A bad light on Loverslab

magicrealm

i have over thousand hours playtime for skyrim. i experienced hundreds of mods. using standart below 50.

discovering loverslab a week ago, i was amazed about the Quality of the resources. on the other Hand, there are only few mods, that use these resources and brings them to live. resource modders like zaz and sl should create simple mods to bring their resources in action.

i played with the loverslab skyrim mods for about a week now. i did not found one single mod that works as it should do. the best result ended in a game, i could not even pick a flower anymore or sitdown from my horse without logging out and in again. weather the modders dont have the skills to perform those mods or they loose interest very soon and dont repair their bugs.

its disgusting, because this does not only loose Passion for loverslab, but also for skyrim in general. i call for a Quality watch in whatever way, otherwise the gamers leave loverslab angry.

I think that you are blaming the wrong parties here; it looks like you are the type that skips through installation instructions, and suggestions. (Or the type that fails to understand what's written in installation instructions, and requirements) Also Loverslab has been around for a while and the community is growing and seems to be strong despite all the issues that arise.

Pretty much agree with the others. If you're having so many problems, it's an error on your end.

Plenty of players here have no issues with any of the mods here on LL. They read the install instructions, the requirements for everything, and follow directions to make sure everything works as it should. They remove conflicts, clean their mods if necessary and sort their load order properly.

It sounds like you didn't do any of that. The mods here are not simple plug and play stuff. They require reading the directions and knowing what you are doing. If you can't following the directions, you're going to run into problems.

Next time, read the requirements and what needs to be done before assuming the mod creators on LL all release broken mods.

i have over thousand hours playtime for skyrim. i experienced hundreds of mods. using standart below 50.

discovering loverslab a week ago, i was amazed about the Quality of the resources. on the other Hand, there are only few mods, that use these resources and brings them to live. resource modders like zaz and sl should create simple mods to bring their resources in action.

i played with the loverslab skyrim mods for about a week now. i did not found one single mod that works as it should do. the best result ended in a game, i could not even pick a flower anymore or sitdown from my horse without logging out and in again. weather the modders dont have the skills to perform those mods or they loose interest very soon and dont repair their bugs.

its disgusting, because this does not only loose Passion for loverslab, but also for skyrim in general. i call for a Quality watch in whatever way, otherwise the gamers leave loverslab angry.

Yes, clearly, the fault is with every mod author on these forums, and not with you. Worthless, overly hostile post. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I have to disagree with the OP.

I'm currently running around 15-20 mods originating from LL modders, and while I do have the occasional freeze or ctd and such, the vast majority of mods run well enough for me to still enjoy the game (and the mods themselves). Add to this the fact that my load order has around 150 mods right now, the likelihood that the few problems which I do encounter might be caused by some of the other 120 or so mods simply cannot be denied.

Thus, for reasons already mentioned by others, I also assume the OP's troubles are largely coming from his own end of things.

As for the quality watch, well - I think WE are the quality watch, aren't we? OP, please consider how many of the mods are classified as WIP, alpha or beta by the modder, or have equivalent version numbers. Or whose description makes it obvious that they are still being worked on and developed further. If you download and use such mods, you ought to know you're not dealing with anything finished, final and polished, you are a tester for a mod still in development. Expect problems. Report them. Give feedback. THIS is how you help the modder to improve their work, but not, I'm afraid, by generalised (and likely not very justified) criticism.

P.S: You might want to testrun mods with saves/characters you can afford to lose, so if and when anything goes seriously wrong, you're not losing one of you main or favourite characters.

If you actually take the time and read through the dev threads for a lot of the LL-produced mods, you'll see the mod authors actively participating in troubleshooting issues that arise.  The only times I've seen a mod author not update something is if there's truly nothing broken, or if they don't have time to dedicate to updating it anymore.  If a mod isn't going to be updated, it's made clear that it's dated and may no longer work, so if you choose to use a mod that's not been updated in a good while you've got to realize there may be bugs.

I use several mods from these forums myself, and the only issues I've ever had were too minimal to be worth noting, or something that I was able to troubleshoot and remedy myself.  Usually those issues spawn from minor conflicts with other mods I'm using.

post-24399-0-79237700-1384866482_thumb.jpg

They never read that's the issue, most of them just install a mod and think they only need to drag and drop the mod in the data folder activate it and done. And if something happens to their game, like CDT, they will always blame the mod author, never think that it may be actually their fault.

"i have over thousand hours playtime for skyrim. i experienced hundreds of mods."

And? So do 90% of the Skyrim community that uses mods, why do you think that makes you special?

"resource modders like zaz and sl should create simple mods to bring their resources in action."

I'm sorry, are you serious?? Those people use their own free time to create things for everyone to enjoy, free of charge, out of their passion for the game, and you come here blabering nonsense as if they were working for you?

"i did not found one single mod that works as it should do. the best result ended in a game, i could not even pick a flower anymore or sitdown from my horse without logging out and in again."

Well, there are hundreds of people like me that have used those mods and they are working just fine. Does that make us all genious or does it just make you really mentally handicapped?

"weather the modders dont have the skills to perform those mods or they loose interest very soon and dont repair their bugs."

You really have no idea of what goes behind the curtains, no idea of the effort and dedication behind those mods, do you? Still, since you complain that much, why don't you make your own mods and be done with it?

"its disgusting, because this does not only loose Passion for loverslab, but also for skyrim in general."

The only disgusting thing around here is your attitude. You are an insult to the community and to the game. Glad you lost passion for it. Just uninstall and gtfo.

"i call for a Quality watch in whatever way, otherwise the gamers leave loverslab angry."

I'm sorry, you call for what??? You self entitled arrogant little prick, no one gives a shit about what you call for, no one owes you fucking anything.

