@w234aew I'm also playing SE and using the SE version of this mod. I tried uninstalling Hormones in an ongoing game and couldn't decrease my arousal through sex, so it seems something was broken there, but I need to do some more testing to confirm another mod isn't responsible. I would still be very careful about setting high values if I were you though, or even using the mod in a serious playthrough. It's obviously not finished and DeepBlueFrog doesn't have enough time to work on it.

I also noticed you play a female character but you have more male hormones than female. Seems weird. Maybe try decreasing the male hormone setting, unless you want to turn into something weird.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, DeepBlueFrog said:

There are many ways to trigger the curse:

- Sex with Daedra or Dremoras (like the Outcasts or any Dremora race NPC from other mods)

- Sex with Honey, a Bimbo on a small island on Lake Rumare

- Fix a cursed scroll (Cracked Tusk Keep maybe)

- or manually using the menu

Make sure you have the Bimbo Curse checked in the menu as well or the curse will not trigger.

Wouldn't it make more sense if you turned into a bimbo if you have a lot of sex? For example there could be a risk after having sex five times a day, which would increase with every act until the next day. That's how I thought it would work. I don't see how dremoras and bimbos have anything to do with. Dremoras and succubuses are more related in that case.

3 hours ago, Inception said:

@w234aew I'm also playing SE and using the SE version of this mod. I tried uninstalling Hormones in an ongoing game and couldn't decrease my arousal through sex, so it seems something was broken there, but I need to do some more testing to confirm another mod isn't responsible. I would still be very careful about setting high values if I were you though, or even using the mod in a serious playthrough. It's obviously not finished and DeepBlueFrog doesn't have enough time to work on it.

I also noticed you play a female character but you have more male hormones than female. Seems weird. Maybe try decreasing the male hormone setting, unless you want to turn into something weird.

The male hormone thing is like that on startup. It disappears with time (and sex).

The hormones themselves are definitely broken. I've considered just setting them in the scripts and recompiling them so that when it overrides, it just overrides to the values I want.

I'll give that a try.

EDIT: I tracked down the values that keep re-applying, they're in slh_fcthormoneslevels, as the default values for races. The MCM is clearly not saving the settings.

30 minutes ago, w234aew said:

The male hormone thing is like that on startup. It disappears with time (and sex).

The hormones themselves are definitely broken. I've considered just setting them in the scripts and recompiling them so that when it overrides, it just overrides to the values I want.

I'll give that a try.

EDIT: I tracked down the values that keep re-applying, they're in slh_fcthormoneslevels, as the default values for races. The MCM is clearly not saving the settings.

If you have researched the issue, it would save me time if you can point me where in that script the values are being overwritten.

I will add that to my list of things to look into.

At the moment, I am knee deep is a structural rewrite of Parasites.

57 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

If you have researched the issue, it would save me time if you can point me where in that script the values are being overwritten.

The values in function setHormoneLevelsRacialMod are overwriting the MCM settings. I tested it by recompiling my script with different values in the relevant race section (for me, "generic race", also changed "breton"). Was able to change them on an in-progress game and have the changed script values overwrite.

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Will the next version of Parasites require a new game? In that case I should play without it for now since I'm starting a new game.

30 minutes ago, Inception said:

Will the next version of Parasites require a new game? In that case I should play without it for now since I'm starting a new game.

I am trying to not have to start a new game. 

It is mostly about making the scripts more modular.

The main script is getting too long, especially as I have a few parasites to add with the Spriggan quest.

An internal reorganization is necessary.

13 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I am trying to not have to start a new game. 

It is mostly about making the scripts more modular.

The main script is getting too long, especially as I have a few parasites to add with the Spriggan quest.

An internal reorganization is necessary.

Okay. Do you have an ETA for it? It doesn't do anything for me in the beginning of the game so I can wait awhile.

4 minutes ago, Inception said:

Okay. Do you have an ETA for it? It doesn't do anything for me in the beginning of the game so I can wait awhile.

That will depend on how bad things are when I am ready to test things again... if it goes well, the new version will be available at the end of the month.

I'm using hormones on SE, how can I make it work together wit SLIF? Right now, hormones is detected by SLIF, but weird things happen (torpedo boobs)

PS: using CBA body. Checked and SLH was the only mod working on boobs in SLIF

Spoiler

ScreenShot1.png.cf5acabe8f9f845ed2ae35aca4a05d94.png

Seems to get solved by unchecking "enable NiOverride nodes" ore something like that (top-right in the body changes page of the mcm if i'm not wrong). Everything seems fine now :)

4 hours ago, xyzfs said:

So, according to the table, there is no way except using SD+ to make the Female hormone go down? Will it go down over time then?

Maybe on the future SLH can have "hormonal potions" that affect your hormone levels, possibly causing your character to trigger/resist triggering certain types of curses over the time.

