The Sisterhood of Dibella LE (February 2023)

Hello,

I installed the mod and had a lot of fun with it.

For some reason I uninstalled it.

Recently I re installed the mod but impossible to play with it. Maybe because all the vanilla quests are ended ?

Somebody have an idea to fix it ? (maybe re initiate the quests ?)

Or must I start a new game ?

Thank you :)

@DeepBlueFrog And reporting a side effect regarding the clovers.

I see that Arcadia has one in her merchant chest. (TFC1 below the floor and showinventory on her chest) . But she doesn't offer it for selling.

I think that this has to do with her being an alchemist, her chest is probably bound to her faction as an alchemist trader. But the clover is "clothing/armor", so probably that's the reason why it won't be offered to me.

I guess, if the clovers would be ingredients or just "items" it could work.

Another idea: you could add a dialogue tree for clover-trading to alchemists, bretons, etc .. but it should better be not edited to the NPCs but perhaps to a condition like "speaker==alchemist"

?

Perhaps it would also work with that "merchant" perk where I can trade anything with anybody?

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Yes. The file structure got borked in the process.

I am about to hit the road so I won’t be able to fix that until tonight or tomorrow.

Okay. Extracting the files to the proper directories works, so if anyone can't wait to try you can just do that.

17 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

That would be nice... and I think there are ideas to that effect in the 'ideas' section of the thread (2nd post), but I will probably have to leave that to someone else to make. I can help making it an add-on to this mod and make it compatible, but I can't take on any larger mod/ideas at this time.

That's understandable. I have a pretty solid programming background but I am new to papyrus and the CK. I am more than willing to try to do this myself especially if you are willing to offer help/guidance. 

Would it be possible for me to make a quest add on to your mod but rather than using SexLab function calls, use FlowerGirls function calls? FlowerGirls is much more stable and complete on SSE and if I'm going to do this it is most definitely going to be exclusive to SSE. Btw How stable is the SSE version of your mod? 

As for my add on, it's quite simple. I'll check if the player has finished the quest where Fjotra becomes the high priestess and then allow the public to visit the temple. This would mean NPC's from all over Skyrim can be assigned (I will manually assign quests to NPC's I think the player would like to see ;)) quests to visit the temple and stay in Markarth for a week and then return to default behavior. When the actually visit the temple, they can be "educated" by the priestess' and the PC can interact with them. The general idea is to have people coming and going to the temple as if it's a popular destination. 

This mod has been in progress for years and still so much in the "to do" list undone... :(

Really hope it gets some solid attention before long, I know, this sounds like a complaint, but it's more like me just being "Argh! I can't wait for it to be completed, it's cool!".

I can't really think of any "made from scratch" faction mods that have been finished, and all I tend to see nowadays is things by DJ Redrad who just keeps farting out awesome sounding mods that he has no intention of finishing, I'm looking at you "forsworn faction", Grrr... could use a morale boost in the community. :/

I'm not sure if it was ever coded in properly but I've never been able to get the sybil to progress, I once resorted to spawning in hundreds of dibella tokens just to see if anything happens with her with no luck, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, I found clovers and a book from the mod at the collage of winterhold, forget the name, began with an "A".

Kinda just had the mod sat in my load order, waiting for the day something new gets added and it becomes clearer as to what I'm meant to do to progress.

My current 'to do' list for the mod is here:

https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SkLLmods/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A"Sisterhood+of+Dibella"

I intend to address most of these next year if I can find the time.

What is listed at the start of this thread is just ideas for extensions. Most of which I do not intend to work on myself... but I leave the ideas there for anyone who wants to take on a new add-on for the Sisterhood.

The Sybil progresses after a few sessions of training with her, either directly or by herself with Mother Hamal. A training session is complete when the Sybil glows blue and Dibella speaks through her. She needs 2 successful sessions to unlock Senna's topics to progress with the quest.

You can find the rest of the progression of the quest at the walkthought page:

https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SkLLmods/wiki/Sisterhood-of-Dibella:-Walkthrough

3 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

but I leave the ideas there for anyone who wants to take on a new add-on for the Sisterhood.

