[mod] Deviant's Mask

For the new version, if you have the "committed dog lover" trait and you lose the dog, you have the option to get the 1st level "fond of canines" trait again (keeping both fame traits). But you no longer have the play with your dog minor decision. Is that a bug or is it working as intended?

41 minutes ago, myname789 said:

For the new version, if you have the "committed dog lover" trait and you lose the dog, you have the option to get the 1st level "fond of canines" trait again (keeping both fame traits). But you no longer have the play with your dog minor decision. Is that a bug or is it working as intended?

That is indeed a bug, I forgot to add the limit on tier two and three traits so it only gives a new dog. The last third trait currently has no content on it. 

I feel like If the religion has deviancy accepted/virtuous, bestiality should not have negative penalty.

The virility saint could get some years of fertility bonus to go along with the immortal trait.

This is kinda weird; I found that my queen can be celibate on top of blackmailvictim and get never get pregnant from blackmail event.

Edited by krappaclub
59 minutes ago, krappaclub said:

I feel like If the religion has deviancy accepted/virtuous, bestiality should not have negative penalty.

The virility saint could get some years of fertility bonus to go along with the immortal trait.

This is kinda weird; I found that my queen can be celibate on top of blackmailvictim and get never get pregnant from blackmail event.

If things ever get to it, there should be another layer of ruling a "perverted kingdom" either by corruption or by religious virtues/tenants but there is already plenty of half-done modules in the mod that I don't feel like expanding the scope just yet. Also, I was thinking she would be specifically "a male virility saint", being "a fertility saint" would be a different thing. 

I could always block all events for celibates or have events remove the celibate trait if people are bothered by it. It's a weird trait anyways, like paradox apparently were unable to stop random pregnancies for chars without giving -1000 fertility even though being celibate does not magically make you infertile. 

Edited by kngelo
10 minutes ago, kngelo said:

Also, I was thinking she would be specifically "a male virility saint", being "a fertility saint" would be a different thing.

I misinterpret the word "virility", my bad.

11 minutes ago, kngelo said:

I could always block all events for celibates or have events remove the celibate trait if people are bothered by it. It's a weird trait anyways, like paradox apparently were unable to stop random pregnancies for chars without giving -1000 fertility even though being celibate does not magically make you infertile. 

It should not be the priority. Anyway, this mod is awesome for corruption enjoyer.

19 minutes ago, Orc Dominion said:

Love the mod! Thanks for uploading! Do you have a rough plan on what events you're going to work on next?

Would love to see a continuation of the horse and dancer/camp harlot event chains.

My plans change based on how I feel like it but currently I plan on doing some "random perversion" random events that involve vassals or courtiers. Then maybe some lustful female only "CYOA short story events." After I might go through the "lustful female content" and improve and make each of the modules at least feel somewhat complete. Though not including writing contributions since the coding part is notably faster for me than trying to write events that are not just place holders. 

Edited by kngelo
13 hours ago, mikeelfen said:

currently there no more event after being "committed dog lover" right?

I don't get anymore event after reaching that stage or is it just bugged for me

Indeed, there is no content for the committed stage yet. 

8 hours ago, Cloaked_One said:

So, I updated deviant mask, and the launcher is telling me that the descriptor is not valid. Is there a workaround for this?

help1.PNG

help2.png

Usually this issue comes when the mod author forgets to swap their own PC mod path out of the file that accompanies the mod folder. But since that does not seem to be the case this time. I'm assuming something else has gone wrong, either try dropping a new deviants_mask.mod file into the mod folder or try opening the one you have in notepad and look if the path points into CK3's mod folder. 

7 hours ago, kngelo said:

Usually this issue comes when the mod author forgets to swap their own PC mod path out of the file that accompanies the mod folder. But since that does not seem to be the case this time. I'm assuming something else has gone wrong, either try dropping a new deviants_mask.mod file into the mod folder or try opening the one you have in notepad and look if the path points into CK3's mod folder. 

So I deleted and redownloaded the mod, still giving me the same issue. I opened it with notepad++ and it does point to CK3's mod folder; just like the other mods.

19 hours ago, Cloaked_One said:

So I deleted and redownloaded the mod, still giving me the same issue. I opened it with notepad++ and it does point to CK3's mod folder; just like the other mods.

