AAF: SavageCabbage Animations Rescaling

AAF: SavageCabbage Animations Rescaling

View File

This is a scaling patch for AAF scenes

Some animation packs don't use the same scale for the human race, like "My Animation Pack" which was made with the assumption that all female NPCs are scaled to 0.98 (with the exception of some unique NPCs, it's true) and others used different scales per race, like "Gray User" who clearly didn't use 1.0 as Mirelurk scale in his animations.
Add to that the fact that members of the same race can spawn with different scale (like dogs, Mirelurks, Feral ghouls and bloadtflies...) and you find yourself facing a dilemma: enabling AAF rescaling in "AAF_settings.ini" to align most of the animations ? or disabling it and only have some of the them aligned.
This little patch was conceived to avoid having to make a choice (eventually).

There are Four Files (versions) in the download section (all plugins are ESL flagged):

1. AAF_SCRS_F: for gendered Male:Female xmls (no FF, MM), it will scale any female in the scene to 0.98 and males to 1.0 if the position played is one of SC's, otherwise 1.0:1.0 (like AAF rescaling).
  2. AAF_SCRS: compatible with any configuration (MF, FF, MM), it will scale the receiver (first actor) to 0.98 and all the others to 1.0 if the position played is one of SC's, otherwise 1.0 for all actors so don't forget to select the receiver first when starting a scene with AAF wizard if you install this version.
  3. AAF_SCRS_Cr/AAF_SCRS_Cr_F: Same as AAF_SCRS/AAF_SCRS_F but if the actor race is listed in the override list (SCRS_RaceScaleList) he will get scaled to the specified scale for that race (see description below).

Actors will get rescaled on position change too, so you can safely switch between SC and no-SC positions on the fly ( @spicydoritos thanks for the reminder).

Disabling AAF "scale_actors_for_animations" setting is highly recommended but not mandatory (not just in "AAF_settings.ini" but in any ini file in AAF folder with higher priority: for exemple: "rxl_bp70_settings.ini". @Snapdragon_ thank you for pointing that out)

Since 1.1.0:

Thanks to @spicydoritos who discovered the correct scale for Mirelurks and Bloatflies, i added support for them and decided to give the user more freedom. Now you can add your own scale for any race you want (vanilla, DLC, or modded) by editing a single property in Ck:

1. Open SCRS_Quest, go to script/property, select SCRS_RaceScaleList and clic Add:

Spoiler

image.png.0332daf919b43d78f0a80c011a4c0e99.png

2. In the new window, select "RaceID" and add the race you want (use filter to find the race ID):

Spoiler

image.png.df78dddde6c82d53231be8dbd339507c.png

3. Select "RaceScale" and enter the correct scale for the selected race (e.g 0.85):

Spoiler

image.png.6c751a7877d053550c1e76bccd5f32c7.png

4. Finally, hit ok until you close all the windows and save your plugin.

So now you don't have to wait for an update if you find a race that is not properly scaled in animations (don't forget to send me the correct scale with screenshots if you want it to be part of future updates).

I also added a Holotape craftable at an Chemistry station under "Utility" (see screenshots) that lets you enable/disable SCRS scaling. You should be able to "safely" uninstall this mod at any time (stop the script in holotape or console first) but there is absolutely no need to (just stop it in holotape if you don't want to use it anymore).

Disclaimer:

This patch works as intended on Humans/Ghouls/(Super Mutants and dogs too but not tested extensively) but not Feral Ghouls. From what i gathered, feral ghouls don't have a consistant scale (1.0 e.g) like other races, some FG animations will aligne perfectly with 1.01:0.98 ratio, others with 0.96:0.98... . So unless someone can provide a list with "position IDs" and corresponding "FG scales", i can't do anything about it. But this patch is still relevant in this case: it will lock the scale for you to 1.0 for all feral ghouls so you can effectively use "SAM" or xml to manually align actors for each position individually.

1.1.0  This mod doesn't have any DLC dependency, so if you want to add a scale for a DLC race (or mod added race) don't forget to load the appropriate plugin in CK when editing "SCRS_RaceScaleList".

Credits and acknowledgement:

@SavageCabbage For the excellent Animation Pack.
@dagobaking For AAF (this mod wouldn't be possible without AAF_API).

@EngineGaming For testing, feedback and screenshots.

