Okay, so I know we're a loooong way away from being able to mod Skyrim; i doubt the construction set will even be released simultaneously with the game. However, that doesn't mean we can't start brainstorming ideas and planning for mods.

Obviously i'm sure people are already planning to implement lovers, rapers, tamagoclub and all the other popular ones, even if we don't know what the coding, animation, and other requirements for Skyrim will be. But along those lines, I wanted to discuss what mods people are already planning for Skyrim, and also what we can prepare for Skyrim without it's construction set, like already made animations, dialogue for quests, plans for land masses and quest lines, etc.

Personally, i want to make a portable home mod, something along the lines of home seen here http://www.oblivionsrealestate.com/Find_A_Home/Portable/portable.html, only a small-medium sized island, with a house, training area, places for weapons, etc. Something very private and homey, no servants or npcs or anything (maybe a few animals), and accessed via a linking book ala Myst.

I'd love to be ready for to make that once the Skyrim construction set hits, so if anyone has any idea how i can prepare for making a mod like that without the construction set, or how any of us can prepare the mods we want to make, let's discuss them so we can be prepared when Skyrim hits!

• 3 weeks later...

I will be glad to help converting/rewriting/translating the xLovers mods for Skyrim.

Other than that, I'm mainly playing with two ideas at the moment...

[*]Succubus (or Incubus respectively)... I would love to play as one and since I haven't seen a mod for it, I will do it myself. The main ingredients: Vampire-like gameplay, LoversMagic(Ex), maybe a matching race.

[*]Prostitute... I still find the experience of the current xLovers a bit bland, regarding prostitution. How about renting a room, having customers visit, getting paid, improving your techniques/skills...? So much can be done, so many ideas in my head.

If I find the time in the next few weeks and month, I will maybe work on those ideas in Oblivion.

Okay' date=' so I know we're a loooong way away from being able to mod Skyrim; i doubt the construction set will even be released simultaneously with the game.[/quote']They have already stated that the construction set will be released simultaneously.

Don't know how hard converting will be, the engine is based on the old one but almost completely rewritten. One thing that sort of worries me is that they stated that you can't choose the race of the player character, only one race (dragonborn, for obvious plot reasons) will be available.

One thing that sort of worries me is that they stated that you can't choose the race of the player character' date=' only one race (dragonborn, for obvious plot reasons) will be available.

[/quote']According to my sources, (ie. the wikis here and here), Dragonsborn (the PC) can be of any race. No problems there, methinks.

Guest Donkey

I will be glad to help converting/rewriting/translating the xLovers mods for Skyrim.

Other than that' date=' I'm mainly playing with two ideas at the moment...

[*]Prostitute... I still find the experience of the current xLovers a bit bland, regarding prostitution. How about renting a room, having customers visit, getting paid, improving your techniques/skills...? So much can be done, so many ideas in my head.

If I find the time in the next few weeks and month, I will maybe work on those ideas in Oblivion.

Did you try Goranga Prostitution mod ?? It will do just that. You will have to invite them go to a room etc..

You can all breath a little easier! From:

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/115/1158651p1.html

(Todd Howard:) We still use the nif file format, because it worked fine for what we're doing and our modders know it well. We still use some middleware that we like, such as Havok. We're not just using their physics this time, but their animation system, Havok Behavior.

Nice of Todd to ack the modders (on this occasion).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all, I haven't been on these forums in forever because, well, I haven't been playing my modded Oblivion in some time. But I have preordered Skyrim and have been eagerly awaiting its release. Now that the time is near, I think I need to get active on these boards to stay on top of the mod community.

Allow me to sound in on my thoughts on how soon we'll be seeing mods (adult and non-adult), since that seems to be a point of a lot of debate:

I think the most obvious thing to note is that users who have been modding for the five years that Oblivion has been around have pretty much mastered the Construction Kit. Those modders are experienced and I'm sure they are super-excited to get modding Skyrim, as it will be like creating their own modern game. And with a lot of the assets being industry standard, there will be quite a lot of content available quickly I'd imagine. I don't doubt for a second that, as soon as the initial novelty of the game wears off for the day-one purchasers, those that know how to mod will jump in and get to work, if for no other reason than to be one of the first to put out mods.

And I really don't feel the quality of the early mods will be that poor, as someone suggested. Many of these people understand game design and know how to create assets. If anything, at first I'd expect a ton of conflicting mods breaking the game, but nothing truly inferior. You have to think that things like making a house is the same from Oblivion to Skyrim; nothing has changed with modeling .obj files, uv mapping, building textures/normal and bump maps, etc. That is standard game design. Shaders and lighting, AI, and scripting will be the things that modders may have to be concerned with. But things like creating objects or animation? Those things should be exactly the same, as the fundamentals of these game assets will always be the same.

