Jump to content

req Wuthering waves


Recommended Posts

Posted
3 hours ago, mamahina said:

Wait, I’m scrolling past the post, so are the mods gonna be broken and useless? My Aemeth is still broken even after using the fix (about C# language).

We have no idea what the backend changes are gonna do, chances are everything will still be fine.

 

At a fundamental level, as long as XXMI can still dump models and WWMI can still override models, then mods can be fixed.

A lot of people said that Rover was basically dead with 3.5, myself included, but Moonholder still put in the effort to create a blend remap and materialmap generation tool that mostly fixed them. (To be clear I said Rover was "dead" because I didn't expect anyone to put in the effort to go through manual blend remapping, Moonholder proved me wrong.)

 

It's almost never a matter of whether or not mods can be fixed but rather how much effort will it take to fix and if there's anyone out there willing to put themselves through that thankless hell to do it.

Even if EVERY single character mod died via model changes, it's still "technically" possible to restore them, probably, it's just that the work required to do so would be UNBELIEVABLY large and fucking nobody would want to go through that.

 

But I doubt any of that really matters 'cus I doubt that anything is gonna change beyond hashes.

Posted
10 hours ago, Dxr4rk said:

I downloaded Alunoop's latest Hiyuki mod from GameBanana, and it looks like her eyelashes are purple How to fix it? :(

image.png

 

I fixed this type of issues by putting in the game options the LOD at ultra high quality, that kinda fixed the colors of every single one of my mods.

Posted
36 minutes ago, Frustrated_Mod_Man said:

So are mods fixed, or are people just posting pictures with the lod bias turned up?

It depends on the mods and if the author fixed it. In my  case I was lucky and had all my mods working with moonholder's fix.

Posted
11 hours ago, Noctis Montelli said:

 

I fixed this type of issues by putting in the game options the LOD at ultra high quality, that kinda fixed the colors of every single one of my mods.

em... I changed the LOD to Low and now fix it thx

Posted
3 hours ago, Dxr4rk said:

em... I changed the LOD to Low and now fix it thx

It depends on the mods, most of what I had were originally on lower quality, but with the recent update they broke and fixed only by using the fixer+LOD to ultra quality to fix all of them in one go. Guess it depends on the mod in question what might fix it :(

Posted

Is there any fix for npc distant i use the moonholder fix and set lod to ultra but the npc mod still force me to go really near them for the mod to take effect without the discord group i dont know if there any fix around ?

Posted

Trying to fix a Mornye mod.

 

3.png.99d9644a0c4664128519484e560d2809.png

 

TSR didn't seem to work on her. And what's special about this mod is her "clothes", aside from the colors extracted from a texture, they use almost the same material as her legs. Perhaps the two things are related.

 

She doesn't have many textures, so I laid out all the texture slots and started inserting them one by one. Honestly, the process was even a little fun. And my final result is this:

 

        ps-t0 = null
        ps-t1 = ResourceTexture_main
        ps-t2 = ResourceTexture_main
        ps-t3 = ResourceTexture_main
        ps-t4 = null
        ps-t5 = ResourceTexture_normal
        ps-t6 = null
        ps-t7 = null
        ps-t8 = ResourceTexture_normal
        ps-t9 = ResourceTexture_normal
        ps-t10 = ResourceTexture_main
        ps-t11 = ResourceTexture_transparent
        ps-t12 = null
        ps-t13 = null
        ps-t14 = null
        ps-t15 = null
        ps-t16 = null

 

4.png.789b685885df5e4f456ce6b594bbd528.png

 

Well, she wasn't completely fixed. The legs I got are clearer, like glass. These legs (including her entire hip area) become almost transparent in bright light, but at the same time retain their original color.

 

1.png.268541e02e5cfc09e6db1d25d55ca08d.png

 

2.png.0d80c9e6696ea5c4af4ceefc86548afe.png

 

I think it's pretty. So I kept this result.

 

You can download her from huihui (here:https://huihui168.org/?list_11/7803.html), and then use Moonholder's tool to update the hashes.

 

Or you can use these slots I listed, continue adjusting them to see if you can find an effect you prefer.

 

(oh I swear I've seen some really pretty pale pinks, I'm going to find them!)

