Devious Deviants SE

View File

Devious Deviants SE

What is this?

It's a SE conversion project for the Devious Deviants mod made by Min. The original mod was removed from the Devious Devices framework for some time now. So probably new players have never had the chance to play it. This mod aims to give players a chance to play the 'OG DD quest mod' again, and enjoy it like I did all these years ago.

I intend to create 2 versions. The current version will be as close to the original one as possible. With only bugfixes or slight changes to the gameplay. Either for bugfixes or issues that have originated in the SE build. This will remain that way. In a later stadium I intend to build on the mod and give it a personal touch. Extending it with new quests and devices. The original version will probably remain unchanged unless game breaking bugs are reported.

There are a few framework like quests still in the mod file. 'Surreptitious Streets' and 'Radiant Master' These where never finished, I don't intend to do so as they are superseded by other mods like Cursed Loot and Submissive Lola. For sake of archival I've decided to leave them in, but they are disabled. 

How do I start?

Visit the Arcanaeum  in the College of Winterhold and look for a bookcase that is different from the others. If you dare you can try your luck with the key. To see what secrets the bookcase holds.

The second quest revolves around Sergius. Rumors go he is looking for students for a special experiment. I advice starting this quest after the main quest is completed.

FAQ

The mod does not start

-The quest won't start if you are wearing a belt, plugs or collar

The animations don't work

-Run FNIS

I can't find Zed

-He can be in one of the DLC islands. Travel to them and see if you can find him

I can't find the key to the bookcase

Spoiler

Look on Urags desk on top of the note

The other quests don't work

-See the opening text, they are not intended to play. Do so on your own risk.

Credits

Min, the original creator of the quest. This project originated after their permission to do so.
Kimy, for continuation of the DD framework
DD team, for keeping the mod alive and continue to add new stuff in a community effort.
ZaZ and T.Ara for the animations and animation-objects
Mister X, providing some text and help testing the alpha version

Permissions

As per DD permissions. This mod or anything that is based on it, is not to be made closed-source.
Uploading to other sites that put it behind a paywall in any way or form are forbidden, don't ask.
If someone makes significant additions to the mod, voluntary donations are allowed. Not when the mod is copy-pasted.
Backporting to LE and translation mods may be uploaded without asking for permission first. Provide the appropriate credits.

Changelog

Spoiler

Beta 2:

-Added DD SexlabScene hook to speed up sex scene start at the end of the Tome Quest as it bypasses the DD device check procedure

-Changed above scene to hook on the specific scene ending instead of an orgasm to help with SLSO combability

-Added new markers to the vanilla Dwemer ruins so that Zed no longer spawns on a roof or in a DLC area. Items spawns are unchanged and will stay that way.

-Modified Urag's return dialogue to fix the ... dialogue options.

Beta 1:

Upgraded to SE
Upgraded device manipulation scripts calls to the new DD5 ones
Added missing keywords to devices
Renamed device ID's to DD5 standard
Upgraded the attached inventory device scripts from the old to DD5
Made the quest devices unescapable so not to break the quests
Removed setstage to 100 on zadlibs quest. As this is no longer called on equiping a belt
Changed the maintenance procedure so a save-load is no longer required for it to fully start
Removed the belt remove check due to unescapable belt
Removed all config checks to DD MCM menu as those are hidden. Moved to it's own quest to remove dependancy on DD's MCM. Main quests are enabled, unfinished quests are disabled.
Bundled 2 ZAZ animations as per it's fair use policy. Added matching anim objects as well
Renamed all TIF dialogue script files so they all start with the abbreviation Zadd
Removed dependancy on the esp to ZaZ pack and skyrim.exe
Recompiled all scripts
Changed the display name of the quest items to reflect their owner
Cleaned up unused script files
Added some lore to prevent players escaping when caught by Urag
Made clones of the bookcase, books, note and key to make it independant of DD if they get cleaned up
Added extra checks not to force-start the Forbidden Tome quest if the player is wearing a collar or plugs besides the already in place belt check
Added 3 messages while questing to give a bit more backstory on the plugs
Split all plug set into seperate anal and vaginal plugs to prevent invisible plugs
Gave Zed some spells and set his style to destruction mage to protect himself. As some spawn points contain mobs
Increased range of Urag's belt spell package to prevent scene hang on that part
Increased range of Urag's caught forcegreet package to prevent scene hang on that part
Decreased range of Urag's belting package to reduce the 'hoverhands' situation. Might induce clipping
Made player owner of bookcase to prevent collega guards from breaking scenes on 1 bounty if cought stealing the books
Changed some shared topics back to (duplicate) responses as these seems to break the invisible continue's also added a prompt after the second FG from Urag to prevent the same issue.
Changed script call at the end of zaddUragInitialStartBeltScene topic to a timer which calls the original function as it causes the dialogue to hang on SE seems to be latent
Added facegen texture export for black-face bug
Added setvehicle function when Urag strings up the PC to prevent hem pushing the PC away

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/12/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Devices SE 5.2, FNIS, Skyrim SE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Any bugreports are welcome. Let me know if you run into issues so I can try to fix them.

