Jump to content

req Wuthering waves


Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, man909 said:

Did you do a fix for Kongxinrumeng's Denia. Animations only seem to work in the Character menu.

Denia [KXRM] NSFW Suit.rar 72.86 MB · 1 download

I've explained it before, his Denia mod literally didn't have shapekeys for the field variants so the animations are impossible to restore 'cus they technically don't exist in the first place, I reversed it into blender to confirm it.

 

Even if the full paid version does have shapekeys, I frankly cannot be bothered to clean up kong's mess for a multi-part character, that's way more effort than it's worth.

Posted
19 hours ago, Gibgibon said:

Hmm tnx so much bro. I think it somehow works :) The problem with zanis face and augustas hair is gone now and suisuis mod works too :D 

 

My only problem now is when I enter the main city of Lahai Roi (that startorch academy) all my mods instantly get broken but once I get closer to that protective dome over the city mods get repaired by themselves. I dont know why. In the world everything is ok. But its not the RabbitFX fault cuz when I delete his folder the situation doesnt get fixed. 

Yeah that's just Startorch being Startorch.

Posted
23 minutes ago, OOooOOOoooOOo said:

anyone help me get back on the safezone discord server? i got removed or it gone? not sure what happened :(

It got nuked, read through the forum if you want more info on it. It was already talked about a lot.

Posted
53 minutes ago, Nom-Nom said:

It got nuked, read through the forum if you want more info on it. It was already talked about a lot.

 

i see, yea i read what i could find on it. wish i knew who did all this, i like to just have few "words" with him/them....just few. oh well, hope for best on it all, was truly nice server, was there since it started when most of us migrated there from zzzmc days

Posted

Yesterday I noticed that Moonholder's tool has been updated to v3.5.1, adding stable textures for more characters.

 

First, I tried it on an old Roccia mod. Only the hair had a slight issue, which was corrected after manually adding a lightmap.

 

Then I tried it on Denia. At first, when I saw she was wearing the wrong clothes, my first reaction was "whatever, let it go", because Denia looked so complicated. However, after some research, I discovered that it was because the tool was using the wrong texture, or more specifically, it was because Denia was using the same component before AND after her transformation.

 

I wondered if there was a way to set a condition for this, then I noticed that Denia had an additional HALO after her transformation. So I found the hash of this halo, and added a check.

 

4.png.50aad9d7705d8dd0aeed29abe0a1ebb2.png

 

3.png.a3c8a65a575a17edf0d99be71edc891b.png

 

Her hair is the same.

 

And then it worked.

 

Now she can be displayed correctly both before and after the transformation.

 

1.png.dddcd7787e7b6035691e6c1268aaaf1e.png

 

2.png.1d0edb2a671f3ff09b7e0ac7be6249db.png

(yes, haven't dealt with her stockings)

 

I want to say that this tool really saves TSR a lot of time. It can handle most of the work first, then we can manually fix the remaining problems. It's definitely better than having to add TSR from scratch myself :p

Posted

hey guys and gals, does anyone know if theres any veruna and rebecca mod that doesnt have the textures all broken? i just started playing and im really confused since all mod i install have weird textures:bawling:

Captura de Tela (162).png

Posted
8 minutes ago, ceoss said:

hey guys and gals, does anyone know if theres any veruna and rebecca mod that doesnt have the textures all broken? i just started playing and im really confused since all mod i install have weird textures:bawling:

 

UID!!!

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Yuforya said:

Anyone knows how to fix Nivora or Ganxue mods? I tried using hunting tool to look for hashes but I just have no idea what I'm doing. All I can do is trial and error and of course it didn't work monsoon-NivoraMod.zip.zipGanxue.zip

i've fixed ganxue, but i can't see nivora again for now, because already pass the quest so i can't dump her original model.

Ganxue_v2.6.zip

Edited by Niimi23
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Niimi23 said:

i've fixed ganxue, but i can't see nivora again for now, because already pass the quest so i can't dump her original model.

Ganxue_v2.6.zip 9.15 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you brother! I was able to fix Nivora on my end using the Rabbit fix solution from GB. I really appreciate the Ganxue one.

 

EDIT:

Welp, after checking, Ganxue is still broken on my end. I suspect the texture itself has been updated. Still appreciate it though.

