So... This maybe a month old, but I am now told that Operation Lovecraft is a potential Fyre Festival of hentai games

The devs are facing millions of requests, lots of pledges, and yet isn't exactly what this game is supposed to be other than a pose-and-shoot-and-fuck simulator ala Honey Select. And instead of getting it delivered in a few years, it's fucking dragging along so slow, meaning all the screenshots are just window dressing, and in the case of the Patreon version, a half-baked job. Unfortunately, however, I am also told the game is made in China, and there microtransactions are huge, and devs there figure out ways to make a lot of money from the content, and trying to file a lawsuit against the devs for fraud would be like pouring water through a sieve.

Hey, at least the character designs are so fucking hot. Especially Alet... what a real turn-on she is.

Edited by Rayblue

Awful videos...

But to answer the question: No, its not gonna be a fire festival.
People who support it are well aware that its mostly a

1 hour ago, Rayblue said:

pose-and-shoot-and-fuck simulator ala Honey Select.

And They are probably fine with that.

3 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Awful videos...

But to answer the question: No, its not gonna be a fire festival.
People who support it are well aware that its mostly a

And They are probably fine with that.

What kind of game that goes from just a HS clone to having too many damn things attached to it? The dangers of crowdfunding without due transparency and sincerity. Instead the studio practically created an MLM.

Anyhow, there's going to be a lot of losers suddenly having no solid game to play.

Edited by Rayblue
Vor 13 Stunden sagte Rayblue:

Was für ein Spiel, das von einem einfachen HS-Klon zu einem Spiel wird, an dem zu viele verdammte Dinge hängen? Die Gefahren von Crowdfunding ohne entsprechende Transparenz und Aufrichtigkeit. Stattdessen hat das Studio praktisch ein MLM geschaffen.

Wie auch immer, es wird viele Verlierer geben, die plötzlich kein solides Spiel mehr spielen können.

All of this - the "crowdfunding" - has long since been burnt to the ground by -> "Star Citizen".

in the meantime almost 600 million dollars have flowed into it from ... Attention -> "donations

and there will never be a finished game ... what for ... because then this goldmine wouldn't work anymore

how perfect it all is ... instead of selling a finished product the illusion of a possibly eventeulle finished product in a distant future ... strictly speaking, it's a brilliant business idea.

Now the people behind "Star Citizen" did not invent the whole thing - selling illusions. You only have to look at the stock exchange ... how non-existent goods such as gold or crude oil are traded there ... "entitlement certificates" go over the "counter" ... or it is called "entitlements" or other imaginative names.

For example, 10 times the amount of bonds on crude oil are traded every day than are actually offered on the market.

Since this is considered legal ... who would be surprised to see such practices extended to the gaming industry ... and thus micro-transactions have long since become obsolete

?

5 hours ago, Miauzi said:

For example, 10 times the amount of bonds on crude oil are traded every day than are actually offered on the market.

These are called derivatives, goods that are traded with leverage, without having the supply at hand. 

Check this site so you can have an idea of the size of it. It was one quadrillion in 2020

As for the OP, I don't see any connection between the game displayed and the lovecraftian mythos. 

Edited by Wolfstorm321
6 hours ago, Miauzi said:

All of this - the "crowdfunding" - has long since been burnt to the ground by -> "Star Citizen".

in the meantime almost 600 million dollars have flowed into it from ... Attention -> "donations

and there will never be a finished game ... what for ... because then this goldmine wouldn't work anymore

how perfect it all is ... instead of selling a finished product the illusion of a possibly eventeulle finished product in a distant future ... strictly speaking, it's a brilliant business idea.

Now the people behind "Star Citizen" did not invent the whole thing - selling illusions. You only have to look at the stock exchange ... how non-existent goods such as gold or crude oil are traded there ... "entitlement certificates" go over the "counter" ... or it is called "entitlements" or other imaginative names.

Since this is considered legal ... who would be surprised to see such practices extended to the gaming industry ... and thus micro-transactions have long since become obsolete

?

The obvious difference between Operation Lovecraft and Star Citizen is of how much media attention they got by the so-called gaming press. In any case, these are blatant examples of crowdfunding abuses.

On 6/5/2023 at 11:58 AM, Miauzi said:

Star Citizen

Here's an unrelated anecdote:

Several years ago Mandalore made a video on Star Citizen, basically arguing and presenting facts and evidence its was an elaborate Ponzi scheme. I think this video is something like 6 years old at the moment. I made a joke comment on this video then, that I will sooner see Bannerlord released than SC finished, and Bannerlord wasn't even on the horizon at the time.

Regardless of what my opinion on Bannerlord is, I got a bit of a chuckle and a perverted sense of satisfaction when it finally hit 1.0.

Edited by belegost

OL was never promised to be anything more than a cosmic bestiality simulator. Which it is.

Anyone who thought this was going to turn into waifuwarframe with space animal fucking... is an idiot. You just are. There's no polite way to say it, because "naive" or "unaware" doesn't cover the context of how badly horny has fucked your ability to see a spade for a spade.

The five people I know capable of making an Asterigos level game by themselves en toto, all work as engine consultants/engineers and have no interest in getting paid grunt work wages on a hope and a dream that maybe a game will latch on. They get paid big daddy dollars and the three of them that provide "side content" to various games/engine at their whim, and they do not take requests.

Because no one with that level of skill does.

Also megalol at the dude that preaches how "amazing" subverse was and is talking about OL like it's a scam is fucking hilarious, because subverse is a fucking scam that happens to be mostly kind of functional. They're both scams.

AdeptusSteve hired a big ass chunk of folks and WildLife is still what... 55% ish or so percent done? Shit takes work. A fuckton of work.

One man is going to make warframe with dynamic fucking? lol. Like fucking megalol.

These people scammed themselves.

Edited by 27X
7 hours ago, 27X said:

subverse

I am still amazed by the fact how many positive reviews this pile of mediocrity got on Steam upon release.

Early on I came across OL partly because the character design was so impressive but not enough to warrant me to buy it, but now that I am observing the bruhaha from a distance, for a lot less than how much money the blokes throw at OL for nothing, I would choose to grab Honey Select then mod it.

Operation Lovecraft

Oh right. Is this the project from the Fallen Doll people?

It looked interesting at first since there seemed to be some intention to put an actual story together with all those nice-looking models and animation.