Yo, i do run into a weird bug and i'm not sure how it happens.

I recently added 3BA to my mod list and i've re-run bodyslide with switching all DD to the 3BA version. I'm now running into the purple head issue, but only when i get an DD equipped. So without it's all fine, but the second i get put into a yoke for example, the head turns purple, body is still fine, just the head.

Any idea what cause that? Did i mess up something?

18 hours ago, RileyAP said:

Thanks for the response and yes using Nef, I'll ask around in the list discord to see who else is using and if they have any issues though..  The list comes with DD 5.2 by default and it is still installed.  I was using .2.7 with the patch and didn't get these errors so I assumed it had to be from .2.9 so I asked here with the new version.  Also my Nef list is heavily modified, at this point it's more that it's my base :)

Edit, I figured it out based on your response though, some files were hidden by defualt from the list and I didn't realize it, I fixed it so thanks!!

For posterity's sake you should probably include what you did to fix it. The Nefaram list is pretty popular so I doubt you'll be the last to run into that issue.

16 hours ago, zarantha said:

The reason I referred back is because of exactly that reason - things are done to the list that you are not necessarily aware of, and would not be known by people supporting the mod outside of the list. We can only help so far, if they patch or modify the mod, we've got no way of knowing what was done.

Yes, that's why I asked at first if I missed a requirement I wasn't aware of, your response told me it was probably the install of DD 5.2 which got me to investigate the DD 5.2 install.  I'm well aware you can't know what's in a list, even a popular one, and then one I've dumped a couple hundred additional modes on top of(including his one of course!) so thanks again.

1 hour ago, KennedyShotFirst said:

For posterity's sake you should probably include what you did to fix it. The Nefaram list is pretty popular so I doubt you'll be the last to run into that issue.

Just needed the bodyslide files from the DD 5.2 download, they weren't present in the default list.

need  bashed patch keyword for users that used bashed patch

also  was trying to adjust  afew values in scripts for exposure to better fit it in my game but keep getting this when i go to compile.
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\zadLibs.psc(762,30): too many arguments passed to function
ive  never had that when compiling scripts before so confused on  what to do  about it.

Spoiler

image.png.797e8bf35b69c8118d28317d42f080e6.png

Edited by sidfu1
15 hours ago, audhol said:

Its possible that the errors are down to me, I had messed about a bit adding SMP to the armbinder for the locks and rings but its not finished. However I uploaded my version of the DD3BA.osp along with the new vaginal piercings.

The Nipple piercing bodyslide is also broken again my fault, I'm working on getting both an upgraded mesh of the armbinder together with SMP nipple piercings featuring the same glow shaders as the vaginal ones for the next update.

Sorry for the cockup.

James Bond Dont Cock It Up GIF - James Bond Dont Cock It Up Skyfall GIFs

cool. any rough  idea for the fix eta, while i can play without it (the fix) it does stick out like a sore thumb

10 hours ago, johntrine said:

cool. any rough  idea for the fix eta, while i can play without it (the fix) it does stick out like a sore thumb

Dunno when the next release is planned. I'll probably post a hotfix on the discord for the nipples sometime today and the armbinder in the next couple of days.

This is a good mod but there is some room for improvement in the animation picking area. When bound with wrist shackles it has only three armbinder animations in the list, but Billyy has done several cuffed animations that would work in this scenario. When it comes to the armbinder itself, Billyy also did a lot more than three animations. You'd only have to incorporate them in the mod.

I'd gladly do it myself, but I'm not sure what's required. I assume you'd have to add them in the json file?

Edited by RoninDog
On 11/15/2023 at 4:56 PM, sidfu1 said:

need  bashed patch keyword for users that used bashed patch

also  was trying to adjust  afew values in scripts for exposure to better fit it in my game but keep getting this when i go to compile.
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\zadLibs.psc(762,30): too many arguments passed to function
ive  never had that when compiling scripts before so confused on  what to do  about it.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.797e8bf35b69c8118d28317d42f080e6.png

I have the same problem when trying to compile. The problem goes away when I disable DD NG (and use DD source script instead).

