❗️Starfield NEEDS to have ALIEN RACES, This is WHY + Answered questions from an Media reviewer with already access to the game

Before, i have to say, THIS IS MY PERSPECTIVE AND THOUGHTS, you can have yours

SO...

I've re-watched the trailers various times, and my Hype Still underground, ground zero, none, as fallen as the twin towers... ??

Because Im not seeing MULTIPLE RACES, PLAYABLE RACES, NOT EVEN an ALIEN SKIN colored Human with weird Face shape to do EASY CHECK

For me, to imagine STARFIELD with only HUMANS as the ONLY characters (NO ROBOTS DON'T COUNT) it just feels GENERIC, LAZY, and PLAIN BORING.... ?

-  HALO  ( Covenants  for  the  win ) ?

maxresdefault.jpg.1c3d862c751a301a3ff8a6f7653ccdcc.jpg

-  MASS EFFECT  ( Krogans are Cool ) ?

2igt368ksiaa1.jpg.a119243fceb830ae48fd5fd12decd5bf.jpg

-  Destiny ( Look at this poor mother trying to protect her sons from War ) ?

0x0.webp.bbbf76e5ca3aa9d65d0ce959b13b6446.webp

- StarWars  ( Apathy Is Dead )

static-assets-upload8881690494407379672.webp.51df3880c2c8884ca02f44a7955fe430.webp

-  No Man's Sky

beyond-technology-2.jpg.8d3a19129ecc54e59a750c0b45bedd7c.jpg

-  Half Life (Not space but had aliens n' shit)

half-life-alyx.gif.020db8c3584c7e771956b558f6fb6a49.gif

-  Metroid ( Birdmaaaaan )

hq720.jpg.1b79d2f770d30bf0aecc61b145140a14.jpg

And not even Space games:

-   Elder Scrolls franchise

-   Fallout Franchise

-   Diablo

-   Bladur's Gate

-   World Of Warcraft

-   Even Minecraft

The list could Go on for ever...

Take Out of this games The races and the different civilizations...  what you have? A GENERIC GAME

I saw Starfield as A opportunity from Bethesda To show that Life and Variety from Elder Scrolls and Fallout, Took to the next level in Starfield, With an Incredible amount of playable races, different civilizations to visit and interact to...

On June, when in the Starfield Showcase, i spent 40 minutes watching ONLY HUMANS, it felt... Weird at first

"They are hiding it to do a dedicated showcase on it i guess" i thought, "They will keep it secret until release"

But i firmly want the game to have races, to add a bit more of live, identity and personality to the title, it can add a new level of depth to the lore and possible story plot...

Also more attractive reasons to explore the Galaxy inside the game

But Reviewers, Press and Gaming News Media (Which i have contact with, that would love to keep his job so his info will be anonymous) already have the game... and they didn't tell me spoilers, they only said me

" It Is BETTER, to keep your Hype Low, not as low as cyberpunk levels, but truly is Bethesda Quality "

Leaving aside, the alien thing, the person also commented me interesting things like:

-  How's the performance in PC?

" By the moment there's no DLSS support, i don't know if it will have on release" " Well, the performance is Acceptable but not something Amazing, if you keep your graphics down on certain things it runs well, as well as a Modern Gaming Industry considers as Well  "

-  Story and Campaign So far?

" So... i think i didn't reached the half yet, but, i mean it's fine, it's slightly better than FO4, but maybe it BOMBS on the end " " Is not at Fallout2 or FalloutNV Levels, but still certainly good "

-  Gameplay and Bugs?

" Uffffff... Sooo..... look, it Doesn't feels like a fast paced gameplay focused on Frenetic action, but is not slow either... lets say that it's a polished more complete movement than Fallout4, the GunPlay feels nice and solid, there are weird things here and there but normally the guns work how intended, Now, BUGS, don't wanna ruin the image of the game before launch, as you know on Release day Developers normally put out a 10 or 5 GB patch with fixes and things, and that normally makes us change the review at the last moment, I've seen a couple related to collisions, explosions, also slight texture loading issues but not too much, other minor issues as AI having trouble following your path if you go sprinting and jumping barriers like a parkour pro, but if walking normally, they have no issue, and also a couple of issues where it comes to Long Shot distances, they do affect the gameplay but as said, day 1 patch will change it for the rest of people "

-  Some Extra Content Not seen on showcases?

" ha ha ha... Well i cant tell you about that, you are my friend but i like to have a job "

(I spent 1 hour trying to make him spit that if the game has aliens or not, no success on it ??? )

Soo what's your perspective?

Yes Aliens

no aliens

Me if i see Aliens on My First Hour of Playing

Starfield is on the harder side of the sci-fi hardness scale, that is to say that it mostly runs on currently known scientific knowledge, extrapolating from what is theoretically possible rather than what is fanciful. Alas, humanoid sapient races is squarely fanciful based upon what can be observed on Earth.

