Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Cellulite and muscular skin normals

View File

Description

One of the most powerful and underutilised features from LooksMenu is being able to replace your character's skin. This is often used to make a unique player and/or npcs. With this, I have decided to give a little more customisation via adding the muscular normal maps (JB only) from Tigersan for your melee powerhouses as well as custom-made cellulite textures for a more average -or even full-figured- wastelander.Β 

Β 

For JaneBod, you have six options - 4 or them muscular normals from Tigersan and 2 cellulite normal maps made by me. For CBBE and FG you have only the cellulite option.

Β 

Don't forget to activate the plugin JBSkinsRnR.esp!


Permissions
Except for Tigersan's normals whose permissions you must follow (credit them basically), feel free to use this mod as you see fit. No credits needed, but always appreciated.
Β 

Credits

Tigersan for the muscular normal maps that were included in the mod.

radbeetle for "LooksMenu Skin Override Tutorial"

Β 

Tools used

GIMP

Blender

Creation Kit


 

Posted

Looks nice! Can't "weight' for FG cellulite normals, might pair well with my Unhealthy Craving mod.

Posted

I'm honestly amazed there are people still out here making things for Janebod. It's a damn good body that deserves a bit more love. Sadly, every person that has made a version of JB has left the community for some reason or other. It would be good if someone took up the mantle and upgraded the body to current standards.

Posted
9 hours ago, Keryo Wolfe said:

I'm honestly amazed there are people still out here making things for Janebod. It's a damn good body that deserves a bit more love. Sadly, every person that has made a version of JB has left the community for some reason or other. It would be good if someone took up the mantle and upgraded the body to current standards.

What 'current standards' are you referring to? JB Extended from Nexus has about the same features from Fusion Girl, like 3BBB, weighted genitals, a couple more sliders and fixed knees. Is there any other feature that's missing?

Unfortunately, there is a lack of conversions or original outfits. I can see why, however - too many sliders to manage. Having different UVs to every other body type is also a big issue.

Posted
15 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Looks nice! Can't "weight' for FG cellulite normals, might pair well with my Unhealthy Craving mod.

Your 'weight' is over! I've just published said update.

Posted
30 minutes ago, DragAndPlace said:

Your 'weight' is over! I've just published said update.

Β 

Hooray! Going to take it for a spin later today. Thanks for making something amazing!!!

Posted
8 hours ago, Keryo Wolfe said:

SMP is now a thing in FO4, so there's that.

Β 

I'm as much of an FG fan as the next perv, but even it doesn't have SMP yet (it's under development for FG v2 but that's also going to require new outfit conversions once it's ready).

Posted

Looks interesting!

Β 

Would love to give it a shot, but is it possible to apply more than 1 body skin override at the same time? Asking as I'm running Serene Skin Overrides + Seamless HiPoly Faces REDUX. Does anyone have any more info?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rubber_duck said:

Looks interesting!

Β 

Would love to give it a shot, but is it possible to apply more than 1 body skin override at the same time? Asking as I'm running Serene Skin Overrides + Seamless HiPoly Faces REDUX. Does anyone have any more info?

I don't think you can since you're essentially replacing the character's texture set. But, since this mod is only normal maps, you could manually copy this mod's and replace your override's normals if applicable. Doing this I don't think you'll get a fully seamless face under certain light conditions...

Now story time! A while ago I tried to add normal maps via LooksMenu's overlay feature and using BGSM materials and some alpha magic. It sort of worked, but only for a short period of time until it bugged or became invisible. On top of that, it might behave weirdly with other overlays and effects. It would have been ideal.

Edited by DragAndPlace
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DragAndPlace said:

I don't think you can since you're essentially replacing the character's texture set. But, since this mod is only normal maps, you could manually copy this mod's and replace your override's normals if applicable. Doing this I don't think you'll get a fully seamless face under certain light conditions...

Β 

I just finished doing something like that to merge your cellulite into Fireapple's X-SENSUOUS "wet" 4K normals in order to integrate it with the skin I'm already using and avoid mismatches, will update with a screenshot in a bit.

Β 

Edit: I give you "sweaty cellulite"...

