[mod] Deviant's Mask

Some more error logs 

[01:25:20][pdx_data_localize.cpp:151]: Data error in loc string 'deviants_campslut.0013.al.tt'
[01:39:59][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:252]: Error: "Failed to read named value or literal from medium_piety_loss: medium_piety_loss, near line: 1030" in file: "events/traveldeviantgo_events.txt" near line: 1031
[01:39:59][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:252]: Error: "Failed to read named value or literal from medium_piety_loss: medium_piety_loss, near line: 1177" in file: "events/armydeviantgo_events.txt" near line: 1178

On 7/31/2023 at 8:34 PM, kngelo said:

No, it will keep looping until escape. Which is clearly not going to happen. I have to admit, I did some "too creative" design choices with some of the streaking stuff. I will remove the looping from streak events in the patch later this week, or when I get it done.  

I ended up cheating in a couple of traits which give prowess and somehow escaped. also had to cheat that stress down a bit. but over all not bad... I think I walked out with 50 or 100 gold. 

2 hours ago, Jack Archer said:

I ended up cheating in a couple of traits which give prowess and somehow escaped. also had to cheat that stress down a bit. but over all not bad... I think I walked out with 50 or 100 gold. 

I decided to change the loops into value 5 prowess challenges. That way they should never get 0 chance.

Do I have to use the mask? I like the idea of random events approaching the male player but running around naked just with a mask not so much.

Is there much content for a straight lustful male? I only see cruel events in the pictures.

Edited by xyzxyz
58 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Do I have to use the mask? I like the idea of random events approaching the male player but running around naked just with a mask not so much.

Is there much content for a straight lustful male? I only see cruel events in the pictures.

Lustful male has no "special content" outside some dialogue options right now. So all you get is 9 travel, 9 army, 9 jester and around 10 regular random events without doing streaking. And the hired camp sluts events, I think there were like 7 of those. And chances are, if they even get any in the future, it will be being a pervert, in comparable ways to streaking. Though as I add more content that is not tied to any specific combination, they will also get it. 

On 7/25/2023 at 10:21 AM, kngelo said:

I was thinking more around traditional "blackmail" from one of your vassals as your "exposure trait track" levels up, with progressively "worse" demands and stuff to avoid increasingly bad effects as they get more dirt on you(hooks and suspicion level rising). Though you getting fucked in multiple ways regardless. Adding an actual look-alike would be at most side content way down the line. Especially since it would need to be very story/event focused with variations to be worth it in my opinion, and so take time. 
I plan to focus on thinking events with courtiers, knights, vassals, and prisoners(the one I'm working on next. Code named "Stress relief for sadists")

Thanks for the reply! And no stress with the look-alike. This is your mod after all. No need to work on something you didn't intend to include.

42 minutes ago, kngelo said:

Lustful male has no "special content" outside some dialogue options right now. So all you get is 9 travel, 9 army, 9 jester and around 10 regular random events without doing streaking. And the hired camp sluts events, I think there were like 7 of those. And chances are, if they even get any in the future, it will be being a pervert, in comparable ways to streaking. Though as I add more content that is not tied to any specific combination, they will also get it. 

But I still have to accept the dream/mask decision?

5 hours ago, krappaclub said:

I tried the sadist mask male ruler ver 0.2.7.7. The travel events that give stress relief/gold/piety seem to trigger way too much.

I will see what happens when I drop the trigger chance from 10% to 5%. Considering that there are only 10 travel events, making them rarer does make sense. Also in 0.2.9, I'm planning reducing the "base" random events of the mod to trigger less, since there will be more and more other stuff that trigger events, so you can't get as much spammed as you get now if you have multiple sources for events. Like right now, if you have all the traits as female, getting close to ten random events from this mod a year seems a bit excessive.

Hi, I think one of the events are bugged. Debug says it is streaker_go.514.

It is the Climax event after being caught molesting the female courtier while streaking, and then bending over when fed. I have no prowess so I failed more than once. It seems like if I fail then the event will loop until I eventually succeed and escape.

Anyway, love the mod!

24 minutes ago, Rexie said:

Hi, I think one of the events are bugged. Debug says it is streaker_go.514.

It is the Climax event after being caught molesting the female courtier while streaking, and then bending over when fed. I have no prowess so I failed more than once. It seems like if I fail then the event will loop until I eventually succeed and escape.

