• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First off, thanks for this great mod.

Recently I reinstalled skyrim and updated bunch of mods I was using before, this being one of them. I got a problem though, cant seem to get it to work this time :(

Problem is this : using Mind Control with EFF and puppetmaster (+ your recent patch) , but when npc equips Strange Circlet/Ring/Necklace/whatever nothing happens... (they get brief glow effect but no status messages appear and dialogue is unchanged)

I cheated and added the items via console to my fresh character I tested the installation with, maybe thats the problem? Not sure how much the mod changed since last I tried it (probably ver 0.3-0.4 or so).

Anyways papyrus log gives me bunch of these lines:

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property pHypnosisVictimAlias on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property HypnosisVictimFaction on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property pPotentialFollower on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property FollowerDismissMessage on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property pDunPlayerAllyFaction on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property CircletActivationSpell on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property pCurrentFollower on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property pCurrentHireling on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property pPotentialMarriage on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property CircletRemovalSpell on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property pFollowerAlias on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property pDismissedFollower on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property DetectVictimSpell on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property _SLMC_EyesMC on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property pDialogueFollower on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/13/2014 - 10:18:27PM] warning: Property pPlayerFollowerCount on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 1 on (0002C928) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Not sure what I screwed up but cannot seem to get it to work no matter what.

Also load order is

-puppetmaster + patch

-EFF

-Mind control

I tried changing it but it didnt help. Any help is appreciated!

Sorry for the delayed answer... I just noticed there were posts waiting in this thread.

It looks like you still have an older version of the script in your save game.

Try the 'clean save' procedure.

- Remove the circlet and control necklace (place them inside a container if possible)

- Quit the game / disable the mod / reload

- Save the game

- Quit the game / enalbe the mod / reload

- Go back to the beach where you found the circlet and see if that helps

OK. I like this mod but cannot for the life of me find the other two devices (ring and necklace) mentioned as having been added to the mod "in the original location" of the devices. Anyone mind spoiling it for me?

not sure if still being worked on but is there a way to make it be a ring or amulet instead of a circlet?  would like to have a mind controlled character wear a helmet (like a mind control bodyguard)

The other devices - the ring and necklace - are in a secret location.

Check out Yisra's notes for a clue.

The items are located inside the Alftand Animonculory ( http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Alftand ), in a small room just after the furnace room, with a workbench, fires and falmer tents.

Hi. Will it be an update for this mod soon?

There will be an update, but not soon.

I am busy with a rewrite of Sanguine Debauchery+ , tracking down bugs with Alicia, adding content to Hormones and much needed quests and fixes for the Sisterhood of Dibella.

Is there something you would like to see in particular for Mind Control?

Any way to make it so you can craft the mind control item?  It would be nice to have a harem of mind controlled beauties.  Is it possible to limit it to say three or more?

Not without a major rewrite.

I tried to make the control device enchantable (to transfer the effect to any types of devices.. ring, clothing, etc...) but the effect would not work properly out of an enchantment. It was missing some key functions only available to a unique object - not an enchanted object.

So I gave that up for now.

There are two other mind control devices though... they are in a small room in a dwemer ruin near the place where you find the circlet (they should work but they haven't been fully tested yet).

• 3 weeks later...

So... I installed this mod, used the circlet on Elisif, fast traveled, and then my game CTDed. Now, I can't open Skyrim. It's not even a CTD, it's a full blown Windows Error Message on start up, so your mod conflicts with SKSE, at least SKSE 1.70. Thought you should know, that's the only thing that'd cause a Windows Error Message to happen in my set up.

So... I installed this mod, used the circlet on Elisif, fast traveled, and then my game CTDed. Now, I can't open Skyrim. It's not even a CTD, it's a full blown Windows Error Message on start up, so your mod conflicts with SKSE, at least SKSE 1.70. Thought you should know, that's the only thing that'd cause a Windows Error Message to happen in my set up.

I find that hard to believe,,, this mod is not doing anything fancy at all. 

What kind of windows error message are you getting?

Edit: I did a quick test... picked up the mind control circlet, fast traveled to Dawnstar, enslaved someone with, fast travelled to Winterhold and then back to Dawnstar. No crash.

Microsoft pushed a rather large update to Windows yesterday. Could it be related to your issue?

Edit: I did a quick test... picked up the mind control circlet, fast traveled to Dawnstar, enslaved someone with, fast travelled to Winterhold and then back to Dawnstar. No crash.

Microsoft pushed a rather large update to Windows yesterday. Could it be related to your issue?

It simply tells me that 'Skyrim has stopped Responding' the instant it opens. It only does it if I run it through SKSE, running it with the Vanilla launcher works perfectly. It also ran fine for several hours after I did that install yesterday, it only glitched when I used the crown.

