Jump to content

It is hard to admit, but I give up. I have literally no idea what do I do wrong, but I just can't run Skyrim with all Devious Devices mods running.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I realize that this topic most likely has already been discussed a gazillion times, but I'm just desperate. I have read through a lot of forums, guides, YouTube videos but still I'm unable to make my Skyrim look the way I want it to look like. So this is my last attempt to accomplish my goal.

 

All right, so now when we have found out that my arms are probably growing from the wrong place, or I have not enough brain cells just to mod a simple game answer to me a following question:

 

I want to play Skyrim (Default Skyrim, Special Edition, Anniversary edition. I do not care at all) with all, or as many as possible, Devious Devices related modes.

 

Now a bit more details. So I do know that SKSE is important and I will definitely install it.

Also, I am positive that I know, at least on a basic level, how to use Body Slide. Obviously, Body Slide and Outfit Studio would be installed as well.

I swear I will run FINS after each animation is installed.

There is also something else which I know is important but can not remember right now.

 

Anyway, what I want is to get an ultimate experience of bondage, bdsm, latex NSFW, ect. Skyrim. Because I have successfully installed Devious Devices, Laura's bondage Shop and Cursed loot. Everything was fine except some quests from Laura's shop were not working well, but it's fine. Then I have installed Elysium or something like that. I remember that there was a separate building and also probably some quests. So that mod was not working at all. Every time I was trying to enter that building, the game just crashed. I didn't have a chance to try this mod on, so I was not quite disappointed but after and I swear I did not install anything Cursed Loot just stopped working. It did not trigger any events at all. I was opening all chests, violating all corpse for loot but nothing.

 

But that's all right, OK. I was still able to add all the equipment buy add item menu. But I have completely lost my patient after I installed pony something. All clothes and equipment was just invisible. I did anything I could to fix it through Body Slide, but was not able to.

 

So if anyone will decide to spend even a second of your special time helping me with this, I would like to know:

 

Is there a complete a collection for all the modes related to my subject. Devious Devices.

Is there any instruction, but step by step, like for a little child to add them all without crushing.

 

If anyone wouldn't mind spending at least a second assisting me with this case, I will be so happy you can't even imagine. But if after reading this you decide I'm completely hopeless, please let me know. There's no need to be polite here.

Posted (edited)
Vor 1 Stunde sagte Dantecun:

Mir ist klar, dass dieses Thema wahrscheinlich schon tausendmal diskutiert wurde, aber ich bin einfach verzweifelt. Ich habe viele Foren, Anleitungen und YouTube-Videos durchgelesen, aber ich schaffe es immer noch nicht, mein Skyrim so aussehen zu lassen, wie ich es mir vorstelle. Dies ist also mein letzter Versuch, mein Ziel zu erreichen.

 

Also gut, nachdem wir nun herausgefunden haben, dass meine Arme wahrscheinlich an der falschen Stelle wachsen oder ich nicht genug Gehirnzellen habe, um ein einfaches Spiel zu modifizieren, beantworten Sie mir die folgende Frage:

 

Ich möchte Skyrim (Standard-Skyrim, Special Edition, Anniversary Edition. Das ist mir völlig egal) mit allen oder möglichst vielen Devious Devices-bezogenen Modi spielen.

 

Nun ein paar weitere Details. Ich weiß also, dass SKSE wichtig ist und werde es auf jeden Fall installieren.

Außerdem bin ich mir sicher, dass ich zumindest grundlegende Kenntnisse über die Verwendung von Body Slide habe. Natürlich sind Body Slide und Outfit Studio ebenfalls installiert.

Ich schwöre, ich werde FINS ausführen, nachdem jede Animation installiert wurde.

Es gibt noch etwas anderes, von dem ich weiß, dass es wichtig ist, an das ich mich aber im Moment nicht erinnern kann.

 

Wie dem auch sei, ich möchte das ultimative Bondage-, BDSM-, Latex-NSFW- usw. Skyrim-Erlebnis. Denn ich habe Devious Devices, Lauras Bondage-Shop und Cursed Loot erfolgreich installiert. Alles war in Ordnung, außer dass einige Quests in Lauras Shop nicht richtig funktionierten, aber es ist ok. Dann habe ich Elysium oder so etwas installiert. Ich erinnere mich, dass es da ein separates Gebäude gab und wahrscheinlich auch einige Quests. Also funktionierte dieser Mod überhaupt nicht. Jedes Mal, wenn ich versuchte, das Gebäude zu betreten, stürzte das Spiel einfach ab. Ich hatte keine Gelegenheit, diesen Mod auszuprobieren, also war ich nicht wirklich enttäuscht, aber danach – und ich schwöre, ich habe nichts installiert – funktionierte Cursed Loot einfach nicht mehr. Es löste überhaupt keine Ereignisse aus. Ich öffnete alle Truhen, durchsuchte alle Leichen nach Beute, aber nichts.

