Guest HeavyArmorAssassin

Having an issue with the MCM menu. It is 'registered' but no pages come up for it. I go into Slvaetats and it is an empty menu.

Try reinstalling JContainers, worked for me.

I have all the required mods for slave tattoo's and the mod itself but  when I go into mcm to put on the tattoo's none show up and I also have the extra packs can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or missing okay I have slavetats working in mcm but when I go to put on the tattoo's in the menu none show up like I don't have a pack but I do have a couple packs on it but none show up anyone know how to fix this ?

Hello,

I got a heads up awhile ago from a member who made a tat set from the SL Sperm textures.

I finally got around to making my own set. Nothing new really, but it has a custom facial texture.

If you like I can post.

Thanks.

I think there are several folks around here who'd like to have that pack.

Would you like to add this to your downloads?

It's added. Thank you :)

This is odd.

I don't see it in the DL's yet. I waited an hour.

Could it be syncing this long (does LL sync like the Nexus)?

Just curious.

Okay, mind giving me a helpfull hand?

Body tattos are blocked becouse it says its used by some "external" mod. So I can't pick anything. Yes I do used RM before but now I moved my character to the ECE, I think I've forget to remove some overlays before I've switched completely to the ECE and now they are blocking SlaveTats tattoos from selecting them.

So my question is? How do I fix it, probably some armor slot is taken? Is there any way to "refresh" these slots?

Thank you for any help.

Would you like to add this to your downloads?

It's added. Thank you :)

This is odd.

I don't see it in the DL's yet. I waited an hour.

Could it be syncing this long (does LL sync like the Nexus)?

Just curious.

Oddly, it appeared in the admin file list, but not in the download list. I've re-uploaded it, and it seems okay now.

Okay, mind giving me a helpfull hand?

Body tattos are blocked becouse it says its used by some "external" mod. So I can't pick anything. Yes I do used RM before but now I moved my character to the ECE, I think I've forget to remove some overlays before I've switched completely to the ECE and now they are blocking SlaveTats tattoos from selecting them.

So my question is? How do I fix it, probably some armor slot is taken? Is there any way to "refresh" these slots?

Thank you for any help.

Not an armor slot, but yeah, there are a limited number of overlays possible, and it sounds like you've got them filled via RaceMenu.

Probably you need to temporarily switch back to RaceMenu, remove them, then return to ECE.

Don't forget to install NiOverride, if you haven't already.

I have the most recent jcontainers, skyui, skse and slavetats 1.05.   when I install slave tats I go to a new cell so mcm updates, then go to a different cell again before I try to place any tattoos on my characters followers.   When I open MCM and choose slavetats then set up only my character shows up on the set up menu, no followers even though at least three are close by.  

I have uninstalled / reinstalled slavetats, skyui, jcontainers and skse multiple times and come up with the same thing.

I also have KJ tattoo overlayplugin for racemenu. even when I uninstalled that slavetats did not work for followers, but I can tattoo my character.

With KJ installed I have "external" in most tattoo slots.

I also have racemenu  2.9.6

Edit - Ok I figured it out - I think.

When Jcontainers is uninstalled it leaves a few files. They are in scripts and skse/plugins. They have to be manually deleted.  I did this, then ran skyrim and saved and closed it.   Then went to NMM and reinstalled Jcontainers with NMM from the 7zip file.  Then reinstalled slavetats and it seems to be seeing the npcs now.

I have the most recent jcontainers, skyui, skse and slavetats 1.05.   when I install slave tats I go to a new cell so mcm updates, then go to a different cell again before I try to place any tattoos on my characters followers.   When I open MCM and choose slavetats then set up only my character shows up on the set up menu, no followers even though at least three are close by.  

I have uninstalled / reinstalled slavetats, skyui, jcontainers and skse multiple times and come up with the same thing.

I also have KJ tattoo overlayplugin for racemenu. even when I uninstalled that slavetats did not work for followers, but I can tattoo my character.

With KJ installed I have "external" in most tattoo slots.

I also have racemenu  2.9.6

Hmm. The Skyrim engine doesn't actually let me query it for all the characters within a certain distance of the player character, so what SlaveTats does is repeatedly ask it for random nearby characters and build a list of the results. It's possible for that process to miss a character, but it would be surprising to have it happen consistently.

It's possible you and I have a different idea about what "close" means?

Otherwise, and most likely, you should look at your load order (run LOOT), and make sure SKSE is actually loading (you should see a version number on the loading screen).

SKSE  (latest version) is running, slave tats is last plugin in order.

The setup screen under MCM was only showing my character even when a follower was right next to him.  I fixed it by completely removing all traces of JContainers.    Had some .dll files in the SKSE folder left after NMM  said Jcontainers was uninstalled .

