IGNORED

Anatomically Correct Draugr Mod/Download

nikoli grimm

This mod changes the Draugr males, females and corpses to a generally anatomically correct version. It always bothered me that all the dead draugr were eunuchs, even given that it MIGHT be a requirement for their priests, I couldn't see why all of them were. The chainmail portion of their armors has also be altered to be loose linked to see the body through the chain.

There are optional files that will change the npc version (Ancient Nord Armor) to look similar.  Males use an altered version of the vanilla armor and females use an altered version of UNPB armor.

These are all replacers - no esp is supplied, so back up anything you want to change prior to adding folders.

Anatomically Correct Draugr.rar

post-6977-0-81782200-1392598349_thumb.jpg

post-6977-0-88304500-1392598647_thumb.jpg

post-6977-0-57938000-1392598696_thumb.jpg

post-6977-0-22421300-1392598748_thumb.jpg

post-6977-0-52375000-1392598773_thumb.jpg

post-6977-0-84566400-1392598842_thumb.jpg

I find this a tad... um, disturbing I guess. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad (Nor should they.) about using this or that it was even made. I could definitely see this as being much more realistic and immersive so props for creating the mod. But this... is truthfully, one mod I think I'll be leaving out of my game. It's much more immersive and realistic because it makes sense, but I'd feel creeped out a little wandering around a tomb seeing anatomically correct preserved corpses all around me. Again, just my take on it.

(I may have not needed to post all this, but I wanted to make it clear I'm in no way meaning to bash this mod or anyone who may use it. So please don't take offense to this.)

Actually, I like it.  At least the idea of it.  Always took me out of the immersiveness of the game a bit to see these corpses around which weren't anatomically correct.  That being said, I'm not sure the execution works for me.  I've seen some dessicated bodies before, and these breasts are much too full, and I'd think the penis would be more shriveled as well.  Breasts are mostly fatty tissue, which wouldn't last all that long.  After the corpse degraded you'd be left with some underlying muscle tissue and basically empty skin.  I clicked on the thread out of interest, and I'd continue to be interested if you addressed those issues.  Still, good thought.

The bodies are Bethesdas original vanilla as are the textures. I just added the male member and color altered the textures to more closely resemble each other.

I spent some time looking on the web at various states of desiccated bodies, with and without preservative agents added to the corpses. Without completely redoing all the meshes, (which if I was going to go to that much effort  I'd give them some rags to wear as well,) and taking into account that NO rats or insects have been gnawing on them these are as close as I was able to get. As for the fatty tissue, I read an article about a 12 century mercury, myrtle, and quicksilver based embalming technique where the preservative agents actually bonded with the fat cells causing them to solidify to an almost stone like state.

True embalming of that period was usually done by cooks rather than doctors and they removed a majority of the corpses major organs and fat tissue replacing them with sawdust,  tar and various herbs... Which may explain the AI behavior of some of the Draugr's I've seen wandering around the crypts.

I like the idea- Yet things I noticed at the bodies exhibit-

fatty tissue really shrinks during decomp. I think the breasts should be smaller...and...penile tissue also loses alot of volume during decomp.

My two cents, for the one/half cent it's worth...

If you where to translate to real world (and alive) tissue-and then have these shapes after death, the .....lady bits and man piece would have to be huge during life.

It's nit-picky, I know, and please, feel free to ignor me. Anyways, I look forward to watching what becomes of your mod.

If you where to translate to real world (and alive) tissue-and then have these shapes after death, the .....lady bits and man piece would have to be huge during life.

Considering what SOS and the UNP bodies usually look like in-game...

This is interesting, and looks well-done to me. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

• 4 weeks later...

The bodies are Bethesdas original vanilla as are the textures. I just added the male member and color altered the textures to more closely resemble each other.

I spent some time looking on the web at various states of desiccated bodies, with and without preservative agents added to the corpses. Without completely redoing all the meshes, (which if I was going to go to that much effort  I'd give them some rags to wear as well,) and taking into account that NO rats or insects have been gnawing on them these are as close as I was able to get. As for the fatty tissue, I read an article about a 12 century mercury, myrtle, and quicksilver based embalming technique where the preservative agents actually bonded with the fat cells causing them to solidify to an almost stone like state.

True embalming of that period was usually done by cooks rather than doctors and they removed a majority of the corpses major organs and fat tissue replacing them with sawdust,  tar and various herbs... Which may explain the AI behavior of some of the Draugr's I've seen wandering around the crypts.

That....that's dedication.

Archived