Work on the expanded intro quest is processing quite well. I've made fast travel unavailable while on the quest to add a bit more depth to the 'damsel in distress' vibe. As an alternative I'm thinking of adding the possibility to temporary get a free horse for some "actions" and possible some effects on your return. Any thoughts on the matter?

Edited by naaitsab

How do I charge the soul gem in serguis's quest? Somehow I got it to 15% but its stuck there.

EDIT: Might have been an issue with Unforgiving Devices. Ran the general fix debug utility of that mod and it started progressing.

Edited by wareware
On 7/4/2023 at 7:29 PM, recroid366 said:

I cant open the bookcase at all, I have the key and it just wont do anything, any suggestions?

Be sure to use the patch before you started the mod. There was an alias issue causing the quest not to start.

13 hours ago, wareware said:

How do I charge the soul gem in serguis's quest? Somehow I got it to 15% but its stuck there.

EDIT: Might have been an issue with Unforgiving Devices. Ran the general fix debug utility of that mod and it started progressing.

Yeah UD integrates with some DD stuf so it could cause issues with other mods relying on specific events to happen.

Intro quest is nearing it's beta stage. After the last update on the storm quest, I added a system to borrow a horse after some "payment" and added a system to spend the night in the Nightgate Inn if you go this route.

I'm getting a lot of bugs trying to start the quest. Sometimes the key spawns in the middle of the floor and doesn't work on the forbidden bookshelf and sometimes it will spawn on both the table and the floor. If I get away with opening the shelf and then start the quest Urag doesn't have any dialogue options for it. If I get caught the quest seems to start ok, then urag starts sliding around when he is equipping the devices. I've tried moving the mod around in the load order but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm fairly certain everything is the right version (SE, DD5.2). I guess I will continue with the quest after getting caught and hopefully it works but I feel like I'm probably doing something wrong.

Edited by UnknownChicken1573
1 hour ago, UnknownChicken1573 said:

I'm getting a lot of bugs trying to start the quest. Sometimes the key spawns in the middle of the floor and doesn't work on the forbidden bookshelf and sometimes it will spawn on both the table and the floor. If I get away with opening the shelf and then start the quest Urag doesn't have any dialogue options for it. If I get caught the quest seems to start ok, then urag starts sliding around when he is equipping the devices. I've tried moving the mod around in the load order but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm fairly certain everything is the right version (SE, DD5.2). I guess I will continue with the quest after getting caught and hopefully it works but I feel like I'm probably doing something wrong.

You probably want to use the redux version I'm currently working on. It fixes those bugs by reworking the intro. The current built is there as a LE -> SE conversion only.

On 6/12/2023 at 11:35 AM, belegost said:

I'm guessing the bookcase location relies heavily on keeping the vanilla Arcanaeum intact and it may not actually be in there if any College overhaul is used.

Easy fix if you have the fly mod (fly through the wall access bookcase from behind its still there its just behind the bookcase of moded Arcanaeum) you also can probably use console command to start quest 

Edited by alphaomegamale

''What is this?

It's a SE conversion project for the Devious Deviants mod made by Min.'' There is alot of hese mod creators that do conversations but never tell what the mod is even about. Its a conversation Devious Deviants yes... But what is Devious Deviants?... *sigh*

4 minutes ago, grijzevos said:

''What is this?

It's a SE conversion project for the Devious Deviants mod made by Min.'' There is alot of hese mod creators that do conversations but never tell what the mod is even about. Its a conversation Devious Deviants yes... But what is Devious Deviants?... *sigh*

"This mod aims to give players a chance to play the 'OG DD quest mod' again"

At a guess... a quest. Only too much research by reading a couple of extra sentences to uncover this gem...

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 6:46 PM, grijzevos said:

''What is this?

It's a quest, one that was included in the original Devious Devices mod.
It's quite a fun and spicy one! You can start it at the college by picking up the key / note about the Forbidden Bookshelf, open the Bookshelf and it starts, it's a quest about the devious devices, telling any more would be spoiling the experience, really ?

