2 hours ago, Splintered_Lizard said:

Sorry ahead of time for the newbie-type question, but I wish some clarification. This mod and another say I should start a new game. If I do, is it okay to go back to an older game after, or will the mods not load correctly in that older save file? Will they only work correctly on a brand new play-through?

What audhol said is unfortunately correct.

That said mod managers like Vortex have profiles so you can have totally different mod lists for different saves, I haven't played with it too much but from my little testing it seemed to work fine.

On 11/18/2023 at 5:09 PM, johntrine said:

so, i noticed when i or npc equips gags, 70% of the times, their mouth isnt in an open position but in closed. anyone here has any idea how to fix that?

I have noticed this as well. Doesn't occur with non-NG devious devices. I have also noticed that getting equipped with something HDT-enabled like the tail plugs my character turns invisible 90% of the time. Don't think I have ever had that happen with non-NG devious devices either.

I've already seen the comments about nipple piercing and armbinders not showing up properly (and yes I triple-checked that everything is built in bodyslide, the nifs are where they're supposed to be), so far I've noticed the elbowbinder, nipple piercings, corset (strict I think), as well as ebonite catsuit being transparent in-game, this is with DD-NG 0.2.9.

Another thing that happened is that public whore did not equip me with a collar when I think it should have. At least I don't remember it ever not doing that when starting collar enforcement.

Otherwise though this all looks very promising, the mod is *fast*, and not a single CTD in sight. The UD Abadon start (pretty much full set) equips instantly.

EDIT: Also Ebonite catsuit boots and abadon chastity

EDIT2: I have to confess something, it's rather embarrassing, at least 99% of stuff that didn't work was fixed by actually building the morph targets. And/or overwrite order. I distinctly remember bodyslide at one point writing to overwrite by default, not the skyrim base dir (does that have lower or higher priority? why would anyone put anything there?). And why isn't "build morphs" checked by default, it's one of those options that you touch exactly one per reinstall...

Edited by whydoihavetochooseaname
10 hours ago, HereBeTentacles said:

I have noticed this as well. Doesn't occur with non-NG devious devices. I have also noticed that getting equipped with something HDT-enabled like the tail plugs my character turns invisible 90% of the time. Don't think I have ever had that happen with non-NG devious devices either.

ahh. do this isnt just one guy issue. hope it is fixed.

9 hours ago, whydoihavetochooseaname said:

I've already seen the comments about nipple piercing and armbinders not showing up properly (and yes I triple-checked that everything is built in bodyslide, the nifs are where they're supposed to be), so far I've noticed the elbowbinder, nipple piercings, corset (strict I think), as well as ebonite catsuit being transparent in-game, this is with DD-NG 0.2.9.

Another thing that happened is that public whore did not equip me with a collar when I think it should have. At least I don't remember it ever not doing that when starting collar enforcement.

Otherwise though this all looks very promising, the mod is *fast*, and not a single CTD in sight. The UD Abadon start (pretty much full set) equips instantly.

EDIT: Also Ebonite catsuit boots and abadon chastity

yeah, i was told a fix is being worked on and will be available on discord. but i dont know which discord.

2 hours ago, johntrine said:

yeah, i was told a fix is being worked on and will be available on discord. but i dont know which discord.

Sorry I meant the DDNG discord, theres a link to it on the download page. I have uploaded a beta version of smp nipple piercngs with the same glow shaders as the vaginal ones if you wanna come try it. The armbinder I've made quite a lot of changes, theres some images of it again in the discord. I'm just tidying up the smp bones on it a bit so I should be uploading in a day or 2. Otherwise I would guess that this will all be included in the next beta release.

I happened to come across a minor issue:

Sometimes other mods unequip all items from pc including the SMP object needed for physics to work.

Arm restraints and mittens then prevent the reequipment of said SMP object.

Is it possible to add an exception for the SMP object?

Something else I noticed was, that ring gags now block all eating and drinking. It would be nice, if at least drinking ale/water/milk etc. was still possible and perhaps drinking soups.

Not sure how easy or difficult that would be to implement though.

22 hours ago, Johnny05 said:

I happened to come across a minor issue:

Sometimes other mods unequip all items from pc including the SMP object needed for physics to work.

Arm restraints and mittens then prevent the reequipment of said SMP object.

Is it possible to add an exception for the SMP object?

Something else I noticed was, that ring gags now block all eating and drinking. It would be nice, if at least drinking ale/water/milk etc. was still possible and perhaps drinking soups.

Not sure how easy or difficult that would be to implement though.

There should be an option in your body's mcm to set the smp slot to a devious devices compatible one. If you haven't done that yet, try that first.

DD does not use slot 60 for any devices, so just wearing devices shouldn't break your smp ( or smp shouldn't break DD it can go both ways).

Not sure about adding an exception for smp or allowing food with ring gags, i'll leave that to others. i'd tend to think no, but these guys are doing some real slick stuff. 

On 11/20/2023 at 3:46 PM, beetlebug123 said:

Will I be able to update this mid game or should I wait until the next beta?

Updating NG mid game is usually ok if you already had NG installed.

Adding NG to an existing game that has never had it before is not ok, you would need a new game in that case.

9 hours ago, zarantha said:

There should be an option in your body's mcm to set the smp slot to a devious devices compatible one. If you haven't done that yet, try that first.

