IGNORED

HDT development with Blender (Niftools Plugin for 3DSMax 2013/2014)

blabba

So someone asked me for a guide for doing HDT development with Blender (because, you know not everyone is a student or has a ton of money...)

I just did a quick google search to see if anyone else has done this stuff before for Blender. and what do ya know some industrious fellow figured out a way!

Here's his guide, can't say I've tried it (I have max) but hopefully it'll help get some of those Blender pro's out here onto the HDT dev train :)

http://forums.elementalgame.com/395707

Oh yea, and if anyone out there has 3DSMax 2013 (maybe even 2014) can someone let me know if the following nif plugin works for them? It supposedly also exports out the collision objects, which would be pretty handy if it works :D

http://tesrenewal.com/forums/tools-and-coding/nif-importexport-plugin-for-3dsmax-2013

The 2014 plugin work! :lol:

I just imported and exported a body in to 2014 x64 and tested it in game, and everything worked.

It looks as though it works better then the 2012 plugin i was using.

I'm going to do a few more tests but i think i can finally get rid of 12 and use 14 for everything now.

List of improvements I will be working on after base port:

- Vertex color export improvement
- Export the correct Num UV's - taking into consideration Tangents/Binormals
- Correctly calculate the Tangents/Binormals
- Correctly produce the correct animation nodes
- Incorporate Ormin's MOPP collision fixes
- Seperate materials for BSLightingShader and BSEffectShader nodes for Skyrim - with full configurability
- Particle systems

OMG! Seems like I'll have to toss out this old buggy Max 2012... Although it was quite good with... errr... 12 patches... >.>

Btw Vioxsis, I havent used Max 2014 yet, but, do you know if it has support for the Intuos 5 gestures?

The 2014 plugin work! :lol:

I just imported and exported a body in to 2014 x64 and tested it in game, and everything worked.

It looks as though it works better then the 2012 plugin i was using.

I'm going to do a few more tests but i think i can finally get rid of 12 and use 14 for everything now.

wow please lemme know after tests also, i really wanna use 14 also, kidna bad to reasearch at net/buying books and its all about 2014, dnt goes a omg change, but lol i wanna use a recent version not grandpa one (im using 2012, its works, but i like stay using a recent because dif forums,etc)

omg i just read there : Fixed importing/exporting of capsule collisions .

looks like goes all cool with HDT.

• 3 weeks later...

Do these plugins work for 2014? If so can someone help a noob with installing them please very new to all this any help is greatly appreciated. I am using windows 7 64 bit.

Works on 2014, I've been using it for awhile and never ran into any problems.

Only problem is that when you import bones, they show up as dummies and their is no option for them to be imported as Max bones.

I think Yoo has some magical plugin to handle that ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my hands on the students version of 3ds max 2014 64 bit and I was looking forward to looking in to this plug-in however no matter what I do I can only download these 2 files:

MaxNifTools.ini

and

NifMagic.dll

does any one have the full 64 bit DL or is there a trick to downloading the files?

EDIT: I don't know what I did but I got the full file.

Archived