There are more species who independently evolved eyes, wings or pectoral mammaries than there are species that evolve a large, heavy brain with multiple layers in concert with limbs ending in opposable digits. Odds are pretty good that the only non-human sapience that will develop will either emerge on Earth or be the products of human ingenuity (whether it is mechanical artificial intelligence or organic synthetic sapience which is to say beast-people).

If there are any remotely sapient entities in Starfield they must be exceedingly rare and suitably alien, not merely humans with rubber foreheads who coincidentally value all of the same things that the dominant cultures of Earth value.

If your friend in the gaming news media had paid some attention to the gaming news media (or just googled "Starfield DLSS"), they'd probably have already known that DLSS is unlikely (at least at release), and paying a little more attention would reveal a possible upcoming modding scene controversy brewing around DLSS and DRM.

Game story by company A isn't like game story by company B; news at 11. Its a Bethesda game. The main story is almost optional in most of thier games. My current Skyrim playthough is unusual (for me) in that I'm actually doing one of the main quest lines. I just realised that I've never tried going through the civil war quest line without even starting the dragon rising quest line. And as for FO4, I'm almost level 100. I probably should do rescue Nick from Park Street Station at some point. My point being I think the main quest in Bethesda games is more about giving you a direction to go in if you don't want to just explore on your own.

As for aliens, yes, there are aliens in the game. Been seen in official videos and everything. They aren't intelligent, which is what most people mean. And its fine they aren't there. Because in most games, aliens are just reskinned humans with a single race defining, usually quite human, trait. Do we really want another space game where the alien races are: the militaristic ones, the sneaky ones, the science ones, and of course the disposable enemies/space pirate ones. Eh, I won't miss them.

Not reading allat.

If you ever expected actual Mass Effect/Halo-style aliens, then you must have been living under a rock and never read or watched anything about the game ever.

If it is ever possible (since the face parts/anims system seems to have undergone quite some changes, so it may take a long while to crack that nut assuming it's even possible), we'll get nonhumans into the game. I sure as hell am itching to get my Selachii into the game, as well as any of the other Skyrim/Fallout 4 custom anthro races. That being said, I never expected it to be possible, let alone demand they be there from the start, lmao.

The only thing I have to give you credit for is that when you talk about aliens you give (mostly) real examples of aliens instead of just shitty humie fanservice with human faces and rubber foreheads like Asari or Twi'lek. So I grant you the title of "not a filthy normie", but that's it.

Edited by Blaze69

I could care less about playable "vanilla" races.

So long as custom playable races can be added in a manner akin to Skyrim.

But without needing something like RaceCompatibility so multiple custom

races can work together.

The terminal method I devised for Fallout 4 would also work, but I never

really liked the fact that you HAD to start vanilla FO4 as a human because

Bethesda didn't build-in a vanilla method for adding custom races into the

chargen system.

I'm hopeful they were paying attention to the various differences between

what worked in Skyrim, but required entirely different methods to accomplish

the same or similar result in FO4.

We'll know relatively soon. I'll probably spend most of my time with the game's

file structure when it's CK launches. Which as I understand it, is rumored will

be ready at launch or shortly thereafter.

Edited by Trykz
On 8/24/2023 at 11:17 AM, Blaze69 said:

Not reading allat.

If you ever expected actual Mass Effect/Halo-style aliens, then you must have been living under a rock and never read or watched anything about the game ever.

If it is ever possible (since the face parts/anims system seems to have undergone quite some changes, so it may take a long while to crack that nut assuming it's even possible), we'll get nonhumans into the game. I sure as hell am itching to get my Selachii into the game, as well as any of the other Skyrim/Fallout 4 custom anthro races. That being said, I never expected it to be possible, let alone demand they be there from the start, lmao.

The only thing I have to give you credit for is that when you talk about aliens you give (mostly) real examples of aliens instead of just shitty humie fanservice with human faces and rubber foreheads like Asari or Twi'lek. So I grant you the title of "not a filthy normie", but that's it.

i personally watched every single one trailer, and each time i got more and more Angrier that a Bethesda game releases with only humans on them, its just stupid knowing their past games.

for me it just feels more generic without aliens n' shit, but i understand if other people don't see it as the same eyes as a long time Bethesda "Fan" (if waiting for a new graphic engine during 25 years counts as fan)

i still have a small hope of them being in the game, but since i talked with the "Guy" and, only lowered my expectations... im about to shoot my balls

On 8/27/2023 at 2:55 AM, nIn nIn nIn said:

That showcase video we all saw mentions a quest line looking for ancient alien artifacts. That there is a clue regarding alien races in the game. If not day 1, there will be DLC's. 