Spoiler

sweaty_cellulite_front.jpg.b1a6963b83dc6d0964cb562661caf862.jpg

Β 

sweaty_cellulite_rear_zoom.jpg.2952a1b329a2093edde01701f22d64ed.jpg

Β 

3 hours ago, DragAndPlace said:

Now story time! A while ago I tried to add normal maps via LooksMenu's overlay feature and using BGSM materials and some alpha magic. It sort of worked, but only for a short period of time until it bugged or became invisible. On top of that, it might behave weirdly with other overlays and effects. It would have been ideal.

Β 

Have you looked into how JB. did the raised brands and welts in Slave Tats? If that technique could be used for cellulite normals it would definitely be more flexible.

Edited by vaultbait
sweaty cellulite!
Posted
8 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Β 

I just finished doing something like that to merge your cellulite into Fireapple's X-SENSUOUS "wet" 4K normals in order to integrate it with the skin I'm already using and avoid mismatches, will update with a screenshot in a bit.

Β 

Edit: I give you "sweaty cellulite"...

Β  Reveal hidden contents

sweaty_cellulite_front.jpg.b1a6963b83dc6d0964cb562661caf862.jpg

Β 

sweaty_cellulite_rear_zoom.jpg.2952a1b329a2093edde01701f22d64ed.jpg


Wow, are the droplets normals? Anyways, good job - that looks pretty good!
Β 

Quote

Have you looked into how JB. did the raised brands and welts in Slave Tats? If that technique could be used for cellulite normals it would definitely be more flexible.

I haven't, but I'll take a look into it. Thanks for the tip.

Posted
4 hours ago, DragAndPlace said:

Wow, are the droplets normals? Anyways, good job - that looks pretty good!

Β 

Yes, or at least normals are a major component of the effect there. It's the optional X-SENSUOUS WET addition fromΒ https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/50793?tab=filesΒ but all I did was open its generic female body normal map and your cellulite butt+legs both in The Gimp, clear all the parts of your normal map which weren't the cellulite effect, scale it up from 2K to 4K so that they would be the same resolution, set its base color as an alpha channel, then paste it over the base layer for the one fromΒ X-SENSUOUS WET. Took maybe 5 minutes. Unfortunately I can't share the resulting file because Fireapple set some fairly strict permissions on his work, but it's a really great set of skin assets for FG and BT.

Posted
18 hours ago, DragAndPlace said:

I don't think you can since you're essentially replacing the character's texture set. But, since this mod is only normal maps, you could manually copy this mod's and replace your override's normals if applicable. Doing this I don't think you'll get a fully seamless face under certain light conditions...

Now story time! A while ago I tried to add normal maps via LooksMenu's overlay feature and using BGSM materials and some alpha magic. It sort of worked, but only for a short period of time until it bugged or became invisible. On top of that, it might behave weirdly with other overlays and effects. It would have been ideal.

Β 

Yeah, I kinda figured. Well it is worth giving a shot, but I strongly agree with @vaultbaitΒ - you should definitely check out the way JB did it in Slave Tats!

Β 

I feel like overlays would fit the whole scope better. It's true that some oddities and bugs could be present (that's always the case), but I think LooksMenu already has overlays bug fixed. I can't remember who nor which mod, but I know some mod (maybe Nail Polish...?) used to ship with custom fork of F4EE (LooksMenu plugin) that featured some kind of fix for overlays and their indexes (as far as I'm aware, that bug was responsible for the case where certain 'cleaning' mods, such as Wash Out That Cum would remove more overlays than they are supposed to).

Β 

Either way, I'll check this out, but if it is technically possible - I'd vouch for Overlays any day! :smiley:Β Keep up the great work!

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Β 

Yeah, I kinda figured. Well it is worth giving a shot, but I strongly agree with @vaultbaitΒ - you should definitely check out the way JB did it in Slave Tats!

Β 

I feel like overlays would fit the whole scope better. It's true that some oddities and bugs could be present (that's always the case), but I think LooksMenu already has overlays bug fixed. I can't remember who nor which mod, but I know some mod (maybe Nail Polish...?) used to ship with custom fork of F4EE (LooksMenu plugin) that featured some kind of fix for overlays and their indexes (as far as I'm aware, that bug was responsible for the case where certain 'cleaning' mods, such as Wash Out That Cum would remove more overlays than they are supposed to).