There are also some scrolls hidden in the game that change your hormone levels, but I don't know which hormones they change.

2 hours ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

Maybe on the future SLH can have "hormonal potions" that affect your hormone levels, possibly causing your character to trigger/resist triggering certain types of curses over the time.

There are also some scrolls hidden in the game that change your hormone levels, but I don't know which hormones they change.

I started adding some potions but I still have ways to go to add potions for all hormones.

Get the recipe book from Anise's Cabin near Riverwood to unlock them.

4 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I started adding some potions but I still have ways to go to add potions for all hormones.

Get the recipe book from Anise's Cabin near Riverwood to unlock them.

Overarching thing I noticed in SE (disregarding the Hormone sliders being broken): The bimbo curse advancement is no longer reliable.

What I mean is, what used to be pretty reliable to trigger (once per day advancement of the curse, provided the PC has enough sex) is no longer the case. How is it supposed to advance now?

44 minutes ago, w234aew said:

Overarching thing I noticed in SE (disregarding the Hormone sliders being broken): The bimbo curse advancement is no longer reliable.

What I mean is, what used to be pretty reliable to trigger (once per day advancement of the curse, provided the PC has enough sex) is no longer the case. How is it supposed to advance now?

It used to trigger every day when you wake up (every midnight actually).

It is now triggered every in game 24h from the time you installed the update (if it was 10 in the morning in your game - not in real time - when you updated, then the Bimbo curse will trigger the next day at 10 in the morning).

22 minutes ago, Nazguli Tyvek said:

quick question, I've never played with this mod before but does this mod effect just the PC or does it also effect NPC's as well?

Just the PC for now for most things.

NPCs are only affected by Lactation hormones if you have also SexLab Stories installed.

Little idea that i had.

What if the bimbo transformation wasn't based on days like it currently is, but on how much orgams you had while being a bimbo?

Each stage would need an increasing number of orgasms to reach it. Could be cool for roleplaying purposes (Trying to resist the curse and the horny or succumbing to it)
Could probably use SLSO to count the orgams and the mechanics it has to prevent them.

Probably could be added as an option for alternate curse progression.

On 5/11/2021 at 11:32 PM, xyzfs said:

I'm using hormones on SE, how can I make it work together wit SLIF? Right now, hormones is detected by SLIF, but weird things happen (torpedo boobs)

PS: using CBA body. Checked and SLH was the only mod working on boobs in SLIF

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot1.png.cf5acabe8f9f845ed2ae35aca4a05d94.png

Seems to get solved by unchecking "enable NiOverride nodes" ore something like that (top-right in the body changes page of the mcm if i'm not wrong). Everything seems fine now

Nope, the problem came back after a scene. Any idea on how to address it?

Seems like the problem is related to cursed loot instead. Moved the question in that support thread. Leaving the comments here too for reference

Hiya, Enjoying the mod, I really like the effects and it runs alongside my playstyle quite well - so first and foremost thanks for making the mod itself and putting it out to public!

I've got one or two issues, first and foremost being I can't remove curses using the MCM. My character has been a Bimbo for 30 days (one of the few mod heavy saves I've had that can last that bloody long!) so far and when I untick the box it asks me to close the menu & wait a few seconds.. then does nothing. Same happens if I activate the succubus curse, it turns on but there's no way I can turn it off via menu. No CTD's or other game breaking issues, just noted I can't turn the curse off if I want to which is obviously annoying. I was wondering if there was a console command to remove the curse or if it's a known issue? 

Second is a bit less of a problem - I like the bimbo curse for the in game effects (giggling, tripping etc) but the tattoos aren't something I'm after - obviously when my character is full bimbo the system refreshes tattoos I don't want daily. Any chance of including an option to not have these in future updates? I've simply removed the texture files but they still take up a slot in slavetats, otherwise I wouldn't even mention it.

Thanks again for the time you've put in to this mod

On 5/14/2021 at 2:18 AM, vocal said:

Little idea that i had.

What if the bimbo transformation wasn't based on days like it currently is, but on how much orgams you had while being a bimbo?

Each stage would need an increasing number of orgasms to reach it. Could be cool for roleplaying purposes (Trying to resist the curse and the horny or succumbing to it)
Could probably use SLSO to count the orgams and the mechanics it has to prevent them.

Probably could be added as an option for alternate curse progression.

I didn't want to pile on top of what plans already exist for future developments, but I've felt this same way for a while.

The bimbo curse carries a lot of perilous implications, but once you've played enough times to know where two Dremora Outcasts are, it's just a matter of killing one, taking the heart, and giving it to the other, as long as you do it within 15 days.  The ease and relative simplicity of this really takes the teeth out of the curse - all of the curses, actually.

If I were to go off on my own tangent...

Each of the curses should be perceived as a... curse!  A horrific taint upon the character.  While the bimbo curse taints the mind and body together towards vacuous lust and all its pursuits, the TG and sex change curses should be seen as threats to the character's sense of identity.

