From the deeps SE (new version)

From the deeps SE (new version)

View File

FROM THE DEEPS (new version) : A Lovecraftian adventure for Skyrim.

Want to support me? Visit my Patreon ! https://www.patreon.com/Delzaron

The first point

• A lovecraft like story, with a large Inquiry part, and two way to finish it : joining the cult, or destroying it.
  • An ambition to make a thief like mod, centered about his story. Very few but harsh fights. It's a massive rewrite of the actual From The Deeps mod, and it will replace it in time.
  • Most player choices will lead to consequences (include the sex scenes, almost all avoidable, but with consequences)
  • Female players designed mod

TOTALLY INCOMPATIBLE WITH FROM THE DEEPS redone ! (that version will be deleted soon as FTD new version will advance !)

Dependendies :

• SexLab
  • Dragonborn
  • ZAZ

Soft requirement :

• XPMS skeleton.
  • More Nasty critters (sex scene with Lurkers, seekers, and rieklings)

About the content :

• chapter 1 : the inquiries. 4 women disapeared accros skyrim coastal settlements, you're hired as mercenary by a vigilant of Stendarr to seek them (mostly done, need polish).
  • Chapter 2 (mostly done) : inquiry in the isolated island of Insmouth, and discover what is lurking inside this secluded village.

In the future

• chapter 3 and 4...
  • several endings, according to player choices and performances.
  • several metrics to register player progression : corruption, perversion (player sexual acts), hints, sanity (in progress).

Some of players actions consequences are the change of metrics.

• Perversion (sexual acts)
  • Corruption (willing to serve evil)
  • sanity (chapter 2)
  • some global variables (register player choices)

Permissions :

• Use the mod assets as you want. Original assets belongs to their authors.
  • You're not allowed to upload that mod in other places than LL or Nexus, whitout the authors permission.

Ressources and other mods used :
- Comvex Hermaus Mora Armor : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58062/?
- DixiePig for the tentacle armor.
- PS1 games Doom I and Nightmare creatures I for musics.

- Garry Chang, for the Storm of the centurie ost.

- screenshots of Necronicon pages by Zarono (I bought two for my call of cthulhu rpg parties. It"s letter format, but the look is quite good) : https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/364721269795318334/

Edited by Delzaron

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/20/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    dragonborn, sexlab, fuz ro doh
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

Screenshot(1379).png.71aca9a6b4f2838e5d180a699243be62.pngThe four quests:

Solitude: No bugs. 

Dawnstar: Small bug(related to not giving player control after the rock, paper scissors-solvable via EnablePlayerControls)

Windhelm-No bugs.

Winterhold: Guessing this is where the "polish" part of description is about. If I enter without the Nial I am attacked by rieklings(so that recruit part is not optional). If I remember correctly in the previous versions, that one riekling should be near the entrance to the cave and he should lead you all the way to the chieftain(he stands near the boar pen and you can talk to him only if you have the npc present).

All in all pretty stable version so far.

Few recommendations for the future:

Make the Rieklings repeatable after higher score perversion/corruption counter. Same goes for that guy in Dawnstar.

Maybe you can expand content to the Red Wave itself. Very few mods use it, and most of them are old as bible. 

Thank you for the quick port once again.

ps-There is also this timer always showing in the upper left corner, but it is nothing game breaking.

pps-Insmouth going great so far.

Talking to Knyva(and going through sex route)- HARD RESTART CTD!!! All three times I had to restart the pc manually. Scene begins, it goes to a black screen(as if teleported to another cell and it freezes).

Edited by wHOaMiEH
46 minutes ago, wHOaMiEH said:

Screenshot(1379).png.71aca9a6b4f2838e5d180a699243be62.pngThe four quests:

Solitude: No bugs. 

Dawnstar: Small bug(related to not giving player control after the rock, paper scissors-solvable via EnablePlayerControls)

Windhelm-No bugs.

Winterhold: Guessing this is where the "polish" part of description is about. If I enter without the Nial I am attacked by rieklings(so that recruit part is not optional). If I remember correctly in the previous versions, that one riekling should be near the entrance to the cave and he should lead you all the way to the chieftain(he stands near the boar pen and you can talk to him only if you have the npc present).

All in all pretty stable version so far.