Anyway, love the mod!

Yeah, when I did the streaking portion, I thought it would be "cool" if the events looped until you escape. If I had at least known how to do random descriptions back then they might have been tolerable. Also, thanks, I fixed the right event trigger in the dev version. Though being put back up and having the stuff loop is not exactly the "best gameplay." I might just scrap that at some point if I do the public humiliation activity.  

Edited by kngelo
45 minutes ago, Rhaenuriel said:

Awesome mod! Would be nice to have some sort of way to have the blackmail NTR be triggered against a wife or a concubine without needing the appropriate trait for it. Probably more suited for a submod or standalone mod I suppose.

After I flesh out the orgy activity, I'm thinking of doing "sadistic wife update," and add an event where your sadistic wife tries to get your attention by making you jealous. If you ignore but follow her, it can lead you watching your wife dominate another man out of anger with variations. 

24 minutes ago, brgont said:

Since court jester position is available only for rulers with duke title or higher, it'd be better to edit triggers of deviants_maskgo.1000 so that it won't happen to counts.

Thank you for noticing, it will be limited duke or higher in the next version. 

19 minutes ago, m8l85555x said:

I haven't noticed that there are more logs compared to previous version of mod, although they have become more varied. Adding more events describing sex scenes or making the logs longer would be cool, because so far the orgy is too short.

The previous version had 4 log variants per click/source. This has 10-20 variants for most. Like you get from different pool if you are male or female and then the separate for the AIs fucking each other that is triggered from most clicks. But yeah, eventually I should turn the "romance" options into actual sex scenes and turn all action description logs into 2-3 sentences. But that's the stuff that I would add over time. Also, the number of women basically "control the sex" logs, since they are used to trigger them. Also, I guess I should have focused giving more variants to the basic fucking around, instead of giving the other stuff too at least 10-20. 

Would it be possible that in "Moment to Decide" event we could choose which personality trait to replace? Or just add the necessary trait without removing the others? Except, of course, if the ruler is compassionate and takes the sadistic path and if is chaste and takes the lustful path.

14 minutes ago, Chalaça said:

Would it be possible that in "Moment to Decide" event we could choose which personality trait to replace? Or just add the necessary trait without removing the others? Except, of course, if the ruler is compassionate and takes the sadistic path and if is chaste and takes the lustful path.

There is no practical way to do a "large select menu" in ck 3 outside some really weird solutions as far as I know. Also the idea kind of is that you are corrupted and thus lose one of your more positive traits and are forced to play with a trait that is considered a sin. Though that's all "artistic choice" on my part since I could have tied everything entirely to custom traits that can be added as much as you want. But since lustful and sadistic exists, I decided to use those.

3 hours ago, kngelo said:

There is no practical way to do a "large select menu" in ck 3 outside some really weird solutions as far as I know. Also the idea kind of is that you are corrupted and thus lose one of your more positive traits and are forced to play with a trait that is considered a sin. Though that's all "artistic choice" on my part since I could have tied everything entirely to custom traits that can be added as much as you want. But since lustful and sadistic exists, I decided to use those.

Oh, I see. Since I don't play with characters who follow any abrahamic religion, I didn't realize this concept. For example, my current ruler lost an arbitrary trait (neutral) and gained lustful trait (virtue). Well, better for me!?

3 hours ago, Chalaça said:

Oh, I see. Since I don't play with characters who follow any abrahamic religion, I didn't realize this concept. For example, my current ruler lost an arbitrary trait (neutral) and gained lustful trait (virtue). Well, better for me!?

Arbitrary was for some reason surprisingly high on the list of the traits to remove and replace, in the next version, all the positive traits are above the negative ones in the order of priority.

Edited by kngelo
1 hour ago, avataristche said:

Like the mod, however events happen way too often. You get every event 10+ times during single life. 

Originally an event from the "base event pool" happened twice a year. Now they only happen once a year with 80% chance. But still, the pool would eventually need at least +50 base events that can trigger without other conditions to ensure that no mortal life can see them all. But I don't just want to do a large "placeholder spam," again. So those events improve/get added to over time. Not to mention the repetition of the "optional side content," hiring and being a camp whore both needs an overhaul. I have the ideas, just need to get there.