A bad light on Loverslab

magicrealm

Keep in mind op, that most of the mods here aren't just texture replacers or what-not, they involve 3rd party new animations, new scripts etc and they push the game.. My own game was 100% crashfree until I took the plunge and got SKSE, a ton of mods that required it and the recent havok physics mods - at that point my game became a hang and ctd fest. The Safety Load mod over at nexus has helped with most of it.

In short, keep in mind that most of what will occur is game itself or user related and not the mod creator.

I've been following LL for a long time and this is the first post that I've felt that I need to respond to. The mod authors here are amazing, the community is extremely helpful, and any time I've had a problem with a mod, it's because I missed something on my end. If ye have mod troubles, 95% of the time, it's not the mod's fault, but on yer end. Just be sure to ask for help somewheres in these forums, as the good people here at LL will be willing to help ya out.

Everytime you install mods: I DONT CARE if you are a veteran in skyrim with 2 years of modding experience. If you cant follow these steps, you are not a 'professional mod user'.

1. Read the goddam mainpage and readme. Seriously, 90% of the issues can be fixed by just spending 5min reading. Seriously? Wow... I myself use many LL mods and none of them caused troubles, hell even procreation works for me(for now)

2. Have you ever thought that it could be your other mods that conflict???

3. Use BOSS obviously, but sometimes BOSS screws things up. For example, i have to manually drag unique.esp down below enhancedcharacteredit.esp otherwise my procreation mod wont work.

4. Dont pirate the game. Some mods dont work with pirated games. EG luxury suite

5. Get the safetyload mod on nexus. Seriously it killed all my infinite loading screen issues. Really.

6. Many times, too many scripts and texture mods can crash your game and prevent you from doing things.

And oh btw, be sure to check on the 'what mod is this' thread often. My armor list increased exponentially ever since i did this

i have over thousand hours playtime for skyrim. i experienced hundreds of mods. using standart below 50.

discovering loverslab a week ago, i was amazed about the Quality of the resources. on the other Hand, there are only few mods, that use these resources and brings them to live. resource modders like zaz and sl should create simple mods to bring their resources in action.

i played with the loverslab skyrim mods for about a week now. i did not found one single mod that works as it should do. the best result ended in a game, i could not even pick a flower anymore or sitdown from my horse without logging out and in again. weather the modders dont have the skills to perform those mods or they loose interest very soon and dont repair their bugs.

its disgusting, because this does not only loose Passion for loverslab, but also for skyrim in general. i call for a Quality watch in whatever way, otherwise the gamers leave loverslab angry.

What is exactly is the point of this post? if your going to make a post about how every mod that uses SexLab and ZaZ doesn't work properly at least give a list of what mods and what doesn't work in them or how it breaks your game. Then maybe someone can actually help you with your issues rather than posting a pointless rant that will lead to none of your issues being solved.

I could go into a huge rant, pointing out your arrogance and the self entitlement you feel that you need; and I probably should, but I won't, instead I will try to explain this to you in terms that I hope you understand.

Do you not understand that almost all the modders here to this in there freetime? You act as if they have no life, no jobs, no wives, no other hobbies? Most are just doing this as a side hobby that they pay a small amount of attention to. What really amazes me is that the modding support is this big so long after the games release! You should be thankful that LoversLab can even exist thanks to these fantastic modders. Don't you see that the modders are working there hardest considering the circumstances, content, and support? It's like you think these modders are being paid a salary to do this as a job. As many others said, stop acting so entitled and negative and look at it from a positive side, it may be time to reassess your attitude.

I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but if it was then OP is a successful troll.

Just another ignorant douchebag wanting attention guys, nothing more. You guys/gals successfully wasted your time in making a counter-argument. 

And talking about feeding trolls. I think I found a weakness in LL.

@Lother Dude man… Just stop wasting your time. You have something better to do right?

I don't think op was a troll, or at least, I dont think he's a successful troll. Reading all the replies I cant see any really mad more than laughting, or hurt feelings, I cant really see that, that can justify a trolish acomplishment. It's more something between 'dont hit the door' and perplexity for such a naive post like op's...

I don't think op was a troll, or at least, I dont think he's a successful troll. Reading all the replies I cant see any really mad more than laughting, or hurt feelings, I cant really see that, that can justify a trolish acomplishment. It's more something between 'dont hit the door' and perplexity for such a naive post like op's...

If he is a troll he wants to provoke a reaction, of which he got plenty. That's pretty much all there is to trolling - it doesn't necessarily include flaming or hurting your feelings. The goal is to get a reaction out of you. There are some long winded replies to the OP, so he was successful. And as a bonus there was also quite a bit of rage here. So yeah, mission accomplished I'd say.

hello,

i didnt expect so many rsponses in such a short time. unfortunately, the very most are just flames with no Content. most Responses have no other comments than "you dont have read the instructions" and " you did not get the requirements".

if i would be so unable i wouldnt spend 1100 hours in skyrim with hundreds of mods. that those comments do not see this, shows unqualified ignorance.

i just had a conversation with my languages translator from Animated Prostitution on Nexus site. a modder himself. i just wanted to tell him thatloverslab exists to have a look at. he answered that he knows of it, that he played some mods from here and that they distroy the game. i was quite surprised to get such an answer.

i spend now over a full week try to get the mods and the game work appropiate. the Errors repeat. its not a single game, actually i had about 5 new game starts with total new Installations.

dont understand me wrong. i value the work the modders do as long as they show Support for their mod and try to do their best. some of them do so. i really dont like to deinstall LL and forget all those great animations and sceneries.