Few recommendations for the future:

Make the Rieklings repeatable after higher score perversion/corruption counter. Same goes for that guy in Dawnstar.

Maybe you can expand content to the Red Wave itself. Very few mods use it, and most of them are old as bible. 

Thank you for the quick port once again.

ps-There is also this timer always showing in the upper left corner, but it is nothing game breaking.

pps-Insmouth going great so far.

thx

Dawnstar : i'll add that line at stage 200, when you need to talk to Norren.

Winterhold : it's nor normal the rieklings are hostile. At stage 110, you receive the riekling faction, they are set to be friendly the other people in the riekling faction.

there is more now. Did you played the quests in Insmouth ? 4 are available, but 2 have a bugged launch, they need to be setstage 0 (aftd2_inquiry_temple and aftd2_inquiry_virginhead). aftd2_insmouth have a progression problem too, I need to test a solution, setstage it.

About the Rieklings : you'll get the possibility to meet them again at chapter 3, with Nuai.

Once you studied the stone a little further, you'll learn you need to go to another ruin. You will need to make a choice :

- join the riekling tribe with Nuai (you'll receive rieklings outfit)

- prepare an expedition with the college (no rieklings fun ).

If your perversion is too high, you will only get the choice to join the rieklings.

My idea is simple : a short hallucinated mountain trip, on the traces of the Old ones.

You'll meet again the guy in Dawnstar, with his friend Ulwa and a pair of others. Klegrim thinks he's member of the cult, and he wants you to spie them.

I don't have ideas yet to use the redwave... maybe using them to bring back Susana to Solitude, if she's still alive at end of chapter 2 (i planeed some bad ends). A quest line will occur at solitude ar chapter 3, but it concerns a circle of nobles seeking pleasure and ancient artifacts... maybe I could involve the red wave pirates here.

The last quest line in chpater 3 are the dreams. Its intricated with all the others. It's here you'll receive the choice to join the cult or not, to pass the third oath, to become a priestess...

Chapter 4 will be short : it will be centered on the invokation of Dagon. The choices you made during the previous chapters will decide the end you'll get.

these timers is the way I found to make all the sex scenes occurs whitouth collapsing each others.

each 10 secs, it test if player and other necessary npcs are in sexlabanimating faction. if yes, a new cycle of 10 secs is launch.

If the actors all finished their animation, the quest progress to the next stage.

Edited by Delzaron
16 hours ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi Delzaron, I just download your mod today. Just want to ask, how am I start the enquires in Winterhold academy? I got the lead from Vigilent but do not know who to speak. I try almost all NPC there, no new dialogue show.

No need to be part of the college. Just pass Faralda, use an unlock command to force open the college gate.

I'll add a script line to make it.

Talk to the professors, like the one of conjuration. You can talk also to some student.

Edited by Delzaron
1 hour ago, Delzaron said:

thx

Dawnstar : i'll add that line at stage 200, when you need to talk to Norren.

Winterhold : it's nor normal the rieklings are hostile. At stage 110, you receive the riekling faction, they are set to be friendly the other people in the riekling faction.

there is more now. Did you played the quests in Insmouth ? 4 are available, but 2 have a bugged launch, they need to be setstage 0 (aftd2_inquiry_temple and aftd2_inquiry_virginhead). aftd2_insmouth have a progression problem too, I need to test a solution, setstage it.

About the Rieklings : you'll get the possibility to meet them again at chapter 3, with Nuai.

Once you studied the stone a little further, you'll learn you need to go to another ruin. You will need to make a choice :

- join the riekling tribe with Nuai (you'll receive rieklings outfit)

- prepare an expedition with the college (no rieklings fun ).

If your perversion is too high, you will only get the choice to join the rieklings.

My idea is simple : a short hallucinated mountain trip, on the traces of the Old ones.

You'll meet again the guy in Dawnstar, with his friend Ulwa and a pair of others. Klegrim thinks he's member of the cult, and he wants you to spie them.

I don't have ideas yet to use the redwave... maybe using them to bring back Susana to Solitude, if she's still alive at end of chapter 2 (i planeed some bad ends). A quest line will occur at solitude ar chapter 3, but it concerns a circle of nobles seeking pleasure and ancient artifacts... maybe I could involve the red wave pirates here.