Slavetats is working, for the most part.   Some NPCs reset after loadscreen, some do not.  Trying to figure out the differences in bodytypes used etc on the ones that hold the tattoos.

I am mostly using this on my own custom made followers (my own mod using UNP Dimonized body types) and Underground Bath House  NPCs (by Andragon).

Tattoos all reset on my custom npcs. Some of Andragon's NPCs actually hold them over cell changes / reloads.    Also , tats put on any NPC slave made with PAH also lose the overlay / decals on reload / cell change.

Thanks for the mod and the help.

SKSE  (latest version) is running, slave tats is last plugin in order.

The setup screen under MCM was only showing my character even when a follower was right next to him.  I fixed it by completely removing all traces of JContainers.    Had some .dll files in the SKSE folder left after NMM  said Jcontainers was uninstalled .

Slavetats is working, for the most part.   Some NPCs reset after loadscreen, some do not.  Trying to figure out the differences in bodytypes used etc on the ones that hold the tattoos.

I am mostly using this on my own custom made followers (my own mod using UNP Dimonized body types) and Underground Bath House  NPCs (by Andragon).

Tattoos all reset on my custom npcs. Some of Andragon's NPCs actually hold them over cell changes / reloads.    Also , tats put on any NPC slave made with PAH also lose the overlay / decals on reload / cell change.

Thanks for the mod and the help.

All right, SlaveTats does not work at all without JContainers. That means you still have it installed, which means you most likely always had multiple versions of it installed, which explains your troubles.

I really wish people would stop bundling JContainers with their mods. It makes everything harder when people do that.

Guest Long John

@murfk - Is it possible for the API available for use with the modification, please be given the ability to handle "Papyrus util" for versions 2.0 or higher events? The reason being many authors aren't too keen on JContainers (after bad experiences in the past). In particular bad experiences of an update to JContainers breaking their modifications (without a regard for the consequences). So if "json" based events are driven by JContainers not many mod authors will use it.

Most modifications on this site as a result use Papyrus util for events and/or scripting. So if the the modification could be updated to have a hybrid (or dual) api which can handle both types of events, it would be much appreciated.

If this is done there is a better chance of more modifications being able to use this to apply tatoos to the player or followers etc.

@murfk - Is it possible for the API available for use with the modification, please be given the ability to handle "Papyrus util" for versions 2.0 or higher events? The reason being many authors aren't too keen on JContainers (after bad experiences in the past). In particular bad experiences of an update to JContainers breaking their modifications (without a regard for the consequences). So if "json" based events are driven by JContainers not many mod authors will use it.

Most modifications on this site as a result use Papyrus util for events and/or scripting. So if the the modification could be updated to have a hybrid (or dual) api which can handle both types of events, it would be much appreciated.

If this is done there is a better chance of more modifications being able to use this to apply tatoos to the player or followers etc.

Actually the cause of bad experiences was that some mod authors was not enough fast to just recompile their scripts, due to IRL/schedule/whatever. All 0.X versions were beta and while in beta things may change in an incompatible way.

And JC won't have much users not because of that 'bad experiences' - there are very and very low amount of programmers in this modding community, this is very clear to me now.

@murfk, and yes, the bundling is the most mad thing, maybe I should pack 40 MB video into the dll to let em reconsider their lust to bundle everything, lol

@murfk, had a thoughts about utilizing expired's UIExtensions or UILib to select tats not via MCM, but in more 'ingame' way?

I've thought about it, but I don't feel any real urgency in that direction. Maybe once the documentation is better...

I'm trying to understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying that Slavetats should move over to PapyrusUtil because PU is better than JC?

Who are these authors you speak of when you say: "many authors aren't too keen on JContainers" ?

I can speak as another mod author: JContainers is awesome. It provides features and power that is not available anywhere else. And it is being continually updated by a strong developer who has a clear vision of capabilities (e.g. LuaJit) to be included in the future. As far as I can tell PU is on life support and only offers a subset of the features of JContainers.

I've been looking for a mod like this for a very long time. I love it my companions never looked better :D. I'm having a few problems with some of the tattoos though. Some of the tattoos don't display on the character (it says in the mcm menu that they are on the actor but dont actually show up in game) and none of the rutah tattoos work (they disappear from the tattoo section and arent applied in game). Its probably something I did wrong but I would love to be able to use them.

I'm using the latest versions of SlaveTats and all required mods. I've installed all the tattoo packs into the correct place. I use a custom bodyslide body.

The only thing that might be a problem is I've overwritten scripts from racemenu with ones from xp32 maximum skeleton extended but I don't see how that would make some tattoos work and some not work.

Is there a way to increase the number of overlays possible? If you increase the available number of overlays for racemenu the ones in slavetats are still limited to the original value

This is had to be the engine limitation. And you always can combine tats in Gimp

@murfk, @gooser thanks, guys