[WIP] Alternative Riding Styles [Developement/Idea thread]

fingerscrossed

Edit(1/2/2015): See Posts at end for update on the mod.

Edit(9/21/2015): See Posts at the end for updates on the Mod.

Edit(1/17/2016): This mod has an official release in the downloads section.  Please go there for the latest version of the mod, but if you have ideas for the mod this is still a good place to post them.

~~~

After a long time of lurking in the LL forums, I've decided to post up a WIP for a mod that I am hoping to finish and put up here.  At this stage in time, there is no download as the mod is still in the early stages.  This mod contains bestiality so if that isn't your thing, go elsewhere.

A lot of the inspiration for this mod came from Zaz Chris' "Horse Rides You" Oblivion mod, so as you may be able to guess the mod involves being ridden by a horse.  So far, I have a basic animation for riding face up (Screenshots below). 

Also featured below in screenshots, and something that was not in the Zaz mod, is another part of the mod I am working on: to allow a wider range of rideable creatures.  Giants are first on my list for this, and I haven't given any thought to a second yet as I have been trying to get the Horse and Giant animations to look fine.  This is the first time I have used animation software so I am still learning.

Currently, there are two big things missing.  The first part I am missing are the armor/clothing/binding that should be worn when the player/actor is being ridden.  This is why the rider currently looks like they are suspended in midair.  I haven't had any luck making anything that translated well into the game for this, and if anyone is interested to help with this it would be appreciated.

The second is a way for the game to be able to differentiate whether the riding being done should be normal, or not.  For some rideable creatures (like giants) I may not worry about this, but I would like to make it so that not everyone is ridden around Tameriel by their horse.

As I mentioned earlier, this is my first real mod and my first shot at animating, so if you have any advice please feel free to offer it.

Screen Shots:

post-99398-0-92227500-1388440903_thumb.jpg

post-99398-0-49043900-1388440914_thumb.jpg

post-99398-0-50324600-1388440921_thumb.jpg

post-99398-0-24165200-1388440929_thumb.jpg

To Do:

• Finish fixing animations for clipping, positioning, etc
  • Get/make .Nifs for the riding gear
  • Change animations from replacers to alternate animations that are used when they should be
  • Other various things that I haven't thought of yet

Definetely liking this idea! Especially the giant animation got me.

Do you consider adding any kind of restraints on the PC so that it looks like the giant captured her and tied her up in order to always have a carry-around plaything? That would be icing on the cake to be honest.

the problem with this is the mounted combat, and how it would work when "mounted"

and the giant stuff looks nice, maybe people can make living armor out of it, like a giant captures someone and wears it as armor, probaly it's not possible but would be awesome

btw, i really hope to see this mod on skyrim, Horse Rides You was one of the main reasons i got oblivion, and i think you should consider talk to Mastercrhis, he posted on his ZAZ animation topic a long time ago his skyrim version of the mod, maybe you guys can help each other

Definetely liking this idea! Especially the giant animation got me.

Do you consider adding any kind of restraints on the PC so that it looks like the giant captured her and tied her up in order to always have a carry-around plaything? That would be icing on the cake to be honest.

Yes, I am planning to add restraints to the PC for both of them.  I'm new to this, though, so actually making the restraints is proving a challenge.

the problem with this is the mounted combat, and how it would work when "mounted"

and the giant stuff looks nice, maybe people can make living armor out of it, like a giant captures someone and wears it as armor, probaly it's not possible but would be awesome

btw, i really hope to see this mod on skyrim, Horse Rides You was one of the main reasons i got oblivion, and i think you should consider talk to Mastercrhis, he posted on his ZAZ animation topic a long time ago his skyrim version of the mod, maybe you guys can help each other

I hadn't considered much about the mounted combat aspect, but my initial thoughts were that combat would be disabled.  Thinking about it, though, for certain creatures (like the giants) I believe it can be set up so that the giant itself can attack in place of the player.  I'd have to look into that and it isn't very high on my list at the moment.  Also, with the way I have it implemented it might not be too hard to have a living armor type concept, but once again that would be a ways down on my list of planned implementations.  I will probably send Masterchris a message once I get stuck (though hopefully I won't), but I figured I would try and get done what I could myself first.

The more mods/mod requests I see come out on these boards that say, "Based on X mod from Oblivion" the more I begin to realize how badly I missed out by not knowing of Lovers Lab when I played Oblivion.

Edit: To contribute:

post-36340-0-97558600-1388215653.jpg

those wacky japanese modders really produced a lot of good stuff for oblivion with lovers, i expect in the next few years we will get even more impressive skyrim stuff consider how more advanced the game is than oblivion

very nice mod but i was hoping for a sidesaddle sitting mod lol, i guess this mod counts as "riding" though it looks a bit painful.

