Animated Wings

SoggyWaffle

I've seen them in screenshots and I think in videos too. I'm looking for demon wings and angel wings that turn on an animation for flying. On the nexus I've found wings and even ones that let you press a key to fly, but thats just the jump animation and they don't move. I also think that pathing wasn't implemented either. Anybody know where I can find this.

Thanks in advance.

There are four mods with animated wings and proper flying animations:

1. Drakes Anthro-Dragon Race WIP pre-beta releases

2. and a race based on Drake's mod: Dragorian and Dranaugh Races

3. VipCxjs Air Fight System

4. and a race that uses Air Fight System but has other flying animations: Abyss Demon (sample image of flying animation)

(if the download link gets broken, search for Abyss Demon on Tesnexus)

Note: the flying animations of the first two mods are not compatible with Air Fight System and mods that use Air Fight System. But both flying systems can be used in one Oblivion installation because they have different initializations of flying (the dragons use "," key and the others the shortcut SHIFT + E) and different animation paths.

The last mentioned mod will be updated next year with a lot new stuff and the demons will look even better. Here are some preview pictures of the current state of development: 01, 02, 03

• 1 year later...

Recently I found these: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/22262

About the only other animated resource available it seems. Animated Alexander resources however are certainly welcome...

Here's the story.

Suddenly I feel like animate those Alexander wings. So I wrote a working fly script yesterday, fixed thousands of bugs, then got stumped because I couldn't replace those damn jumploop animation with the flying one. ToggleSpecialAnim function appeared to be bugged and I had no idea of replacing the jump animation *temporarily* without overwirting it.

Then I found this thread. crap.. PT, any other non-animated real cool wings you want?

Movomo...I have an idea for automating rigging based off of the structure, position, and orientation of the bones in an armature...wings would be an ideal test case.  I'll send you a link once I get it past the planning stages.

As far as replacing animations goes, make certain that the niControllerSequence has *exactly* the correct name and that the correct CycleType is selected.

One last note, the BB animation settings on Pose converter do a halfway decent job making wings flap.

Movomo...I have an idea for automating rigging based off of the structure, position, and orientation of an armature...wings would be an ideal test case.  I'll send you a link once I get it past the planning stages.

As far as replacing animations goes, make certain that the niControllerSequence has *exactly* the correct name and that the correct CycleType is selected.

One last note, the BB animation settings on Pose converter do a halfway decent job making wings flap.

Speaking of.. I never tried your auto rigging script. That's what you're talking about right? I was planning to copy from the existing ones but if you kindly offer some instructions I'll try it.

About replacing the animation, I don't know.. I know ToggleSpecialAnim sometimes works, but it looks like I should reload the game. Controller name is JumpLoop and the cycle type is cycle_loop.. They look normal. Either I must be missing something important or that function is bugged. I tried researching wolfzqcustom.. well, no clue. We have air fighting system after all. :)

Well, this idea is a bit different.  With my current tool, you manually define a single axis and it automatically rigs along that axis.

My idea is to use a similar algorithm that automatically derives the axis from the structure and orientation of the underlying bones.  I haven't started coding it yet, but I think I have most of the functions it will need in my library.

But yeah, the boneweight copy script should do the trick for copying weights from vaguely similar meshes.  I'll send you a link to the current dev version, assuming I didn't break it with my last updates to the library.

Urgh, VipCxj air fight system HEAVY. It really, really bullies my cpu. And I doubt any super fancy machine can possibly bear it.. because it's cycling through every last npcs in high AI processing, once every frame, and calculate their xyz positions without omitting any of them. I guess it's inevitable because flying script should be applied every frame.. Even worse it runs even if none of nearby npcs fly. I'd rather rewrite the script.

Gah! All I want is changing my jumploop path temporarily!

The fun thing is, that VipCxj OBSE plugin is probably unnecessary and replaceable already with OBSE 0020, which is also a requirement.

Doh! I found why my script cannot change the jumploop path. Update3D, the omnipotent function. Now I solved the biggest mystery and only have to do some rigging and rigging and rigging...(grin)

Someone rewriting the RHH system to be more efficient, and at the same time not breaking all the existing mods that depend on it would be ~amazing~

Yeah.. and now I understand why (s)he was trying to streamline the RHH. cool.

by the way, I don't know much about RHH system.. but simply increasing the run interval wouldn't be the only solution imo... There should be a lot of other things that can be optimized.

Yeah...I'd have to agree there.

So what's the script doing...is it scanning every NPC on every cycle?  Do you think an NPC queue would work as a replacement?

As to the RHH I don't know. And As to the air fight, no.. I don't think action queue would work quite well in there unlike break armor or other lazy scripts.

Basically it does cycle every NPC near.. and if found, that's where the two main features of this mod come in.

The first one is the flying script of course. Getting x/y/z position/angle and doing some math, setting new values according to the key input. I think this one is the heaviest thing.

The second one is, path-finding functionality. Even NPCs can fly so they don't need to find the ground path, but should find the air path. Looks like the mod is doing it for them.

I haven't taken a look at the path finding, probably that can be replaceable by action queue. but flying would be tricky.. if flying script is delayed, NPCs will stutter in the air.

PT, any other non-animated real cool wings you want?

The wings I really want badly are those Daedrasp recently was searching in this post. I've never seen them before.

A rip from some Tera/AION/whatever game? DAZ or Poser material? They look very nice. Nevermind the character's ankle seams :D.

The wings I really want badly are those Daedrasp recently was searching in this post. I've never seen them before.

A rip from some Tera/AION/whatever game? DAZ or Poser material? They look very nice. Nevermind the character's ankle seams :D.

Uh um. Let's not count something not discovered yet. Optainable things are what we need.. Alexander stuff is an excellent resource.. and what else? Dizzy wing, morian, or..

168453403.jpg51lGjqVcT-L.jpghinata-albums-ah-my-goddess-picture1159-

Woot!~~ belldandy! ..anyway, we already have dizzy but don't know about others. They are not too unique so there should be something similar. wait, alexander wings already look same as belldandy.

What is the difference to the original animations? One hand with shield, bow, hand to hand and no weapon have the same body position. Or is the wing animation different ( I use butterfly wings, so I could not  see a difference)

But one think I don't like: the original animations have BBB (all the idle positions without or with weapon), your animations don't have BBB. Why?

Archived