That's my hope right now, maybe a future Expansion, like the ones of F04 like Far Harbor, could be possible NGL, soo... crossed fingers.

On 8/24/2023 at 2:33 AM, FauxFurry said:

Starfield is on the harder side of the sci-fi hardness scale, that is to say that it mostly runs on currently known scientific knowledge, extrapolating from what is theoretically possible rather than what is fanciful. Alas, humanoid sapient races is squarely fanciful based upon what can be observed on Earth.

There are more species who independently evolved eyes, wings or pectoral mammaries than there are species that evolve a large, heavy brain with multiple layers in concert with limbs ending in opposable digits. Odds are pretty good that the only non-human sapience that will develop will either emerge on Earth or be the products of human ingenuity (whether it is mechanical artificial intelligence or organic synthetic sapience which is to say beast-people).

If there are any remotely sapient entities in Starfield they must be exceedingly rare and suitably alien, not merely humans with rubber foreheads who coincidentally value all of the same things that the dominant cultures of Earth value.

Yeah, i hate, and still find weird that bethesda is choosing the Realistic way... since Fallout its not completely serious sometimes, and skyrim its just pure fantasy. i would expect it from other game developer, but i was hoping bethesda to bring me A FUNNY, Cool and entertaining experience on a futuristic space game, that for once is not serious and dark... but i guess i still be waiting...

Thou... i'll play anyway with a friend account so i can have a taste before buying, soo i can see if there is potential

7 minutes ago, FurryestX said:

Yeah, i hate, and still find weird that bethesda is choosing the Realistic way... since Fallout its not completely serious sometimes, and skyrim its just pure fantasy. i would expect it from other game developer, but i was hoping bethesda to bring me A FUNNY, Cool and entertaining experience on a futuristic space game, that for once is not serious and dark... but i guess i still be waiting...

Thou... i'll play anyway with a friend account so i can have a taste before buying, soo i can see if there is potential

Don't worry, there WILL be mods for that ?

On 8/24/2023 at 10:21 AM, misterpipes said:

If your friend in the gaming news media had paid some attention to the gaming news media (or just googled "Starfield DLSS"), they'd probably have already known that DLSS is unlikely (at least at release), and paying a little more attention would reveal a possible upcoming modding scene controversy brewing around DLSS and DRM.

Game story by company A isn't like game story by company B; news at 11. Its a Bethesda game. The main story is almost optional in most of thier games. My current Skyrim playthough is unusual (for me) in that I'm actually doing one of the main quest lines. I just realised that I've never tried going through the civil war quest line without even starting the dragon rising quest line. And as for FO4, I'm almost level 100. I probably should do rescue Nick from Park Street Station at some point. My point being I think the main quest in Bethesda games is more about giving you a direction to go in if you don't want to just explore on your own.

As for aliens, yes, there are aliens in the game. Been seen in official videos and everything. They aren't intelligent, which is what most people mean. And its fine they aren't there. Because in most games, aliens are just reskinned humans with a single race defining, usually quite human, trait. Do we really want another space game where the alien races are: the militaristic ones, the sneaky ones, the science ones, and of course the disposable enemies/space pirate ones. Eh, I won't miss them.

The thing its that i didn't used to be like that, morrowind, oblivion, New Vegas and fallout 3 where quite good in Story thing... yeah 20 years ago... and they have taken a more MUCH more linear path

And i seriously want Microsoft to order Bethesda to put their shit together

still, i always like the idea of new alien races or different civilizations on a GALACTIC proportions game.

I really think that Bethesda could give it its own spin or style, and if its just a copycat of Covenants.... well i like covenants so i really don't mind too much... if done well

and as he said on my questions, the game doesn't supports DLSS right now, and i guess on the official notes nothing talks about it, since he has no info

Although Starfield will not have Denuvo... the game engine is so old that is no possibility to support it

but Online mandatory?...... that's fixed with a crack...... ERMmm COMPLETELY LEGAL COPY

In fact probably i will pay for the game, but download a pirate version, so it runs at higher FPS.... cause it already worked in Fallout4 GOTY edition

Yes - what super-realism ... AK47 and ships with space folding propulsion for FTL.

Is like "Dirty Space" ala "Firefly" ... quasi "Western in Space" - covered wagon mentality

The only thing missing are the supposedly permanently attacking Indians.

OMG

1 hour ago, Miauzi said:

Yes - what super-realism ... AK47 and ships with space folding propulsion for FTL.

Is like "Dirty Space" ala "Firefly" ... quasi "Western in Space" - covered wagon mentality

The only thing missing are the supposedly permanently attacking Indians.