Edited by Yuforya
Posted
14 hours ago, Sylvie023 said:

Yesterday I noticed that Moonholder's tool has been updated to v3.5.1, adding stable textures for more characters.

 

First, I tried it on an old Roccia mod. Only the hair had a slight issue, which was corrected after manually adding a lightmap.

 

Then I tried it on Denia. At first, when I saw she was wearing the wrong clothes, my first reaction was "whatever, let it go", because Denia looked so complicated. However, after some research, I discovered that it was because the tool was using the wrong texture, or more specifically, it was because Denia was using the same component before AND after her transformation.

 

I wondered if there was a way to set a condition for this, then I noticed that Denia had an additional HALO after her transformation. So I found the hash of this halo, and added a check.

 

4.png.50aad9d7705d8dd0aeed29abe0a1ebb2.png

 

3.png.a3c8a65a575a17edf0d99be71edc891b.png

 

Her hair is the same.

 

And then it worked.

 

Now she can be displayed correctly both before and after the transformation.

 

It's like watching a mini me... I'm moved.

 

I'll break a few things down to help you along, understanding is the backbone of progress after all. I hope that this can just be an interesting read for you on its own.

Spoiler

Any given asset will have "Texture slots" which are containers designed to accept specific types of data, denoted as "tX" with "t" just meaning texture and "X" being the number of the slot. t0 is usually the normalmap slot, it expects a normalmap texture and will load whatever is inputted into it like a normalmap.

Typically, character mods use slots 0-2 for loading normalmaps, lightmaps and diffuses in that order, 3.0 introduced material maps which tend to occupy either t1 or t3.

There are a lot more than those 4 texture slots used for each asset, I've seen it go as high as 17 slots, but they're loaded with misc effect textures or other bits of irrelevant junk that we don't need to care about when modding.

 

How TSR works is that it will overwrite the existing process of loading assets to these slots in a clean controlled manner to avoid texture bleed or other issues.

TSR doesn't actually have any slot awareness or slot dependence, instead it uses "Fuzzy matching" and "regex" to find important textures and their corresponding shaders in order to replace the default texture loads with our custom textures.

 

Fuzzy matching is similar to [TextureOverride]ing but instead of using a specific hash, we use a set of parameters and the [TextureOverride] block will match any asset that meets the conditions. In this case, rather than replacing anything that matches the conditions specified, RabbitFX searches for the unique signatures of different relevant textures, then creates a signal (filter index) when those are matched. It basically says "This is a texture that needs to be replaced"

 

Regex (Regular expression) is a super customisable, highly detailed search function of sorts that's capable of parsing shaders to find specific patterns that indicate the loading of a texture. When used in conjunction with fuzzy matching, it can isolate the specific texture calls and replace them without affecting anything else.

 

The reason that TSR doesn't just "work" for everything is that the regex isn't perfect and Kuro isn't making it easy. With each new character it seems, there's some new one-off character specific dumb shader that's introduced to handle their textures or effects or whatever, and those edge case shaders need to be hunted and added to the regex for TSR to work.

TSR is fully capable of seeing textures regardless of what slot they're in, TSR is fully capable of overwriting textures regardless of what slot they're in, TSR can currently see things like Suisui's forte mode, or Denia's ult, but the regex doesn't have the specific data needed to perform the overwrite yet because those things are using shaders that aren't part of the regex and it's up to Rabbit to dump those characters under the correct circumstances in order to include them in the regex.

 

 

Now as for what you've done.

 

First off, using a detector is perfect, 100 points for that, granted you might want a slightly more robust choice than relying on an effect PS since they tend to be a little more volatile. I personally recommend just using Denia's ult body diffuse texture, since that'll be auto-updated by things like Moonholder fix just as a part of the "fixing mods" process anyway, so less needing to hunt for niche hashes each update. This is what I use if you wanna copy it:

 

; Ult check for texture swapping ------

 

[Constants]
global $toggle
global $togglecheck

 

[TextureOverrideUltForm]
hash = 4e4dc18e
match_priority = 123
if $mod_enabled == 1
    $togglecheck = 1
endif

 

[Present]
if $toggle != $togglecheck
    $toggle = $togglecheck
endif
$togglecheck = 0

 

Moonholder assigning the wrong texture is just... it's the reason I prefer to do things by hand, I can't trust the fix tools to have the correct context plugged in, but I get the want for convenience, no one wants to go through the weeks of pain I had to manually applying TSR to hundreds of mods.