Zed spawning at a unreachable location is a known bug but not something I intend to fix in the current version. This is due to map marker shenanigan's

Be sure to put this mod after Devious Devices in your mod manager load order as it contains scripts of the same name. 

Edited by naaitsab

Great news, thank you! One of my favorite quests that I've been missing.

In the original version I remember that the quest items would occasionally spawn in inaccessible dungeons, like places locked behind the main quest. Is that still something we need to check for or was it fixed in this / the original? I remember checking the quest aliases whenever the quest started to see if they were in places I'd need to go through the whole thieves guild quest for

I'm guessing the bookcase location relies heavily on keeping the vanilla Arcanaeum intact and it may not actually be in there if any College overhaul is used.

3 hours ago, PolskiHusarz20 said:

Are there any plans for LE conversion?

Not from my side, I've somewhat said goodby to LE permanently. And I would suggest others to do so. As stated in the credits other users can make a LE conversion if they want.

3 hours ago, DayTri said:

Great news, thank you! One of my favorite quests that I've been missing.

In the original version I remember that the quest items would occasionally spawn in inaccessible dungeons, like places locked behind the main quest. Is that still something we need to check for or was it fixed in this / the original? I remember checking the quest aliases whenever the quest started to see if they were in places I'd need to go through the whole thieves guild quest for

Thanks. I do like it myself.

The weird spawn points for Zed are something I will probably address in the future but locking items behind a level gated place is kind of intended. You can get lucky or get a bad spawn and need to level up first. Good thing you have some devices to keep you company :P Havin Zed spawn on top of a building you can't get to is not intended however. But to keep the "it just works" spirit alive. I kept it in the initial version.

1 hour ago, belegost said:

I'm guessing the bookcase location relies heavily on keeping the vanilla Arcanaeum intact and it may not actually be in there if any College overhaul is used.

The location XYZ axis wise can cause issues. It uses a custom bookcase so the case itself will not get overwritten. But if a mod places a wall or something it will probably require a ESP patch or the console to get to it.

6 hours ago, PolskiHusarz20 said:

Are there any plans for LE conversion?

2 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Not from my side, I've somewhat said goodby to LE permanently. And I would suggest others to do so. As stated in the credits other users can make a LE conversion if they want.

Thanks. I do like it myself.

Sad but i understand for LE.

I did that before but with the constant unanwanted update. It screw up my mod list again and again i got tired of that. Schlongs of Skyrim SE and Slavetas got screw up with the last update and i don't know if it was fix yet?

But thank you for making this. It was a very nice quest indeed and one of my favorite.

Only downfall was where you should get the last part of the quest for my part at Solstheim every time.

4 hours ago, naaitsab said:

The weird spawn points for Zed are something I will probably address in the future but locking items behind a level gated place is kind of intended. You can get lucky or get a bad spawn and need to level up first. Good thing you have some devices to keep you company :P Havin Zed spawn on top of a building you can't get to is not intended however. But to keep the "it just works" spirit alive. I kept it in the initial version.

Yeah, I'm not thinking so much of the cases where Zed is in a high level spawn, more when the three things he asks you find can be in locked dungeons. Someone else mentioned Solstheim, I'm *pretty* sure I had it happen in the older version that one of those three things spawned inside a quest-locked solstheim dungeon, and the only way to get it was for me to console through the locked door.

Of course this could be intentional too, maybe the PC needs to do the quests to get in and this is a good RP reason to do some quests, but I'd argue that itself is a bit cheesy since you'd need to know which quests unlock which dungeons

4 hours ago, qualunque said:

hi, I have a problem, after activating the mission, it tells me to talk to Urag, but no line of dialogue regarding this mod appears. I also tried creating a new game but to no avail. any ideas how to fix it?

Make sure you are running the mod with a mod manager that handles conflicts like Mod Organizer 2. Are you trying to run he game on LE by chance?

