[mod] Deviant's Mask

So, my ruler just unlocked the "Those Dreams" trait. She was 68 at the time, and now she looks young and, according to the console, is back to 100% fertility. I don't know if that was intended, since I didn't read that in the description, but damn, what a twist. Loving this mod.

EDIT: I see this was intentional, because I just got an event regarding my ruler's youth. This just gets better.

Edited by kanne28

Would we get an update before Legends of the Dead DLC drops? The legends feature seems like a nice feature to have for this mod, but I suspect it'll be a paid feature from the DLC because I can't see them doing "pay us to get sick".

1 hour ago, AquaJet said:

Would we get an update before Legends of the Dead DLC drops? The legends feature seems like a nice feature to have for this mod, but I suspect it'll be a paid feature from the DLC because I can't see them doing "pay us to get sick".

There probably won't be updates before the version update for the next DLC.(So far only compatibility updates I have needed to do is change the version number in the info file) I'm currently rethinking things and focusing on a few other things. Also distracted about the possibilities about managing a "courtesan dynasty" as a landless character... something I'm personally more interested in since it does not lock the player character being a ruler. But that would be a separate mod/addon that uses the legends feature and/or other dlcs as requirements as needed since it would be built around those features. 

6 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

One of my courtiers got the collar and later the harness but only the collar is visible. She is still fully dressed. The debuffs are active though.

And can only one courtier at a time get them?

I'm pretty sure those are not from my mod but probably Lazy's Dynamic Affairs. 

• 2 weeks later...

this mod is so funny. thank you.

Perhaps this idea I have could be of assistance. The final aspect of the blackmail involves draining the player's prestige instead of gold, for example, through an event where the player is publicly humiliated, thereby losing support, as a minor concession to the blackmailer.

Ultimately, this scenario will lead to the player being forced to submit their heir to the blackmailer, ensuring that the cycle of blackmail continues into the next generation.

Alternatively, involving a rival who despises the player could be a simpler narrative approach.

I could contribute to this mod. Please let me know what kind of help you need.

Edited by localmagic1
On 2/26/2024 at 6:01 PM, localmagic1 said:

this mod is so funny. thank you.

Perhaps this idea I have could be of assistance. The final aspect of the blackmail involves draining the player's prestige instead of gold, for example, through an event where the player is publicly humiliated, thereby losing support, as a minor concession to the blackmailer.

Ultimately, this scenario will lead to the player being forced to submit their heir to the blackmailer, ensuring that the cycle of blackmail continues into the next generation.

Alternatively, involving a rival who despises the player could be a simpler narrative approach.

I could contribute to this mod. Please let me know what kind of help you need.

Most ideas with CK3 tend to be limited on what is practical to do in the code. And how easy it's for me personally figure it out. Also, being humiliated by a rival is content that is definitely on the list. Currently the biggest issue I have is the utter mess some of the stuff in the upcoming DLCs will do. Not to mention the second DLC about playing as a none ruler will most likely fundamentally change multiple things how the game will work. so I'm saving some strength to deal with that.  

9 hours ago, lorda888 said:

Does the mod work with anyone with V1.12.1? , it doesn't work for me.

How does it not work? does it not show up in the launcher? the start decision won't show up? Like, even the "first" version of this mod half a year ago should still "work" even with the warning label in the launcher. 

6 hours ago, kngelo said:

If I was forced to say right now, I probably won't update for a few months, maybe not even before the next DLC for various reasons. 

Okay, looking forward to your next update

For some reason the 2.9.11 version says it has a virus? not sure if anyone else is having this issue 

Posted (edited)

Can people who detected the trojan say what program gave them the warning, I'm assuming it's not just the windows defender? Though even that should not trigger any issues if there is none. 

Uploaded it again but since I can't replicate the warning I'm not sure what is causing it. The only malicious thing I can think about from my end is if something from my computer "sneaked in" and hid itself into the folder during compressing the file. And there are no executables so even win defender should not give false alarms. so something odd definitely happened. 

Though can't really figure out what would even give false positives, besides that it might be something to do with zipping or one of the pictures but I did nothing differently from previous versions so that is doubtful. 

Also, I can't replicate the issue with a windows defender, so I'm assuming, some other program gave the warnings?

Edited by kngelo

5 minutes ago, (\x.x x) (\x.x x) said:

Might also be just one of those oversenetive AI detections. Anyway, I uploaded it to https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/1164d8fd61c30e3ba69c8296456aa996c56da93181fadc90688b82d4d820a6e7/detection and it came back with nothing detected.

Even though, there is nothing in a bunch of text files and pictures that should give false alarms. 

But, it appears that some other ck 3 mod is also suddenly triggering virus alarms. so might not even be from my end. And the reports were from a certain time period so maybe there was some "passing issue" with the download server or something. 

2 hours ago, (\x.x x) (\x.x x) said:

Does this mod need/benefit from an update for the new Carnalitas release?

this mod has no connectivity with other mods. 

First of all let me say I love the mod and how the events are written, played out and how much variety there already is! Big, BIG KUDOS!

I for one would hope for some more blackmail/impregnation events in which the partner is doing some humiliating. For example like the sex with a commoner out in the streets.

Maybe some events with your liege, or family members as well? Or some related events to the players bastard children that came from it all?

Otherwise the only complaint I'd have would be how slow some traits are progressing for example the blackmail traits - by the time he tries to force a marriage with my queen I was already 47 and the blackmail started with me being ~19. I know I could get young again but I'd like for the submissive choices to progress the trait MUCH faster. 

Edited by Xarin89
On 3/8/2024 at 5:17 PM, Xarin89 said:

First of all let me say I love the mod and how the events are written, played out and how much variety there already is! Big, BIG KUDOS!

I for one would hope for some more blackmail/impregnation events in which the partner is doing some humiliating. For example like the sex with a commoner out in the streets.

Maybe some events with your liege, or family members as well? Or some related events to the players bastard children that came from it all?

Otherwise the only complaint I'd have would be how slow some traits are progressing for example the blackmail traits - by the time he tries to force a marriage with my queen I was already 47 and the blackmail started with me being ~19. I know I could get young again but I'd like for the submissive choices to progress the trait MUCH faster. 

What must have happen is that your "blackmailer" changed quiet a few time. You got 2 requirements:

- Your blackmail lvl (easy to level i think)

- Your main blackmailer lvl, I believe you got one affected at 50 exp in your blackmail level. You need to take care of him, happen quiet a few time to me that he change and "his" progress in reset.