 

Aber das ist schon okay. Ich konnte zwar noch die gesamte Ausrüstung hinzufügen, aber nachdem ich Pony Something installiert hatte, verlor ich völlig die Geduld. Alle Kleidungsstücke und Ausrüstungsgegenstände waren einfach unsichtbar. Ich habe alles versucht, um das Problem mit Body Slide zu beheben, aber es hat nicht geklappt.

 

Wenn sich also jemand entschließt, auch nur eine Sekunde seiner Zeit darauf zu verwenden, mir dabei zu helfen, würde ich gerne wissen:

 

Gibt es eine vollständige Sammlung aller Modi, die mit meinem Thema in Zusammenhang stehen? Hinterhältige Geräte.

Gibt es eine Anleitung, aber Schritt für Schritt, so dass ein kleines Kind sie alle hinzufügen kann, ohne sie zu zerdrücken?

 

Wenn es irgendjemandem etwas ausmacht, mir wenigstens eine Sekunde lang bei diesem Fall zu helfen, wäre ich unglaublich glücklich. Aber wenn Sie nach der Lektüre zu dem Schluss kommen, dass ich völlig hoffnungslos bin, lassen Sie es mich bitte wissen. Höflichkeit ist hier nicht nötig.

 

Dear thread starter,

 

This isn't your first day on the forum, so you should know that the forum is divided into different topic areas.

So why are you asking your question here and not in the Skyrim forum section?

 

Is there such a guide?

No - there isn't a mod collection either.

 

What's available -> Guides for installing a modern, modified Skyrim

And that includes the important basic mods - which are ultimately required for all modern quest mods or sex mods.

 

Hence this guide - which I use myself (as inspiration and reference):

 

Here's another guide for working with MO2... it basically describes the installation of all the important tools up to "sexlab" - from there, you can also set up your desired mods:

 

And when I read:

"All DD stuff is invisible despite using (creating) Bodyslide"

Well - that sounds like the problem -> output path not set correctly - a very common problem

-

Just start again thoroughly from scratch - basically a reinstall of Skyrim - I've linked two guides

:cool:

 

If you go to my profile, you'll see when I joined this forum.

I've had such frustrating moments over and over again over the years... the very first one was about two months after I registered -> because of invisible DD devices.

:blush:

 

Edit:

I just came across a bug fix post (invisible devices) on DD-NG (required in addition to DD if you're playing on the latest version of AE) – it should also help improve your understanding.

 

Edited by Miauzi
Posted
58 minutes ago, Dantecun said:

There's no need to be polite here.

As long as you are polite, everyone else should be, too.

 

As @Miauzi already said, get yourself a mod manager. (She's using MO2, I'm with Vortex, they both do the job)

The simple reason for that: when things go awry, you can uninstall that mod and revert to a running game. There are so many mods out there, I'm always trying new stuff, never had major problems in ~5k hours of playing.

 

When installing, start with the basics, get that running, and only add one mod a time. Open the game, see if it still runs, and only if it does, install the next.

 

1 hour ago, Dantecun said:

Then I have installed Elysium or something like that.

Well, you of all people should know what you've installed and where you got it from. 

I'm writing a diary with every mod I ever installed, have my own annotations what I liked and can retrace my steps for the last ten years.

 

1 hour ago, Dantecun said:

I want to play Skyrim (Default Skyrim, Special Edition, Anniversary edition. I do not care at all) with all, or as many as possible, Devious Devices related modes.

If you want working chains physics and the latest ZAP release, stick with LE, for everything else go to AE. If you don't already have an old SE rig up and running, no need to go back.

 

In case you are on AE, dump Cursed Loot and try Devious Curses NG.

Posted
16 hours ago, Dantecun said:

.

 

Cursed loot has a minimum level you can set where events are allowed to trigger. That's level 3 or so, iirc.

Cursed loot also does not trigger random events during a DCL quest. That is by design. You can see if you're in such a quest by looking at the debug section of DCL's MCM.

Usually for early game, you've activated Chloe's quest and you'll need to finish several chained together quest before you can get random traps from DCL again.

 

invisible devices is because the bodyslides weren't built (there's bodyslides that need to be built for DD, DD NG, *and* DCL) or your output path is wrong.

this is also true for other mods, not just DD mods. you need to read the mod page for each and every mod you install to find out if bodyslide needs to be run.