13 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Make sure you are running the mod with a mod manager that handles conflicts like Mod Organizer 2. Are you trying to run he game on LE by chance?

i use vortex and i put the load order after devious devices (latest version). I play in Skyrim SE not LE

Edited by qualunque
Error

Thank you for resurrecting this mod and making it work. I always enjoyed it and wished someone would even add to it. Both quests could use a little more involvement from Zed and the enchanting guy. Wish I was talented and smart enough to do things like that. Thanks again.

3 hours ago, qualunque said:

i use vortex and i put the load order after devious devices (latest version). I play in Skyrim SE not LE

Try to steal the key and loot the 'forbidden bookcase' if that does nothing I think something has gone wrong with the installation.

22 minutes ago, kimchow said:

Thank you for resurrecting this mod and making it work. I always enjoyed it and wished someone would even add to it. Both quests could use a little more involvement from Zed and the enchanting guy. Wish I was talented and smart enough to do things like that. Thanks again.

If you have some idea's you can always post them here. I'm also going to make a customized version of the mod. As a separate upload of course.

16 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Prova a rubare la chiave e saccheggia la "libreria proibita" se non funziona, penso che qualcosa sia andato storto con l'installazione.

Se hai qualche idea puoi sempre pubblicarla qui. Realizzerò anche una versione personalizzata del mod. Ovviamente come caricamento separato.

the problem happens after opening and taking the objects in the library, it tells me to talk to urag but nothing. however I tried to use "additemmenu" and put all the mod items in my inventory, to see what happened. he started me on another quest telling me to go to zed, but no map markers appeared. now my doubt is, isn't this Zed not present in the game and therefore causing a problem from the beginning?

I also tried downloading the mod and reinstalling it but it didn't work

I wish a few things could be added like Zed relieving the players frustration a little before adding the new inserts and offering to try other devices later to aid in his research, he could maybe find some type compensation for the trouble.

Ah, the old quest the remainders of which has been scattered all over DD's source code is now playable again?

Awesome!

There's a walk through of the old version of it on youtube iirc, if you search for Devious Devices ?

Edited by krzp

@naaitsab thank you for resurrecting this. Can I finish the Urag quest without console commands or does it work as intended for now(final stage when you bring him the book, sl scene plays, and I guess the final dialogue takes place)? Naturally, there is also a chance that something in my mod list blocks the completion of the quest....

I can always go with console commands for set stage, but I am wandering if I need to do that.

1 hour ago, wHOaMiEH said:

@naaitsab thank you for resurrecting this. Can I finish the Urag quest without console commands or does it work as intended for now(final stage when you bring him the book, sl scene plays, and I guess the final dialogue takes place)? Naturally, there is also a chance that something in my mod list blocks the completion of the quest....

I can always go with console commands for set stage, but I am wandering if I need to do that.

If you have SLSO. Sexlab: enabled auto advance stage. SLSO: enabled sexlab scene always orgasm, disable slso game. This works for me with this issue.

New beta version is up. Hopefully this will fix SLSO issues and spawn point weirdness. If the quest is already running it will probably not update correctly. So please test on a clean save.

If anyone has a good solution for Urag bumping into the player before he starts fondling the PC and him moonwalking during the 'chained up' dialogue let me know.

Hey, one suggestion I have for an enhancement on this.  The journal that you find in the forbidden bookshelf basically acts as a total spoiler for the first quest - as experienced by some other bimbo apprentice sticking her nose where it doesn't belong.  Since her written experience is almost identical to the first quest, I thought it would be better if the journal was hidden from the player until the first quest is complete - and then presented to the player as their journal of devious deviants, rather than some random bimbo you never meet.

Edited by cetuximab
34 minutes ago, cetuximab said:

Hey, one suggestion I have for an enhancement on this.  The journal that you find in the forbidden bookshelf basically acts as a total spoiler for the first quest - as experienced by some other bimbo apprentice sticking her nose where it doesn't belong.  Since her written experience is almost identical to the first quest, I thought it would be better if the journal was hidden from the player until the first quest is complete - and then presented to the player as their journal of devious deviants, rather than some random bimbo you never meet.

Had something like that in mind for the redux/edited version. I also intend to somewhat remake the intro so it matches that diary. So disabling fast travel and forcing you to sleep in your room. So you will also need to have done the intro quest to start it. Probably will also do a small scene to lure Urag away from his desk.

On 6/16/2023 at 10:31 PM, naaitsab said:

it will probably be SLSO as suggested. As it has very poor implementation compatibility-wise of the orgasm modevent hooks it hijacks from SL.

It does for me.

Any plans of expanding the mod outside of its original content?