Now, you got me hooked ... (again) :classic_laugh:

Although my RL is a mess in terms of enough spare time, I feel very interested. (Finally I am learning how to use the CK these days :classic_blush:)

Biggest questions would be centered around the interaction, what mechanics I could use, .. story elements, .. etc ... so that an add-on is as independent as possible but still able to push the main mod forward in it's tale.

Not to add onto the pile of suggestions.. okay well, I am.

I rather like Hamal's fate in the corruption path and wonder if the player could have the option to be enslaved through SD as her "reward".
I mean yeah that can be done now sorta, but extra dialogue is always nice.

6 hours ago, worik said:

Now, you got me hooked ... (again) :classic_laugh:

Although my RL is a mess in terms of enough spare time, I feel very interested. (Finally I am learning how to use the CK these days :classic_blush:)

Biggest questions would be centered around the interaction, what mechanics I could use, .. story elements, .. etc ... so that an add-on is as independent as possible but still able to push the main mod forward in it's tale.

There are two levels of integration an addon could use.

The simplest level would be to give NPCs the MarkarthTempleofDibella faction and equip them with a Necklace of Dibella. If you are using vanilla NPCs, it is best to equip that collar through a script or you can run into the grey face bug. 

The mod detects the faction and necklace to enable some interactions with the player.

The next level of integration would be use use storageUtil variables and mod events to interact with the story itself, but I would have to document that better as it is only documented in the code itself at the moment. I can definitely help and extend that side of the mod if there are missing interactions you would like to see.

28 minutes ago, leddis3 said:

Not to add onto the pile of suggestions.. okay well, I am.

I rather like Hamal's fate in the corruption path and wonder if the player could have the option to be enslaved through SD as her "reward".
I mean yeah that can be done now sorta, but extra dialogue is always nice.

I will make a note of that.

I am already thinking of adding a call to SD+ for female players as Mother Hamal says that the penalty for breaking into the inner sanctum is usually a "period of servitude" (for males, she says the penalty is death). It would be simple to enslave the player to Senna or the Sybil herself at the end of the corruption quest.

12 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I would have to document that better as it is only documented in the code itself at the moment. I can definitely help and extend that side of the mod if there are missing interactions you would like to see.

2x YES, please :classic_biggrin:

Using the vanilla MarksOfD will advance the Sybil ... is there an end to it or could I use that too? (one of my ideas is it to gain those marks)

And will this even be true after the player has made the choice ? Will it help both paths?

11 minutes ago, worik said:

2x YES, please :classic_biggrin:

Using the vanilla MarksOfD will advance the Sybil ... is there an end to it or could I use that too? (one of my ideas is it to gain those marks)

And will this even be true after the player has made the choice ? Will it help both paths?

I will have to check the code but I don't think there is a stop to cashing in marks of Dibella (or granting them after sex with members of the faction).

My usual advice if you start with modding is to take a simple idea first. Get your feet wet implementing something simple like 'Craft and bring a shipment of marks of Dibella to known followers'. Short and sweet.

Once you get the basics of how quests, quest aliases, scripts and dialogue topics work, you can move on to more difficult things like 'Open the temple to pilgrims from all over Skyrim'.

18 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Once you get the basics of how quests, quest aliases, scripts and dialogue topics work, you can move on to more difficult things like 'Open the temple to pilgrims from all over Skyrim'.

I won't touch the temple. :classic_biggrin: That's no-go area for me, to many valuable things I could break.

But I would very much try those "independent" interactions like "collecting marks". I'm even reluctant to touch Senna's dialogues.

My first idea of a basic interaction is

• trigger quest
  • get letter from Senna/Hamal/Fjotra/Haelga/whoever-sister by the courier
  • do stuff
  • gain marks
  • end quest
  • the main mod can now kick in and use the marks

For the player it would look seemlessly integrated, where in fact the mod wouldn't even need to know about TSOD. Using factions and necklaces is great news too.

Now I am looking for more such possiblities ...

Do you use stuff with keywords?

