Can't Access HDT .DLL Files At All

Only hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll. I think I may have tried downloading the file directly from the original creator's page though, with it still being unusable.

My computer seems to treat the file as if it is being used by something, even though it isn't.

Only hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll. I think I may have tried downloading the file directly from the original creator's page though, with it still being unusable.

My computer seems to treat the file as if it is being used by something, even though it isn't.

Here are files for 14.28.

MemPatch files are optionial.

The files are not compressed.

Simply rename with delete ".zip".

hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll.zip

hdtPhysicsExtensions.ini.zip

hdtSkyrimMemPatch.dll.zip

hdtSkyrimMemPatch.ini.zip

Because not all xml is compatible with 14.28, attached a xml width collision.

hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

This is the only .dll file that I have a problem with, at all. And when I said open it, I mean any program that can use it. SKSE, DLLviewers, stuff like that. It just says in the SKSE log "couldn't load plugin" for it. I did try changing the extension after placing it in the plugins folder. Same results.

wait up a minute the multiple people are just confusing things.

So you downloaded the zip with the .dll provided by clp2011, unpacked it and placed it in the correct position (overwriting the non-functional one) and ran the game for the SKSE shortcut?

There is no magic. You simply find a smart-assed software that thinks that it can block files without prompting/notifying you, then you delete it/uninstall it/kill it with fire/catch it asleep and ambush it with SexLab Defeat... I should probably stop here.

@zoneofdarkness:

Perhaps the DLL is set by any software (antivirus, etc.) in the blacklist.

Works for you even a mod that uses SKSE extensions?

@Uriel:

:lol:

I'm not sure, that the DLL is not enchanted. Maybe a paralysis spell?

That .dll is absolutely enchanted: it's HDT stuff after all. It holds immense magic powers to shake... well... all kinds of things.

"There is no magic" is only about the OP's PC and OS.

Is there any way to track what might have blacklisted it? I whitelisted it on MSE, so it isn't that.

A recent Update to My default downloading settings made by My ISP caused every zipped file downloaded from LoversLab to get corrupted, I had to switch off a setting that tried to decompress zipped files automatically.

I can also get around the problem by using a different ISP like Internet Explorer. Even changing the toolbar used can sometimes prevent a zipped file from getting corrupted.

Here's the log, saved as a .txt file. Pretty sure I'm using the latest version.

Check the file properties of hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll with the other DDL in plugins.

- rights

- Ownership

- compatibility mode

- Etc.

Make sure hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll is in the same user/owner group as SKSE_launcher.exe.

Make sure that SKSE is allowed to execute the DLL.

If that is all in correctly. Try the DLL in zip, rar or 7zip archive.

If that does NOT work, access is blocked by the OS.

Presumably then the DLL in the past been classified as malware and is on a blacklist.

Switch off your security software.

Also check the services, not just the task whether it is really off.

If nothing works, you should the problem in the "technical support" post.

ill be honest and say it again, I recommend removing such a thing. There's no reason for a antivirus to block the use of a bloody .ddl file.... especialy when it has CLEARLY alowed for others to be used. there's a good chance the program messed about with the .dll's regestry and blocked it forever...

as i said, a program that toxic has probably fucked that .dll by name in regestry. i have no idea how you would fix it.

im unsure if this will work but try it.

Download the dll in a zip file.

open up the zip file and rename the .DLL to something like HDT.dll WHILE STILL INSIDE THE ZIP!

than extract and place it in the skse folder and try to boot up skyrim. post a SKSE log too.

SKSE runtime: initialize (version = 1.6.16 09200000 01CF6BFDDB4B5913, os = 6.1 (7601))
imagebase = 00400000
runtime root = C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\
config path = C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\skse.ini
plugin directory = C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\
checking plugin C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\chargen.dll
plugin C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\chargen.dll (00000001 chargen 00000002) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\FirstPersonPlugin.dll
plugin C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\FirstPersonPlugin.dll (00000001 firstperson plugin 00000001) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\HDT.dll
couldn't load plugin C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\HDT.dll
checking plugin C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\nioverride.dll
plugin C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\nioverride.dll (00000001 nioverride 00000002) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\StorageUtil.dll
plugin C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\StorageUtil.dll (00000001 papyrusutil plugin 00000001) loaded correctly
init complete

That didn't work either. Hrm... Regedit, maybe?

Try downloading the latest beta version of SKSE (1.7) as an archive. also try to get another SKSE mod....THIS, i recommend it!

i wouldn't recommend messing about with regedit, ever.

another log would always help.

EDIT: also a screenshot of your skyrim/properties/security might help

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, been busy lately.

The problem isn't with SKSE. The problem is that my computer is restricting my access to the .dll file for some reason that I can't figure out. Updating SKSE isn't going to fix it, and the log is just going to say the same thing again. Fiddling with SKSE is a waste of time.