For Sex Change, imagine this quest: Upon being hit with the curse, Dremora Outcasts will tell you of a ruin, out there in the western Haafingar region, that is teeming with an energy very similar to that which they feel emanating from you - that if you were to seek answers, that is where they most likely would be.  Subsequently, every companion you've ever had rejects the idea that this man is the woman they once knew (or vice-versa) until you convince them to join you to go through that (particularly difficult) dungeon to reverse the curse.  Yet... all throughout the dungeon are little triggers, things that spur you to consider that "Maybe this is how I was always supposed to be...", until the very end, where you finally get to make the decision to either undo this curse or embrace it as "your true nature".  Either way, the companion finally acknowledges that you are who you say you are, and promises to send word to all of your other companions, such that this quest wraps up neatly for the playing experience.

For Transgenderism: Once the opposite sex organs have manifested, you must seek help.  Again, the Outcasts will tell you of the same ruin, yet warn you: The energies that permeate those ruins might accelerate your changes, unless you go in with some form of protection.  You must hunt down a sorcerer who holds a book which teaches of an enchantment.  Upon killing this sorcerer and learning the enchantment, you must apply it to a specific jeweled necklace (lore: it holds a specific combination of gems which harness and synergize with the enchantment in a very unique way) which a particular merchant in Solitude is going to sell very soon (you either have to have a lot of money, a very high Speech skill, an incredible Pickpocket skill, or be willing to kill and deal with bounties).  With the special enchantment applied to the specific necklace, you will be able to venture through the ruins unaffected by its transformative energies.  Get to the end, and you will be rid of your curse.  Or not - you might have spent enough time like this that you want to stay this way.  You can choose to do that, too, in which case you will remain imbued with Duality, neither strictly male nor female.

Alternatively, if you enter the ruin without the "protection", you will be almost guaranteed to undergo the full transition to the opposite sex.  You will be trapped, your hormones will be realigned to complete the change, and you will be given no option except to sleep (protected from incidental Parasites, though) to undergo the change.  After that, you will wake up outside the ruin, fully as the opposite sex, with a book (call it, perhaps, "Artifice of Familiarity") that, upon reading, gives the player a choice:

1) Supersede all companions' "You're not who you say you are" element of the Sex Change storyline and prevent that quest from firing

2) Start the quest to reverse the sex change, as it is described above.

Or... you could just let the hormones do what they may.  Maybe you'll stay transgender.  Maybe you'll eventually fully switch over to the other sex.

TL;DR:

-Make the curses more personally impactful and quest-oriented

-Sex change curse: Get a companion.  Do a dungeon.  Kill things.  Solve traps.  Make a choice.

-Transgender curse: Kill a guy.  Steal his work.  Steal another thing.  Enchant stuff.  Do a dungeon.  Make a choice.  Maybe make another choice.

i wonder if anyone has taken the latest update to SE yet.

i kinda dropped using LE atleast for now, because i always seem to run into the problem of the game slowing down after awhile. And with how many mods i have it would be hard to pinpoint the culprit, Even fallrimtools come out with nothing no high active scripts no orphans, just something fucked my game and i don't know what, worst part is the occurrence is pretty random, but one consistence it usually occurs around npc populated areas. Restarting game solves the issue momentarily..

Alright i kinda went on a tangent here but yeah i am sticking with SE for now.

On 5/17/2021 at 9:26 PM, LinksSword said:

i wonder if anyone has taken the latest update to SE yet.

i kinda dropped using LE atleast for now, because i always seem to run into the problem of the game slowing down after awhile. And with how many mods i have it would be hard to pinpoint the culprit, Even fallrimtools come out with nothing no high active scripts no orphans, just something fucked my game and i don't know what, worst part is the occurrence is pretty random, but one consistence it usually occurs around npc populated areas. Restarting game solves the issue momentarily..

Alright i kinda went on a tangent here but yeah i am sticking with SE for now.

I had random CTD when using LE on my new PC. I latter found out that the frame rates had to be slowed down to below 60 fps by using a memory hack. I still had a lot of problems with it though and so gave up and moved to SE. 

I am using the SE versions of hormones, SD+ and SL Stories. I honestly can't see any issues with any of them yet. 

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

I had random CTD when using LE on my new PC. I latter found out that the frame rates had to be slowed down to below 60 fps by using a memory hack. I still had a lot of problems with it though and so gave up and moved to SE. 

I am using the SE versions of hormones, SD+ and SL Stories. I honestly can't see any issues with any of them yet. 

i mean i ran into fair problems with SE, pretty sure due to the mod Wet and Cold, i heard alot about it causing issues for people the SE version anyways. 

I experienced alot of freezing no ctd's just freezing and so far they seem to have stopped since i opted to use any of the equipment from Wet and Cold.