ( not his skeleton .. nothing) just to see if as is it works on my testing machine ... this because i got some issues those 2 last days with some "stuff" created with "Outfit Studio" or something like tha "tools ( ???) "  .

At the first look , the source is based CBBE something ( unfortunatly there is no ".txt" file attached) .

I will try with the "Add-on" ( my first attempt a few days ago was only done with the RC72 version ... usually a "Realease Candidate" version is supposed to be quiet finished ... the last i got was the "W7 RC 64 bits ... working very well by the way  ... but that's another storry ...) ....;°)

Bye.

PPS : sorry your 7Base TBBP crash my game ... i will try with another 7B TBBP ( wich probably use an other Skeleton than that one from your file) ... i cannot use your animation or Skeleton because there is already too much different animation and Skeleton used by "unique" NPC in this machine ... and all them works well with my installation.  

PPPS : well ( not really "well" in fact) , here the first attempt with the defaut setting ( but not with the version RC72 , but "updated" to the RC 0.81A ) ... this is not "glorious" . Not "exactly as expected" ...Anyway can you test it in game just to see if your game "crash" or not ? I cannot test the 7B TBBP you provide on this computer ... so i cannot test, of course this mesh too.

I will find tranfer the meshes from your "source" to a TBBP body first , and generate a new lattice.

I can also make a test with a non TBBP 7 base Body .... BBP but not TBBP , because it seems that some 7Base TBBP crash my game ... i cannot do anything else on this computer ( it's my boyfriend computer , not one of mine). 

MilkCuirass_1.nif

Hi there.

@ Organ1n .

Thank for him ...but your conversion doesn't look better than mine ... ;°) or my NifSkope " déconne complètement ...  ...;°)

Cheers. I think we need to improve our experiences and "technics" with this tool .. ! .... ;°) Glad i'm not the only one to get  some unexpected and "imperfected" conversions ... :D

Cheers , good afternoon.

NB : you known i think the  genetrated lattice is wrong ... the result ( the 2 bodies)  looks more than an UNP body ... 7Base bodies look different.

I need to read once again all this topic , i think !!!

Hi there

@ Eu4orick

Here another attempt but done with the "pre-generated" lattice done by Gerra6 in the post ( so , "long time" ago before the release of the RC 0.81A ... i suppose this one is no moer "accurate" with the version i use).

The result is different but no much better... 

Just one : the lattice i've generated is about "843" Ko ... and the one from Gerra6 is 7347 Ko ...wouaw , big difference, i suppose i miss something when i generate a lattice ... but i don't know wat actually ... sniff, sniff...

Will try another thing  ( because my boyfriend want this "Stuff" too, converted for the 7B Bombshell ( only BBP) .... ;°) ... be patient.

Bye.

With pregenerated Lattice from autor MilkCuirass_1.nif

Greetings.

@ Eu4orick

Well, now it's better , not perfect but too much better..

"See... is that hard ?... " ...  strange  ... i heard others saying the same ... 

No it wasn't hart to get this , but i don't know excactly why it is much better  ! Investigating ...

Compare and test it ( because you know ..i cannot on this computer ...)  ... well at this moment i only get 1 mesh "acceptable " , i will try now with the others parts to ( Gauntlets and boots , i will add them to the Cuirass_1.nif and split them later...) .

I can only chech it in NifSkope, but  now there is a very big difference with my first attempt .. check it !

Experience and "Technic" improved by +1 ... ..;°)

Bye.

Pre-generated2-MilkCuirass_1.nif

Hi,

@ orgs1n

Well, yes i know, but now it's looks good , nothing compared with the first attempt.

I  need more informations about the source and the target ( especially about their Skeleton ....)  without these informations i cannot test in game on this computer.

I think this is a great tool for "lazzy" user ... no need to learn about "Blender" or PhotoShop , 3D max ... to get something "playable" .

You know, the problem is that  in Skyrim there are 80% mods "bugged"  ... done by inexperimented "modders".  Compare mods from those coming from Oblivion/Fallout with mods done by new " modders " .... and you will understand what i mean .

It's a pity Nailflan doesn't allow to export his mods to another game ... this guy make a very pleasant work ... very clean too. No need to get a "high End computer" to run his mods ... but that's another story  ... i'll talking about another day ... or year .

Cheers.

@ Eu4orick  : i will not generate a Cuirass_0.nif ... because the Cuirass_0 and Cuirass_1 are the same from your source ...  so it's a no sense to generate a "7Based " cuirass_0 from your "CBBE (???) Manga" cuirass_1.They already look exactly the same.

You know, i just test this tools to see what we can do with it ...  and i prefer to do so with something i know ( a body an outfit i already use and working well ). I need a Full 7B TBBP body mesh ( the same you wanted to convert to and in the same nif ) to do more ...

I'm waiting for you to test the last mesh i've done.

Cheers.

Greetings.

@ Eu4orick.

Well , in my country it's about 18.30 hours ( 6.30 PM)  ... i need to "eat something ".