The more mods/mod requests I see come out on these boards that say, "Based on X mod from Oblivion" the more I begin to realize how badly I missed out by not knowing of Lovers Lab when I played Oblivion.

Edit: To contribute:

post-36340-0-97558600-1388215653.jpg

I second this! But the whole idea in general is something I've always been looking for (in both oblivion and skyrim), just too shy of animating to actually have a go. The general idea's I had were inspired by zaz's horse animations, the image above and also the attached image. The concept of 'bound riding' is very cool (y).

With the creation of such animations there is potential for their use with ai packages in other mods. For example, rather than riding, you're more or less helpless as you're 'attached' to an npc. Or worn by your captor as a trophy etc. Just ideas for future possibilities that may or may not be within the scope of this mod ^_^.

post-36340-0-24294400-1388476154_thumb.jpg

I've spent some time the last few days working on meshes.  After looking through and watching some tutorials, as well as spending a bit of time working on some attempted meshes, I've got something in game resembling a rough idea of what I was thinking for the giant.  The idea I was starting with was that the giant would have the riders arms tied behind their back using rope, and the same rope would have hanging around the giants neck.  While not shown, I am thinking the rider's legs should also probably have some rope tying them together at the ankles.

post-99398-0-39915900-1388648637_thumb.jpg

post-99398-0-18259200-1388648645_thumb.jpg

You can see in the pictures, but I'm still trying to get all of the vertexes of the rope to align and move properly on the giant.  The rope is also currently a part of the giant model, and I'm back and forth on whether it would be better to have it as a part of the player model.  The problem with both of those is just getting the model to line up on both the rider and the giant.  If there were a way to have an equip be weighted to two different models that would make this a lot easier.

I will probably try and fix the messed up vertex's on the giants rope and then work on the equip for the horse next.  Let me know if you have any thoughts on it so far (other than that it was made by a noob and it's bad).

First, your doing great! I can't wait for this mod to be released. There is nothing else like it for Skyrim. And the vanilla system for mounts are pretty pointless IMO. So any mod that can improve it (even if its just cosmetic) is a big plus in my book.

As for ideas, and the rope thingy...Maybe just have the giant and player tied around the waist? Like a belt maybe? IDK. And I personally would rather see my characters arms and legs flailing about than bound. IDK if ragdoll effects can be applied to the PC and maybe the player can take control of the beast/animal/creature.

It would be cool if you are able to ride the horse while your follower is in that pose have her get on through dialog or something.

I think this is possible, but it would be implementing it through scripting and creation kit information.  I haven't looked much into it at the moment but it looks like a lot of the information relating to riding a creature is stored in Actor Types, so there might be information there on having the ability to change how many people can't be riding on a creature.  I haven't looked into this and it isn't too high on my list at the moment.

I'm quite interested. I guess a mod that allow riding other creatures than horses would be needed (for the giants part). I think I've found some in the past but never payed attention, you will put something in required mods when you release it?

For riding other creatures, I didn't use another mod.  I just turned the giant into a rideable creature myself, so there isn't another required mod.  There aren't any standard riding animations for the giant, though (like sitting on it's shoulder or something like that).

It would be cool if you are able to ride the horse while your follower is in that pose have her get on through dialog or something.

I think this is possible, but it would be implementing it through scripting and creation kit information.  I haven't looked much into it at the moment but it looks like a lot of the information relating to riding a creature is stored in Actor Types, so there might be information there on having the ability to change how many people can't be riding on a creature.  I haven't looked into this and it isn't too high on my list at the moment.

I'm quite interested. I guess a mod that allow riding other creatures than horses would be needed (for the giants part). I think I've found some in the past but never payed attention, you will put something in required mods when you release it?

For riding other creatures, I didn't use another mod.  I just turned the giant into a rideable creature myself, so there isn't another required mod.  There aren't any standard riding animations for the giant, though (like sitting on it's shoulder or something like that).

Would be cool has some dialogs with the gianst (something promised by bethesda but never end ocurring) maybe a mini quest. Or something like that.

You know, riding on a giant's shoulder sounds pretty neat too. Is there any chance we could get adult and non-adult riding styles for alternate creatures like giants? Perhaps one could befriend the giants to gain access to the the non-adults ones as well after being captured by them, for example. Some sort of tie-in to Sanguine's Debauchery or such maybe? A quest chain to unlock them sounds hella good. Not to mention being able to shoot bows or launch spells from a giant's shoulder would be so sweeeet....

