RaceMenu: Using overlays on followers

Deep Red

Is it possible to use RaceMenu to place tattoos on followers using overlays? I've been digging around the mod entry on the Nexus, but there was only a handful of similar questions which were either overlooked or just didn't get answered. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue on how exactly RaceMenu goes about doing overlays, but it should be possible for it to do what it does for the player's character on followers, right?

i asked at nexus if racemenu worked on NPC. the reply was...

"No. There are only features available that assist in making your own NPC easier. It doesn't work for NPCs because it just simply doesn't work the same way internally, nor will it ever."

"No. There are only features available that assist in making your own NPC easier. It doesn't work for NPCs because it just simply doesn't work the same way internally, nor will it ever."

That's... disappointing. Thanks for that bit of info, though.

but there is another possibility, a companion to give your tattoos.
if your companion has its own texture file, therein you can "replace" the texture.

german

es gibt aber eine andere möglichkeit , deinem begleiter eine tattoos zu geben .

wenn dein begleiter eine eigene texturdatei besitzt , kannst du dort die textur "austauschen" .

"No. There are only features available that assist in making your own NPC easier. It doesn't work for NPCs because it just simply doesn't work the same way internally, nor will it ever

well i am not sure this is entirely true as said above ask Expired he is working on adding racemenu type function for his follower mod Extensble follower framework.

Peace

"No. There are only features available that assist in making your own NPC easier. It doesn't work for NPCs because it just simply doesn't work the same way internally, nor will it ever

well i am not sure this is entirely true as said above ask Expired he is working on adding racemenu type function for his follower mod Extensble follower framework.

Peace

well... it is a direct quote from the posts section of racemenu download page at nexus. posted by 'expired6978' go and look for yourself before you accuse me of lying.

Saying something isn't entirely true is not the same as accusing someone of lying. Especially when you look at the link blabba posted which does seem to prove that it is possible using a combination of Racemenu and EFF.

nor entirely true would equal 'partial lying'.

all i did was post the mod authors reply to my query.  whether that answer is factual or not is an other story. the quote is a complete truth. it is what the author posted.... word for word.

It's Semantics, It can also mean you just don't have all the information at hand therefore you are only partly right. You're not lying with your statement but at the same time you're also not completely accurate.

P.s. the link you posted takes you right to expired profile not to the post in question so it's not like any of us could check it without having to go through the post on Racemenu.

well... it is a direct quote from the posts section of racemenu download page at nexus. posted by 'expired6978' go and look for yourself before you accuse me of lying.

You gotta take it calmly man, if you read my post again you will notice their is no accusation of me calling you a liar.

I simply was posting some information that I found from expired's sticky post in EFF and some comments from the thread there and was comparing it to your quoted statement. My result was that I thought it was 'weird'.

I also (albeit implicitly) state that I don't even know if the EFF tattoo thing works. I still plan on testing it and posting back if I find that it does work.

(Once my dam skyrim game is all updated with mods and cleaned from my experimental test stuff...)

I was simply trying to bring the modders 'if there is a will, there is a way' attitude. (Though don't expect anything from me I'm still just a script kiddie when it comes to skyrim modding)

So no harm no foul friend.

Archived