Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 CBBE Conversions

Was just experimenting with bodyslide after finding an .obj file of oblivion manga body and came up with this basic conversion to skyrim.

Note: just the mesh and a low quality texture template, can get a higher resolution by following this guide.

Just so everyone knows I am no expert with any of this.

Edit: Just realized the .obj is from Body Modders Resource 1.0, so credit for the original goes to the respective author's.

Oblivion manga conversion.7z

i was thinking about that one for conversion : immersive armors : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19733/? its so omg ones , and really cool to wear at female chars.

That might be asking for a little too much.

yea already know its a task for a group of people and will takes forever, but at least if some ppl joint forces and do little by little like wip and post will be great, i was trying do some, i still suck doing conversions and my meshes goes all weird, im still trying doing that using bodyslide and 3ds max like training.

What the hell... the Rogue Bikini just does not want to cooperate. After solving that roadblock with the colons, I noticed that the body it's exporting when I create the outfit does not have the proper sizes... I use the same preset I applied to all my conversions, but it came out with a wider body with larger hips and breasts that causes neck gaps when worn. Curiouser still, I discovered I'd accidentally used a version with the NiSkinInstances still intact , which still worked in my game, so I tried remaking my conversion with the NiSkinInstances properly converted to the BSDismemberSkinInstances... only to find the outfit now doesn't show up in my game. I see it in Nifskope, but in the CK and in-game, I'm naked... and STILL have the wrong body!

What the hell... the Rogue Bikini just does not want to cooperate. After solving that roadblock with the colons, I noticed that the body it's exporting when I create the outfit does not have the proper sizes... I use the same preset I applied to all my conversions, but it came out with a wider body with larger hips and breasts that causes neck gaps when worn. Curiouser still, I discovered I'd accidentally used a version with the NiSkinInstances still intact , which still worked in my game, so I tried remaking my conversion with the NiSkinInstances properly converted to the BSDismemberSkinInstances... only to find the outfit now doesn't show up in my game. I see it in Nifskope, but in the CK and in-game, I'm naked... and STILL have the wrong body!

Check the textures, it could be the outfit is set to invisible because the new nif has messed up normals/textures under the BSlighting nodes.

(Compare the nodes values to the originals nifs)

I have no clue about the wrong body thing, the slider values transforms should be copied over just fine :(

Well, I found that the invisible armor was caused by converting the NiSkinInstances to BSDismemberSkinInstances only doing the job halfway - each of the new BSDismemberSkinInstances had no partitions set, so I had to give each of the shapes the SBP_32_BODY dismember part.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what's causing the wrong body size, though...

Well, I found that the invisible armor was caused by converting the NiSkinInstances to BSDismemberSkinInstances only doing the job halfway - each of the new BSDismemberSkinInstances had no partitions set, so I had to give each of the shapes the SBP_32_BODY dismember part.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what's causing the wrong body size, though...

Try pming Ousnius (nexus)/ Cell (here on LL) and/or Caliente :)

This sounds like a new enough 'problem' and maybe they can help you!

Something may have gone screwy with my Bodyslide installation or presets or something. I'm now noticing all of my recently exported armors have the wrong size and neck seams, while stuff I created before is fine. Weird.

The problem evidently doesn't lie in the preset, because re-exporting one of my working ones doesn't cause the issue. But everything I'm doing for these other items is the same as what I was doing before...

I've also noticed that something in the export process may be causing certain shapes to radiant white light under my ENB. The garter belt I tried to make before had problems with the small straps in front, but now my converted Black Rose armor has it all over the place wherever it has a belt. The original UNP version has no such weird glowing.

Like this, but like, tons more.

Screen_Shot519.jpg

I've also noticed that something in the export process may be causing certain shapes to radiant white light under my ENB. The garter belt I tried to make before had problems with the small straps in front, but now my converted Black Rose armor has it all over the place wherever it has a belt. The original UNP version has no such weird glowing.

Like this, but like, tons more.

Screen_Shot519.jpg

Image doesn't load for me, but from your description I think I know your problem, another user on the Unofficial tutorial thread posted how s/he fixed it:

Answer:

This might be due to the smooth seam normals option, please read the FAQ for details on how to disable this :)

Disabling smooth seam normals alone had no effect but disabling auto normals (under the edit menu) along side it fixed it right up. Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge btw; these guides have been a huge help. (Especially since I'm still too lazy to properly figure out blender export for Skyrim. The more I can jerry-rig just using nifskope and outfit studio the better!)

