I am going to be testing both mods later tonight and will reply to both threads. Figured might as well kill two birds with one stone. I will turn Submit back on while testing this mod and see if submit kicks in during brawls and test the fix to brawls. Or at least I will when the next update from Bromm83 is posted that is. :)

Well tried it a couple of times and the brawl bug is still there, after a bit the NPC pulls out a weapon and just kills you.

Going to try a brawl fix and see if that fixes the problem and then try this again.

For people still having the infamous brawl bug... Me and some friends of mine have found some fixes for it.

Do you use Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay? Yes? Turn it into brawl mode before the brawl starts!

Do you use Sexlab Aroused? TURN OFF THE CLOAK EFFECT! This is the number one cause of this for me, you can turn the cloak back on to resume functionality when the brawl is over, the the 'cloak effect' in the MCM menu in Sexlab Aroused counts as casting a spell during a brawl, and must be shut off! Anything that has a 'cloak' effect must be disabled for a brawl to function.

The new version of Submit (20JAN2014 - 1740) should disable AUTOMATICALLY the cloak effect while a brawl starts.

There seems to be some confusion regarding cloak effects and the brawl bug in general.

• While I make much use of cloaks for many features in Submit, the issue in Submit regarding Brawls was *NOT* the 'Brawl Bug'.
  • What was causing Submit to conflict was a OnStartBleedout event, which conflicted with other mods using the same event.  This is *NOT* the Brawl Bug.
  • The only thing the latest version of Submit does is disable the code within the OnStartBleedout event from playing, turning it back on a few seconds after combat ends.
  • The 'Brawl Bug' is triggered because your opponent registers an illegal OnHit() event during the fight.
  • This most commonly happens due to a cloak effect being active during the fight, such as wearing the Ebony Mail artifact.
  • It technically isn't the cloak that causes the issue, it is the spell attached to the cloak that triggers the Brawl bug.
  • The easiest way to avoid this is the mod author simply needs to check the "No Hit Event" option on the magic effect for the spell that gets attached to the cloak.
  • I check this option for all of Submit's custom spells pretty much out of habit at this point.

http://www.creationkit.com/Dynamically_Attaching_Scripts

Scroll down a little past halfway to the section titled 'Brawl Bug' for more information regarding cloaks and the bug.

And new fix up!

Sadly same problems exist.

if you win you can rape the loser but you are still out your 100 gold as if you had lost. You don't get his 100 gp either just out the 100 gold.

If you lose you just lose the gold and no rape, he just walks away.

Just so you all know:

I am going on a little trip soon. This means that there will be no development on this mod until middle of february at the earliest. 

If anyone wants to have a look at the problems so far, you should feel free to do so!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I tested with a mod that allows u to brawl anyone (cannot remember the name, deleted after testing with this), I got into infinite rape after losing because to end the brawl I must initiate a dialog with my opponent but the bleedout/rape triggered as soon as I approach the other actor so I can never end the quest.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have to ask if you can make this compatible with fighting words, which allows you to brawl with anyone.

I'll second that.  Also, getting raped for losing a brawl.

Edit: On second thought, I found that Defeat meshes with Fighting Words really well.  You can use FW to pick a fight, then use Defeat's functions to engage the opponent sexually.  Turning off crime flags and such while maxing the % chance of rape for defeat does the trick.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...