DD does not use slot 60 for any devices, so just wearing devices shouldn't break your smp ( or smp shouldn't break DD it can go both ways).

Not sure about adding an exception for smp or allowing food with ring gags, i'll leave that to others. i'd tend to think no, but these guys are doing some real slick stuff. 

I have already set the SMP Object to the Devious Devices compatible slot 60. That was the first thing I tried. The slot however doesn't seem to be the problem. After all, it does work normally, even with arm restraints and other devious devices equipped until something (usually another mod) uses unequip.all on the pc.

It looks as if the problem is connected to how the arm restraints (armbinders, yokes, etc. and mittens) handle the blocking of equipping clothing (and apparently some other objects).

Unless I'm the only one having this issue?

I don't remenber having had this issue with the standard Devious Devices 5.2 version. So I assumed, that the NG version probably changed something in that regard.

Edited by Johnny05
14 hours ago, Johnny05 said:

I have already set the SMP Object to the Devious Devices compatible slot 60. That was the first thing I tried. The slot however doesn't seem to be the problem. After all, it does work normally, even with arm restraints and other devious devices equipped until something (usually another mod) uses unequip.all on the pc.

It looks as if the problem is connected to how the arm restraints (armbinders, yokes, etc. and mittens) handle the blocking of equipping clothing (and apparently some other objects).

I don't remenber having had this issue with the standard Devious Devices 5.2 version. So I assumed, that the NG version probably changed something in that regard.

It may have changed something along those lines, but i haven't run into that problem myself.

Would there happen to be any new information on why equipping arm restraints to an NPC causes them to refuse to equip all normal items? It's still present in the current version, though I haven't started a new save. Is it perhaps related to the equip blocking function that normally prevents the PC from equipping anything? Because I noticed that equipped items are not immediately removed upon equipping a restraint, but once the NPC's equipment is updated again through adding more items or changing location, they stop equipping all items.

On the topic of NPCs equipping restraints, I'd also come to report that it seems like there's an incorrect check somewhere for equipping plugs onto an NPC whose arms are bound. It gives me an error box as I was trying to equip onto myself with bound arms. Other devices don't seem to have this problem.

On 11/23/2023 at 6:25 AM, Username12312 said:

Hi I noticed the original mod requires sexlab, does this as well?

And sexlab framework n aroused are 'soft' requirements, what would my game be like without them?
Could I place furniture from an add item menu?

Original mod is still required, along with all it's requirements. This mod is a patch, not a replacement. 

Sexlab is not a 'soft' requirement, nor is SLA or one of it's alternatives. They are 'hard' requirements. 

40 minutes ago, PerseusLC said:

I want to know DD to OAR can be compatible with MCO? MCO changes the combat way, seem like the combat animations from DD to OAR not enable with MCO

I do not use MCO myself, but someone mentioned in the discord all you'd need to do is copy DD's attack animations under MCO's proprietary names. 

If you need more guidance than that, you'll need to wait for someone else. 

But also, don't use the DD to OAR conversion with DD NG. DD NG includes everything in the DD to OAR conversion and you could break things by using the older conversions.

On 11/22/2023 at 8:44 AM, Johnny05 said:

I ran into that as well off your report, the brightest minds of our little group will hopefully look into this ?

4 hours ago, PerseusLC said:

I want to know DD to OAR can be compatible with MCO?

You'd need to copy over the attack animations with new names, like @zarantha said, to adhere to MCO's naming convention (i.e. h2h_attackleft.hkx -> mco_attack1.hkx, h2h_attackpowerforwardlefthand.hkx -> mco_powerattack.hkx, etc). That might require a lot of tinkering to get it it to look good - though I remember there was a file somewhere on LL that you can look to for inspiration on how to do it.

Or just wait till someone makes a patch, though I can't offer any solid timelines on when that might happen ?

First i need to say a big thank you for this mod. Works pretty good for me. Thou i was wondering... if the dangling and moving pump from the inflatable plug is from this mod ? If so.. i have a request, that i allways had for the original DD Mod. Please.. please enlarge the pump bulb some more.. it looks so tiny as it would be uses between thumb and forefinger, size  of a grape ?. I did it myself for the original mod, but i dont think that nif will work with smp, HDT (or whatever is used here). regards and keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

First i need to say a big thank you for this mod. Works pretty good for me. Thou i was wondering... if the dangling and moving pump from the inflatable plug is from this mod ? If so.. i have a request, that i allways had for the original DD Mod. Please.. please enlarge the pump bulb some more.. it looks so tiny as it would be uses between thumb and forefinger, size  of a grape ?. I did it myself for the original mod, but i dont think that nif will work with smp, HDT (or whatever is used here). regards and keep up the good work.

yep that was us that added the smp, I do kinda agree with your assesment that the pump is a bit small. I've got a million other things to work on at the moment but leave it with me and I'll try to enlarge it a bit in a future update.

On 11/25/2023 at 4:40 AM, krzp said:

Or just wait till someone makes a patch, though I can't offer any solid timelines on when that might happen ?

On 11/26/2023 at 8:32 AM, zan ge said:

I made a patch

Well, that was quick ? Thank you! Would you be ok if we, after a round of testing, include this in some next version?