Here it is the last i've tried ...  this now is not "better" than my prvious attempt , but there are "Boots an "Gauntlets " ( without the hand) converted., and mixed in the same "Nif" file ...

This one is "BBP" and not TBBP ... no need to worry with a TBBP if the source isn't "TBBP" i think. And like this i can see in game if it works ... and it works ! 

So i don't think i can get better without some help from the autor/creator of this tool .... There are some "functions"  mentionned in the first post that do not exist or hidden "somewhere".

One thing cause some trouble to me :the 7 Base family use a compatible UNP texture , right ? If this is true, the converter doesn't work correctly with the texture .

When i try the converted meshes in game it seems the texture must use  a "CBBE" compatible  texture ...   like the source instead of the one from the "destination/target"  ....

Anyway , i will continue some tests later  .

Another thing : no need to post two meshes because they are the same ( FemleBody or "Cuirass _0 & _1 are the same from your source ...  ) and the conversions give me two files but without difference between the two "Bodies".

Cheers.

PS : Wich "7Base" do you prefer ? BombSheel, Cleavage or " what other ??" , i need a clean full source and "target"  ( with link if possible)  

Edit ( 14-04-2014) ... : ok i've installed properly all the "stuffs" needed to use the 7Base  "something" TBBP ... now i can test in game by myself...if i get something better i will send you a PM.

BaseMilkFull_1.nif

I'm in the midst of a tear-down of a big chunk of the back-end of my tool framework, so I don't have too much advice for this one.

I can tell you why it's not working, though.

Although the UVs match between the meshes, the rigging between the two nifs is essentially incompatible. If you've used Nifskope before, open the two nifs in Nifskope and compare the pelvis bones. Earlier versions of my tools had the ability to convert from one skeleton type to another, but it failed miserably with certain types of skeletons.

That's actually the reason for the back-end code tear-down.

The actual challenge is a tricky one...basically, sometimes modders accidentally warp and distort their mesh by rigging it with a skeleton that uses unusual bind positions on the bones. Other times, modders do it on purpose.

In this particular instance, the bone distortions are being intentionally used to re-position the mesh so that it occupies the correct position when it is rendered in game.

Unfortunately, this revision of the Clothing Converter is not, by default, compensating for these differences. That's why everything is distorted by roughly 2.5y and -3.2z.

The next update to the my tool framework is intended to resolve this issue. *Unfortunately* I've run into something of a snag attempting to compensate for meshes that were rigged using the X-32 skeleton. It's a bit tough to explain without going into lots of math, but a majority of the rotation matrices in that skeleton are badly formed, and are thus not properly invertible. Basically...there is no way to reliably and accurately convert from X-32 bonespace to another armature's bonespace and back again. I end up losing as much as .1 distance units in accuracy using the pyffi inverse rotation methods.

So I've been writing my own bonespace conversion code in an attempt to identify the most numerically stable and reliable method.

We'll see. It will probably be a few more days before I settle on a single approach.

The short answer...I think I will add a button that allows the end-user to specify whether or not the tool compensates for differences in bone bind positions on the skeletons. Sometimes, that's something that you want, other times it's something that should be avoided.

Greetings.

@ Guerra6.

Thank you .

You know it's only the second time i use your tool. The conversion works well with some bodies, and doesn't work with others. Anyway it's a "positive" tool , which could help to quickly convert some "clothe/armor".

Sure , first we need to work with clean meshes done by "experimented" modders ... unfortunatly most of the mods you can download are without any information about the "how they were done ..." by a modder or just "tweaked" by another one. 

Sliders and "tools" like "Outfit Studio" might seriously corrupt a mesh ...this is just my opinion  of course,  and when we try to work with such "corrupted meshes" i 'm sure your tool will not produce an expected result.

Just one thing please: today to convert this "milkcuirass" i used first a lattice i produce ... = 1 attempt ... not "playable". after that i only use the old one you posted " CBBe_to_SevenBase" , and this time that was much better.

But i don't know why your file is about 8000 o and mine only about 900 ko... so i suppose i've missing "something" ?

My "lattice was only done from one "Torso" ( without hands ,  without feets) ... and i suppose yours was done with 2 " torso " _0 & _ 1 and incorporate feet and hands too ? Is that right ?

I known , when you posted the "lattice CBBE to SevenBase" your converter was about the version 40 , and i've used it with the version 0.81 A ... with the rsult you can see.

I 'll try with clean meshes and with some bodies i know better .

Thank you for  your listening.

Cheers.

Hopefully I'll finish rebuilding the engine soon so I can release an updated version that won't have these issues with incompatibly rigged skeletons.

I should mention, the smaller lattice size is by design. The search engine now precisely matches vertices to the nearest surface on the other mesh, while older versions of the tool calculated an average of the nearest vertices on the other mesh.

In order to improve results with the older version of the tool, the tool generated a lattice that was a virtual copy of the from mesh with ~10 to 20 times the normal vertex count.

Since the tool now searches surfaces instead of vertices, there is no inherent advantage to increasing the number of nodes in the lattice.