Clearly the increasing growth of the community is a signal of the mass exodus of angry players. /s

tl:dr You are an arrogant self entitled little prick who doesn't deserve the smallest consideration by anyone in this site. Please see yourself out.

Guest Lehshara

If you install mods that are incompatible or mods that require something which you don't have (or just download and drag files straight to DATA folder) and then wonder why game is not working then it's only your fault.

I'm using LL for quite some time (1,5 year or so) and never had any problems with mods from LL which would cause my game to break and I had more than 100+ mods installed once.

To be honest, I had some smaller problems but mostly they were caused due to my lack of reading comprehension, I installed mod and was wondering why I'm getting CTD's.

Upon further investigation I found out that I missed something in MOD requirements.

LL Skyrim MOD Devs do their best to provide to us a really exciting content, I believe that they put a lot of heart in their works. So please be gentle with them even If it's not your fault that your Skyrim is broken and to make sure you won't loose everything: Always test each mod separately and do backup of Skyrim files before installing new mods, ....Have I mentioned to check MOD Requirements?

They never read that's the issue, most of them just install a mod and think they only need to drag and drop the mod in the data folder activate it and done. And if something happens to their game, like CDT, they will always blame the mod author, never think that it may be actually their fault.

Damn Straight.

Guest carywinton

Modding any game regardless is a very difficult process, all instructions given for each mod must be carefully followed, even one missed step or one done improperly can lead to a huge amount of problems, both with the mod itself and the game it is running on. Perhaps asking for assistance on the mod or mods you are having trouble with first would have been a much wiser approach. I have found this community to be far more helpful and robust in their willingness to go out of their way to help folks. As stated in many of the posts above, these talented and wonderful folks do this work in their free time, which to me is utterly amazing and super nice of them.

I'm running almost 250 mods ...many of them from this site. While I have the occasional bug or crash, I can definitely play. One also has to accept that some mods are still heavily in development and might contain bugs or get updates in order to play nice with other mods (something which is also true for a lot of Nexus mods). In short: I don't see the problem with your mods ...

I just want to reiterate what everyone else said. Carefully READ the install instructions, I know that reading is becoming a dead art but it has its uses from time to time.

Honestly You must be a very small person or extremely arrogant to assume that the problem is with the mods and modders themselves and that YOU personally couldn't have fucked up the installation of the mods.

One of the major probs here AND on the Nexus is that damn NMM. IT's ok, it's a tool for people who just want to install very few non-complex mods and that's it. Mod managers like that do not show you script or mesh / texture conflicts, they can't merge levelled lists, create merged patches etc. And all these things are required for people wanting to really mod their game.

I thnk the following prerequisites for Skyrim modding should be met:

Basic knowledge of:

Wrye Bash (or a comparable mod manager - which I haven't seen yet)

the game folder structure

Tes5Edit

the Creation Kit

mod cleaning

BOSS

FNIS

tool slike SMCO

SKSE

Then there are the people who drag and drop the files directly in their game folder. That the safest way to screw up the game. There are mods out there with hundreds of files in them. You simply cannot remember which ones to remove if you want to uninstall them.

Furthermore, you can't expect modding (i.e. installing mods, not creating them) your game and everything working from beginning on without getting a bit deeper into the modding topic itself. When I started modding Oblivion, I fucked up my game countless times. You really have to be willing to get a bit further into it. You'll be rewarded with a stable and enjoyable gaming experience.

If you can't pick flowers like you said in your OP, the anims seem to be broken, and if that's the case, I bet you didn't install and  execute FNIS according to the instructions, did you?

If that's the case: Read! Read the fucking instructions.

You have thousands of hours poured into this game and experienced hundred of mods.. hmm... doesn't look like. A "veteran" as you wouldn't had to post this - at least not without providing constructive criticism.

You're complaining about mods on here that most people have no major errors with them, given most know how to read instalation/uninstall instructions. Is not modders' fault you aren't able to read simple descriptions of their respective mods. A simple drag and drop to data folder isn't the only thing you need to be aware, and you should know this given your "hundreds" of mods used.

By your post, you seem to went apeshit with downloading half the mods on here without giving a flying fuck about requirements/incompatibilities/general info. That's never gonna work with scripted mods, doesn't matter where or by whom are they made. My advice is for you is to stay at your hundreds of weapons and armor mods, given they barely require any brain in installing or using.

In conclusion, nexus bigot; I dare you to name me a "still going on" mod here on LL that you have a major problem with. I'll be amazed if you can point me at one and be sure is caused by that and not from others 125346 mods you've downloaded at once.

As a relative newbie to the site, and to installing mods, I'm finding this a very helpful place; so far i haven't had to reveal the depths of my ignorance by asking  a question directly because going through the support topics really helps... Hopefully when I do have to ask the glaringly newbie question people will laugh and answer rather than beating me round the head.

Only one thing hasn't run properly so far and it was an aesthetic problem not a game breaker so I simply deactivated it and am enjoying the other dozen things that HAVE worked. And if I can manage it then.....

So I thought I should write something in opposition to the OP. But then I realised that would simply be feeding it so I won't!

What problem do you have? An error? CTD?

We don't bite, unlike elsewhere; we'll try to provide an answer as much as possible.

@To the OP: backup your saves, configuration (all *.ini files) and load list before using mods, especially those that are script-driven.

What problem do you have? An error? CTD?

We don't bite, unlike elsewhere; we'll try to provide an answer as much as possible.

Well assuming he can ask the question without insulting the site, mods, the modders and US in the process we won't bite. :P

Based in his OP he isn't the type who can do that so he will probably get bitten more then once.

Archived