The last quest line in chpater 3 are the dreams. Its intricated with all the others. It's here you'll receive the choice to join the cult or not, to pass the third oath, to become a priestess...

Chapter 4 will be short : it will be centered on the invokation of Dagon. The choices you made during the previous chapters will decide the end you'll get.

these timers is the way I found to make all the sex scenes occurs whitouth collapsing each others.

each 10 secs, it test if player and other necessary npcs are in sexlabanimating faction. if yes, a new cycle of 10 secs is launch.

If the actors all finished their animation, the quest progress to the next stage.

Will continue during the afternoon. Currently stoped on Knyva and will skip the sex path until its fixed(as I said, there is a bug which makes me restart the computer manually). 

Further testing pending. Will let you know if there are more serious bugs(like the one mentioned above). Outside of Knyva everything was relatively smooth sailing.

Hi Delzaron. I progress up to Rielking tribe. There are some problems in this quest. I cannot talk to the chieftain of the tribe. I can see the dialogue but cannot press it to see chieftain's dialogue. When I use console command to progress it, I still cannot speak to Chieftain. It seems that Chieftain's dialogue got some progblems.

On 10/21/2023 at 2:03 PM, kamenlollo said:

hi, i made the first time the prostitution quest, is this repetable? i need to wait or do something to accept it another time?

Currently, the main quest is bugged and without setstage you will not be able to complete the 4 quests already available in the game and thus complete the prostitution quest 4 times.

Ok so here is the thing: following objectives work in most case, but every SL scene I enter in Insmouth ends with needing to manually restart the computer. @Delzaron

To those who played: do any of you have a same problem? Screen goes to black and freezes. Cannot close Skyrim with control panel or anything else?

Also if you deny Kynva talk to Kynva again does not register as completed. Managed to talk to brothel owner and even get the first customer(but as said above it freezes).

Got the popup about the inquiry and choose Zadok.

Screenshot (1380).png

2 hours ago, wHOaMiEH said:

Cannot close Skyrim with control panel or anything else?

Install "pskill" from SysinternalsSuite, create batch file meant to kill SkyrimSE.exe process, create shortcut for that batch(*), flag this "run as administrator", assign some 3-4key combo keyboard shortcut to it. Then when game hangs and alt tab takes you to limbo, use that shortcut while there (may not always work, due to UAC "popup" that also may not work at this point), in which case, remember keyboard sequence that opens administrative(!) terminal window(**), so then blindly type in from keyboard (just) a name of your batch and hit enter. Shorter the name - easier to remember and type it in, if it's on the Path - just name will suffice.

*) preferably both should be somewhere on the Path, at least batch should be in case you will have to run it via terminal window

**) or always have one opened in the background when starting (any) game, so you should be able to ALT-TAB into it (it should be possible as long as window manager is not dead)

17 minutes ago, PippinTom said:

Install "pskill" from SysinternalsSuite, create batch file meant to kill SkyrimSE.exe process, create shortcut for that batch(*), flag this "run as administrator", assign some 3-4key combo keyboard shortcut to it. Then when game hangs and alt tab takes you to limbo, use that shortcut while there (may not always work, due to UAC "popup" that also may not work at this point), in which case, remember keyboard sequence that opens administrative(!) terminal window(**), so then blindly type in from keyboard (just) a name of your batch and hit enter. Shorter the name - easier to remember and type it in, if it's on the Path - just name will suffice.

*) preferably both should be somewhere on the Path, at least batch should be in case you will have to run it via terminal window

**) or always have one opened in the background when starting (any) game, so you should be able to ALT-TAB into it (it should be possible as long as window manager is not dead)

Thank you for this one! ❤️ 

On 10/21/2023 at 4:00 PM, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi Delzaron. I progress up to Rielking tribe. There are some problems in this quest. I cannot talk to the chieftain of the tribe. I can see the dialogue but cannot press it to see chieftain's dialogue. When I use console command to progress it, I still cannot speak to Chieftain. It seems that Chieftain's dialogue got some progblems.

Nope, the riekling hief dialogues works fine, for me at least. I think the problem is relatesd to your installation.

I got the same sometimes with AFS, and I never understood why it solved.