OMG

Ah i forgot.... Bethesda's Classic contradiction on its own design philosophy, they are serious on 1 thing but completely stupid on 24 others

Good point.... Now, IM EVEN MORE ANGRY, NOW THAT I NOTICED

Vor 11 Minuten sagte FurryestX:

Ah, ich habe es vergessen ... Bethesdas klassischer Widerspruch zu seiner eigenen Designphilosophie: Sie meinen es ernst in einer Sache, sind aber in 24 anderen völlig dumm

Guter Punkt ... Jetzt, da ich es bemerkt habe, bin ich noch wütender

It's not that I don't like "Firefly" - quite the opposite.

But it works (for me) ONLY as a SFi parody!

And also only - because it is exactly these actors and these absurd characters - that they portray.

As a solo game absolutely a no-go for me.

---

Apart from that:

The model of the AK47 has been in the game since Fallout 3 ... as a "Chinese assault rifle" - that makes sense in a post-apocalyptic world.

But in a super modern world where people have spread out over dozens of star systems...

55 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

Apart from that:

The model of the AK47 has been in the game since Fallout 3 ... as a "Chinese assault rifle" - that makes sense in a post-apocalyptic world.

But in a super modern world where people have spread out over dozens of star systems...

My brother in Talos, there's only 4 things that are guaranteed in life: death, taxes, the AK and the 1911. And appropriately enough Starfield has both. Trying to use it as criticism is complete bullshit, if anything it makes the setting much more believable.

No matter what happens to humanity, as long as someone out there still wants someone else dead, the AK will continue to exist.

14 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Mein Bruder in Talos, es gibt nur vier Dinge, die im Leben garantiert sind: Tod, Steuern, die AK und das Jahr 1911. Und passenderweise hat Starfield beides. Der Versuch, es als Kritik zu verwenden, ist völliger Blödsinn, wenn überhaupt, macht es das Setting viel glaubwürdiger.

Egal, was mit der Menschheit passiert, solange jemand da draußen noch jemanden tot sehen will, wird die AK weiter existieren.

You know - the gun was my "bride" for 3 long years ... and who already has to bother with films ... OMG

We knew about the "no aliens" thing since for ever, maybe there are some species around, but non-playable, also my friend, when I see someone writing "This is WHY" on their title I just believe they're so full of shit the article they wrote is not even worth reading, considering this is LL I did read some of your stuff and honestly we knew most of that.

On 8/24/2023 at 2:06 AM, FurryestX said:

Soo what's your perspective?

Yes Aliens

no aliens

Chance of another planet with the correct conditions to support life and allow evolution - exceedingly low

Size of the universe - exceedingly big

exceedingly low X exceedingly big = gonna happen somewhere

So from my perspective it depends on how much of the universe starfield is aiming to cover, it shouldn't be like star trek where there is a new alien species around every corner but by the same token cover enough space and you should bump into other races

Edited by pinky6225
Vor 5 Stunden sagte pinky6225:

Die Chance auf einen anderen Planeten mit den richtigen Bedingungen, um Leben zu ermöglichen und Evolution zu ermöglichen – äußerst gering

Größe des Universums – außerordentlich groß

außerordentlich niedrig X außerordentlich groß = wird irgendwo passieren

Aus meiner Sicht hängt es also davon ab, wie viel vom Sternenfeld des Universums abgedeckt werden soll. Es sollte nicht wie bei Star Trek sein, wo hinter jeder Ecke eine neue außerirdische Spezies ist, aber aus dem gleichen Grund sollte genügend Raum abgedeckt werden, und man sollte auf andere stoßen Rennen

"Starfield" covers 100 star systems - in the rather small Milky Way (our home galaxy) alone there are about 400,000,000,000 star systems.

So the map of the game covers 1/4,000,000,000 of this spiral disk.

So please, what is there to find here?

On 9/1/2023 at 6:01 AM, Ears said:

First of all, we need elves and catgirls, otherwise the adult content will be incomplete.

This is quite possible, the success of genetics will allow the Evil Corporations to put on stream the production of sex slaves!

I mean the evil corporations thusfar seem like they WOULD do this sort of thing.

yep, i played the game for about 40 hours before i refunded it...

i really liked the exploration parts of the game and they had plenty of planets and moons with life and even several places with multiple planets and moons with life in some of the systems that i recall... which is why i am quite disappointed with the lack of other sapient races in that game even after the end of the main quest... so if they add any it will be in dlcs and i doubt that they will...

outside of the exploration parts, the game just felt like going through California or Toronto in 2020, talking to people about 2020 issues, doing 2020 things... in a future adventure park located in California or downtown central Canada major city like Toronto and it grates on the experience...

heck, even adding catgirl/furry costumes would have been a major addition to the game, so would adding some other blue girl or other race custumes...

i feel like the game had potential, it could have been great, it has the firefly/serenity looks in places so...