I think you would actually like to see flame or butthurts here but actually your second post comes to confirm what others have said. I'm not sure about what a modder like the Animated Prostitution may think. Being a modder doesnt release you to making mistakes and saying "those mods destroys your game" or "Ive spent 1100 hours, 17 minutes and 32 seconds modding" is meaningless and useless. Appart form that, Animated Prostituion reource animations are fully integrated and work flawessly in Sexlab Framework so basically I dont know how to get your last post. I think its time for you to try something more 'real' and 'concrete' in order to make your thread any useful, or a mod comming through and sending it into the oblivion...

hello,

i didnt expect so many rsponses in such a short time. unfortunately, the very most are just flames with no Content. most Responses have no other comments than "you dont have read the instructions" and " you did not get the requirements".

if i would be so unable i wouldnt spend 1100 hours in skyrim with hundreds of mods. that those comments do not see this, shows unqualified ignorance.

i just had a conversation with my languages translator from Animated Prostitution on Nexus site. a modder himself. i just wanted to tell him thatloverslab exists to have a look at. he answered that he knows of it, that he played some mods from here and that they distroy the game. i was quite surprised to get such an answer.

i spend now over a full week try to get the mods and the game work appropiate. the Errors repeat. its not a single game, actually i had about 5 new game starts with total new Installations.

dont understand me wrong. i value the work the modders do as long as they show Support for their mod and try to do their best. some of them do so. i really dont like to deinstall LL and forget all those great animations and sceneries.

Somewhat interesting. Unfortunately the last time I tried out Animated Prostitution it crashed my game more often than the Reproccer does if you forget to update it after removing mods. It may run a lot better now but I'm rather sceptical about the whole "it destroys your game" thing.

I've been using Sexlab pretty much since it came out and during the whole time it crashed maybe twice in it's early stages and even the plugins have yet to cause an issue...guess my game's indestructible then since Sexlab is supposed to destroy it.

The fact that you claim 1100 hours in Skyrim and hundreds of mods, yet cannot get something as simple as SexLab and SL Matchmaker running actually shows unqualified... (well Iwanted to say stupity, but felt that was too harsh).  I run 150 mods on average.  The only time SL Framework ever gave me issues is during the 1.2 - 1.24 variants when the framework went through exensive changes and Ashal was working through issues that cropped up.  1.24 itself is very stable.  I use other SL mods (Aroused, Submit, LoversComfort, Matchmaker).  I don't use the more quest related mods because they tend to be geared to female characters.  Yes, some of them have minor issues, but they work as advertised.  And frankly, if the mods on Nexus are so damn perfect, why do they have version numbers above 1?  Because they have all had issues where they did not work perfectly.  Take a look at your beloved Animated Prostitution.  Version 5?  So each version was adding more features?  Right.  That thing has a history itself of causing datafile issues in the past.  Versions before 2.34 (which was the first truly "stable" version) had numerous issues and caused many problems.  Take a look at the Change Log.

Josh has always had been a whiny and arrogant sod, but if he truly did say that then he is a bigger asshole than I thought.  Early in his AP development he went off on Fore because Fore asked him not to include FNIS as part of the AP package (rightfully so, Fore asked him to redirect them to download FNIS separately).  Josh went a whiny little pout about it, telling people not to use it and use his patcher.  It wasn't until about around version 2 or so that he started making it compatible to FNIS again.  So basically, I would take anything Josh said with a pile of salt.

You've spent over a full week trying to get the games and mods to work appropriate(ly)?  And they still don't work?  Then you have done something wrong, or you have something which is conflicting.  One of things I have noticed in all of your posts where you report errors and ctds (which is strangely very few considering that amount of time you claim to have spent trying to get it to work...) is that it appears that NOT ONCE have you provided a load order, papyrus logs, list of texture mods (which don't show up in the load order unless there is an esm/esp for them), etc.  For example:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21703-angrims-apprentice-nov-10-2013/?p=574672 - not a single post showing info to help resolve it.  Just the typical "It doesn't work, fix it" post.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16113-prison-overhaul-2013-10-16/?p=569802 - same again, several posts containing issues, yet no info to help possibly resolving it.

Maybe if you spent a little more time actually providing info to help resolve the problems and a little less time whining about it here, you may get the help you need.

hello,

First,  YOU insulted every member here and didn't expect responses?  Give your head a shake.

Second, The very most of the replies, are actually people who are still trying to help you out despite your attitude. It's just too bad you have your head jammed so far up your ass that you can't even see that.

I'm actually more surprised at the FACT that most of the posts are trying to be as helpful as they can (although veiled in well deserved wrath); when clearly you don't deserve any pity or help, than the fact that an admin/mod hasn't locked this thread, and sent you on your way.

Seriously, someone needs to lock this troll/flame fest thread before it gets any worse.

hello,

The next time you ask for assistance, pick your words carefully.

It is unfortunate that the language you used in the first post (and your above response) has created a rather unpleasant impression of your personality and intelligence.

Learn to mod your game i say.

Its also kind fun tweaking and fixing thats a part of being a PC gamer and modding games if it was all perfect where is the need to make mods or just go console?

OP you comming from consoles right and now wanne burn us :D

It seems LL is not for you maybe better stay at nexus then?

Archived