I had a question related to the riekling tribe. Is there sexual contant here yet. Also, I cannot figure out how to trigger the optional hire of Nuai (or a follower) to come along.

I also found a possible bug? When entering the cave and speaking to the riekling (captain?) two quest markers are created, one for the captain and one above the chief. When the captain and I get to the chief those markers don't go away, instead they stay there throughout the whole section. I talked to the chief, and the captain starts walking back to the entrance (which is normal behavior I think?). I kill the frost giant, the chief shows me the stone, I investigate and eventually I get sent back to the college to talk to Nuai, which ends the questline. The two markers stay there until the questline ends, I'm just wondering if that's the only bug or if I'm missing content.

EDIT: I was also wondering if there is more content to the Red Wave Ch.1 pirates. I've only seen the handjob, but I've been trying to parce the quest using SSEEDIT (because I can't figure it out) and it seems like there's an orgy? Also the Riekling chieftain has a perversion check, so is it best to save the Winterhold quest for last among the Ch.1 inquiries to stack perversion points?

Also, I really enjoy the mod so far. I haven't played the original, but the slow burn of figuring out the mystery while also partaking in some debauchery is a lot of fun. Cheers

Edited by tallman
more questions

Actually I also have a question - is this New Version compatible with Whatever body type player uses or does it enforce own like it was in previous one/port? I'm asking because I couldn't progress in it because of that - seeing my character's shapes being replaced by something/anything is a no go! for me so it got abandoned solely because of that.

On 10/23/2023 at 7:41 PM, tallman said:

I had a question related to the riekling tribe. Is there sexual contant here yet. Also, I cannot figure out how to trigger the optional hire of Nuai (or a follower) to come along.

I also found a possible bug? When entering the cave and speaking to the riekling (captain?) two quest markers are created, one for the captain and one above the chief. When the captain and I get to the chief those markers don't go away, instead they stay there throughout the whole section. I talked to the chief, and the captain starts walking back to the entrance (which is normal behavior I think?). I kill the frost giant, the chief shows me the stone, I investigate and eventually I get sent back to the college to talk to Nuai, which ends the questline. The two markers stay there until the questline ends, I'm just wondering if that's the only bug or if I'm missing content.

EDIT: I was also wondering if there is more content to the Red Wave Ch.1 pirates. I've only seen the handjob, but I've been trying to parce the quest using SSEEDIT (because I can't figure it out) and it seems like there's an orgy? Also the Riekling chieftain has a perversion check, so is it best to save the Winterhold quest for last among the Ch.1 inquiries to stack perversion points?

Also, I really enjoy the mod so far. I haven't played the original, but the slow burn of figuring out the mystery while also partaking in some debauchery is a lot of fun. Cheers

First, you need to elarn about Rosalie and the prostitute. So, you need to make windhelm quest BEFORE winterhold one.

If not, no prostitute, so no Nuai hiring.

If yes, just talk to Nuai before going to the rikelings.

You can also hire a follower.

yeah, sounds like an objective bug... i missed a setobjectivecompleted surely.

On 10/23/2023 at 9:53 PM, PippinTom said:

Actually I also have a question - is this New Version compatible with Whatever body type player uses or does it enforce own like it was in previous one/port? I'm asking because I couldn't progress in it because of that - seeing my character's shapes being replaced by something/anything is a no go! for me so it got abandoned solely because of that.

the assets I use (armor mostly), uses CBBE. Feel free to use bodyslide to adapt them to your preferences.

For now, all the clothes are vanilla, so no body requirement.

Where are you blocked exactly ?

The current mod outfits in the mod are currently unused at this stage of the mod.

- riekling outfit (bandit skimpy aermor CBBE and riekling headdress)

- priestress outfit (CBBE)

- parasite (maybe the one which causes you trouble, unused for now).

19 hours ago, Delzaron said:

the assets I use (armor mostly), uses CBBE. Feel free to use bodyslide to adapt them to your preferences.

For now, all the clothes are vanilla, so no body requirement.

Where are you blocked exactly ?