*Unfortunately* As you've noticed, the code that was previously in place to compensate for differences in bone bind positions between skeletons no longer appears to function properly. Once that's been rebuilt in a form that I find acceptable, I'll release an update.

After I finished rebuilding the tools, I took a closer look at the two nifs, and it appears that my initial impression was incorrect.

It turns out that the UV maps actually are incompatible, which is what is causing the shift in the breast region.

Essentially, going by the UV map, the nipples on the 'To' mesh map to the underside of the breasts in the From UV map.

That means that the 'UV Map' search cannot be used to aid in conversions between those two meshes. Instead, you'll need to disable it and hope for the best.

Sometimes being caught in noman's land can produce some pretty cool looking outcomes. Noman's land is what I have started calling the spot between the boobs. Cross use to be small. Now feel like miss's T. :)  

attachicon.gif2014-04-14_00039.jpg

That's actually kind of neat.

However, I should take this moment to mention that if you want to avoid that effect, disabling X-Axis movement for items in the nomans land can reduce distortion.

When I convert armors I have Constrain X-Axis Y-Axis Z-Axis don't cross X-Axis and Customize mesh not clicked except for Re-Calculate Normals that one is selected. Unless they have to be pushed down to turn them on. I never really knew what they did so I never messed with them at all.

I seem to be missing something here. Feeling rather dumb as it's likely something obvious.

Made the lattice fine.

Open converter.

Load lattice.

Select mesh folder.

Select target folder.

Then what?

The natural thing would be to hit ok and have it run. I hit ok, the window closes and this comes up:

C:\Users\name\Desktop\Convert Clothing RC_72>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

Pressing anything closes that window and does nothing.

@Phelps1247

If it's closing as soon as you hit ok then there is something either wrong in the target nif or something is in the lattice that is causing it. I make a copy of the armor that I place in the target folder and then paste it into the from then remove the armor from using the block-remove branch option in nifskope look at the left hand list and make sure there is nothing there other then the body if there is anything else in there armor/outfit pieces it will make the lattice fail. If there is anything that you can see wrong with the armor in nifskope like stretching that will cause it to close.

Also if you are trying to convert something that is huge in size it can cause it to close as well. I use it for oblivion and some of the outfits like daz type outfits I had to split them into 2 parts a top and bottom and then convert them that way. Some outfits might have something wrong with them I found one outfit I think it was called the Toni outfit any item piece if left in the nif when I tried to convert it would crash. So I put that one off to the side as I have no clue what it has on it.

So now I have a template in the from of the original body and I make sure my to body has the same body parts as the from.

I tried to convert the ghost armor to TGND. post-25667-0-68892200-1397604374_thumb.jpg Part of the armor is actually a body and changing the material name to skin and giving it the imperial texture path then repeating it on the from armor and deleting armor parts out it looked like this. post-25667-0-08427000-1397604615_thumb.jpg When I converted the armor it looked like this. The outfit now looks like ghost batgirl. post-25667-0-45176700-1397604847_thumb.jpg I have converted other ones similar to this that use a body and just change the texture path and have had no problem. Then after converting switch the name back and change the texture path back.

@Phelps1247

You can go into the TroubleShooting subfolder and start the Conver Clothing.bat file from there.

Two windows will pop up. Focus on the one that says convert_clothing.py at the top and tap F5 key.

Give it a moment then the normal GUI should come up. Proceed and if it crashes/closes on you, you will be able to review the log in the shell window and be able to copy etc.

Mem

I have converted other ones similar to this that use a body and just change the texture path and have had no problem. Then after converting switch the name back and change the texture path back.

The crazy mesh distortion that you are seeing is probably due to the differences in the UV maps between the meshes. Essentially, setting the material to skin and the texture to imperial will trick clothing converter into attempting to perform a UV search on the mesh. If the UV maps aren't compatible, then you generally end up with crazy fever dream distortions, as you've noticed.

You basically have two options for a mesh like this with the current revision of Clothing converter.

The first is to do what you've done so far, just ensure that UV Search is disabled when you make the lattice. When you later run clothing converter, you might want to experiment with some of the settings in the customize mesh menu. Those settings can be used to selective damp or exagerate certain types of vertex transformations, which can be handy if you want to avoid turning the entire outfit into a distorted skintight mesh.

The second would be to find an HGEC texture compatible (assuming you're converting to an HGEC compatible TGND) body that is a reasonably close approximation to the mesh that you are converting. This can be a bit tricky when you are converting meshes from different games, but will probably generate better results in the end.

Note: I'm just finishing up a major rebuild of the back-end code that matches vertex locations between incompatibly rigged meshes. Hopefully I'll have an updated version of the tool ready in the next few days.

Yeah I think for that one I will do what I was doing before I figured out that they were bodies and just changing things in nifskope made you able to convert them. Before I was just putting a body underneath it that was close or closes you were going to get and then convert it and once it was done being converted opened it back up and then delete the body out of it unless there is no clipping then I might add transparency.