ElvenScoundrel Posted March 6, 2014 Posted March 6, 2014 I honestly don't really care about sex in companions, really. All I want is a companion who isn't a 2D pack mule (Hi, all of Fallout 3 companions), a companion that feels like part of the world with his own opinions on the things happening in the game, and one that doesn't  do insane amounts of damage and OP Perception, being able to spot enemies before I can even see 'em.
BruceWayne Posted March 6, 2014 Posted March 6, 2014 What am I looking for in a companion? Swedish accent, probably...  Seriously though, I agree with most that was said about story, personal agenda,etc. A companion needs character and has to be more than a meat shield that follows you around and spouts one-liners. The more character he/she has, the more I am likely to forgive repeating dialogue or fetch-quests. If you've got the time to spare and want to give Vilja for Oblivion a shot, you'll see what I mean. That mod is more complex, than every Beth/Obsidian follower and due to the limited nature of gameplay and interactivity in Bioware games, I'd even say she's better than most of their companions in ME and DA. As much as I love llama's Willow, but emma's Vilja is playing in another league.  As for the companion wheel, I think it's far superior to what was available in FO3. Having to wade through all the dialogue options is cumbersome and after the second time you've heard what they have to say, you click it away and that is just as "immersion-breaking" as the dialogue wheel might be. Plus, without the wheel you can't give commands in combat, which is really annoying.
myuhinny Posted March 6, 2014 Posted March 6, 2014 Vilja is good I just don't like how she looks in oblivion I have been trying to get a replacer that I downloaded that changes her appearance working I have everything working but her face. Most of her options and quests are good except for the *hey why don't you take the lead* that one is great if you want to fall asleep as she walks soooo slow and almost *always* picks the farthest fricken thing away from you to go to. There is also a Vilja version for skyrim as well. I was hoping Kirina Shilo would of been completed well the romance version that is but it seems the author hasn't been really active.Â
BruceWayne Posted March 6, 2014 Posted March 6, 2014 Are you kidding me? I know arguing taste is pointless, on the internet and in general, but I absolutely love how she looks in Oblivion. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I haven't gotten that far into the Skyrim version of her before I lost interest in Skyrim to say if it's equally as good.  Yeah, the "you lead" thing had "suboptimal" pathfinding, especially in earlier versions, but the current version has definitely improved on that. You can tell her to run as she does it now as well. But the pure amount of fresh ideas and content alone is very cool and given the limitations of the engine(s) the execution is top-notch. They really nailed her combat AI imo, it's very rare that she just runs off fighting or does something she isn't supposed to do.
Guest Posted March 7, 2014 Posted March 7, 2014 quite out of topic, but... when I was roaming with Viljia in Skyrim I was playing with a very hard mod setting, I was dieing quite easily so I was always avoiding dragons, running away etc. Anyway, I don't know why, everytime she was taking the lead, she was bringing me in the mouth of a dragon, I don't know if she was cruel or simply very unlucky... after some time with her, I was really yelling at her every 2 minutes "I don't give you the lead! no way! and now shut up! I said shut up!" etc.etc. it's a good thing, right? I mean, another proof that Emma really made a Companion and not a robot: would you ever yell to a pack mule? well, excluding when they decide to move in front of your gun just when you are shooting of course... I would be curious to see how a FONV companion would manage that "give me the lead" thing. As first thing, I'm expecting he / she would bring me north of Goodspring, directly inside Sloan's caves, just to show me the Khans' camp...
RitualClarity Posted March 7, 2014 Posted March 7, 2014 I like them to be meaningful. Why would I entrust my life to someone or protect someone if I don't have some feelings toward them. Friendship interactions, love, hell even lust. In depth but meaningful. Many of the mod companions are afterthoughts or "pack mules"Â and "bullet catchers".
