New Alpha 5.1 (4)

- Fix for redress token not working (thanks devocracy)

- Bed/furniture positioning improved

- Free camera now backtracks a little, rather than being inside your head until you move it for idles/sex.

- No idles in bath house if sitting (thanks CK). I didn't get the falling into oblivion problem in Novac, but when I add the bed positioning stuff there it will probably fix it (is only in other locations atm)

Older 5.1:

- Idle poses before some scenes (optional via MCM)

- More use of beds and billiard tables, etc

- A whole bunch of workarounds to try and make sex scenes more reliable and avoid the broken-sexout issue that is currently affecting '85

- Maybe some other things I forgot

- Might need nvse 4.5.6, but probably doesnt...

(outdated attachment removed)

I updated to the latest Alpha from the previous version (which was working alright), but once I loaded my save everything Sexout related no longer worked. Dialogue would go through the typical channels but once everything was agreed to, no animations would start. I tried a clean save but it was still broke. Only starting a new game fixed the issue.

No clue what caused it, could just be one of those things but the new version works well so far. :)

You have probably hit the sexout '85 bug that happens when an actor involved in sex leaves the cell immediately after an animation (before sexout has cleaned up). Hopefully there will be a fix for it soon, unfortunately I think all you can do in the mean time is load game. Some of the stuff in the alpha should make it less likely to happen from soliciting.

Version 5.1 (4) still causes me some issues. The same problem with the 1st person camera applies even if the character is standing up, the camera starts shaking as if she is dancing even if in the 3rd person she is standing perfectly still.

Also, I am still falling through the ground with the sex partner - this happened both in Goodsprings and Novac. In GS, going into Victor's shack caused us to spawn on top of the bed and then kills the player soon after.

The camera shaking, is that kind of a motion sickness inducing swaying motion you're describing?

If so, that sort of thing happens in Sexout when the people having sex are too close to each other

when sex starts, or the PC is moving when the sex starts. It's hard to tell just what is happening, but

I've seen that crop up in sex acts triggered by other mods. So something in the way the characters are

handled just prior to the sex act may be increasing the odds of that bug happening. The PC falling

through the ground is also something I've seen under similar conditions in other mods.

You have probably hit the sexout '85 bug that happens when an actor involved in sex leaves the cell immediately after an animation (before sexout has cleaned up). Hopefully there will be a fix for it soon, unfortunately I think all you can do in the mean time is load game. Some of the stuff in the alpha should make it less likely to happen from soliciting.

That's most likely what it was. It wasn't just Soliciting stuff that stopped working, it was everything so I doubt it was from this mod. :) So far I've done the Goodsprings and the Miner's and everything is smooth. Haven't got to the meatier stuff though.

@CK: So, no idle animation ever played and you were standing up normally when it happened?

Did you get this in version 5.0?

Does the free camera start when the customer comes into the bath house, and stay enabled for a few seconds?

Do you have any mods that affect idle animations- it sounds like there is a problem with the idle, I use the following:

"NVDanceBootyShacke", "NVFemaleDanceIdleB", "SpecialIdleNVTapDance"

What happens if you open console, type

TFC

close

open again,

Player.PlayIdle (1 of those 3 above)

close, does an anim play?

if not, open again

TFC

close, and go into first person.

===

I'll look into the falling through the floor. It may be to do with the new surface setting, or the pre-idles. You also get this issue if you use the version of Positioning in the OP- you need the updated version in thread.

HI Odessa,

I can't say I ever witnessed my PC doing the idles in 5.0. I know they work because I see the other prostitutes using it and I'm using Groovatron (with the Sexout compabitility fixes) so I know they work as I've tested the anims. 

The free camera does start when customers enter the bathhouse, is that when it sort of zooms back and up a little? 

I am using Sexout Positioning, it may be because I don't have the updated version, I'll check.

EDIT: Scratch that, there seems to be something wrong with my idles, as I'm getting the same issue if I follwo your intructions. This is strange as the groovatron anins work, but the first one I tried (BootyShacke) gives me the same problem - floating 1st person rotating camera while the 3rd person is still and does nothing. I'll deactivate a few mods and see what happens.

If the idles haven't been playing, it suggests something is peculiar to your install, because the bath house ones are just vanilla ones, done with 'playidle'.

You can try this version, I prevented the Tap Dance idle (the one that goes on and on..) for the player, and the other ones are quite short, so although it may not fix it, at least it shouldn't last as long.

(outdated attachment removed, see below)

Hi Odessa,

I've figured out something that breaks it. If I am playing in the 3rd person (press f) and then I wait, the zoom out function works perfectly, I see my character, and then she performs an idle, either a wave or a short dance, and then I get control of her back again.

But if I wait in the 1st person, when the zoom out happens, my character is invisible. When the zoom returns control of my character, however, then I start seeing the weird wobbly stuff. Seems like I can avoid it by being in the 3rd person, which is remarkably similar to a Sexout bug where sometimes the same happens, your character is invisible and you have to toggle between f and tfc quickly to get to see him/her again.

I can't say I know why it happens though, but I'd be willing to bet the other anim would work fine like this too. Characters are still falling through the floor in all encounters though.

@CK: Thanks for bearing with me on that one. Oh boy, I think I've just solved the invisible player TFC issue, plus camera starting in players ugly mouth, 90%. I've tested it quite a bit, let me know how you get on with it, because if it works it ought to be added to sexout too. Works for both 1st and 3rd person.

(Occasionally, if your back is right up against an NPC, sometimes the player is partially transparent, I think this is more or less unavoidable because the engine never renders the player 100% solid, since delay is 1 frame)

=

I think the falling through floor might be caused by the pre-sex idles, some of the poses seem to clip the ground. Do you still get it with them disabled?

(Incidentally the poses weren't created by me, but I'll wait until I figure out how to use them properly in this before I credit author)

=====

Helios One parties are reliable if you use the new version of NVSE: http://nvse.silverlock.org/

===

V 5.1 (6) Alpha

- Fix for invisible player in TFC camera, when back is near an obstacle.

- Wait menu closing when johns come into bath house now works for all game localizations. Before it may not of worked for some non-English versions.

Older 5.1 updates

- Fix for redress token not working (thanks devocracy)

- Bed/furniture positioning improved

- Free camera now backtracks a little, rather than being inside your head until you move it for idles/sex.

- No idles in bath house if sitting (thanks CK). I didn't get the falling into oblivion problem in Novac, but when I add the bed positioning stuff there it will probably fix it (is only in other locations atm)

- Idle poses before some scenes (optional via MCM)

- More use of beds and billiard tables, etc

- A whole bunch of workarounds to try and make sex scenes more reliable and avoid the broken-sexout issue that is currently affecting '85

- Maybe some other things I forgot

- Might need nvse 4.5.6, but probably doesnt... Go get 4.5.7 anyway.

- The long tap dance idle is disabled for player in bath house.

SexoutSoliciting--v-5-1--6--ALPHA--September-12-2014.7z

Very elegant solution, it looks really neat and well done, and definitely works in 1st person. Didn't test in 3rd person but then there wasn't anything broken with that one to begin with so it should work. This should definitely go into Sexout as you suggested, its a very "clean" transition.

What do you mean about disabling the poses? I can't seem to not get them to fall through the floor, ever. This is effectively breaking the mod for me unfortunately. Is anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Strange, if its not the pre-sex idles (which are optional via MCM), then it must be the RefSurface setting that I added- it lets you specify a surface for the animation to be on, rather than using the floor where you're standing, but it can be a bit wonky.

Could you try this version, where I disabled the ref-surfacing?

If it still happens, I'm out of ideas.. I don't know what else I might be doing different to other mods.

(attachment removed)

I have some good news (for you anyway!) and that is that it seems this is an issue on my end. I've disabled Soliciting and it still seems to be happening, and I've disabled a bunch of Sexout stuff and it is still occurring for me. If I find it still happens with no sex mods besides SexoutSex I'll reinstall Sexout, as in FOMM it recently told me there was an "update" (something I've never seen Sexout do in FOMM) and that may have screwed things up.

Sorry for wasting your time Odessa.

EDIT: On a side note, what exactly are the special idles before sex? What exactly do they do? I'm curious.

Yes, thats all they are. They are non-animated poses that should last about 2 seconds- the idea is to make the transition between normal play and sexout better, because normally your character just stands still for ~2 seconds before the animation instead. They will work better when you can start sexout whilst in free camera, but this isn't possible yet.

Something on my end was borked - after reinstalling Sexout again and Amra's anims, it seems to work, no more falling through the floor.

Though on two occasions at Novac, Johns would say they wanted a brief full body wash or a handwipe, I'd go to the room, and instead my character would play with herself while the John just stood there doing nothing opposite the bed. Not sure what happened there. This was using the standard V.5.1 (6) Alpha. 

Also, a quick suggestion - could you make the John and his selected girl exit through the door? It's a little strange seeing them teleport into thin air.  :)

EDIT: Also, for me any action in Victor's Shack causes the player to slightly clip into the wall and screw the camera/sequence up, where the camera will constantly shift and flash in and out of the wall and after the player has finished the anim reset will not apply itself. 

EDIT 2: Got the same effect with taking a john to the trailer in GS. Seems to be PreKneel1? 

Thanks, the animation picker is hosed, it seems.

I fixed the missing mesh by manually installing the data,

looks like FOMM missed a few things.

When two in a row sex scenes happen on the bed, it would be nice

to give the player a few seconds to realign herself, to prevent half-off-the-bed

sex, especially if the first animation didn't quite center nicely.

The camera during sex in Primm is going haywire, jumping between two angles

even after sex is finished. Pre-sex idles was making it even worse. I'll try the latest

Sexout and see if it clears up. My NVSE was updated this morning.

EDIT: I actually like the teleport feature in Novac, running up and down the

stairs gets old, especially with only one hand free :blush:

Yes, I just noticed that as well. There was a bug in my script that didn't stop. I think I fixed it. Either that or I am fighting with toggling TFC with sexout '86. You can try this version... note.. I haven't tested it at all.

5.1 Alpha 7 - September 16

- Now requires NVSE 4.5.7 (current stable version)

- Fix for TFC madness

- Companions are set to waiting when you arrange a trick, and back to non-waiting when you're done.

- In bath house, the NPC girls and johns now walk to the door before disappearing. Player still teleports (so, don't worry about getting yourself tangled up Panthercom ;))

- Disabling Pre-Sex idles in the MCM is fixed, before it the option did nothing, and the idles were always enabled.

- Removed the enable/disable helios one parties MCM option- they are now stable with new NVSE.

(outdated attachment remove)