• 2 months later...

I've got to the point where I have to find Zed, had 2 map markers in skyrim, went to those and he wasn't there. Then tried Solsteim but no map marker is showing up, so I'm missing the third marker with no idea where to find Zed.

Does this need to be started on a brand new game instead of an existing save? Wondering if he doesn't load into the game on an existing save, if there are any possible places other than skyrim and solsteim, or if something has just broken?

Cheers.

well, my modded arcaneum caused a spot of trouble, but I managed that with console commands and got the zed quest.  however, the zed dialogue doesn't play normally, there's a bit of lag with the first line, and then the next lines go too fast for me to read. So essentially I only get the first and last parts of the longer dialogue he says. Still playable, but would be nice to be able to read it all.

Really looking forward to an expansion of this. I myself always thought this was one of the better DD quests because it's funny and it's outside the usual trope of slavery/rape/defeat (that collar doesn't do anything).  The other one I really liked was Arngrim's Assistant or something like that, where he was teaching you sex magic while trying to corrupt you by putting you into a chastity belt.

My thought would be that Urag, after releasing PC from the belt and plugs, would suggest that there could be further play sessions, if PC is interested.  There could be an area in the midden set up for this.  Other devices could be tried - soul gem piercings, harnesses, furniture. Other teachers or students could be invited to participate (I saw a device for the enchanting master as an asset). Maybe Zed visits the college? or Urag needs PC to deliver a package to Zed?  Maybe Zed asks PC to assist in another experiment?  Maybe Urag or Zed tell PC about someone in one of the towns who likes this kind of sex play (looking at you Siddgeir and Erikur), or gives PC a ticket to get into a private club.  Sort of a devious devices playful version of amorous adventures or sexlab solutions.

On 7/1/2023 at 5:21 AM, naaitsab said:

Work on the expanded intro quest is processing quite well. I've made fast travel unavailable while on the quest to add a bit more depth to the 'damsel in distress' vibe. As an alternative I'm thinking of adding the possibility to temporary get a free horse for some "actions" and possible some effects on your return. Any thoughts on the matter?

Um, in my playthru Zed was in solsteim.  locations were the dwarven ruin near Tel Mithryn (sp), Radlbthar (sp) and Kagrenzel (sp). So lots and lots of traveling.  Really hate the thought of doing that on foot - from the dwarven ruin on Solsteim to Raven Rock, take the ship to Windhelm, and then walk to two more dwarven ruins in different directions, with those plugs buzzing and interfering every few seconds (I play a mage and spells and shouts set them off), and then walk back to Windhelm, take the ship to Raven Rock, walk back to Zed at the dwarven ruin, and then do a bunch of that all over again to reach Winterhold and the College?   Not having fast travel or at least a bunch of carriages might make it too hard and too long, unless you reduce the frequency of those plugs or shorten the duration where you can't do anything for fondling yourself.

Plus to get the one on Solsteim I had to do a bunch of the Miraak quest - because the telvanni wizard doesn't let you into the dwarven ruin until after you done Miraak's temple, talked to Storn, gotten the bend will shout, released the stone near the Skaal village, and talked to Storn again. Then you can go to the mushroom tower and the wizard will tell you about the ruin, and you go there with him, do his quest and pick up Zed's piece while you are there.   So doing this quest was a major part of my playthrough!!  Thank god for fast travel is all I can say. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

okay, so I finally managed to play this all the way through.  Was a bit surprised when all the map markers disappeared, but figured that was to block fast travel. Was not happy when the map markers stayed disappeared after finishing the quest, even though I quit and restarted the game.  Even reinstalling my map mod didn't fix it.  How do I get my fast travel back??

On 7/1/2023 at 5:21 AM, naaitsab said:

fast travel not returning when quest finishes.  I've lost all my map markers!!!  and once again one of the items was in Nchardak, I consoled a cube into my inventory because I didn't want to do that black book quest with the Telvanni wizard on Solstheim.  Please don't permanently disable fast travel just to extend this one quest.