Mod event... I would need some documentation which ones we have available (an idea cloud is forming right now above my head)

Why not make a "Cursed By Dibella" quest?

Like if you enter the sanctum without having good relations with the sisterhood, they force the Gender curse on you and you get "initiated" to the sisterhood and then do the other quests in SoD.

It would be a better and more devious (fitting for this mod's version of the sisterhood) punishment than  "oh you entered our inner sanctum, not only illegally, but as a boy which is against the ideology of the sisterhood. Go do this thing for us"

It just works better.

59 minutes ago, Malos323 said:

Why not make a "Cursed By Dibella" quest?

Like if you enter the sanctum without having good relations with the sisterhood, they force the Gender curse on you and you get "initiated" to the sisterhood and then do the other quests in SoD.

It would be a better and more devious (fitting for this mod's version of the sisterhood) punishment than  "oh you entered our inner sanctum, not only illegally, but as a boy which is against the ideology of the sisterhood. Go do this thing for us"

It just works better.

I completely agree and I may change the sex change curse already in the mod to just after the sisters find you breaking into the Inner Sanctum. I just have to think of a way to do that without messing up the quest dialogue (which seems already finicky as the sisters will attack you on sight if you just click away from the dialogue topic by accident).

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I completely agree and I may change the sex change curse already in the mod to just after the sisters find you breaking into the Inner Sanctum. I just have to think of a way to do that without messing up the quest dialogue (which seems already finicky as the sisters will attack you on sight if you just click away from the dialogue topic by accident).

You could make the dialogue topic a forced one.

I have had experience with some mods or even vanilla dialogue trees that you have to participate in.

Or why not make the change happen then give your character the ability to talk?

I know you're already filled to the brim with suggestions, and some of these would require somewhat radically changing a few of the quests and whatnot, but might as well. Maybe you can use an idea or two, so I'll just leave it here.

I'd really like to see the corruption side of the deal get more attention. A few minor changes can be, use aggressive tags, more aggressive dialogue, using ZaZ furniture or even DD stuff (although I know this makes some people roll their eyes since they refuse to use DD related stuff), and make use of the various Sexlab mods we have on here and maybe even integrate into them, like Deadly Drain/PSQ, and so on. Maybe a minor script that makes it so once you get corrupted, you turn into a succubus from one of those mods.

Also, a few other 'minor' changes could also be something such as covering other fetishes, like rape, BSDM, bestiality and other things that are already covered by other Sexlab addons, so you'd just have to link into them (for instance, something as simple as, as the Sybil gets more and more corrupted, she degenerates into the nastier fetishes, starting from more 'harmless' stuff like orgies, using sex toys, sex without purpose (as it's said in one of the books added by the mod), sex involving drugs like Skooma (Sexlab Skooma Whore), minor watersports, and then move onto the heavier stuff like bestiality, necrophilia (funnybiz' stuff), daedric sex (with creatures from Dragonborn), and whatnot. Stuff that denotes corruption of the soul, not really those other nasty fetishes like scat and whatnot (unless you wanna add that as well :P). We also have some amazing solo animations nowadays like Billy's SLAL Furotub solo anims, so you could look into that.

Finally, I would really like if you expanded upon the lore of the mod. I know this rarely gets mentioned here since it's not really the focus of the mod, but I love those little books you wrote, and I also loved that minor piece of dialogue between the player and Svana. I have no idea how to do any of the scripting stuff, but if you ever wish to expand upon those, I could write a few new books/dialogue that add or expand on the already existing stuff for you, and you'd just add them to the game.

32 minutes ago, shunter said:

I know you're already filled to the brim with suggestions, and some of these would require somewhat radically changing a few of the quests and whatnot, but might as well. Maybe you can use an idea or two, so I'll just leave it here.

I'd really like to see the corruption side of the deal get more attention. A few minor changes can be, use aggressive tags, more aggressive dialogue, using ZaZ furniture or even DD stuff (although I know this makes some people roll their eyes since they refuse to use DD related stuff), and make use of the various Sexlab mods we have on here and maybe even integrate into them, like Deadly Drain/PSQ, and so on. Maybe a minor script that makes it so once you get corrupted, you turn into a succubus from one of those mods.