Β 

Either way, I'll check this out, but if it is technically possible - I'd vouch for Overlays any day! :smiley:Β Keep up the great work!

Β 

For example, my theoretical use case would be several intensities of a cellulite overlay (similar to the breast veins overlays but obviously normal deformation rather than simple diffuse textures) which Unhealthy Craving could optionally apply to the player character as their body fat level increases. Related: stretch marks! (hint, hint) :pig:

Β 

Edit: And yes, it's Immersive Nail Polish you're thinking of that shipped with a patched LooksMenu plugin, though I think most of those fixes made it into later versions of LM.

Edited by vaultbait
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Okay, so far no progress on overlays. After testing, I can only get normal maps to show on the opaque parts of a .BGSM overlay. As far as I know, the standard material doesn't support partially transparent pixels and I can't see normals on the effect materials.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Any chance you'd share the bodyslide preset used seen in the screenshots? Its really hard to make a plump preset like that it looks great.

Edit: Oh damn its for Janebod only got the 1 option for CBBE >_>Β 
Do you plan to convert any of the other skins to CBBE or not really?Β 

Edited by Spectre5342
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Spectre5342 said:

Any chance you'd share the bodyslide preset used seen in the screenshots? Its really hard to make a plump preset like that it looks great.

Edit: Oh damn its for Janebod only got the 1 option for CBBE >_>Β 
Do you plan to convert any of the other skins to CBBE or not really?Β 

The bodyslide preset I use on the main screenshot is 'BBW Awooga' for CBBE on nexus. I think it looks nice too, but CBBE is not quite good for that type of bodies. I tried to address that for Fusion Girl with additional sliders on another mod, but I don't think I will ever do that for CBBE.

About skins, are you talking about the normals on this mod or the preset? I won't convert the muscular normals to the CBBE UVs since I don't know how, but someone else did.

Edited by DragAndPlace
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 7:38 AM, DragAndPlace said:

The bodyslide preset I use on the main screenshot is 'BBW Awooga' for CBBE on nexus. I think it looks nice too, but CBBE is not quite good for that type of bodies. I tried to address that for Fusion Girl with additional sliders on another mod, but I don't think I will ever do that for CBBE.

About skins, are you talking about the normals on this mod or the preset? I won't convert the muscular normals to the CBBE UVs since I don't know how, but someone else did.

The normals the ones in the first screenshot that are "rippled." I know of that muscle one good stuff took me forever to find it in the past. I would be using Fusion Girl but last time I tried any outfit that had gloves had an issue where they'd stretch out into the camera and they hadn't been fixed at that time. Curious what as a user of Fusion Girl what you have to say about how good it is? Its just such a chore to convert my entire build from cbbe to fusion girl but I get around to it some time if its worth it.

Β 

Posted (edited)

Β 

15 minutes ago, Spectre5342 said:

The normals the ones in the first screenshot that are "rippled."


Oh, that works for both CBBE and FG since they use a very similar UV map. They aren't exactly like in the picture because I made them different from scratch. Expect a very similar appearance, though. I'm not sure I understood your question.

Β 

15 minutes ago, Spectre5342 said:

I would be using Fusion Girl but last time I tried any outfit that had gloves had an issue where they'd stretch out into the camera and they hadn't been fixed at that time.

Stretching sounds like a skeleton issue, but as far as I'm concerned FG doesn't work any differently to CBBE. That's odd.

Β 

15 minutes ago, Spectre5342 said:

Curious what as a user of Fusion Girl what you have to say about how good it is?

The best thing about it is how most mods here on this site are designed around it. It also has nice weights and has very little prerequisites. To get a body with detailed physics and good weights (including those on the 3D genitals) you only need OCBP, the Extended Skeleton and the body itself. CBBE is a mess on that front since you need to get 3BBB, which causes a lot of confusion; and the fixed skeleton for the knees. Fusion Girl's conversions are serviceable, I suppose.