I need to make an FAQ about this it seems :D

You can see original post below, and if you scroll up see his pic of the problem and see if it matches yours (don't forget to like his fix if it helps you!)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25180-unofficial-bodyslide-2outfit-studio-tutorials/?p=722223

That does indeed look like my problem. I'm going to have to give that a try later, thanks!

Currently wracking my brain trying to figure out this neck seam problem, though... I just re-exported my Nocturnal's Robe and Nia's Dress conversions and found them to work without a hitch. But no matter how many times I try to export the TERA Berserker armor, Black Rose, and this danged bikini, the body is still wrong and the neck seam remains. Criminy.

Hmm, disabling Smooth Seam Normals and Auto Normals didn't fix it on the Black Rose. Am I supposed to remake the conversion from scratch with these disabled in order for it to work?

I don't get it. I just don't flippin' get it. The bodies exported are identical to my normal bodies. I even created a project with the bikini and my current character bodies and they match in Outfit Studio. But they just don't fit right! The neck seams are even getting BIGGER now!

Okay, so... what the balls? I've been tackling this problem thinking something's just gone terribly wrong with my files and any conversions I try to make are now doomed to have neck seams, but, I just tried converting a different piece from scratch and... no neck seam. No misshaped body. Is it... is it the armor that's the problem? Are some nifs just somehow cursed with neck seams because of a setting or quality somewhere?

At this point, the only thing left I can think of to troubleshoot this is to ask someone to create one of my problem pieces themselves and upload the file to see if it always happens even if the user's other conversions come out fine. So could someone try to make a CBBE Advanced TBBP conversion of either the Rogue Bikini I attached to a post on the previous page, or the TERA Berserker armor I'm attaching here, and upload it so I can test it? (It's the one from the CBBE Tera Armor Collection, and is probably the easier one to try - the _1 nif barely needs any editing to conform to the Advanced Body)

berserker.zip

Okay, so... what the balls? I've been tackling this problem thinking something's just gone terribly wrong with my files and any conversions I try to make are now doomed to have neck seams, but, I just tried converting a different piece from scratch and... no neck seam. No misshaped body. Is it... is it the armor that's the problem? Are some nifs just somehow cursed with neck seams because of a setting or quality somewhere?

At this point, the only thing left I can think of to troubleshoot this is to ask someone to create one of my problem pieces themselves and upload the file to see if it always happens even if the user's other conversions come out fine. So could someone try to make a CBBE Advanced TBBP conversion of either the Rogue Bikini I attached to a post on the previous page, or the TERA Berserker armor I'm attaching here, and upload it so I can test it? (It's the one from the CBBE Tera Armor Collection, and is probably the easier one to try - the _1 nif barely needs any editing to conform to the Advanced Body)

attachicon.gifberserker.zip

I feel like that armour was already converted to BodySlide, not 100% sure, but maybe check this thread's download?:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22544-tera-armor-cbbe-bodyslide-addon-with-bbpnobbp-uploaded/

Found a file on nexus that contains high poly versions of unp, dimonized unp , cbbe and default body (male & female). They are in obj and blend format, might make for better conversions for those that dislike the lower poly meshes most use just have to convert to nif.

Skyrim Body Kit

Don't want to burst your bubble, but the the increased poly count invalidates it's use for Bodyslide, unless someone makes morphs for them.

Also, using such a high poly count body will certainly help precision wise for armor conversions, but the already existing body morphs have a pretty high precision rate themselves.

As well as, the body morphs precision is only 1 part of the equation, it depends on the actual armors poly count as well. If the armors got a low poly count, it won't matter how high poly your body is, the armors gonna get stretched if the bodies shape is too different from the original.

The problem with that set is, as a CB++ set I'd have to reconvert it to make them work with the sliders and with TBBP Advanced, wouldn't I? Which can't hurt to try on the off chance it somehow works, but if it doesn't work it wouldn't let me test if my hypothesis is correct if I have to export it myself again.

The problem with that set is, as a CB++ set I'd have to reconvert it to make them work with the sliders and with TBBP Advanced, wouldn't I? Which can't hurt to try on the off chance it somehow works, but if it doesn't work it wouldn't let me test if my hypothesis is correct if I have to export it myself again.

Not sure about what your hypothesis is (sorry didn't read your last post fully.)

