3 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

The performers are hired more for their looks instead of talent.

But... they all look the same.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

They all sound the same, too.

I have no knowledge of that. Nor do I wish to change that fact anytime during the current millennium.

In addition to the above negatives stated, I hear the girls are exploited (at least by Western standards).  But then, by Western standards, just about anyone who isn't [enter out-group/currently acceptable punching bag here] can claim to be exploited and people would take it and run with it, so I don't really know the validity of the claim.

9 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

The performers are hired more for their looks instead of talent.

But ... but ... looks are talent!  Pity the poor Kpop artists whose talents are underappreciated.

And I am so not jamming out on Kpop songs right now.  As far as you know.

Vor 14 Stunden sagte Doktor Cadaver:

Nein, kein Fan. Die Darsteller werden eher wegen ihres Aussehens als wegen ihres Talents engagiert.

So it's like everywhere else in the world with their pop groups from the retort?

Well - then they went this way quite late in Korea - but they have learned well from the cultural model from the West.

("Spice-Girls" or "take that")

Besides, the normal European would hardly be able to distinguish whether a singer comes from China, Korea or Japan - they all look the same to him.

(yup - that's why there are certain prejudices about a "contra-blue" danger)

So if the "western" cultural circle gets upset about Korea-pop ... I would sweep in front of the door of the "ESC" for the Europeans.

(ESC - European Song - Contest)

5 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Well, I just don't like pop music in general.  It doesn't matter to me where it originates.

No blast beats, no go.

Problem of all (which is not at all ony meant to be for this example) that is a missing serious music composer. And those who think they are, sadly create this endless improvisation of non-telling and non-contence-blah-blah-blah. Same is happening in the world of game creation. Technical possibilities = available, serious producers and creators = missing. Money rules with very poor entertainment.

pop= popular products = this one is not a such like-this one is another inacceptable poor imitation of other poor imitations...

Mostly become well singing interprets (nice and ugly ones) bored by acting and singing nonsence for a few bucks of money. And mostly they do not even understand that, sadly.

Edited by t.ara
Vor 13 Minuten sagte t.ara:

Und sie klingen alle gleich!

Well - Hollywood's "film art" ultimately sets an example for all other art sectors.

If there is a "real pearl" among them ... one should regard it as the exception - which ultimately defines the rest of the "rule".

For the last 10-15 years it has been enough to see the trailer of a new film - everything interesting that happens in the film is "cut together" - most productions don't have more "powder".

So why should music or games work differently - same society (customers ... producers) - same rules of the market etc.?