So apparently this was some sort of a launcher error and was fixed with a re-install of the game. 

Liege blackmail event could get a frequency increase. Unlike, vassals that you can have plenty of them, you have only one liege. Traits restriction for liege could also be more forgiving; I have to save edit to give one of the possible traits for blackmail to trigger.  When the liege dies, I have to do it again because his heir also has no appropriate traits.

I got "It comes" event and lose genius trait ? It does not feel good to lose positive traits. Maybe a negative modifier is better.

Edited by krappaclub
25 minutes ago, krappaclub said:

Liege blackmail event could get a frequency increase. Unlike, vassals that you can have plenty of them, you have only one liege. Traits restriction for liege could also be more forgiving; I have to save edit to give one of the possible traits for blackmail to trigger.  When the liege dies, I have to do it again because his heir also has no appropriate traits.

I got "It comes" event and lose genius trait ? It does not feel good to lose positive traits. Maybe a negative modifier is better.

I guess I could be more clear that letting the demon impregnate you is the "bimbofying" route. Like you lose intelligence/ugly traits and gain beauty ones as you do it. If you don't want that, just do anal.

later on, I would add other paths to immortality but I want them to have at least "some punishing effects" that are different. Though I'm thinking of developing the idea to have most punishment/reward stuff happen via trait track management so it won't affect base game traits.

Also, at the current rate, there will be plenty of content for "various situations," so I'm thinking of "respecting" the ck 3 personality traits a bit more so you for example won't 100% be always blackmailed by your liege. especially since as you mention, there is only one event for it. 

13 hours ago, krappaclub said:

The liege issue is liege event is so rare even with the trait. I mostly get blackmailed by vassal, saint event, and pleasure service event.

inside the mod folder, common\on_action\deviant_random_events.txt

and then find "200 = deviantsgo_blackmail.5100" There change the 200 into 600 or something if you want the liege event far more often. You can also increase the number above it from 400 to have the event to designate the liege into a blackmailer far more often

and if you want blackmail far more often, look at the top of the blackmail events at "chance_to_happen = 30" and boost that to how likely you want an event to trigger every quarter. 

Love this mod. Few years back I proposed the author of the mod "thief" for skyrim to launch a patreon page. The same goes to the author of this mod. It has a great potential to become a game in itself. Like dota that owergrowed warcraft.  Though I must mention that this mod can never gain the same populatiry as the mod for skyrim for obvious reason - much less people play historic strategy game.

But... if you would ever make a separate game about a deviant queen... I am sure it will be succesful. 

11 minutes ago, Daedr said:

Love this mod. Few years back I proposed the author of the mod "thief" for skyrim to launch a patreon page. The same goes to the author of this mod. It has a great potential to become a game in itself. Like dota that owergrowed warcraft.  Though I must mention that this mod can never gain the same populatiry as the mod for skyrim for obvious reason - much less people play historic strategy game.

But... if you would ever make a separate game about a deviant queen... I am sure it will be succesful. 

I will have to think about it, maybe if I ever feel like doing more than just a "fun hobby project." Like the advantage of being just an "unpopular mod" is that I can focus on the fun bits without having to learn new/boring things, like entirety of a game engine, coding UI, coding mechanics to gameplay, writing boring flavour events/plot, managing art commissions. And prob countless other things that would just sap all my interest in a week or two. Like the internet is already full of half/barely started lewd games with great promise and I do not want to add to that. 

16 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

I've noticed that some courtesans got performers skill increase but none of the other 3. And what the heck is that religious exp line?

the current exp gain is kind of random as only options that "teach" something to the courtesan earn them exp, or at least so I planned it to work. I will be reworking the exp gain eventually, at some point. Also, the religious exp line is basically a whore pretending to be a nun and taking confessions while jerking cocks or stuff like that for example. 

simp_chinese.zipAuthor Da Da, this is a new version of the Chinese version. I tried to get someone to use it before uploading it to you. In fact, I haven't received much feedback. It's worth mentioning that someone told me that there was no resolution for startup events after installing the module. At first, I thought it was his problem, but when I added a new module, my startup resolution also disappeared, but I haven't adjusted it through sorting now, I think it can be adjusted through sorting.

simp_chinese.zip