Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

Having a couple of strange problems related to this mod and I'm hoping someone can help...

Last night, I installed Mod Organizer, didn't like it and removed it. After it was gone, I started having problems with BOSS and the Dual Sheath Redux patch that were related to this mod.

With BOSS, it started moving one of the Devious Devices esps out of order so when I would run TES5edit, I would get an error and have to fix the load order.

With the Dual Sheath Redux patch, it would fail and I would get a warning that one of the Devious Devices esps was missing a master. I've tried removing and deleting Devious Devices Integration, Devious Devices Assets and Devious Devices For The Masses and reinstalling them but I keep getting this warning from the Dual Sheath Redux patch about the missing master.

I've attached a screenshot of the error message.

My save game is working great but I know if I want to add any new weapon or object mods, I'm going to need to be able to run the Dual Sheath Redux patch.

post-218471-0-19543300-1387354971_thumb.jpg

Having a couple of strange problems related to this mod and I'm hoping someone can help...

Last night, I installed Mod Organizer, didn't like it and removed it. After it was gone, I started having problems with BOSS and the Dual Sheath Redux patch that were related to this mod.

With BOSS, it started moving one of the Devious Devices esps out of order so when I would run TES5edit, I would get an error and have to fix the load order.

With the Dual Sheath Redux patch, it would fail and I would get a warning that one of the Devious Devices esps was missing a master. I've tried removing and deleting Devious Devices Integration, Devious Devices Assets and Devious Devices For The Masses and reinstalling them but I keep getting this warning from the Dual Sheath Redux patch about the missing master.

I've attached a screenshot of the error message.

My save game is working great but I know if I want to add any new weapon or object mods, I'm going to need to be able to run the Dual Sheath Redux patch.

Deactivate the esp ending in merge and activate the other one. The merge file is for use with the bashed patch from Wrye Bash (even for that it does not need to be active) and uses the other esp as a master.

Edit: I changed the install instructions - the merge esp does not need to be active in the load order but if using a bashed patch should be above the bashed patch so it is picked up by it.

The new version has been released but is just the random distribution. I am nearly finished with the store and will be making a separate download and thread for it.

The new version will give you a chance to find keys sooner and in more places. Min has a patch that fixes the messages and duplication of items and I recommend you install it.

Will there be a version, or option for only females to wear the belts and plugs?

I'm currently seeing a lot of guys wearing the belt and plugs, wich is something I don't like to much, plus it makes me wonder where they are supposed put the second plug.

Are they such manwhores that they both fit in the ass?

Just my 2 cents

The new version has been released but is just the random distribution. I am nearly finished with the store and will be making a separate download and thread for it.

The new version will give you a chance to find keys sooner and in more places. Min has a patch that fixes the messages and duplication of items and I recommend you install it.

Will there be a version, or option for only females to wear the belts and plugs?

I'm currently seeing a lot of guys wearing the belt and plugs, wich is something I don't like to much, plus it makes me wonder where they are supposed put the second plug.

Are they such manwhores that they both fit in the ass?

Just my 2 cents

Not having men use belts would have to be done in one of two ways:

A- Min would have to have the belts aware of the gender of the user or

B- I would have to build new outfit lists for the female NPC then change all the female NPC's to use those lists.

A third option is to build items for the men (which I am looking into) but without Min adding gender detection the dialogue would be the same (male dialogue would be needed). Until there is a demand for it Min is not going to do it as there are a number of other things to do. As for 2 plugs for men, they can use a second one but it is rather... different from the womens vaginal plug.

Where is this patch you mentioned? I can't find it.

Where is this patch you mentioned? I can't find it.

I had intended to release version 2.5.6 of Integration by now, but ended up hitting a Bug with Sexlab 1.3's API. Have to wait until Sexlab 1.3.1 is out to release the next update (Which will contain the fix by default).

So, for now use the patch, which can be found on post #889 of the Integration thread.

Just want to try this out, but is it me or the non-DB FTM No NPC files still requires Dragonborn as one of its master?

That and is it okay for me to go w/o making a merge patch? Liking the idea that the keys are out there (with fakes even).

Well, apparently that was my screw up, put the Dragonborn files in the non Dragonborn zip as well. I uploaded the correct version, sorry about the mix up.

Just want to try this out, but is it me or the non-DB FTM No NPC files still requires Dragonborn as one of its master?

That and is it okay for me to go w/o making a merge patch? Liking the idea that the keys are out there (with fakes even).

Well, apparently that was my screw up, put the Dragonborn files in the non Dragonborn zip as well. I uploaded the correct version, sorry about the mix up.

No worries and thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a Chastity Key with a Bandit, I would like to know if there are differences between the Bra, Padded and Iron CB?

Thank you.

