IGNORED

Slof begins her modding!

Yeah I already saw Basil in a couple of her screen shots here:

(Don't think her Basil is done yet)

http://www.wolflore.net/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=1041&start=20

She has her own dedicated modding section on these forums lol. I've always loved her work, mainly because I play male characters and its very hard to find decent stuff for male characters (more so in oblivion). Specifically non heavy armor, like leather, or even just simple clothes. I enjoy my male characters not looking like an unshaven hobo wearing mismatched boots, with patch worked pants, and a face that wards off women like a plague of mice!

Mind you her work can be "eye candy" for women (such as the piercings with chains attached to it lol). But the quality is superb, and I hope to see a custom race like the Drow one she did for oblivion. I'm still mad that the Nexus nearly insulted her off of modding all together. I'm glad to see she still does it, and I can't wait to see more.

• 4 weeks later...

That puts you in a minority. (Grin) Did a Goth bite you in a previous life? (Bigger Grin).

Seriously, there is a lot of work out there that I dislike (but some of it displays talent). I see no reason to bore people with my dislike of it. You might adopt a similar policy, and learn there is a difference between Goth and Gay and that Gay is NOT an insult anyway! Tolerance is a virtue!

As Sloth is one of the handful of people, who do anything for male characters, guess you are happy with Fugly males? Guess you also don't use Oblivion mods that include erections, many of which look suspiciously like Slof's work with the serial numbers filed off. I'm willing to bet that when we get Skyrim errections, most of them will owe a debt to Slof!

So this means we'll get gay club outfits for Skyrim soon? Fantastic...

Someone's already done the horses so I'm not expecting anything from Slof' date=' sorry

[/quote']

Wow, another negative post on loverslab. That's two now. Either case, I will admit that some of "her" stuff can be on the erotic side, but there's also quite abit that's not "gay". To top it off, almost all of the best oblivion mods in some way would have never happened if not for Slof. I don't think you realize how close nit the community of modders is. Alot of the best "female" and "male" mods were influenced by her work. If you don't like her work, I'm not even sure why you bothered to post on this top lol.

I for one always play male characters, and with a "lack there of" for male mods in Morrowind/FO3/Oblivion, Slof came quite in handy. To top it off she made some really awesome hairstyles, and custom races.

As for only horses, you completely wrong. That's the whole reason I even bothered to post, because she has about 3-4 new mods out. They are actually "not gay" either, and anyone who's interested in a good caster outfit may want to check it out.

Honestly its negative shit like that, such as what happened to poor Bella; that makes modders not want to make shit. If you really want no modds, keep being a douche bag in regards to what people put out, and you'll see jack and shit. I myself am a modder, and I found myself on these forums due to the community. Though you're starting to remind me of how people on the "Nexus" are, and well I would recommend you may want to change that. Now I'm starting to understand the reason for "exclusive" content that people make sure doesn't get out to the people who don't deserve it.

personally I appreciate work for what it is, not what it is used for. Are there quite a few of slof's mods that I personally wouldn't use, sure but I can tell you there are just as many that I would and have used. Also, its sort of hard to say slof's mods are "gay" as correct me if I'm wrong Slof is of the female gender. She makes what she wants to see, no different than any other modder out there.

@Silvist: I know what you mean when you speak about what I like to call the "nexus syndrome". While I would of liked to think the Labs community was immune to negative feedback and the like, that would be more like wishful thinking. I sort of expected more of it to show up here when our numbers started jumping by the thousands. I just wish people didn't feel the need to pad their post count by placing posts in threads they really don't care about. Well hey, what can you do... it's the internet after all.

Slof is indeed a woman and a really nice and friendly person (surprising how many people still don't know that, despite her modding for Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3, FO:NV and now Skyrim), likes men, and after years of abuse by pathetic teenaged boys (usually) with issues, gets really hacked off when either she or her mods are 'insulted' as 'must be by a gay man', as if women can't mod and don't like an erotic male body. She's not sure what is worse, the slur against gay men or her gender and likes.

Slof is indeed a woman and a really nice and friendly person (surprising how many people still don't know that' date=' despite her modding for Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3, FO:NV and now Skyrim), likes men, and after years of abuse by pathetic teenaged boys (usually) with issues, gets really hacked off when either she or her mods are 'insulted' as 'must be by a gay man', as if women can't mod and don't like an erotic male body. She's not sure what is worse, the slur against gay men or her gender and likes.

[/quote']

you have to remember that we still have stereotypes of women not being gamers.

also we have a tendency to believe that many female gamers aren't really female, just men pretending to be. hence why most teenage guys believe slof to be a gay man rather than a woman. after all, most teenage male gamers have at best maybe a few experiences with women, their mother and friends at school. i doubt they have experience with a women with fetishes, which lets be honest, most of slof's stuff is. of course most of the stuff most modders make is too :)

not really trying to knock male gamers, this can be a stereotype itself after all, but experence does play a part with perceptions.

i guess this sort of thing and much of the gaming scene is a good example of feminist theory.

Idk' date=' Slof hates the HGEC body with a passion and she expressed her dislike towards it's users a few times. That's pretty schizophrenic if you ask me, she expects that people respect her taste but in return she doesn't respect other people's tastes.

[/quote']

does she have reasoning beyond personal feelings? technical reasons like HGEC isn't very good?

or is it just a case of not finding the female body attractive?

does she have reasoning beyond personal feelings? technical reasons like HGEC isn't very good?

or is it just a case of not finding the female body attractive?

She thinks that the HGEC body is unrealistic. She even went so far to proudly announce in the comment section of Apachiis Heroes Store that she removed the only female vendor in the mod, which uses the HGEC body.

The only female body Slof sometimes supports is Robert's Female body. Because it doesn't have exaggerated proportions (i.e. big boobs) or so she said iirc.