Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

I downloaded the No NPC files.

The Devious Devices - FtM Outfits -  Merge - file requires "Devious Devices - for the masses - Outfit.esp" which is not in the No NPC download, but in the NPC version (the file I downloaded is named Devious Devices - for the masses.esp).

So simple question:

Is it safe to simply rename my file? Or do I have install the NPC-version?

I am working on an update to For the Masses. I have some scripting to figure out but I am looking to add items via a token and script setup. The token is given to anyone who may get a belt and the script controls if it is applied to them. This will allow settings to be changed via MCM menu.

Some of what will and what I hope to add:

Males no longer get items except via loot

Control the chance of items being worn

Control if other devices are added besides a belt and what the chances are

Control the chance of keys being found (hopefully, not sure yet)

Using the script will have some other benefits: 

Less stress on the belt activation scripts (less items with no males and script will check for a belt and skip the process if there is one already there)

Items being in inventory instead of tied into the outfit so they can be removed by the player

The first test script to add the items is nearly done. After testing that it is on to adding the MCM menu and other features. I still need to figure out the MCM menus yet though.

I'm sure this won't happen, but I chuckled at the thought of a bandit charging at me strapped in an armbinder  :lol:

I downloaded the No NPC files.

The Devious Devices - FtM Outfits -  Merge - file requires "Devious Devices - for the masses - Outfit.esp" which is not in the No NPC download, but in the NPC version (the file I downloaded is named Devious Devices - for the masses.esp).

So simple question:

Is it safe to simply rename my file? Or do I have install the NPC-version?

Apparently I put the incorrect file in that zip. These are the esp's that should be in the no NPC version:

Devious Devices - For the Masses.esp

Devious Devices - FtM - merge.esp

is there a version that only adds keys to npcs, none of the dd items?

I'd second that this would be a good version to create, if it doesn't exist already.

With the way I am setting this up if an npc has a belt then they may have other items as well. If they don't have a belt then they can have a key. If the chance for a belt is set to 0 then they won't have any DD items except keys.

Edit: Also, if you want you can set the chance for fake keys to 0 and only have real keys.

The MCM menu is mostly set up, I am just having an issue setting up the button to reset the values.

After that I have to:

Finish the layout of the menus (spacing of options and text revisions)

Add in disabling the menus if belted (looks easy enough looking at the Integration Menu)

Add toggles for different tokens for different NPC types

Edit / Build scripts for tokens (mostly add if statements with item equip commands)

Distribute tokens to different outfit lists

Most of what is left I have a pretty good idea on how to do I am just having some issues finding an example of a reset function in a menu I can follow.

I have the MCM Menu 99% done, just need to fill in the Toggle names for different NPC groups.

Screenshots:

Unbelted

post-101267-0-04993300-1389665068_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-99340200-1389665066_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-89422400-1389665064_thumb.jpg

post-101267-0-95510100-1389665065_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-57423300-1389665063_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-49044000-1389665062_thumb.jpg

Belted

post-101267-0-65800900-1389665125_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-77157500-1389665126_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-87946300-1389665123_thumb.jpg

post-101267-0-76194900-1389665124_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-20937500-1389665137_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-81592800-1389665122_thumb.jpg

The base script for the tokens is done, I just need to build the individual token scripts by adding the different toggle checks to each token script.

Anyone who made a compatibility patch for the cloak mods yet?

I don't think there is a current one, someone uploaded one here earlier but I am not sure if it is still compatible. Once the new version of FtM is ready I will make a version that is compatible. Aelie is reworking my scripts as I was having some issues with the menu settings so hopefully it will be ready for release soon.

wrye bash should be able to put them together without a compat mod, im pretty sure!

Both add items to the outfits and Wrye Bash won't touch them. I can try adding the tokens for the updated FtM to NPC's regular inventory but I don't know if it will equip them consistently, I can try it though.

The leveled list still needs added to either the inventory or outfit. Looking at it again I remembered why I went with the outfits - less items to change and better compatibility. Adding items to the outfits is done in the outfit list which is separate from the npc's so it impacts few things. Adding items to the leveled lists for npc armor and clothing causes issues as they take 1 item from each type (body, arms, legs etc...) and are built by armor / clothing type so they can be on different types of npc's. Changing the armor leveled lists may cause issues with mods that armor to those lists. Adding items to the inventory of NPC's means any other mod that changes npc's will conflict.

Of all the mods I have used only the 2 mods that add cloaks conflict with FtM's outfit lists.

Interesting ...

So I made a bashed patch, not directly for this mod since I haven't it active anyway ...

But I noticed that some bandits actually have DD items in their inventory (not sure if they wear them).

So I checked my load order again, and somehow it looks like I missed one which is still active: Devious Devices - For the Masses -DB.esp

So, is this overwriting the cloaks (or similar mods) for bandits (I guess other NPCs will have them too since its not the NoNPC one) now or how does that work?

I also thought the DB files are only for the DLCs and that I need the normal ones too.

The merge file is not active btw.

Interesting ...

So I made a bashed patch, not directly for this mod since I haven't it active anyway ...

But I noticed that some bandits actually have DD items in their inventory (not sure if they wear them).

So I checked my load order again, and somehow it looks like I missed one which is still active: Devious Devices - For the Masses -DB.esp

So, is this overwriting the cloaks (or similar mods) for bandits (I guess other NPCs will have them too since its not the NoNPC one) now or how does that work?

I also thought the DB files are only for the DLCs and that I need the normal ones too.

The merge file is not active btw.

The DB files are complete and don't need the other files. The For the Masses mod and the Cloaks mod modify the same thing - outfit lists. Unfortunately Wrye Bash will not do anything with outfits and adding the belts to any other location would end up with them not equipping. To use the FtM mod and any of the cloaks mods a patch needs made. The merge files only contain the leveled list information since that is usable by Wrye Bash.

The new version of FtM that is in testing also adds items to the outfits so a patch will be needed for it as well. I will try and have one ready for when the new version is released.

I'm using the no-NPC DB version of the mod, but I did notice that Carlotta Valentia is wearing a Padded Collar, although it doesn't appear in her inventory when I try to pickpocket...

If you want to get rid of it open the console, click on her and resurrect her, it will reset her outfit. The reason it does not show is it is part of her outfit which is separate from the regular inventory. The new version will equip them to the normal inventory so they are removable.

I'm using the no-NPC DB version of the mod, but I did notice that Carlotta Valentia is wearing a Padded Collar, although it doesn't appear in her inventory when I try to pickpocket...

If you want to get rid of it open the console, click on her and resurrect her, it will reset her outfit. The reason it does not show is it is part of her outfit which is separate from the regular inventory. The new version will equip them to the normal inventory so they are removable.

Thanks.

I was just wandering why the collar was there if I'm using the no-NPC version. Thought I did something wrong somewhere.

I know a number of mods that use MCM menus have this problem from time to time I have not seen where anyone has really nailed down what the cause is.

Try this for me (make a save in case this screws things up):

In the console, type: sqv ftmmenu

Look for the state (should be visible) and see if it is running or not.

If not, enter in the console: resetquest ftmmenu then sqv ftmmenu again to see if it is running. If so, check the menu.

So . . .

Maybe it's my age showing, but of the 5 files in the download . . .

I don't need either of the "cloaks" (don't use the mod)

I don't need the save update guide ( not going to try)

However, do I need both FTM II downloads if I have Dragonborn DLC?

Or just the one that says "DB"?

Thanks.