All the belts and the bra use the same key, all the restraints (cuffs and collars) use the same key. There are fake keys out there and the chance to find a real one or a fake is the same.

All the belts and the bra use the same key, all the restraints (cuffs and collars) use the same key. There are fake keys out there and the chance to find a real one or a fake is the same.

Guess mine is a fake one then...  :(

Thanks for answering.

Thanks for answering.

That feeling of anticipation and then disappointment is a killer. I was doing the Live a Deviant Life start and went through 4 fake keys before I found a real one to get the gag off (3 days in game). What made it worse is I have it set to destroy keys on use.

I am working on an update to For the Masses. I have some scripting to figure out but I am looking to add items via a token and script setup. The token is given to anyone who may get a belt and the script controls if it is applied to them. This will allow settings to be changed via MCM menu.

Some of what will and what I hope to add:

Males no longer get items except via loot

Control the chance of items being worn

Control if other devices are added besides a belt and what the chances are

Control the chance of keys being found (hopefully, not sure yet)

Using the script will have some other benefits: 

Less stress on the belt activation scripts (less items with no males and script will check for a belt and skip the process if there is one already there)

Items being in inventory instead of tied into the outfit so they can be removed by the player

The first test script to add the items is nearly done. After testing that it is on to adding the MCM menu and other features. I still need to figure out the MCM menus yet though.

Thanks for answering.

That feeling of anticipation and then disappointment is a killer. I was doing the Live a Deviant Life start and went through 4 fake keys before I found a real one to get the gag off (3 days in game). What made it worse is I have it set to destroy keys on use.

Exactly! Are you playing on the highest difficult too? I didn't know I could change the chances of picklocking before starting the mod, now its too late... Isn't fun not being able to speak and then choosing what to keep after killing enemies because you are over encumbered.

Its fun and frustrating...  :dodgy:

I am working on an update to For the Masses. I have some scripting to figure out but I am looking to add items via a token and script setup. The token is given to anyone who may get a belt and the script controls if it is applied to them. This will allow settings to be changed via MCM menu.

Less stress on the belt activation scripts (less items with no males and script will check for a belt and skip the process if there is one already there)

Items being in inventory instead of tied into the outfit so they can be removed by the player

The first test script to add the items is nearly done. After testing that it is on to adding the MCM menu and other features. I still need to figure out the MCM menus yet though.

NOW please... Hope you don't deny changes if you are already belted...

Just kidding.  :(

Thanks for answering.

Exactly! Are you playing on the highest difficult too? I didn't know I could change the chances of picklocking before starting the mod, now its too late... Isn't fun not being able to speak and then choosing what to keep after killing enemies because you are over encumbered.

Its fun and frustrating...  :dodgy:

I started on the highest difficulty (from version 0.7) but the one thing I did do was make my character a werewolf but I am also using Realistic Needs. I think for 3 days the only way she ate was as a werewolf and I cleared about 5-6 bandit camps before I found a key for the gag. I am also using Surrender with the Devious Devices addon and was caught the day after I got the gag off. Was another day before I found another key to get it off again.

NOW please... Hope you don't deny changes if you are already belted...

Just kidding.  :(

I am testing the token that will add the belts now. I will probably add the chance for those that don't get a belt to get a key.

Well, so far the script works so now I am going to work on figuring out how to add the MCM menu.

What I am thinking of trying to do is: NPC's receive a token as part of their outfit (added to the same ones that can get belts now). You can set the chance for the npc to have Chastity Belt by the MCM menu. If so then they have a chance at having other items also set through the MCM menu and each item. The items could also be set to not appear on them at all. If an npc does not get a belt then they have a chance to have one of the keys also set by the menu. The chances would be the same for all npc's though I may make multiple tokens for different npc types later.

Of course all this hinges on me figuring out the MCM menus.

Getting there step by step. I still need to do some formatting and adjusting of text but this will give you an idea of the menus

This should be pretty customizable.

Are you going to disable the menus while you are locked?

I probably will though how soon depends on how hard it is to do. I have been looking at the scripts from Integration and picking up things here and there. I probably don't need to lock them all, just the Key menu so people don't try to take the quick way out. I may also cap the slider for the keys somewhere between 10% and 20%, probably closer to 10%.

I will probably create a second token and menu set for loot items but will need a different way of adding the items since the current one is a magical effect on the token.

Are you going to disable the menus while you are locked?

I probably will though how soon depends on how hard it is to do. I have been looking at the scripts from Integration and picking up things here and there. I probably don't need to lock them all, just the Key menu so people don't try to take the quick way out. I may also cap the slider for the keys somewhere between 10% and 20%, probably closer to 10%.

I will probably create a second token and menu set for loot items but will need a different way of adding the items since the current one is a magical effect on the token.

Sounds great, hope you find all the information you need.  :lol: