Neck Seam

Myst42

33044-1-1302840861.jpeg

Good Lord look at that picture...

Essentially, I've been a little busy trying to organize my final race overhaul

Plans for this include things like using Head 06 mesh for ALL vanilla races (Except for beast races)

Decided to make a mixture of resources. A lot has been taken from "Amnes Beautiful Characters" and other mods

But as I was already been doing this for a while I wanted my own version and I wanted to replace human textures to be more like this "High Imperials" mod

I wanted better neck seams and there is a mod for that too, unfortunately it uses vanilla head

But I tried it with vanilla head... Iv'e tried everything and I still can't get the damn neck seam to look as good as the one in that picture

I have my suspicions that there might be photoshop involved but I'm not sure... (And I certainly hope there is, or else I'll literally turn greener than a toad with envy)

The High Imperial race as it is when downloaded does not have a neck line as good as that... It's decent. but the one in the picture is perfect!

Anybody ever had any luck correcting that pesky ugly neck seam?

My current version looks like this:

post-6429-0-67126600-1380422215_thumb.jpg

post-6429-0-65897800-1380422219_thumb.jpg

Good Lord look at that picture...

I looked. I see fingertips clipping through the leg. I see a trace of a waist seam. Weird blotchy skin - except on the neck and face (and boobs :heart:).

No, really. There is this awesome application by the name of Adobe Photoshop with its even more awesome thingies like the stamp/clone tool and also the smudge tool. Getting rid of a neck seam takes about two minutes of applying these tools. Nothing else has been used for this picture.

It's practically impossible to create textures truly without any visible seams. They can be less prominent but they will always be there. The efforts to make a seamless texture aren't worth the annoyance such an attempt will bring - repeatedly going back and forth between editing the skins (hands, body and face) and checking them out in-game just to see that it doesn't work. I've tried that a few times and found touching up pictures in Photoshop is less stressing and more effective.

There even might be people who did succeed making such textures...

Are these files available to the public? Hardly. I probably would have come across such a skin over the course of two years and downloading numerous gigabytes of texture archives.

Switch off facegen texturing in the ini, use a top-notch texture like the Krista skin, wear seam-concealing necklaces and bangles. Try making the seam less prominent with the right lighting on pictures. And edit out what's left of the seams in Photoshop.

Knowing the authors (awesome people btw!) of that pic, there is most probably Photoshop (Gimp) involved.

Completely eliminating neck seams is pretty much as lost war at start, you can however minimize it so that it becomes just a small nuisance, what you'll need to do?...Well, it's a lot of work, for starters neck area of both body and head texture must match completely, then the n_map for both textures should also be similar ( by this I mean that the two alpha channels must be equal, if the body "shines" more than the head there will be a highly visible seam no matter how much the textures match), then use a blank egt. for the head, this will disable skin color sliders in the face gen.

After all of this repeat the process(except the egt. part) for hand/body seam.

Now...the biggest issue, material settings in Nifskope; head and body should have the same material settings, the problem is even tough in your game there won't be much of a seam 'cause your character's head and the body you use both will have similar material settings, the next user will probably have a seam 'cause the body he chooses to use may have different material settings such as being overall darker or just using a different amount of gloss.

Concluding...there is no perfect solution, you can just make it less noticeable.

Good points, Risray! The trick with a blank egt file as an alternative to bFaceGenTexturing=0 is new to me. I'm so used to having facegen texturing switched off that using this might be worth a try. Being able to selectively switch it off only for single actors or races.

Many textures, for example the popular Ozmo skins, suffer from one other dreaded seam: On the inside of the (character's left) thigh. In the case of Ozmo textures there is a yellowish blotch that looks completely out of place. Mirroring the body texture's left half can remedy this seam as well as the prominent wrist seam/colour difference between both halves of the body, also on the back. Here is how to do this edit (reposted from another thread):

"You'd need to make a rectangular selection of the texture's left half, copy and paste it. This layer is flipped horizontally and then - the tricky part - perfectly placed over the right half. Temporarily reducing the layer's opacity helps with the placement (as soon as the layer is in place set the opacity back to maximum!). The seam where the layers overlap can then be removed, preferably with a layer mask and a soft brush. (Using the clone tool can also help.)

Saving a copy of this file in layers and keeping it, for example as a Photoshop PSD or layered TIFF, helps to edit the texture some more at anytime later if the result is not to your liking. Then the layers are flattened into one and the file is saved as a DDS texture.

Either DXT1 (explicit alpha) or DXT5 (interpolated alpha). It's important to place a checkmark next to 'Generate MIP maps'."

Thank you both for your advice.

I'm much calmed down now that I know Photoshop is responsible for that awesome neck seam I contemplated in awe and envy

I'm almost done. Gave up trying to make the damn thing disappear, but I managed to make things as similar as possible for most human races... now I've only a few left to make.

From the human texture, I'm just converting tones to fit other races and now only dark seducers and golden saints are left. For Argonians and Khajiit I'm using other things and for Dremora, I'm replacing them with a mashup made from parts and retextures from Abyss Demon race

I still have doubts about a blank EGT file... I think I have one blank for head06 If I'm right, thanks to Risray again, back in Nexus...

But I wasn't using it for this project since I noticed using it makes face textures look really really dark...

I figured a solution could be making the face texture a lot clearer and brighter, but it's borderline white color to get the desired result

Should I try this instead?

...*Sigh

I'm really working slow and wish I could do things faster, but this texture thing has been taking forever... After this I hope I can continue with the release of that armor replacer...

Thank you both for your advice.

I'm much calmed down now that I know Photoshop is responsible for that awesome neck seam I contemplated in awe and envy

I'm almost done. Gave up trying to make the damn thing disappear, but I managed to make things as similar as possible for most human races... now I've only a few left to make.

From the human texture, I'm just converting tones to fit other races and now only dark seducers and golden saints are left. For Argonians and Khajiit I'm using other things and for Dremora, I'm replacing them with a mashup made from parts and retextures from Abyss Demon race

I still have doubts about a blank EGT file... I think I have one blank for head06 If I'm right, thanks to Risray again, back in Nexus...

But I wasn't using it for this project since I noticed using it makes face textures look really really dark...

I figured a solution could be making the face texture a lot clearer and brighter, but it's borderline white color to get the desired result

Should I try this instead?

...*Sigh

I'm really working slow and wish I could do things faster, but this texture thing has been taking forever... After this I hope I can continue with the release of that armor replacer...

elalquimista, I was doing the same thing with amnes' race overhaul but got burnt out.

post-23292-0-22821800-1380517784_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-51547600-1380517796_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-76765800-1380517804_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-09348300-1380517823_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-11846300-1380517831_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-53102700-1380517849_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-37661000-1380517858_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-37935800-1380517865_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-81727800-1380517872_thumb.jpg

All the above are ingame screenshots with no photo editing applied afterwards. They're all using head06 moonshadow headmesh with modified amnes body and face textures. You'll find many things wrong with amnes' textures that makes eliminating neck seams hard. There are also small errors with eyebrows and eyes and just little things here and there that drove me crazy.

1. The agemaps use the wrong background color. The Bethesda standard is RGB#42 41 42.

2. Some of the agemap normals are y-axis flipped.

2. For some reason, the EGT files on nexus (i tried them all) give you strange results with HGEC, for example half-half body. The only one that doesn't is OFF: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/35487/?. But then you'll find that the eyebrows on amnes face textures are a little lower than standard so they don't line up with the eyebrows in the OFF EGT so you'll have to edit OFF...  BTW, you shouldn't go with a blank EGT because all the NPCs end up looking the same.

3. The head06 Tri file creates a neck tear everytime the NPC smiles.

post-23292-0-81242300-1380521121_thumb.jpg

4. Heaps of other problems I can't remember because its been so long.

5. Make up is too strong

post-23292-0-56272600-1380517811_thumb.jpg >>>  post-23292-0-75136900-1380517839_thumb.jpg

I was about to restart this project with blockhead and gerra6 tools... examine the EGTs, fix the tri issues, and use the gerra6's seam mender. I'm thinking blockhead will eliminate some problems that led me to burn out in the first place.

The first thing I'll do is check whether all the head06 meshes have been correctly exported with the seam mender.

Perhaps we can collaborate on this.

Amazing work! For some of the characters you managed to really make the seam disappear.

What are the odds that one of the people who actually did succeed in eliminating neck seams is stepping forward and considers making his work available? I do hope you will continue your project and iron out the current issues...

Personally I don't mind strong makeup at least on female characters.

One question though: What is that hairstyle for Alessia O., Claudette P. and this other woman? I'm not sure if I ever have seen that one. Is it included in the Amnes mod? Because I have this archive lying around somewhere, never checked it out.

Is the Skingrad woman Adrienne Berene? My version looks like this, with the character changed to a XEO Breton (NUDITY!):

AdrienneBerene.jpg

Sure, looks a bit too young to be the head of the Skingrad MG chapter. She's using advanced magic to conserve her youth.

The hair is from Amnes' Vanilla Race Deluxe. The face data is from Beautiful Women & Handsome Gents with Bash set to copy face geometry, hairs, eyes.

I was working with a videocard with only 320MB of ram uptil a few months ago so I tried to unify the male and female face textures to save vidmem space. That's why I got rid of most of the makeup -- the men wouldn't look all dolled up. It was an inelegant solution to have seperate male and female races like Amnes had and less make up looks better imo. I also tried to unify all races to use the same textures to save memory -- the way bethesda did it. I was quite successful too until I realized the men ended up with horrible body-head mismatch for reasons that are too technical and long winded to write here... that's when burn out happened.

But I must admit, using moonshadow head for women, especially imperial women, with their sexy british accents somehow makes them hot yet dignified at the same time. Adds heaps of charm to the game.

More pix:

post-23292-0-65205300-1380550679_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-47960000-1380550692_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-17844900-1380550994_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-08384900-1380551011_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-36616000-1380551020_thumb.jpg

Anyway, I have high hopes for blockhead and gerra's seam mender. The problem now is that blockhead opens up sooo many avenues to explore that it becomes hard to choose how far I want to take this.

Thanks for the link(s)! I already have about every mod by Amnes, just never actually looked at these files from the 'VRD' archive.

If only I had realized there is this cool hairstyle included...

My personal preference makes me like other head meshes more than the 06. That's the reason I'm using XEO races to change vanilla characters.

The Ren head is one of my favourites. Downside to XEO is the low quality of many textures so I'm slowly replacing them with customized ones over time. However I can imagine also using the 'Head 06' on a select few characters for more variety.

Perhaps we can collaborate on this.

That could be just wonderful. However your knowledge on this stuff seems way more advanced than mine, but again I put my moderate skills at the service of this project if you need anything. Just PM me or say here.

I say this because your pics look "almost" perfect, which is where I was aiming now that the photoshop perfection thing got cleared.

I guess I could also show you where my current project is...

Here goes a description for anyone interested:

BTW it's way different from most cosmetic overhauls, for starters, I maniacally placed every new eye and hair in folders "hair" and "eyes", then in subfolders according to their titles or creators... keeping things more ordered makes navigating through Oblivion folder less messy.

Another thing Is I included only the hairs and eyes I liked, I even modified some, and I got some hairs that remain very rare and not every mod contains it... I'd say they're the next rare thing and even above the quality of SKS hairs. My main char, uses one of these  :D

2125204-1379767591.jpg

Eyes retextured my me too...

I also placed everything in an esm file, so ANY customization or addition can be built on top of that and use it's resources, even make custom races from it.

For other non-human races Im using custom race-mashups, so my Dremora look like this:

40180-1-1326484560.jpg

:D

Eiries', creation, not mine, but I recreated it and oh yes, I retextured that demon race to have those colors...

Also added horns

Im trying to make my Khajiit look like this:

5896669-1359739764.png

"Khajiit Jess" on Nexus. I just love her(?) work. IMHO, she has the best Khajiits I've ever seen in Oblivion.

Im only missing the whiskers, since I think I got the textures from Nuska's mod, but Jess' textures are in white recolor

Speaking of which, in that mod Khajiit look like this: 

43612-1-1369494934.jpg

I messed a bit with the face sliders in the mod esp

The idea was to make Khajiit look so good that they had nothing to envy to any Tabaxi or other cat race

Argonians in that mod look like this:

43612-2-1369669703.jpg

But I got rid of the age map variation and the ugly cartoon green, made textures darker to emulate this:

Argonian_with_sword.jpg

Not finished yet since I'm not happy with the neck seam either and I can't post real pictures of my game yet because I'm currently away from my secret lair where I actually have the game and the mod in construction

And finally one I can post, is the preview image I posted about how my orcs look now. I have Amnes to thank since he was kind enough to convert age maps for me cause I've no idea how to convert a vanilla mapped texture to a head06 mapped one without disrupting the entire fabric of space time continuum... or just messing things up a lot for the matter.

2125204-1379966357.jpg

I took some things from Ploms race overhaul here at LL, (teeth) but the darker green textures for body and head06 are my own conversions. Don't need to say hair is also from my complilation. Also... eye shadow everywhere...

So orcs are not those ugly trolls Bethesda gave us in the original game, but they arent just pretty green people like some other mods gave us either.

What's Left:

So now the only thing keeping me from completing this is that damn neck seam.

"Unstable" current files (The ones that keep changing to get perfect result) are textures and head files.

Need to find the perfect egt file, I haven't noticed any smile neck crack from the tri files I was using... but maybe I need to check

And then I think I only need one thing... an optimally matched face and body texture... I'm almost certain I can make every other race from that... just a matter of recoloring and adjusting settings like brightness, contrasts etc...

One more thing

I wasn't using HGEC textures that came with the mod, I was using a mix from these ones

Don't let em fool ya, they look very nice and that High Imperial race I posted in the first picture of the OP post, is using them.

Of course I had to apply some tricks to replace certain things from that high res pack everything else uses in Amne's mod (I think it's Nec's but I'm not sure). The one problem with that texture is it has seams everywhere, but replacing the edges of the UV layout with the other texture and blending them works well to getting rid of the inner seams and making it more compatible with faces.

Now for the facial texture, almost everything is mergeable too, as long as it fits the egt file everything is fine. By the same merging process I can almost combine everything, like a neck from original Head06 mod with Amnes face texture, or any neck with that face. I just need the neck that combines better with the body and I can put a face in it. Same "neck merging" can be applied to a body, but I've yet to find a body texture with the optimal neck.

In the end It all comes down to finding the best neck in egt file, a tri file, a face texture and normal map, and a body texture and normal map. Then any face or body can be glued to the neck... In theory...

In theory also finding this optimal neck is the first step and then every other race recolor can be made from it.

So far, your attempts Junkacc, are the best un-photoshopped necks I've ever seen

I'd love to take a look at your egt, tri and texture files and see how they behave in my PC, like I said, I think they're the only thing keeping me from completion.

I'm very interested in cooperating, and If there's anything you request or you have any other ideas I'm all ears...

* "Screw MBP!" one does not need all those extra races to make one's game awesome! This can be done entirely by vanilla tweaking  :lol:

Besides... I don't enjoy having all that huge mod adding so many stuff I'm never gonna use...

Sorry for that XD

hairs that remain very rare

I retextured that demon race... Also added horns

"Screw MBP!" one does not need all those extra races to make one's game awesome!

Now that is rare indeed.

XEODremoraFemale.jpg

(Custom Xivilai-coloured) XEO Dremora Female.

Hey, I have discovered yet another effective technique to conceal the neck seam! Using a pose.

Personally I don't like this hairstyle very much. These long strands are constantly clipping like crazy.

"Try MBP (and XEO)!" because more races mean more variety and thus fun. They also offer numerous nice resources for custom races.

After screwing around with gerra's seam mender i got it to a point much better than my previous attempts. Works quite well when moving the age and complexion sliders in showracemenu.

post-23292-0-21193100-1380655910_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-26404200-1380655923_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-63364000-1380655936_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-72168100-1380655950_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-04741100-1380655969_thumb.jpg

note: this is using solid (one color) textures for albedo, age, and normals.

Pretty good considering this is with agemaps and EGT enabled, but there's that pesky dark border where the neck seam is. Also, by snapping to the body's neckseam with gerra's tool a micro-gap emerged and that neck tear when smiling got bigger.

So anyway I decided to try it with the default bethesda head.

post-23292-0-86017700-1380656418_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-84856700-1380656407_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-25182300-1380656395_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-92217000-1380656384_thumb.jpg

Turned out perfect! Neckseams are almost invisible. Dammit head06 strikes again.

Ohwell... I know why head06 does this. The neck part of the UV map is so short on head06 that the border -- that the engine for some reason makes darker -- gets stretched. There's some darkness at the border on the default head too but is short enough to be unnoticeable.

It's not a deal breaker and might get better with real skin textures but a proper fix will require UV remapping. And someone seriously needs to redo the head06.tri file. The micro-gap and smile-gap sucks!!!

post-23292-0-02618600-1380661706_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-27828400-1380661885_thumb.jpg

Dammit head06 strikes again.

There are plenty of reasons why I don't like that particular head mesh very much...

May I ask if this is a 'vanilla' (unedited) variant of the 'Head06'? It's because for all of my installed races that are using it I have overwritten the mesh with the tweaked/improved version from here. Only a slight improvement over the original, but still.

Great work! Keep it up.

I'm kinda jumping in here, but those pictures look like mesh based seams.

As other people stated, you can mend seams with Photoshop, however it's just a partial sucesss. Every different body type handles neck weights and normals differently, and the same goes to every different head meshes.

There is a way to eliminate this 'normal seam' issue if you have a copy of blender and the true normal exe patch. However, directly modifying the head mesh isn't a good idea because the head is involved in egm/tri morphs, vertex orders, such kind of shits. Due to the nifscript's imperfect nature it is a very tedious process to edit head meshes.

So far the most succesful way to mend the neck seam was adjusting the upperbody part of the neck line to a favorite head mesh, for me. Well, I tried it but then gave up for an obvious reason. They are.. plenty.

It's possible to edit head06 mesh. But from what I've experienced some heads such as Evy/ FF refuses blender editing.

Dammit head06 strikes again.

There are plenty of reasons why I don't like that particular head mesh very much...

May I ask if this is a 'vanilla' (unedited) variant of the 'Head06'? It's because for all of my installed races that are using it I have overwritten the mesh with the tweaked/improved version from here. Only a slight improvement over the original, but still.

Great work! Keep it up.

Yup, all head06 variants have the same problem.

I'm kinda jumping in here, but those pictures look like mesh based seams.

As other people stated, you can mend seams with Photoshop, however it's just a partial sucesss. Every different body type handles neck weights and normals differently, and the same goes to every different head meshes.

There is a way to eliminate this 'normal seam' issue if you have a copy of blender and the true normal exe patch. However, directly modifying the head mesh isn't a good idea because the head is involved in egm/tri morphs, vertex orders, such kind of shits. Due to the nifscript's imperfect nature it is a very tedious process to edit head meshes.

So far the most succesful way to mend the neck seam was adjusting the upperbody part of the neck line to a favorite head mesh, for me. Well, I tried it but then gave up for an obvious reason. They are.. plenty.

It's possible to edit head06 mesh. But from what I've experienced some heads such as Evy/ FF refuses blender editing.

Some headmeshes are put together haphazardly just for the looks, but there was alot of work put into head06 back in the day when there weren't many tools. Very impressive for just a hexeditor, but so many gotchas lurking waiting to pounce when it comes to headmeshes.

Anyway, I found this tool: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14589/?

And this: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/35037//?

The description from the above states:

-Replace FaceGen Morph

Replaces one FaceGen Morph that you can select from the properties plane in the

right side of the window. Accuracy refers to how small are the distances that

will be taken into consideration when generating the replaced facegen

morph.High value means low accuracy and will cause bumps and distorsions in the

morph.

Ignore list refers to the vertices that won't be altered in any way in the

morph. This is to always preserve the exact position of the neck's vertices or

else an annoying seam can occur. Ideally,the accuracy should be set to 0,every

change will be accounted for, and the ignore list should consist of neck and

seam vertices. You can select which one to replace from a drop-down list in the

properties plane. These morphs are used to customize the face in the race menu.

But this is aproach may be very wrong and it almost impossbile to do anything

just by replacing the face morphs since each of them affect at least 3 sliders

in the race menu.

Well I got tired of looking at the mesh gaps so tried to go back to normal headmesh.

post-23292-0-21339600-1380754178_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-09300300-1380754189_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-17950000-1380754199_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-36152200-1380754212_thumb.jpg

Looks passable but not erection material.

so back to pouring over documentation from various sources... it's surprising how many people complained about the head06 micro-gap and smile-gap over the years but noone did anything about it.

I think I got it fixed. Turned out to be a simple fix too.

post-23292-0-55092600-1380754433_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-45914800-1380754450_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-08717900-1380754472_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-26059800-1380754484_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-14616600-1380754496_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-86247500-1380754505_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-63790600-1380754516_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-46476000-1380755508_thumb.jpg

Now to finish up the EGTs... we're almost there...

What about the other files you had? The first pictures you posted show a moderate neck seam... I mean it's not perfect but it's probably the closest thing that can be achieved with head06

If you want perfection you're probably stuck with vanilla head or Ren's, but you sacrifice a lot of quality, specially in the mouth area

Do you still have them or the went into the nothing?

I was almost done with this but I still can finish... another project got in the way.

I also experimented a lot of envy last weekend I did some stuff.

I wanted to create a special edition for x117 races using head06. For all purposes, I succeeded, I only need the same final textures and egm files I was needing for normal races, since I plan on converting textures from a "mother" group of files.

I thought my idea was very original "Hey look an x117 race using head06, that has never been seen before" WRONG

The Easterners already did it

post-6429-0-39665300-1381280128_thumb.jpg

...Or maybe not, I'm not sure but that head sure looks better quality than vanilla head

In fact they probably already did everything we Westerners will ever do in modding long before we do

They are years ahead of us in modding and have stuff so rare it is unlikely we'll ever see

And YES that's the sound of envy eating through my guts

But is this the 'Head06'? Hardly. Just look at the nostrils, one of the most characteristic features of that particular head. The nose shape on the picture is completely different, the lips as well.