My main gripe with this body is, however, the small amount of sliders. But on that regard, nothing beats JaneBod (and it doesn't get any support...). Nipples, breasts and crotch could've used a little more polygons too.

Β 

15 minutes ago, Spectre5342 said:

Its just such a chore to convert my entire build from cbbe to fusion girl but I get around to it some time if its worth it.

That depends largely on what you seek in your modlist. Refer to the reasons why I like FG better to see why. However, do note that CBBE is the body with the most conversions and textures by far.

Edited by DragAndPlace
Posted

Using your mod for CBBE there are only options for "Cellulite Butt" and "Cellulite Butt And Legs" the one for Janebod though has some more like "Realistic Ripped, Realistic Soft, Realistic Soft, Ripped, Soft"

Might also just be with my game the cellulite options on CBBE are so subtle they're almost impossible to see. Just in your screenshot they're so glaring the ripples and the skin is also so shiny too which I knew was likely a different mod as well. All it seems to do on my end is smooth out the skin and reduce its normal detail, the characters skin kinda looks like playdough xD

Don't worry about any of the other stuff I said that was just curiosity really

Posted
2 hours ago, Spectre5342 said:

Using your mod for CBBE there are only options for "Cellulite Butt" and "Cellulite Butt And Legs" the one for Janebod though has some more like "Realistic Ripped, Realistic Soft, Realistic Soft, Ripped, Soft"

Might also just be with my game the cellulite options on CBBE are so subtle they're almost impossible to see. Just in your screenshot they're so glaring the ripples and the skin is also so shiny too which I knew was likely a different mod as well. All it seems to do on my end is smooth out the skin and reduce its normal detail, the characters skin kinda looks like playdough xD

Don't worry about any of the other stuff I said that was just curiosity really

Indeed the main problem this mod has is that the normals were made only with the cellulite in mind and not the other details other textures have. That depends on lighting conditions as well, and ENB seems to exacerbate the effect a little. I've taken pictures like these with the same mod:
Β 

Spoiler

image.jpeg.0a8a4a060c3509b58c28a52b69e56d66.jpegenb2026_9_28_16_51_12.jpg.3b6633ac595d20aea6734fb1e1b1f1c4.jpg



It has been suggested on this thread to add cellulite via overlays to mix it with the normals other skins have, but I have yet to figure that out. Failing that, people could mix them on their own end with image editing programs like vaultbait did here; far from ideal, though.

The shiny skin is mainly from the material configuration (not provided with my mod), of which there are a couple mods online (like suggested on this thread) and the specular map I used at the time which leaned quite heavy into the 'wet' look.Β 

I appreciate your feedback, really 😁 I hope I can find the inspiration needed to actually make this truly functional soon.

Posted
On 8/31/2026 at 12:07 PM, DragAndPlace said:

Okay, so far no progress on overlays. After testing, I can only get normal maps to show on the opaque parts of a .BGSM overlay. As far as I know, the standard material doesn't support partially transparent pixels and I can't see normals on the effect materials.

Β 

Over in Discord, @MSM_AliceΒ suggested it might be possible to do this with a shader, depending on whether the game engine is capable of multiplying magnitudes of the red and green channels in the shader's normal map with the existing skin texture normals (while keeping the original blue channel). They may be able to explain in more detail if that's an interesting avenue of experimentation.

Posted
17 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Β 

Over in Discord, @MSM_AliceΒ suggested it might be possible to do this with a shader, depending on whether the game engine is capable of multiplying magnitudes of the red and green channels in the shader's normal map with the existing skin texture normals (while keeping the original blue channel). They may be able to explain in more detail if that's an interesting avenue of experimentation.

Oh, that's quite interesting. I didn't know FO4 allowed custom shaders (nor do I know anything about shaders...). Thanks for bringing that up!

Posted
19 minutes ago, DragAndPlace said:

Oh, that's quite interesting. I didn't know FO4 allowed custom shaders (nor do I know anything about shaders...). Thanks for bringing that up!

Β 

Most of my (limited) familiarity with body shaders in FO4 is stuff like the vanilla game blood spatter, and dirt applied by the Get Dirty mod. I've never tried to make any for my own mods, and I understand they're finicky to work with.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...