I don't care about other creatures, but god I love the horse one. Do want.

Combat could be done in two different ways, I guess. you could have the horse do its own attack, with the character still tied there, and some extra jiggle if possible, or the character could wave the sword to the sides. But I have no idea of how would this work with bows, so I suppose the best option would be to disable it, or to make the horse do the attacks.

Any ETA on the release? Maybe you could just pop the horse one for those who don't want to "mount" other guys (even though if I got the option I guess I'd enjoy it). I really hope this gets done.

[EDIT] Reading the OP, I noticed one of the issues mentioned, being that the animations weren't replacers so not everybody rode like that. Couldn't that be done like in Oblivion? Seeing the original thread I see that it worked by "equiping" the gear. Personally I'd rather have it so you use a shortcut and change the position, but I don't know how difficult would any of that be.

You know, riding on a giant's shoulder sounds pretty neat too. Is there any chance we could get adult and non-adult riding styles for alternate creatures like giants? Perhaps one could befriend the giants to gain access to the the non-adults ones as well after being captured by them, for example. Some sort of tie-in to Sanguine's Debauchery or such maybe? A quest chain to unlock them sounds hella good. Not to mention being able to shoot bows or launch spells from a giant's shoulder would be so sweeeet....

I thought about something like this.  It *might* be doable but it isn't something high on my priority list.  

I don't care about other creatures, but god I love the horse one. Do want.

Combat could be done in two different ways, I guess. you could have the horse do its own attack, with the character still tied there, and some extra jiggle if possible, or the character could wave the sword to the sides. But I have no idea of how would this work with bows, so I suppose the best option would be to disable it, or to make the horse do the attacks.

Any ETA on the release? Maybe you could just pop the horse one for those who don't want to "mount" other guys (even though if I got the option I guess I'd enjoy it). I really hope this gets done.

[EDIT] Reading the OP, I noticed one of the issues mentioned, being that the animations weren't replacers so not everybody rode like that. Couldn't that be done like in Oblivion? Seeing the original thread I see that it worked by "equiping" the gear. Personally I'd rather have it so you use a shortcut and change the position, but I don't know how difficult would any of that be.

One difference between what I am currently working on and the gear from Oblivion is that in the Oblivion mod the penis was not part of the horse, it was part of the gear.  With what I have been working on in Skyrim, the horse penis is part of the horse's .nif model, which means that the penis moves with the horse's movement, not with the players.  To compensate for this and reduce clipping issues it makes it necessary to have multiple animations depending on how the horse is moving or standing still, etc.  I'm hoping that if I dive some into the creation kit I can find a place to create a new horse riding package that will let me select a new set of animations to play, but I haven't seen anything like that yet, or really had much time to look into it.

As far as an ETA on the release goes, It's hard to say since I'm still figuring out a lot of things.  I would like to have a beta version for release by the end of next weekend so that I can get some feedback, but that just depends on how much time I have to work on it and how far I get.

One difference between what I am currently working on and the gear from Oblivion is that in the Oblivion mod the penis was not part of the horse, it was part of the gear.  With what I have been working on in Skyrim, the horse penis is part of the horse's .nif model, which means that the penis moves with the horse's movement, not with the players.  To compensate for this and reduce clipping issues it makes it necessary to have multiple animations depending on how the horse is moving or standing still, etc.  I'm hoping that if I dive some into the creation kit I can find a place to create a new horse riding package that will let me select a new set of animations to play, but I haven't seen anything like that yet, or really had much time to look into it.

As far as an ETA on the release goes, It's hard to say since I'm still figuring out a lot of things.  I would like to have a beta version for release by the end of next weekend so that I can get some feedback, but that just depends on how much time I have to work on it and how far I get.

Couldn't you do it like in Oblivion then?

I suppose that you have some work done already, so just a silly suggestion but I was thinking that in a similar fashion as Nude Creatures swap some animals' mesh to have junk, You could do the opposite. Swap the horse to a vanilla model, then make the penis part of the player (as a FNIS animObject or whatever equipment is required for it) so you don't need to work with the horse movement. Considering how huge those dicks are anyways, it seems almost impossible to me not to have any clipping.

As a side note, Oblivion's mod was cool, but there are two details I didn't like. First is that the player seemed very inmobile, she was just hanging there, I would expect a more aggresive animation where she'd be penetrated as the horse moves. Also, the harness was a bit too big, it looked like a truck, lol. I wouldn't mind that but maybe something more modest, like a reversed saddle with some straps.

And I'm happy to hear that you're talking about weeks and not months, lol. I will gladly test it.

Archived