You can edit the base game file to allow you to participate. The Magister uses the same flag that a woman pulling a Mulan has and wrestling has a specific exception for checking that. I just added another line to make an exception to the exception if the character has a trait in the magister trait group.

6 hours ago, Armin487 said:

You can edit the base game file to allow you to participate. The Magister uses the same flag that a woman pulling a Mulan has and wrestling has a specific exception for checking that. I just added another line to make an exception to the exception if the character has a trait in the magister trait group.

Uh how do I do that?

9 hours ago, MisterGrim said:

Uh how do I do that?

It's been a while since I did it, so I don't remember exactly what was there and this is really not the proper way to do it, but this is what I have now:

File: [your steamfolder]\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\game\common\scripted_triggers\04_ep2_tournament_triggers.txt

It's line 63 in my file (you can just ctrl+f for Mulan):

# Mulan is clever enough not to reveal themselves
    trigger_if = {
        limit = {
            involved_activity = { has_current_phase = tournament_phase_wrestling }
        }
        OR = {
            has_trait = magister_trait_group
            NOT = { has_character_modifier = ignores_gender_army_rules }
        }
    }

On 3/20/2024 at 3:33 AM, Armin487 said:

It's been a while since I did it, so I don't remember exactly what was there and this is really not the proper way to do it, but this is what I have now:

File: [your steamfolder]\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\game\common\scripted_triggers\04_ep2_tournament_triggers.txt

It's line 63 in my file (you can just ctrl+f for Mulan):

# Mulan is clever enough not to reveal themselves
    trigger_if = {
        limit = {
            involved_activity = { has_current_phase = tournament_phase_wrestling }
        }
        OR = {
            has_trait = magister_trait_group
            NOT = { has_character_modifier = ignores_gender_army_rules }
        }
    }

Didn't work. I wanna wrestle with my ladies. And then either win honorably or lose to titties. Sigh guess I'll just wait for his Royal Highness Ban10 and his coder monkeys. I wish I was a coder monkey so I could help

Really love this mod, but after a certain point, usually when the Magister's empire extends over all of the holy sites and most of continental Europe, the challenge kinda vanishes. Anybody got any good ideas for keeping the mid to late game interesting and spicy? Assuming that the sheer number of offspring don't cause the game engine to crash, that is.

On 4/6/2024 at 6:27 AM, pbmkzxy said:

Is there anything I can do to disable abice maritus interaction triggering automatically? I'd love to swap the ruler WHEN I want to (to make sure the dynasty stay in power)

You can edit the AI Character Interaction for the Abice Maritus so that it requires 100,000 piety. If the AI ever got that much I think they deserve to take over.

On 4/5/2024 at 8:39 PM, hewhocumsbynight said:

Really love this mod, but after a certain point, usually when the Magister's empire extends over all of the holy sites and most of continental Europe, the challenge kinda vanishes. Anybody got any good ideas for keeping the mid to late game interesting and spicy? Assuming that the sheer number of offspring don't cause the game engine to crash, that is.

With the new heresy system you can try to keep vassals unconverted so they will rise up every so often. Another option is have your heir become a different religion and once they inherit have them turn down the book and try to convert everything away from Regula Magistri. I can't think of anything else that can be done to make the late game harder.

3 hours ago, merrick1031 said:

You can edit the AI Character Interaction for the Abice Maritus so that it requires 100,000 piety. If the AI ever got that much I think they deserve to take over.

With the new heresy system you can try to keep vassals unconverted so they will rise up every so often. Another option is have your heir become a different religion and once they inherit have them turn down the book and try to convert everything away from Regula Magistri. I can't think of anything else that can be done to make the late game harder.

Good suggestions! The idea of a repentant heir, always tempted to take the temptation, is intriguing!

Hi! Does anyone know how to trigger the Servitude Faction War? I tried Fascinare on the wives of some Kingdoms powerful vassals then did the Abice Maritus to overtake the title. Do i just have to wait? 

Btw after doing those steps i tried Usurpation of charmed vassals, did nothing but increased the Domination Wars.

On 4/8/2024 at 10:02 PM, xazex said:

Hi! Does anyone know how to trigger the Servitude Faction War? I tried Fascinare on the wives of some Kingdoms powerful vassals then did the Abice Maritus to overtake the title. Do i just have to wait? 

Btw after doing those steps i tried Usurpation of charmed vassals, did nothing but increased the Domination Wars.

Servitude Faction Wars can be a bit tricky. Just like any faction they need to have a certain amount of power before it will let them declare war. Converting as many vassals as possible can help this as well as raiding the liege with enough troops to get the liege to try and fight you but where you still win so they become weakened. You should get a pop up when the faction forms but I'm not aware of a way to monitor it's progress.