 

And yeah, like CaptainJ, I've moved from DCL to Devious Curses, as it's more modern and has less feature bloat.

You should also be using DD NG if you're on SE or AE. It fixes many things that I could not do in the conversion from LE to SE.

 

For help with modifying Elysium, you'd have better luck with the list author's discord. There's a link in wabbajack to get you there.

 

A final piece of advise. Don't just dump everything into your mod manager at once and expect it all to work.

Add mods one or two at a time, and make sure they're working before you add more.

Once you're done adding everything in, start a new game from scratch by pressing 'new game' in the menu for your actual playthrough.

Posted
29 minutes ago, zarantha said:

A final piece of advise. Don't just dump everything into your mod manager at once and expect it all to work.

Add mods one or two at a time, and make sure they're working before you add more.

This. 👍

 

Make sure you have a stable vanilla game before throwing in mods.

Get your game looking how you want it (NPCs, overhauls, etc.) before throwing in the Devious mods.

Add the Devious mods one at a time and play with them so you have at least some idea of what they do. This will make trouble-shooting a bit easier.

Posted

 Well, unfortunately, there is no simple solution. There are mod lists, wabbajack and so on, but those get no support. Only their author knows whats inside, asking forum for help with those is pointless. Futher, you need a mod manager, it isnt optional. Not for anything large, and you want alot. Do yourself a favour and get MO2. There are other mod managers, but this is by far the best one. It isnt all user friendly, but worth the hassle. 

 Same goes for DD framework - it is not a simple mod, it comes with alot of requirements. You need them all. Its normal for complex mods to have like 10-12 other mods required. And those will have their own requirements. You need every single one of those. Ditch FNIS and get yourself Pandora, by now its just superior in every way. My build has 331 mods listed as core, meaning they are all SKSE plugins, fixes or frameworks that dont do anything by themselves, instead fascilitating other mods functionality. Just for pespective of what youre getting into. Even a modest build will probably have over fifty. 

 Follow a guide, thoroughly. get yourself a working, stable game you'd actually want to play, then return to LL. Local mods arent easy to use, and they are a poor starting point for a build.

 Lastly - dont try and get all DD stuff in simultaniously. DD is a complex framework, alot of compability issues even within mods explicitly supporting it. Add those one by one, starting with ones you percieve as priority.

 Truth is - it will take time. Alot. And if you dont like tinkering with it, you probably better off saving yourself the time and nerves, because there will be ALOT of that. Not to discourage you, there is nothing wrong with picking up someones mod list or wabbajack and just rolling with it. But if you want a game tailored to your taste - there is no easy way. And no shortcuts.

Posted (edited)
On 9/1/2025 at 7:15 AM, Dantecun said:

I swear I will run FINS after each animation is installed.

Use this instead:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/133232?tab=description
or https://github.com/Monitor221hz/Pandora-Behaviour-Engine-Plus

 

On 9/1/2025 at 7:15 AM, Dantecun said:

All clothes and equipment was just invisible

When you install clothing or armor mods for body types like CBBE/3ba or BHUNP, they require you to build the meshes fitting to your body AND your body in Bodyslide. If you did it wrong, it is most likely the cause for invisible armor/clothing. Almost certainly the culpript. Make sure you dont have different Bodytypes, either CBBE/3ba or BHUNP.

 

On 9/1/2025 at 7:15 AM, Dantecun said:

I am positive that I know, at least on a basic level, how to use Body Slide.

Thats great! Tho, as mentioned before, it seems like you missed something. 

 

When it comes to modlists, whether from Nexus or Wabbajack, I strongly recommend not using them as a beginner, especially when you install more mods on top of it. I know it’s tempting, but if you don’t understand what mods are included, how they work, or what they do, troubleshooting becomes overwhelming once something breaks.

Instead, I highly recommend installing one mod at a time. Test each mod, see how it behaves, and check for compatibility issues. It’s a learning process that can take month or even years if unfamiliar with the nature of IT, and there’s no shortcut, but doing it this way helps you understand what’s happening, what each mod does, and how to manage them properly.

There are also several crash loggers and helpful tools that can interpret those logs. With them, even a casual player can understand the cause of a crash, even tho, dont rely 100% on them because there are quite some false positives. But usually gives you an idea, especially when you are able to recreate a crash consistently. (Consistent CTD's, like you describe, are good for troubleshooting. Random CTD's "out of nowhere" are much harder to nail down.)

 

Edited by notarobot007

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...