So bottom line, I think we can expect some decent mods early, but nothing as robust as xLovers for a little while at least. Personally, I committed to making animations during Oblivion but due to school never did. But, because I want them for Skyrim, I will definitely be making them. So count me in!

I will be in line at midnight at Game Stop, playing hopefully at 12:15 am on 11/11/11, hahaha. The best part is, I have off work that day because it is also Veteran's Day, so I will likely play until my eyes roll back into my skull!

I wouldn't be too sure about the CS.

Firstly, like Fallout3, I expect it won't be ready for some time. After all, you can't use it on a console so why have it ready for the game release? If the Game is ready for the Console but the CS isn't ready for the PC, it'll be released without a CS.

Secondly, The Fallout3 CS is different enough from the Oblivion one, which was different enough from the Morrowind one, to produce a learning curve. I suspect the same with Skyrim.

Anyway, in a few weeks, we'll have some answers, like will it be ready for November?

I wouldn't be too sure about the CS.

Firstly' date=' like Fallout3, I expect it won't be ready for some time.[/quote']

Well, if the CS isn't available at release, I suppose it's not that big of a deal, since everyone is going to want to play the game a bunch anyway.

BTW, not to change the thread topic, but one of the developers did a time trial of the game and, only focusing on the main quests, beat the game in 2 hours. And this game is supposed to have potentially 300 hours of gameplay available? That is a lot of time to fuck around with side quests, if you ask me.

Any one know if any Japanese modders are going to convert the MBP mods for skyrim because I would hate to have to redownload them and also what about XEO and BU?

I can not speak for the BU mods but from the limited time I had to goof around with a demo the only races I would like to alter faces on at this point would be non-human. I prefer the xeo-ish argonian and khajit over the more animalistic traits of the vanilla faces. The human races look pretty realistic. I'm terribly interested in seeing what the modding community comes up with for body replacers as to do it seemlessly, they will have to be very realistic textures and proportions.

well heres my two cents....just to get it off my mind, it is in no way meant as demeaning or anything like that (im just covering my ass there :P)

so i was thinking, why not, instead of trying to port everything over from oblivion about lovers, try to make a whole plugin by ourselves (well...i say that but my expertise with the CS is quite basic, but still) i liked lovers but one thing that annoyed me is that it REALLY did FEEL translated, meaning, it felt....second handed in some way.....if you look at new vegas for example, the whole sexout thing is very interesting, always new stuff and all, never wait for them to be translated properly (and never strange translation due to the language structure from japanese chinese or russian)

so..that was all (pretty long rambling too....probably with LOTS of wrong ponctuation and might not make much sense to someone other than me...but still) could be nice to try and have a kind of....-homegrown- plugin, maybe that it could become the one that people from other contries translate? we would be the ones with always the newest stuff for the plugin? well....NOW thats all....thanks for those who bothered reading that whole post XD

well heres my two cents....just to get it off my mind' date=' it is in no way meant as demeaning or anything like that (im just covering my ass there :P)

so i was thinking, why not, instead of trying to port everything over from oblivion about lovers, try to make a whole plugin by ourselves (well...i say that but my expertise with the CS is quite basic, but still) i liked lovers but one thing that annoyed me is that it REALLY did FEEL translated, meaning, it felt....second handed in some way.....if you look at new vegas for example, the whole sexout thing is very interesting, always new stuff and all, never wait for them to be translated properly (and never strange translation due to the language structure from japanese chinese or russian)

so..that was all (pretty long rambling too....probably with LOTS of wrong ponctuation and might not make much sense to someone other than me...but still) could be nice to try and have a kind of....-homegrown- plugin, maybe that it could become the one that people from other contries translate? we would be the ones with always the newest stuff for the plugin? well....NOW thats all....thanks for those who bothered reading that whole post XD

[/quote']

I know jack shit about programming but I like this ones Idea.

Instead of Simply Porting why not make your own? Getting concept that are from xlovers and make one specifically for Skyrim?

I really don't have much say since I'm not experienced with modding.

I'm not thinking about how spiny it will be........ but how much stretching will be involved :s

I doubt one would be able to walk after a "close encounter" with a massive dragon.

I would think A woman would be dying about the time she gets penetrated.

A man would be... squished? Yeah....

I'm not thinking about how spiny it will be........ but how much stretching will be involved :s

I doubt one would be able to walk after a "close encounter" with a massive dragon.

Close encounters of the fiery kind... :P

I would think A woman would be dying about the time she gets penetrated.

A man would be... squished? Yeah....

Depends... Is it a female dragon? Then he'd probably be unbirthed. (God' date=' that is a freaky fetish... :P)

If it's a male dragon, he's probably just toast. :P

Off topic: Guess what my favorite smiley is...

[spoiler=Hint, it's not one of these']:angel::@:blush::s:dodgy::exclamation::heart::huh::idea::sleepy::-/:);):cool::D:rolleyes::shy::(