Guest Posted March 7, 2014 Posted March 7, 2014 In depth but meaningful. Many of the mod companions are afterthoughts or "pack mules"Â and "bullet catchers". Â No way! I don't agree, absolutely! Now I'll show you it's the contrary! . . . *Opens NV Nexus homepage* . . . Ok, maybe you're right.
t3589 Posted March 7, 2014 Posted March 7, 2014 @Bruce: Of course you like her. You have matching chins. lol
RitualClarity Posted March 7, 2014 Posted March 7, 2014 Â In depth but meaningful. Many of the mod companions are afterthoughts or "pack mules"Â and "bullet catchers". Â No way! I don't agree, absolutely! Now I'll show you it's the contrary! . . . *Opens NV Nexus homepage* . . . Ok, maybe you're right. Â Â Â Â
Guest endgameaddiction Posted March 9, 2014 Posted March 9, 2014 Alright, well I really had no where to put this, but I just made this within an hour or so just for fun and I really wanted to share it. It kinda would be cool for a quest, so who knows... maybe it inspires someone. Â These are audio dialogs i did about this female named Elise, great great granddaughter of Dr. Stanislaus Braun. The dialogs are split into more tracks as I could not fit it all into 1. And a friendly warning and I'm really really sorry... tracks 12-16 are louder than the first 11 tracks. I continued finishing it after my room mate had got home from work and after we talked. I didn't realize I turned up the volume. >.< just make sure you turn the volume down by the 11th track. Again, I did this for fun and for testing as I'm going to get back into doing audio work to get back into my radio project that used to work on in early 2013. If you want to use these audios or ideas, feel free. Â I figured Elise could be a companion you rescue from vault 112 after completing the simulation. Â Â Elise Audio
nyaalich Posted March 9, 2014 Author Posted March 9, 2014 If anyone made Elise into a companion, mandatory dialogue option:Â "Your grandfather is a dick." Â EDIT:Â Err...edited wrong thread.Â
RitualClarity Posted March 9, 2014 Posted March 9, 2014 If anyone made Elise into a companion, mandatory dialogue option: "Your grandfather is a dick."  EDIT: Err...edited wrong thread.  Doesn't matter if it is in the wrong thread... The fact still remains her grandfather is a dick Â
LaEspada Posted March 9, 2014 Posted March 9, 2014  If anyone made Elise into a companion, mandatory dialogue option: "Your grandfather is a dick."  EDIT: Err...edited wrong thread.  Doesn't matter if it is in the wrong thread... The fact still remains her grandfather is a dick    And likes to dress up like little girls, and turn people into dogs. Don't forget that   Also for the companion, if you've already done vault 113, why not make it that Braun actually put her into a separate VR simulation as to not "taint" her mind or something like that? So you could still rescue her even after you've killed/done the main VR of Tranquiliity Lane.
RitualClarity Posted March 9, 2014 Posted March 9, 2014 A bit off topic LaEspada however check with Brawn. He cannot leave the VM because of the time in the VM. Likely she wouldn't be able to either unless you provide a "body" . That could be a synthetic body like one of these that are floating around. I believe you are using one for edi etc. Download her mind (or transfer her brain) into it. That would follow the story line better.
Spartan 363 Posted March 10, 2014 Posted March 10, 2014 I want a funny companion like Throthgar the Legendary Dragonborn Coward mod in Skyrim.  And a robot companion that does nothing but this, lol   Â
myuhinny Posted March 10, 2014 Posted March 10, 2014 You want funny make a follower like this. This is a race and for skyrim but a person could make a follower type like it. Â
RezRayV12 Posted March 30, 2014 Posted March 30, 2014    Made my old Kicken Kitten Demi Companion from FO3 a Willow re-placer.  Also a Delilah rebuild..  They work for me  Hangin out at My Baja Island Mod.  finally got FNV working on my new Rig.  ~ ReZ  EDIT:  I just realized I got so Photobombed..  Check out the random follower chic on the right pickin her nose..Â
Guest endgameaddiction Posted March 31, 2014 Posted March 31, 2014 I'm getting the Kittens back in my game. Miss those gals. And the saloon.
Melly Bxtch Posted March 31, 2014 Posted March 31, 2014 Voice acting. Quality, pure voice acting. Case and point, Willow.
Aifoishoifa Posted May 19, 2015 Posted May 19, 2015 Pretty much just a partner in crime. With, y'know. Backstory and character. Would be great if it were to work in a matter similar to Ales and Ash from Hotline Miameh 2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.