[mod] Deviant's Mask

1 hour ago, DonPerdo89 said:

Where are ya'll putting it in your load order. I've been moving it around trying to find the right spot, but I keep crashing.

I have it at the top, it adds nothing that should over write and conflict with anything. If it won't crash without my mod. I would love to see your mod list, in case there is something I'm missing. 

On 8/11/2023 at 9:12 AM, kngelo said:

I have it at the top, it adds nothing that should over write and conflict with anything. If it won't crash without my mod. I would love to see your mod list, in case there is something I'm missing. 

Moving to the top resolved the issue for me. Thanks!

On 8/19/2023 at 9:10 PM, xyzxyz said:

Can the mods event cause children? Does it matter what sex event I choose?

Only options that show the vanilla you "lay with" someone has preg or other vanilla sex effects. Though I don't now remember if the option on focusing on vaginal in the orgy shows it, but that has preg chance too, like it's heavily implied that would have preg chance.

On 8/19/2023 at 9:19 PM, xyzxyz said:

The sorting options for the orgy guests are pretty good but can we get one for age too? 20/20 guests of my 3 orgy were 60 or older. Which is not very sexy for me^^

Since I don't want to cap the max age for both sexes. Just kicking out courtiers who are too old should do it/looking who accepts. Though like, it's one line if you want to do it yourself. Or just replace this file with this one to cap it at 45.

common/activities/activity_types/deviantgo_orgy.txt "age <= 45" if you want some other cap age, change the 45

deviantgo_orgy.txt

Edited by kngelo
4 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Why is everybody looking so scared befor the orgy starts? Those are my lovers or extended relatives.

Random reactions, not really something I put that much effort into limiting by trait of anything. Just copied the default ck 3 reaction code for the window. 

I made my own modifications to the orgy event, making it larger and longer than the 2 weeks. Only problem is, all of the activity log "action" happens in one day. The other two player events only happen once as well. How would I space it out so the events replay over multiple days and the activity log stuff plays over the extended time?

11 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Why is everybody looking so scared befor the orgy starts? Those are my lovers or extended relatives.20230820120349_1.thumb.jpg.53e3f01ac6ac4ac0ed8934c753addbaf.jpg

I was wondering that too. But, poking around the deviantgo_orgy.txt file, I might have found it. Just look for scripted_animation or triggered_animation and delete the one labeled fear or any others.

8 hours ago, GE16JD said:

I made my own modifications to the orgy event, making it larger and longer than the 2 weeks. Only problem is, all of the activity log "action" happens in one day. The other two player events only happen once as well. How would I space it out so the events replay over multiple days and the activity log stuff plays over the extended time?

All the logs are triggered by AI only events, that are triggered for all AI participants by an option you click. Female and male AI get their own options or events. It was the only way I figured out how to have the log amount scale with the number of participants. So if you wanted more logs to trigger each day, you could look at what events the player options trigger for All/participants that only trigger for AI and multiply them but add delays for the trigger. Though for that to make sense in my opinion, there would need to be far more logs. Also if you look at how I did the event where you decide what you focus on when fucking around, you can just trigger more events like that but with a delay, and one event triggers another the next day. 

trigger_event = { 
            id = streaker_go.600

days = 1 
 }   

or use "days = { 2 5 }" if you want random range. 

Also, if you want to publish your own version of the orgy, you have my full support. Especially since I do not plan on focusing on it for a while. 

Also, since it's brought up again, I went through the list of the animations that can trigger, and changed them. Will be in the post update after the next ck 3 patch in a few days. Now they drink up and stuff instead of being in fear, unless they craven, who worry. 

Edited by kngelo

Since the 0.2.8.7 update for some reasons my characters don't get the sadistic trait with Embrace your dreams decision. Lustful they do get, but not the other. It just removes one trait, but doesn't add sadistic. Overall, nice mod. I think it'll stay one of the permanent ones.

Edited by AngerMan
On 8/23/2023 at 11:27 AM, AngerMan said:

Since the 0.2.8.7 update for some reasons my characters don't get the sadistic trait with Embrace your dreams decision. Lustful they do get, but not the other. It just removes one trait, but doesn't add sadistic. Overall, nice mod. I think it'll stay one of the permanent ones.

Odd, I'm unable to replicate "not getting sadistic" even after turning several rulers around Europe. If the char had some new personality trait not on the list of traits to be removed, that would only affect removing the trait. But if there is space, there should be no reason why sadistic could not be added. Unless some other mod was interfering with the base game sadistic trait. But even then, if they are just edited and not removed, it should still add the edited sadistic trait. 

So I would need a bit more info to find a solution. 

Does the option to pick sadistic show that it will add sadistic in the tooltip/icon?