Even if the mod isn't doing anything fancy, it's likely a problem with how SKSE has changed in it's operations since this mod was made. It hasn't been updated in a while I noticed, and I'm using the Alpha 1.70 SKSE, so it may be SKSE itself. I'm about to try doing a clean install of Skyrim, I'll let you know the results.

Edit: 9:42pm CST, I've just finished doing a complete fresh Skyrim install, uninstalled all mods, deleted all saves, removed Skyrim from my PC, THEN reinstalled everything save this mod, and I still get the error message. So it isn't this mod after all, but something else to do with the system. Sorry for the scare.

It simply tells me that 'Skyrim has stopped Responding' the instant it opens. It only does it if I run it through SKSE, running it with the Vanilla launcher works perfectly. It also ran fine for several hours after I did that install yesterday, it only glitched when I used the crown.

Even if the mod isn't doing anything fancy, it's likely a problem with how SKSE has changed in it's operations since this mod was made. It hasn't been updated in a while I noticed, and I'm using the Alpha 1.70 SKSE, so it may be SKSE itself. I'm about to try doing a clean install of Skyrim, I'll let you know the results.

Edit: 9:42pm CST, I've just finished doing a complete fresh Skyrim install, uninstalled all mods, deleted all saves, removed Skyrim from my PC, THEN reinstalled everything save this mod, and I still get the error message. So it isn't this mod after all, but something else to do with the system. Sorry for the scare.

No problem.

Good luck with your bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Mod Creator,

just a side question. I tried to "enslave" Raila Strong-Arm from Pinewatch with your Cirklet and it worked. She is so kind to be sleeping all the time ^^. Nevertheles she wont let me take a look into her inventory. Any recommendations or just keep her company and she will change ?

For some reason, pickpocketing a circlet into an NPC's inventory does nothing. NPC just never equips it and that's all. Am i missing something?

Which NPC was that?

The circlet works as soon as it is in someone's inventory. It doesn't have to be equipped. 

If the NPC is very special, with scripts and quests attached, it is possible the circlet will not work at all.

Dear Mod Creator,

just a side question. I tried to "enslave" Raila Strong-Arm from Pinewatch with your Cirklet and it worked. She is so kind to be sleeping all the time ^^. Nevertheles she wont let me take a look into her inventory. Any recommendations or just keep her company and she will change ?

It is possible she has a dominant personality or that she cannot start the full follower package.

You can check the menu and make sure the chance for a dominant victim is set to 0 and try to enslave her again.

It seems something's wrong here. No detect powers appear, no control. I also found this in my logs:

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property FollowerDismissMessage on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pPotentialFollower on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pCurrentFollower on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pCurrentHireling on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property _SLMC_EyesMC on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pDunPlayerAllyFaction on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pHypnosisVictimAlias on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property CircletActivationSpell on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pFollowerAlias on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pDialogueFollower on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property HypnosisVictimFaction on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pDismissedFollower on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pPlayerFollowerCount on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property DetectVictimSpell on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property CircletRemovalSpell on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pPotentialMarriage on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

I went to 0.6 directly, save is clean from previous versions. I even unpacked bsa just in case. Nothing changes.

Also, what's required for the "base breast/butt swell"? I have those options grayed out.

It seems something's wrong here. No detect powers appear, no control. I also found this in my logs:

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property FollowerDismissMessage on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pPotentialFollower on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pCurrentFollower on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pCurrentHireling on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property _SLMC_EyesMC on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pDunPlayerAllyFaction on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pHypnosisVictimAlias on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property CircletActivationSpell on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pFollowerAlias on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pDialogueFollower on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property HypnosisVictimFaction on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pDismissedFollower on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pPlayerFollowerCount on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property DetectVictimSpell on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property CircletRemovalSpell on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[06/02/2014 - 11:38:30PM] warning: Property pPotentialMarriage on script SL_Hypnosis_InfuseMindControl attached to Active effect 71 on (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

I went to 0.6 directly, save is clean from previous versions. I even unpacked bsa just in case. Nothing changes.

Also, what's required for the "base breast/butt swell"? I have those options grayed out.

It looks like your game is still seeing an older version.

Make sure to remove all scripts in your script folder starting with SL_Hypnosis

The breast/butt swell is looking for the right nodes in your current skeleton. You need an advanced skeleton like XPMS to get that to work.

Are you using a custom race?

The problem is i had no older version. I dl'ed this mod today and installed it.

I have XPMSE installed everywhere. My character is male vanilla nord.

That's weird... something didn't register correctly then.

You can try to restart the quests manually (help SLH and stopquest / startquests for the mind control quests) or do a clean save. 

In both cases you will have to go back north and pick up the item again.