 

14 hours ago, Sylvie023 said:

1.png.dddcd7787e7b6035691e6c1268aaaf1e.png

 

2.png.1d0edb2a671f3ff09b7e0ac7be6249db.png

(yes, haven't dealt with her stockings)

 

I want to say that this tool really saves TSR a lot of time. It can handle most of the work first, then we can manually fix the remaining problems. It's definitely better than having to add TSR from scratch myself :p

 

Your stocking textures are most likely the material map, this is the layout I have for Dania's field comp 2, so you should just be able to copy this and plug in the right textures:

 

if $\DaniaRemiell\toggle == 0
    Resource\RabbitFX\Diffuse = ref ResourceDiffuse
    Resource\RabbitFX\Lightmap = ref ResourceLightmap
    Resource\RabbitFX\Normalmap = ref ResourceNormalmap
    Resource\RabbitFX\Materialmap = ref ResourceMaterialmap
else
    Resource\RabbitFX\Diffuse = ref ResourceDiffuseUlt
    Resource\RabbitFX\Normalmap = ref ResourceNormalmap
    ps-t1 = ResourceLightmap
    ps-t3 = ResourceMaterialmap
    ps-t5 = null
    ps-t6 = ResourceEffectmap
endif

    run = Commandlist\RabbitFX\SetTextures

 

Toggle 0 is normal state, else is ult form. TSR works just fine for normal state, for ult the material and lightmap moves slots and have to be manually set, ps-t5 and t6 are your effect textures for the hand effect. You can nullify them or find the corresponding effect texture in your Textures folder to load them properly, it's gonna depend on the mod, which is kind of the theme with fixing Denia shit in general.

 

 

One last trick which does apply in this situation I think. When it comes to mods using default components, you don't actually have to load textures to them at all.

For example, if your Denia mod is using the default hair, no modifications at all, then you don't need to use TSR or ANYTHING for that matter, if you leave the slots completely blank then the game will just default to loading the normal textures using the normal unmodified UVs and that will work just fine. You can cut down on mod size a little 'cus this lets you delete those duplicate textures as well. There are actually quite a lot of mods where you literally only actually have to load textures for a single comp, like comp 3 and the rest are either unused or just use default textures.

That looks like Kong's Denia mod just from the tattoo and stockings, and I know that Kong tends to load default textures onto an individual component separate from the custom shit, which means you might be able to skip loading the default textures altogether which simplifies things a little. Could be different 'cus of Denia being multi-part and all though, I gave up on that mod ages ago.

 

 

I didn't have any specific goal writing this, it's just that I see you starting on the same journey I did years ago, where you have the willingness and interest to bother trying to fix and understand shit for yourself, I can't help but want to spur you on, the world needs more people with that mentality.

Spoiler

It's a common misconception that skill issued people have, that modders all have some crazy coding background or whatever and you need to have all this prior information in order to get into modding, but that's false.

I have literally no coding background, the most I knew about anything going into modding was "if else" statements and a few other things from basic Minecraft redstone years prior. I got my start 3 years ago in Genshin seeing a Tedom mod that had multiple "toggle mods" put together which at the time was fuckin' alien ass tech to a complete noob like me. There wasn't a tool to do this sort of thing yourself, but I wanted it and so I stared at Tedom's ini code and even though I didn't understand it, through trial and error I was able to replicate a working version of the "merge mod toggle."

 

That's pretty much how ALL of my modding knowledge has amassed, I see something I want to make or fix and I try to copy and tinker with a relevant example enough times that I start to understand how each individual piece works and that's knowledge I can carry forward into other tasks.

I only ever got major help one time, something I got simply by asking for it in the relevant help channel on AGMG, everything else that's lead up to my current capabilities was entirely self-learned, no documentation, no guides, no nothing, just feeling my way through it until I was able to put my visions into practice.

 

The point is, ANYONE can become a "modder" to the extent that I am, there's nothing special about me and I had NOTHING going into it other than my curiosity and willingness to tinker, I wanted to get better enough that I made it a reality, not to impose such a burden on you or anyone else. 

If you come across a problem, you CAN solve it, it's just a matter of finding the right example and feeling your way though it, plus I'm always around to help those who want to get better.

 

I'm just yappin' man.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...