The error points to this function in zlib.spc L762-764

Armor Function GetWornDeviceFuzzyMatch(Actor akActor, Keyword kw)
    return zadNativeFunctions.GetWornDevice(akActor,kw,true)
EndFunction

The function calls this function from zadNativeFunctions.psc (last line), which requires two inputs, while the call above sends three (not sure what the third, the trailing "true" represents).

; Return worn device based on passed main keyword (set on equip script)
Armor    Function GetWornDevice(Actor akActor, Keyword akKeyword)                   global native

I edited zlib.spc L762-764 to the below and recompiled, then tried to compile the original script I was working on in the first place, and everything compiled fine.

Armor Function GetWornDeviceFuzzyMatch(Actor akActor, Keyword kw)
    ; return zadNativeFunctions.GetWornDevice(akActor,kw,true)
    return zadNativeFunctions.GetWornDevice(akActor,kw)
EndFunction

I suspect this is a typo in the source script of DD NG? @ponzipyramid

3 hours ago, Burtchin said:

Oh brilliant, thanks! Does that mean I have to recompile? I assume so long as this is just a dependency and I don't explicitly call the incriminated function it won't matter, but I'm not sure.

Depending on the script you've compiled - if you recompiled either zadLibs or zadNativeFunctions, then you probably should recompile them with the correct sources, if not - you can rest easy, you can put whatever you want in the dependencies and it would be fine, it doesn't affect the script you're compiling.

I routinely butcher dependency scripts too. ?

This may be a general issue with DD rather than DD NG but I've noticed if I leave an npc in a DD contraption, leave the cell and then return the contraption has disappeared and the npc is just standing in the vicinity of where the contraption was originally placed. if I use the pageup key to interact all the options are there and if I unlock the npc or have sex with them the contraption returns.

3 hours ago, Wastelanddom said:

This may be a general issue with DD rather than DD NG but I've noticed if I leave an npc in a DD contraption, leave the cell and then return the contraption has disappeared and the npc is just standing in the vicinity of where the contraption was originally placed. if I use the pageup key to interact all the options are there and if I unlock the npc or have sex with them the contraption returns.

When I've struggled with the same problem when running DCL, this has fixed it for me - though, I haven't tested it alongside NG, so I've no idea how it would perform. ?

20 hours ago, krzp said:

When I've struggled with the same problem when running DCL, this has fixed it for me - though, I haven't tested it alongside NG, so I've no idea how it would perform. ?

Ah that's unfortunate as I already have that installed. I'm going to experiment a bit and see what happens. I was just wondering if that issue was a common one and not something caused by my absurd modlist

8 minutes ago, Splintered_Lizard said:

Sorry ahead of time for the newbie-type question, but I wish some clarification. This mod and another say I should start a new game. If I do, is it okay to go back to an older game after, or will the mods not load correctly in that older save file? Will they only work correctly on a brand new play-through?

Really? No clarification needed. New game means NEW GAME.

Edit to add: You can try and see but don't complain if it does not work.

Edited by UsernameTaken666
44 minutes ago, UsernameTaken666 said:

Really? No clarification needed. New game means NEW GAME.

Edit to add: You can try and see but don't complain if it does not work.

It's just a question dude, calm down XD

I ask because I don't know how all the scripting works behind the scenes, like if starting a new game over-writes something that would then have it work in an old game. I don't write mods, so I don't know, therefore I ask. CHILL.

3 minutes ago, Splintered_Lizard said:

It's just a question dude, calm down XD

I ask because I don't know how all the scripting works behind the scenes, like if starting a new game over-writes something that would then have it work in an old game. I don't write mods, so I don't know, therefore I ask. CHILL.

I'm as CHILL as the other side of the pillow...dude. I don't write mods either but I know how to follow the mod author's instructions.

40 minutes ago, Splintered_Lizard said:

Well congrats on being able to follow directions without asking any questions whatsoever, ever. 

I, however, like to actually learn things

Nothing wrong with asking a question. A save gets loads of stuff baked into it so if you change/remove a mod its highly likely that your save will be looking for something thats either not there or different. Often these things dont show up straight away but get worse the longer you play eventually leading to the destruction of the universe  constant crashes.

Your premise that starting a new game then going back to the old one wont work because all the information is still hard baked into the old save.

Edited by audhol