I'd say this is very probably the x117 version of the Lop-Ear Elf II head. A mesh about everyone is using for all sorts of x117 custom races. Only a limited few x117 races are using scaled-up vanilla heads. 'Kunne' and 'Mitzha' for example.

But is this the 'Head06'? Hardly. Just look at the nostrils, one of the most characteristic features of that particular head. The nose shape on the picture is completely different, the lips as well.

I'd say this is very probably the x117 version of the Lop-Ear Elf II head. A mesh about everyone is using for all sorts of x117 custom races. Only a limited few x117 races are using scaled-up vanilla heads. 'Kunne' and 'Mitzha' for example.

Correct. That is a lop ear elf head

And this is the lop-eared06 elf shaped head06. (x110 size)

post-39899-0-85868200-1381334484_thumb.jpg

post-39899-0-33834100-1381334483_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately my (head06 default imperial) texture is shit and I was too lazy to do seam mend work for a small test.

Moreover Iooks like I forgot to adjust the age slider...

For smoother surface it needs more work. Do you see the potential here?

Cause I'm not quite sure... I think LeE06 head is pretty cute already, more than LeE II, as Poontank said.

Hold on to your horses, it's getting there. I've got the neckseams to the point where it's as good or better than with default head neckseams. I think I'll release this as a resource pack with all the head06 heads I can find, all with their normals and incorrect neck vertices fixed. Also included will be the fixed EGM and TRI files and instructions on how to create textures that will not muck it up.

Head06 suffers from a tangled web of problems -- fixing one just leads to another. I'm currently checking males (females are almost perfect now). I think with males, the armor is partly to blame, it's like the Fallout3 Type3 situation where the head and neck meet at such angles that it's impossible to fix. Oh and Redguards... don't get me started on Redguards. You'll have to do what Robert ended up doing with this body replacer -- supply a seperate body texture for Redguards, for some reason the engine can't deal with them too well. Anyway, some pix of guys.

post-23292-0-43538700-1381341313_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-21030200-1381341326_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-66637100-1381341336_thumb.jpgpost-23292-0-80793700-1381341349_thumb.jpg

With the last guy, if you kill him and take off his clothes, it looks perfect for some reason.

Anyway, I'd be interested in the armor pack you're doing elalquimista. How extensive is it? I ask because I've realized some of these stock armor & clothes replacers also need work to fix neckseams. Oh and since you'll be using my stuff, can I have the face data for this chick?

43351-1-1361893930.jpg

IMPORTANT READING FOR ALL OF YOU:

Smoothen Inter-Object Seams: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4539

Thus, shouldn't be used if you don't want normals recalculated on export.

Export Specular Bug: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4545

A special note regarding the Specular Bug: Almost all the female armor and clothes replacers I use have their skin speculars zeroed out. The default Bethesda value for this is #FFFFFF and ideally, should be re-entered via Nifskope. Most of the male stuff don't suffer from this problem because either Robert uses 3DMax or is very meticulous with his work.

And this is the lop-eared06 elf shaped head06. (x110 size)

attachicon.gifOblivion 2013-10-10 00-53-58-86.jpg

attachicon.gifhead06lopear06.JPG

Unfortunately my (head06 default imperial) texture is shit and I was too lazy to do seam mend work for a small test.

Moreover Iooks like I forgot to adjust the age slider...

For smoother surface it needs more work. Do you see the potential here?

Cause I'm not quite sure... I think LeE06 head is pretty cute already, more than LeE II, as Poontank said.

That's really nice. I was thinking after I release the modders pack, I could make a simple esp that converts all MBP-xeo races into head06 ones. I just don't like having such huge and unwieldly things such as MBP on my computer.

The child race stuff would be great for that!

With the last guy, if you kill him and take off his clothes, it looks perfect for some reason.

This is due to the fact that 99.9% of all clothes and armors contain a portion of exposed body.  That exposed body part then has UV map instructions and that is where the seam can come back.  The only way to eliminate this is to hand edit the UV map for each and every clothing and armor that contains an exposed neck.   :(

Now can you see why necklace\chain mods came into existence?  Necklace\chain plugins are merely a desperate attempt to generically fix something that could take hundreds upon hundreds of hours to manually correct.

Archived