Sanguine Debauchery enhanced: SD+ (January 2022)

I agree that the mechanics are backward. Originally, the player was forced to follow the master and the sense of helplessness was there, but also was the frustration of getting stuck against a rock or a one step stairs by the game’s faulty AI and pathing.

That’s why I switched to having the player be in charge... with constraints.

I am making progress towards that goal but I keep being distracted by various things. The latest being the fallout of upgrading to DDI 4.0.

Between version 3.6 and 3.6.1, you will see several important changes to improve gameplay:

- the daily status message and quest objectives are simplified

- changing cells will not cause undue punishments, so you will have a better range to find stuff for your master

- at the same time, it is now harder to escape since asking to be freed and asking for removal of devices require speechcraft checks

- punishment items come with their own expiration timer and will make sense (steal fm the master, get your hands bound)

- forced kneeling and crawling are gone, You decide how to stand and your master will reward or punish you accordingly

- the main quest with Sanguine is triggered by sleeping in places that make sense for the quest (no longer after the first enslavement) and its quest stages are much improved. Hopefully 3.7 will have a complete quest and story around that.

I am still working on extending the tasks system for the player. I have several dialogues and tasks in mind to make that more immersive and self guided. In particular, the various ‘hello’ comments from the master (about kneeling or asking money) will actually mean something.

8 hours ago, skyrimll said:

Without Death Alternative you have to use the surrender key to select a master, or use Defeat+Simple Slavery to have an effect comparable to DA.

That's exactly what I did- I used the surrender key to select a master. He comes over, he fucks my character, we get dressed again and go back to killing each other.  But if it's not entirely working, then I'll re-activacte Death Alternative then :smile:

44 minutes ago, caocaothedeciever said:

That's exactly what I did- I used the surrender key to select a master. He comes over, he fucks my character, we get dressed again and go back to killing each other.  But if it's not entirely working, then I'll re-activacte Death Alternative then :smile:

An error log would be helpful in the case.

Was it a vanilla NPC or something out of a mod?

First time using this mod, so I'm not quite sure what's going on. Every once in a while, I get a message saying "Your owner is too far to remove punishment" or something like that. Happens even when I'm standing right next to them. I assume this is the mod trying to release my shackles, but failing to do so because of some compatibility issue, correct?

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the requirements. I've been eying this mod for a year or so ... but never could bring myself to try to get through all the requirements (my problem, not a problem of the mod, I'm just a noob who has destroyed countless of Skyrim installations by not knowing what he's doing).

Couple of questions: I always thought that Tara's ZaZ 8.0 was fully compatible with Zaz 7.0 ... so why 7.0 (NOT! 8.0) as a requirement?

Death Alternative: listed as a "soft" requirement especially if one wants to use SexLab Defeat - but SL Defeat says it is incompatible with Death Alternative (more or less)?

Maybe I just didn't understand the requirements correctly? Sorry for those questions ... but I'm just installing a new Skyrim (new computer, old harddrive died) and I've already spent two days on Skyrim, I don't want to break anything again ...

13 hours ago, skyrimll said:

An error log would be helpful in the case.

Was it a vanilla NPC or something out of a mod?

Had the same thing with Bellamy from the Slave run mod after doing the quests in there and raising to lover with SLEN, would get the "okay you've talked me into it" dialogue and then sex but the actual enslavement wouldn't occur

3 hours ago, skyrimll said:

I don’t have Zaz 8.0 installed so I can’t comment on it yet.

Defeat is compatible with DA. I use them both and highly recommend it. I will try to revise my wording if it is not clear.

oh god PLEASE PLEASE...

I would love to see how others make them work...

Tried it and just... everything was broken

May I be so bold and ask what settings you are using in Defeat and Alternative? There are so many I feel I'm a bit in over my head.

If you give preference to Alternative, certain events start on death ... and if you give preference to Defeat, other events (like enslavement or sex) start?

I have not really a good idea what all the settings mean ... would you be willing to share your settings or explain a little bit?

Here is how I set up DA, Defeat and SD+ to work together.

Defeat

- I use all defaults except for the Player aggression key which I usually map to the mouse side button for convenience

DA

- First, after starting the mod I register the side quests manually 

- On the first screen, I set the 'high damage buffer' to %600 and the 'health trigger' to 15 (I will check the proper spelling later). This usually gives a chance to DA to trigger.

- On the Follower screen, I set the action on the follower to None instead of 'Kill essential follower'

- Finally I reduce the default values of Bleedout Blackout events for SD+ to allow for other scenarios (down between %15 to %30 for human, spriggan and creature enslavement)

SD+

- I leave all default values

That's it.

The only issue I get with Defeat/DA is that occasionally, the player ends up stuck at a 45 degree angle with the 'death' background noise and no action possible. I write that down as a glitch and reload. I am still looking for a way to fix that kind of situation with the 'Resist' option of the Surrender key but so far, nothing has worked.

(Edited)

38 minutes ago, skyrimll said:

Here is how I set up DA, Defeat and SD+ to work together.

Defeat

- I use all defaults except for the Player aggression key which I usually map to the mouse side button for convenience

DA

- First, after starting the mod I register the side quests manually 

- On the first screen, I set the 'high damage buffer' to %600 and the 'health trigger' to 15 (I will check the proper spelling later). This usually gives a chance to DA to trigger.

- On the Follower screen, I set the action on the follower to None instead of 'Kill essential follower'

- Finally I reduce the default values of Bleedout events for SD+ to allow for other scenarios (down between %15 to %30 for human, spriggan and creature enslavement)

SD+

- I leave all default values

That's it.

The only issue I get with Defeat/DA is that occasionally, the player ends up stuck at a 45 degree angle with the 'death' background noise and no action possible. I write that down as a glitch and reload. I am still looking for a way to fix that kind of situation with the 'Resist' option of the Surrender key but so far, nothing has worked.

You mean you reduce Blackout events for SD . On Bleedout, make sure Defeat is the only option checked.

Edit: also, make sure the DA setting in Defeat's MCM is set to 100%

Hi! When I get enslaved I don't get any clothes from my owner. Is this normal, am I supposed to be naked?

I looked through the item list and found them there so atleast they exist, I just don't get them.

Really could use some help with this, thanks!

6 minutes ago, caocaothedeciever said:

Nope. Even when trying it out with your layout, enslavement only results in my character getting fucked, and then immediately returning to her default state.  Would REALLY like to know what the problem is!

Can you provide an error log?

Actually .. I just took a quick look and it seems SD is just not initialized properly.

I am on my phone now so I don’t have the right links, but try going to the github wiki, and look at the first question of the FAQ for SD+ about how to install and launch it properly.

8 minutes ago, skyrimll said:

Actually .. I just took a quick look and it seems SD is just not initialized properly.

I am on my phone now so I don’t have the right links, but try going to the github wiki, and look at the first question of the FAQ for SD+ about how to install and launch it properly.

Aha, thank you.  I don't entirely see about how I installed it unproperly though o_o.  I just put it into Mod Organizer and did the usual like I have done the past few years xD.