Also, a few other 'minor' changes could also be something such as covering other fetishes, like rape, BSDM, bestiality and other things that are already covered by other Sexlab addons, so you'd just have to link into them (for instance, something as simple as, as the Sybil gets more and more corrupted, she degenerates into the nastier fetishes, starting from more 'harmless' stuff like orgies, using sex toys, sex without purpose (as it's said in one of the books added by the mod), sex involving drugs like Skooma (Sexlab Skooma Whore), minor watersports, and then move onto the heavier stuff like bestiality, necrophilia (funnybiz' stuff), daedric sex (with creatures from Dragonborn), and whatnot. Stuff that denotes corruption of the soul, not really those other nasty fetishes like scat and whatnot (unless you wanna add that as well :P). We also have some amazing solo animations nowadays like Billy's SLAL Furotub solo anims, so you could look into that.

Finally, I would really like if you expanded upon the lore of the mod. I know this rarely gets mentioned here since it's not really the focus of the mod, but I love those little books you wrote, and I also loved that minor piece of dialogue between the player and Svana. I have no idea how to do any of the scripting stuff, but if you ever wish to expand upon those, I could write a few new books/dialogue that add or expand on the already existing stuff for you, and you'd just add them to the game.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I won't do much about #1 since that's already handled by adding several mods available out there, including SD+ and Hormones :)

#2 is definitely doable. I will think about stressing the corruption of the Sybil through her  dialogues more.

#3 is definitely on my list already. I am working on a much larger Lore integration across my mods and the Sisterhood fits directly with SD+. More on that in the conclusion of the main SD+ quest.

What I particularly liked in the background lore was the connection to the Temple of Mara.  I know touching that would be an immense undertaking, but making some corruptive inroads into that temple would be amazing (on the corruption path, that is).  On the redemption path, clearing out some pre-existing corruption among Mara's followers would also be interesting.

Or - thinking corruption again - perhaps an agent of Dibella comes up from the South, from the same place as all those travelling sisters, to investigate the strange disturbances with their Goddess.  A quest or two to foil that investigation would be interesting, with some implied spread of the influence elsewhere.

I very much favour the corruption path too, and enjoy good dialogue most of all. So I'd love to see more characterisation for the Sybil

At the end she still keeps her schedule of going to the baths every day, so it'd be fun if she had some dark taunting dialogue for Hamal and the player if enslaved, about how they thought they were so clever and manipulative but now they're the bottom slaves of the whole order, or this is really what they wanted all along. Things like that.

Maybe some unique dialog for Fjotra or Senna becoming your owner as well.

Anyway, for now Scent of Sex works pretty good with a corrupt templ, I have them all over each other, Fjotra walks around taking who she pleases and the Tormentor really makes Hamal (okay and me xD) it's own personal playthings (those magic dildo flame atronach anims work a treat for that).

One other minor suggestion, the baths could be altered a bit more in the corrupt state, removing the chairs and benches, as the npcs just sit down on them and eat which doesn't really set the mood.

I mean ideally you could do something like making the statue of Dibella + Sanguine act as a portal to Sanguine's realm (same area from SD maybe?) and then move all the fun there, as the baths are a bit cramped.

Yeah I know I have a lot of tunnel vision on the end of the corrupt path, sorry :P

I've hit a wall with a recurring Skyrim problem: Windpeak Inn. I can't enter it without CTD. Every time. I've tried every inn and tavern mod program I can find, in the hopes that altering the interior somehow will allow it to load clean, but no go.

So, failing all else, can anyone tell me what command I need to enter to make the Dibellan Sister corruption task for Sanguine in Dawnstar be flagged as succeeded? The building is off-limits to me, it looks like.

The closest I've found to a possible explanation is that I'm running Windows 7, and if any texture files were saved in a Windows 10 format, that will guarantee a CTD. That, and Windpeak has apparently always had issues, even with Oldrim.