As for CB++ -> CBadvanced, their is no difference, no new sliders were added (I'm fairly certain).

Caliente just renamed the slidersets from what stuffed_bunny called it (I believe CB++ was a play off programmer speak, like how C++ is C+1...)

Slider names still are the same, and if you want compatibility you just need to add the CBadvanced title into the slidergroups.xml for that tera pack.

As for TBBP vs. BBP, that only matters if you use Animation based breast physics, If you use HDT it doesn't matter :D, As long as their is a breast paint it should be good, though I am unsure of how the breast paints stack up on TBBP vs. BBP, in which case you just might need to edit the current existing breast paint (weight copying the nifs in the shape data folder should do it).

That does indeed look like my problem. I'm going to have to give that a try later, thanks!

Currently wracking my brain trying to figure out this neck seam problem, though... I just re-exported my Nocturnal's Robe and Nia's Dress conversions and found them to work without a hitch. But no matter how many times I try to export the TERA Berserker armor, Black Rose, and this danged bikini, the body is still wrong and the neck seam remains. Criminy.

Hmm, disabling Smooth Seam Normals and Auto Normals didn't fix it on the Black Rose. Am I supposed to remake the conversion from scratch with these disabled in order for it to work?

I don't get it. I just don't flippin' get it. The bodies exported are identical to my normal bodies. I even created a project with the bikini and my current character bodies and they match in Outfit Studio. But they just don't fit right! The neck seams are even getting BIGGER now!

It sounds like you are indeed having a similar problem to mine. How I specifically had to go about fixing it was to start with a fresh nif that didn't have the problems and keep auto normals and smooth normals disabled throughout the entire process. Auto normals isn't much of a problem as it only resets when you restart outfit studio but smooth seam normals will reset every time you load a new reference/outfit which means you need to make sure you disable it for instance between converting low-weight and high-weight versions of the outfit. This caught me a few times until I realized it.

A good way to test the fix is to import a working mesh, disable the two normal options and then export it again right away to see if the problem still crops up, this way no time is wasted making changes that you may need to revert anyway.

Not sure about what your hypothesis is (sorry didn't read your last post fully.)

As for CB++ -> CBadvanced, their is no difference, no new sliders were added (I'm fairly certain).

Caliente just renamed the slidersets from what stuffed_bunny called it (I believe CB++ was a play off programmer speak, like how C++ is C+1...)

Slider names still are the same, and if you want compatibility you just need to add the CBadvanced title into the slidergroups.xml for that tera pack.

As for TBBP vs. BBP, that only matters if you use Animation based breast physics, If you use HDT it doesn't matter :D, As long as their is a breast paint it should be good, though I am unsure of how the breast paints stack up on TBBP vs. BBP, in which case you just might need to edit the current existing breast paint (weight copying the nifs in the shape data folder should do it).

The idea was that, since using the same steps I get some armors with neck seams and some without, rather than the problem being specific to me, it may just be that certain nifs just do not play nice with the export process somehow and will have a neck seam even if someone else tries to make their own conversion. I just tried to mess with the armor included in that CB++ pack and convert it to TBBP, and the result had a neck seam - but that doesn't tell me if it's because of something I'm doing or if it's the nif's problem. So I need someone else to make a conversion using one of the items giving me trouble, and if their conversion also has a neck seam, then I'll know my attempts to fix it are fruitless.

Even just making the CB++ set's slidergroups xml compatible with my presets and exporting the result causes a neck seam.

Ho-ho-hang on a second... is this the problem? This may be less baffling than previously thought... the problem that is, not the cause. I think the problem is that the low weight nifs aren't being exported or read properly. When I set weight to maximum, the seams disappear, and the armor's shape does not change as I move the weight slider around. But I don't see anything wrong in the _0 nif... what the fuck.

rage-mega-rage.jpg

This game... THIS GAME. All of this bullshit was a CK bug! There was never anything wrong with my files! I reselected the mesh in the Rogue Bikini's AA and poof, problems gone! Seams cured, weight morphing... what the hell, man.

rage-mega-rage.jpg

This game... THIS GAME. All of this bullshit was a CK bug! There was never anything wrong with my files! I reselected the mesh in the Rogue Bikini's AA and poof, problems gone! Seams cured, weight morphing... what the hell, man.

(OT) Here, have some of this:

post-85595-0-84844500-1395448329_thumb.jpg