Yeah, partially my bad - I forgot that body issue appeared when mod's armors got into play, and those armors had reference body "embeded" (slot 32 requires body to pre-build with them). To be sure I've just checked meshes directory of the mod, and I see there nifs, with body in them that does not match mine, and at the same time, no bodyslide anywhere in the mod that would at least allow me (with limited effort) to switch/replace reference body and rebuild them. I know that without bodyslide files it's still possible, I just was probably too lazy at that time to do it; or back then I didn't even know if that was possible to "recreate" bodyslide from output _0/_1 nifs... So that was actual cause I abandoned play, not any quest progression technical issue. And you may be right, I remember it now - it was a parasite outfit that eventually made me go away.

Anyway, this time, when I have time to play and rig back and fully operational after ram fail, I'll try to make a bodyslide for my body and if so I'll share.

Hi, I took care of the giant in the Riekling cave, but when I returned, neither the chief or the warrior would speak to me.

I see a lot of comments about using setstage to frog leap these issues, but I have no idea what the name/id of the quest is to step over the glitch.

Anyone happen to know it?

thnx

11 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

Anyone happen to know it?

Sorry if that won't help you, is not what you expect, but for me it's cheapest way that works in most cases with most mods (linear quest works the best, however they are not always linear...) - If you know the ID of the quest you are in(*) - use in console

sqs <quest_ID>

to see at what stage you are currently, and how many stages are ahead. then

setstage <quest_ID> <stage_#>

where stage_# is the first number bigger than current one, close console and see if there is any change, if not, try next higher number on the list, and so on. Of course that should be last resort, because in complex mods, that can sometimes break things that you don't see yet, and later it will be too late to revert that with anything except reloading from previous save.

*) If you don't know the quest ID, open mod in xEdit and browse QUEST node - what you are searching for is value in second column - EditorID. Sometimes it's easier if mod authors put anything in third column, as Name, but even without that it's possible to figure out which item represents quest you are looking for, especially if you take a peek into rightside panel, where all details about quest are listed, including stages in details.

Ohhhhh nice!!! one of my favorites Quest mods in all loverslab is being upodated, thank you so much, I really liked it the first time I played (beside certains character being stuck in scripts) is really a gem, hope you the best, ill be testing as soon as get out of bruma and chapter 3 is out

Edited by Jack005
On 10/25/2023 at 9:45 PM, vaeile said:

Not sure why but this mod made my save games corrupted. After disabling I was able to use them...it would always happen right after the quest with the girl that went missing in Dawnstar.

Nevermind, it was on my end. Had a base engine bug with deleting old character saves. Great mod! sorry for the comment bloat.

13 hours ago, PippinTom said:

Sorry if that won't help you, is not what you expect, but for me it's cheapest way that works in most cases with most mods (linear quest works the best, however they are not always linear...) - If you know the ID of the quest you are in(*) - use in console

sqs <quest_ID>

to see at what stage you are currently, and how many stages are ahead. then

setstage <quest_ID> <stage_#>

where stage_# is the first number bigger than current one, close console and see if there is any change, if not, try next higher number on the list, and so on. Of course that should be last resort, because in complex mods, that can sometimes break things that you don't see yet, and later it will be too late to revert that with anything except reloading from previous save.

*) If you don't know the quest ID, open mod in xEdit and browse QUEST node - what you are searching for is value in second column - EditorID. Sometimes it's easier if mod authors put anything in third column, as Name, but even without that it's possible to figure out which item represents quest you are looking for, especially if you take a peek into rightside panel, where all details about quest are listed, including stages in details.

Thanks, I'm not unfamiliar with using the various quest/stage console commands (in fact, I'm quite comfortable using them). I'm just confused by the specific name for this one.

No matter though. I gave up and uninstalled the mod. It's a neat premise but it's broken.

Edited by anjenthedog
On 10/22/2023 at 8:49 PM, Delzaron said:

Nope, the riekling hief dialogues works fine, for me at least. I think the problem is relatesd to your installation.

I got the same sometimes with AFS, and I never understood why it solved.

I had same problem and it was that there was queued up events from sexlab/aroused creatures waiting.

Once all those were done, it worked.

Had some problem though with finding evidence in the cave of abduction.

No quest markers or directions that I could see.

Started to look outside the cave as well on beach, but nothing their either.

Also did not find any redwave sailors/slavers in solitude/harbor that could give directions.

If quests need to be done in sequential order it might be best to give them sequential as well.