The Banning Game - II

1 hour ago, Tyrant99 said:

Banned because it is not wise to limit the questions that you can ask based on the dogmatic desire to follow the words and musings of a meagerly educated 500 B.C sheep herder who transcribed his ideas as though they were nuggets of wisdom directly distilled, through some magical means, from the mind of some antiquated, and, if we lived in a sane world, contemporarily irrelevant anthropomorphized deity.

See: Christopher Hitchens 

BANNED! for taking a light hearted thread and turning it into the Rant Thread - as well as stomping on LL Rule #9.

25 minutes ago, Psalam said:

BANNED! for taking a light hearted thread and turning it into the Rant Thread - as well as stomping on LL Rule #9.

Banned because I'd rather say what I think than be an unoriginal, rank and file, goody-two shoes milquetoast whose worried about following all the silly little rules.

53 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

Banned because I'd rather say what I think than be an unoriginal, rank and file, goody-two shoes milquetoast whose worried about following all the silly little rules.

BANNED! because speaking your mind is easy (cf., the aforementioned Rant Thread) but thinking something worth hearing, that is difficult

or, in the form of an aphorism

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

57 minutes ago, Psalam said:

BANNED! because speaking your mind is easy (cf., the aforementioned Rant Thread) but thinking something worth hearing, that is difficult

or, in the form of an aphorism

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

BANNED! for not banning him for demonstrating the dogmatic desire to follow the words and musings of that self satisfied 21C ranter, Christopher Hitchins, who transcribes his ideas as though they are golden nuggets of wisdom directly distilled, through some magical exercise of the squishy contents of his neural cortex, as if being from the mind of some pseudo modernist genius who, if we lived in a sane world, would be equally treated as of potentially the same relevance, or irrelevance, as any predecessor of equivalent stature in previous ages.

27 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

BANNED! for not banning him for demonstrating the dogmatic desire to follow the words and musings of that self satisfied 21C ranter, Christopher Hitchins, who transcribes his ideas as though they are golden nuggets of wisdom directly distilled, through some magical exercise of the squishy contents of his neural cortex, as if being from the mind of some pseudo modernist genius who, if we lived in a sane world, would be equally treated as of potentially the same relevance, or irrelevance, as any predecessor of equivalent stature in previous ages.

BANNED! for ALSO pushing the limits of Rule 9. Is it not possible to just have fun here?

7 hours ago, Psalam said:

BANNED! for ALSO pushing the limits of Rule 9. Is it not possible to just have fun here?

Banned because fun means different things to different people and you seem to want to relegate this thread exclusively to your own definition of what you consider to be fun.

And also banned for constantly pulling out your little rulebook as if you were some sort of boorish boy-scout when in fact things are generally funner when you leave rules out of it...

And finally, banned for not pointing out that I didn't even quote Christopher Hitchens. Those were my own words, I merely channeled his essence.

1 hour ago, Tyrant99 said:

Banned because fun means different things to different people and you seem to want to relegate this thread exclusively to your own definition of what you consider to be fun.

And also banned for constantly pulling out your little rulebook as if you were some sort of boorish boy-scout when in fact things are generally funner when you leave rules out of it...

And finally, banned for not pointing out that I didn't even quote Christopher Hitchens. Those were my own words, I merely channeled his essence.

BANNED! for embracing chaos - I'm quite sure the Huns had great fun sacking Rome (not sure how the Romans felt about it though).