And does the issue persist if you turn off all other mods and start a new game?

Another issue I can think of is something, somehow being corrupted and the mod needing a fresh install without overwrite. 

EDIT:

OR does your character have "callous" personality trait? Because sadistic apparently has 2 opposite traits. I will fix this in the next update. 

If someone has to make a callous person sadistic before the next update, just replace the file in the events folder with this. 

-removed the fix file since it's in the mod now

Edited by kngelo
32 minutes ago, kngelo said:

Odd, I'm unable to replicate "not getting sadistic" even after turning several rulers around Europe. If the char had some new personality trait not on the list of traits to be removed, that would only affect removing the trait. But if there is space, there should be no reason why sadistic could not be added. Unless some other mod was interfering with the base game sadistic trait. But even then, if they are just edited and not removed, it should still add the edited sadistic trait. 

So I would need a bit more info to find a solution. 

Does the option to pick sadistic show that it will add sadistic in the tooltip/icon?

And does the issue persist if you turn off all other mods and start a new game?

Another issue I can think of is something, somehow being corrupted and the mod needing a fresh install without overwrite. 

EDIT:

OR does your character have "callous" personality trait? Because sadistic apparently has 2 opposite traits. I will fix this in the next update. 

If someone has to make a callous person sadistic before the next update, just replace the file in the events folder with this. 

pervert_mask_go_events.txt 51.95 kB · 0 downloads

Yes, the character has callous as one of the traits. It doesn't add sadistic even if he's on just 2 traits. Will use the file you gave, thanks!

When you have the mask it adds mainly traveling events right?

If it does I want to add I really love some of them for role-playing aspects. My only suggestion us the "Seed Thief" one I think because those characters always have the witch trait, they should have a chance, (like 20-25%), of having an Intellect trait. Any one of the Quick, Intelligent or Genius.

Oh, is there a way to make the "go streaking" trigger more often? I always feel like I only get to do it once every 10 years lol.

8 hours ago, Wra7hofAchilles said:

When you have the mask it adds mainly traveling events right?

If it does I want to add I really love some of them for role-playing aspects. My only suggestion us the "Seed Thief" one I think because those characters always have the witch trait, they should have a chance, (like 20-25%), of having an Intellect trait. Any one of the Quick, Intelligent or Genius.

Oh, is there a way to make the "go streaking" trigger more often? I always feel like I only get to do it once every 10 years lol.

I would not say the mod mainly adds traveling events as there are only 10 of them. but you are right about the random chars needing to have more variety so they better act as random chance recruitment events while traveling. 

The idea kind of is that I add easier access to streaking as the lustful/sadistic/female/male get topical content. The next update will add somewhat reliable way for females to go streaking after they progress the look-alike whore track.

Thanks for the update, humiliation content is what I am here for.

The eventual penalties of the immortality trait are quite big. I don't mind, for the most part, as long as it doesn't inflict incapable permanently and it does feel organic. However, having no intrigue makes me worried about being assassinated.

Maybe somehow add a trait that adds hostile scheme resistance?

Also, I really like the prisoner events but I am hoping for an event, or events, to inflict like a "devil's teat" trait on the player's female ruler.

3 minutes ago, Rexie said:

Thanks for the update, humiliation content is what I am here for.

The eventual penalties of the immortality trait are quite big. I don't mind, for the most part, as long as it doesn't inflict incapable permanently and it does feel organic. However, having no intrigue makes me worried about being assassinated.

Maybe somehow add a trait that adds hostile scheme resistance?

Also, I really like the prisoner events but I am hoping for an event, or events, to inflict like a "devil's teat" trait on the player's female ruler.

You should be around 100 years old by the time you get to 100 exp. And the point kind of is that it's cursed. But it definitely needs more gameplay eventually and means to manage it. And having something like the devil's teat tied to the blackmail content might be interesting.

1 hour ago, krappaclub said:

Can I install the new version mod and play the save game which was started on an older version (1 update difference)?

There should be no issues, but as always, make a save before you update the mod to see if works, CK3 can sometimes do weird stuff. 

Hello author! Because I noticed that your device mask mod has not yet been translated into Chinese, I have been working on the translation work in the past few days and should be able to complete it within the next week. I hope to obtain your authorization to move it to a game forum in China, and also hope to add my localization to your module in the future

3 hours ago, Dark_Crow said:

Hello author! Because I noticed that your device mask mod has not yet been translated into Chinese, I have been working on the translation work in the past few days and should be able to complete it within the next week. I hope to obtain your authorization to move it to a game forum in China, and also hope to add my localization to your module in the future

I have no issues with people redistributing the mod in other languages. As long they don't claim to be the original author. But also point out that I have nothing to do with the translation. 

Edited by kngelo