[WIP] Skyrim Discworld, ALPHA TRAILER, 9/15/14

DDproductions83

I was privileged with doing the texture's on the sword Kring.

here are some ingame pic's.

29ztnok.jpg

1zwyecj.jpg

It not perfect and I am my own worst critic. I have not done specific effects like Ambient Occlusion or Scratches and Scrapes yet or any Anti-aliasing. For alpha stage textures I think they look pretty good imo, what do you all think?

Edit: Source Image

2uzqogx.png

Well so..

I made my first weapon EVAR! And I decided to do Orcrist, tons of thanks to vicarious, watching him on some of them taught me all sorts of shit about this so giggidy

Not the best sword in the world but its good enough for our LOTR style quest AMG!

And look at ostannas gear WTF!!!

Guest Ragna_Rok

not to cut your flow, dude... but ... that orcrist wasnt done by you ... i run about 3 orcrists in my own game, and i know yours ;)

? No you don't as it was 100% done by me fricking vicarious watched me do that hack job on skype roflmao, all I did was text it with original orcrist parts from the movie, the mesh looks like a 8 year old did it

So ya... 

Let's just get something out there

I don't need to steal anything from anyone and claim credit as I am fully capable of doing almost everything myself, and since I'm say giving credit to like 47+ people so far on the mod why the fuck would I steal something and not just get the guys model and give him credit...

Edit: BTW welcome to doing what ppl on the nexus do everyday, cause I know that one stings but that just pissed me off bro

It's also called mark 8 cause I shot myself 7 times while learning to even make something

OrcristMark8.7z

And by all means have the terribad texture map where I basically took orcrist and planted it over the sword because I didnt know how to unwrap the UV and move parts at that time

Orcrist.dds

Way to derail how awesome I was feeling over the music with idiocy, maybe you should go on nexus a bit and post there, that post def fits in pretty good huh

So I got bored again and was playing with retexturing a armor I got perm to use (Hear that guy whose not the mod police who has evidence otherwise but wont show it)

So weeee this will make weapons and statics more fun to make in the future now that I got down glow maps and opacity BS and the like :P

I'm glad the mod has progressed so far already, and it seems like you enjoyed working on it. Really loving that it doesn't seem so 'flat' like Falskaar. However, I think the overall world-space needs a'little bit more foliage. If possible, add more trees. Areas that have them seem like they'd look better if they were a bit more dense, whatever you showed in the video is pretty good, but looks somewhat artificial.

The ''grassy' areas in particular as everything is just smooth, in a odd way. Things like rocks, ferns, more trees, and fallen ones would make areas like the one shown in 24:30-25:00 more natural looking.

In any-case, it looks like you've put a'lot of effort in already and everything looks promising, i'm hoping this comes out soon.

Thank you for working on such a wondrous thing.

-Arcturus Fyr

Archived