Okay, folks,
In my opinion, Regula is the ultimate mod, and I have built my mod list based on Regula.
My current "stable" load order is as follows, in case someone needs it and has had troubles with it too:

image.png.5183b0bf24b0d29680bca999d77d2f3e.png

image.png.88b947ed414ce514b46c58dcd832af9a.png

!Atention! Its seems working for me for now, with some dynamic affairs errors, not critical btw

My dlc's

image.png.133c383fcf1782d9a857f629e9d7e0e9.png

Also, I'm trying to get into CK3 modding to help the developers. I'm a programmer and maybe I will have time to help the community.
@ban10, can you suggest something for me to start with? Because I'm currently not understanding how to find the default game constants and variables and how to interact with them via mods.
Thanks in advance, and thank you very much for Regula.

19 hours ago, bykov21 said:

Also, I'm trying to get into CK3 modding to help the developers. I'm a programmer and maybe I will have time to help the community.
@ban10, can you suggest something for me to start with? Because I'm currently not understanding how to find the default game constants and variables and how to interact with them via mods.
Thanks in advance, and thank you very much for Regula.

Be aware that the paradox scripting language is in fact a scripting language. And that it is extremely domain-specific. 
I recommend joining the CK3 Mod Co-Op Discord. They are accommodating and can help you get started. 
Keizer and Tobbzn are legends and also very active. Obviously, don't mention that you're working on something from LL. 

If I were you, I'd start on something small, before you try and tackle something like RM. Maybe make a small RM flavour pack or something. I made a physical traits extension for all the tiered traits as my "learn how to mod" task. There's also a tutorial mod by sparc called "PDXCON Tutorial Mod", that is well worth a look. 
There is also a VS code extension with language support. I think there's one for InteliJ, but I've not tried that one. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2024 at 8:26 AM, Living Figure said:

Have anyone considered make  a compatible version with POD?  

I'd love this. Don't know how well the mechanics would blend together, but itd be neat to try. Considering how much POD changes though, it might be a lot to ask for.

Been hoping for a Elf Destiny Compat mod. The only issue between the 2 that i've found is that the RM council cannot be used. Otherwise, everything else seemed to run really well. 

Been hoping to get into some CK3 modding myself, might check out that video that you mentioned @JohnDWizard, i've checked out a couple on youtube and have made edits to cultures and minor stuff like that. Main thing I keep not getting right is the localization, but i'm getting there. Would love to be good enough to make something like NSFW or even contribute to RM and help out Ban10.

regula_magi_court = {
    background = "gfx/interface/icons/culture_pillars/ethos_regula_sexual.dds"

is_shown = {
        ##if has regula religion?
        culture = { has_cultural_pillar = regula_magistri_ethos }
    }

is_valid = {
        culture = { has_cultural_pillar = regula_magistri_ethos }
    }

Im trying to do these but i dont see the corut type even i have regula culture. What im doing wrong?

Hello!

So I'm using a cracked version of the game and don't have access to any of the steam-specific packs...but anytime I attempt to add this mod to the game I get CTD...

am I missing something with the LO that's causing conflict?  thanks in advance!

CK3 LO 2.png

CK3 LO 1.png

Posted (edited)

Love this mod, been a huge fan of it since way back when the original author first posted it to The Collective. IIRC, I might have been the one to suggest the 'Always Nude' rule/option for the player's Compedita. And I definitely love how much it's developed since the last time I've played it. So many cool features, I particularly like the raiding events.

I keep coming up with things to suggest, and then forgetting them by the time I get around to posting, but one I know I'd like to see is Regula themed Intents for the various vanilla Activities. IE, if I get invited to a Feast, or even host my own, I think it'd be cool to be able to use some of the Intents from the Orgy Activity at the Feast, like Charm or Recruit.

When I remember others, I'll try to post them here. Keep up the great work.

Edit: Remembered another. Not sure if it was this mod or its spiritual predecessor Arglwydd for CK2, but I recall being able to use your power on men in limited ways. IE you could make them impotent, shrink their cock, turn them gay, make them insane, make them castrate themselves,  etc. Something like that would be cool, especially if tied into events

Edited by MasterQuinn
22 hours ago, Clangeddon said:

Hello!

So I'm using a cracked version of the game and don't have access to any of the steam-specific packs...but anytime I attempt to add this mod to the game I get CTD...

It's impossible to tell at a glance. You need to strip your load order down until it works, and then slowly add mods in until it breaks. Then you know what mod causes it. 

On 5/1/2024 at 11:13 PM, Clangeddon said:

Hello!

CK3 LO 2.png

CK3 LO 1.png

My personal sugestion for the load order:
Any non Carnalitas

Caranlitas

Caranlitas Submods Like cbo and regula

patches and comparability patches