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sylvie023 said:

Trying to fix a Mornye mod.

 

3.png.99d9644a0c4664128519484e560d2809.png

 

TSR didn't seem to work on her. And what's special about this mod is her "clothes", aside from the colors extracted from a texture, they use almost the same material as her legs. Perhaps the two things are related.

 

She doesn't have many textures, so I laid out all the texture slots and started inserting them one by one. Honestly, the process was even a little fun. And my final result is this:

 

        ps-t0 = null
        ps-t1 = ResourceTexture_main
        ps-t2 = ResourceTexture_main
        ps-t3 = ResourceTexture_main
        ps-t4 = null
        ps-t5 = ResourceTexture_normal
        ps-t6 = null
        ps-t7 = null
        ps-t8 = ResourceTexture_normal
        ps-t9 = ResourceTexture_normal
        ps-t10 = ResourceTexture_main
        ps-t11 = ResourceTexture_transparent
        ps-t12 = null
        ps-t13 = null
        ps-t14 = null
        ps-t15 = null
        ps-t16 = null

 

4.png.789b685885df5e4f456ce6b594bbd528.png

 

Well, she wasn't completely fixed. The legs I got are clearer, like glass. These legs (including her entire hip area) become almost transparent in bright light, but at the same time retain their original color.

 

1.png.268541e02e5cfc09e6db1d25d55ca08d.png

 

2.png.0d80c9e6696ea5c4af4ceefc86548afe.png

 

I think it's pretty. So I kept this result.

 

You can download her from huihui (here:https://huihui168.org/?list_11/7803.html), and then use Moonholder's tool to update the hashes.

 

Or you can use these slots I listed, continue adjusting them to see if you can find an effect you prefer.

 

(oh I swear I've seen some really pretty pale pinks, I'm going to find them!)

 

Moryne comp 4 is broken with the public version of RabbitFX yeah (You can probably guess why I would say the public version, but you didn't hear anything from me)

The reason the legs look a little off is 'cus you got the exact slots wrong.

It'd be one thing for me to simply tell you which slot is which, but I think it's more interesting if you learn how to determine which slot is which for yourself.

 

The best method for doing it is frame dumping. If you can parse frame dumps then not only can you determine which slot is which, but you can start to read individual draw calls which can lead to some more interesting things in the future.

 

First, check your d3dx.ini and make sure that your dump options (analyse_options) include all of the arguments like this:

image.png.cb80ba36d342dd6b061d2722724ec0c4.png

You need to do a full dump for this.

 

I assume you already know how to frame dump, but the TLDR is turn on hunting (green text) via the hunting toggle key and press F8, do it in a place with as few objects as possible like the character menu or if you need to be in overworld for characters like Denia, then do it in a place like a forgery challenge domain where there's not much going on.

The important thing here is that you do your dump with the DEFAULT character, you can just press F6 and that'll count.

 

Once you have your frame dump, open the folder (in your WWMI root folder) and search "o0".

This is the fun part, o0 will show the output of every individual draw call that occurs within a frame visualised as an image, so you can see the frame being built one draw call at a time. Scroll down the list of o0 images until you find the image where the legs are first drawn, the file will have a name like "000123-ps blah blah blah," the number at the front is the important part, it's the draw call where the legs are drawn, you can use that number to search the frame dump folder for the contents of that exact draw call.

You'll get something like this:

image.thumb.png.66398733d491f8baf7de6c8551fa29f7.png

 

This is every single asset that was loaded during a single draw call, this isn't for Moryne legs (I don't wanna give the game away), but the principle is the same.

The highlighted lines are the textures and you can see in the file names that each texture is labelled with a texture slot. This is how you determine which texture goes into which slot.

 

I did pick a bad example, this is an eye draw call so it doesn't have a normal or materialmap but you get the point, from here you can visually identify which texture is which and see what slot they're supposed to be a part of based on the names each texture has.

 

This is useful tech to know if you're having to manually asign slots for other characters, or if you simply need to grab hashes for something. It's a little excessive having to do full dumps, but the o0 visualisation makes parsing dumps SO much easier that I think it's worth the extra waiting time vs using deduped.

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...