@spicydoritos For testing, feedback, general support and "Mirelurks","Bloatflies" scales.

@wilmo For testing and feedback.

@EgoBallistic For help (not just with this mod) and general support.
@Snapdragon_ For help and general support.
@niston: for helping me with the scaling script and general support.

AAF Discord team: for their assistance and support.

Edited by lee3310

Thanks! As a primarily female player, this has always mildly annoyed me since sex scenes with female NPCs looked right but the female PC was always just a little "off" (by 2% apparently).

Edited by vaultbait
On 4/27/2023 at 11:56 PM, vaultbait said:

Thanks! As a primarily female player, this has always mildly annoyed me since sex scenes with female NPCs looked right but the female PC was always just a little "off" (by 2% apparently).

Exactly, Piper too has an 1.0 scale (that's how i noticed the scale problem a couple of months ago). 
Originally, AAF doppelganger is 0.98 like other female NPCs but it will get rescaled to match the player height (1.0 for female PC).

Edited by lee3310

Thanks, I would like to see scale for ghouls depending on position, 
What about tag "GhoulScale101" and "GhoulScale096". So you can write logic to scale depending on this tags.

Are there just these 2 values?

Also something about Gorilla and ml king should be done, for me it looks like 1.0 is not the best for these creatures

Edited by Indarello
On 5/6/2023 at 8:39 AM, Indarello said:

Thanks, I would like to see scale for ghouls depending on position, 
What about tag "GhoulScale101" and "GhoulScale096". So you can write logic to scale depending on this tags.

Are there just these 2 values?

Oh, If you know the correct scale per position for ghouls (or any other NPC) i can edit the script accordingly. 
AFAIK, we can use new tags "GhoulScale096/GhoulScale101" like you proposed or positionID/name to filter animations (whichever is best or easier).

On 5/6/2023 at 8:39 AM, Indarello said:

Also something about Gorilla and ml king should be done, for me it looks like 1.0 is not the best for these creatures

I can add a race check for them if they have a consistent scale (same scale for all postions), just need the correct scale.

Edited by lee3310
16 hours ago, lee3310 said:

Oh, If you know the correct scale per position for ghouls (or any other NPC) i can edit the script accordingly. 
AFAIK, we can use new tags "GhoulScale096/GhoulScale101" like you proposed or positionID/name to filter animations (whichever is best or easier).

I can add a race check for them if they have a consistent scale (same scale for all postions), just need the correct scale.

I thought you know all possible scale combinations, if you find them all, we can manage them with tags

On 4/27/2023 at 10:38 PM, lee3310 said:

Disclaimer:

So unless someone can provide a list with "position IDs" and corresponding "FG scales", i can't do anything about it. But this patch is still relevant in this case: it will lock the scale for you to 1.0 for all feral ghouls so you can effectively use "SAM" or xml to manually align actors for each position individually.   

2 hours ago, Indarello said:

I thought you know all possible scale combinations, if you find them all, we can manage them with tags

No unfortunately, i talked about it in the disclaimer. But maybe in the future i will take the time to identify the correct ghoul scale for as many position as i can and if you happen to find the correct number for any given race/positions that makes the animation align properly, you can post it here (or DM me) and i will add it to the script.
PS

I asked Savage for the correct scales and was hoping that he has those numbers somewhere on his drive and post them on his topic. (it's a long shot).
I wonder if it's possible to identify the scale from the .hkx files (hkx pack didn't return anything related to scale).

Edited by lee3310

Disabling AAF "scale_actors_for_animations" setting is highly recommended but not mandatory (not just in "AAF_settings.ini" but in any ini file in AAF folder with higher priority: for exemple: "rxl_bp70_settings.ini".

Similarly found set in a CHAKPack_settings.ini file installed by C.H.A.K. Animation Pack.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to make sure I'm not using the wrong file: it actually means male and female, I assume. Not giver and receiver. I play an actress and in SH, Violate I also activated sex with women, who then use the viodoe from Indarello's strap-on,viodoe,dick for female/servitron 4.2 during sex.
I would use the AAF_SCRS_Cr out of a gut feeling, is that recommended?

6 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Just to make sure I'm not using the wrong file: it actually means male and female, I assume. Not giver and receiver. I play an actress and in SH, Violate I also activated sex with women, who then use the viodoe from Indarello's strap-on,viodoe,dick for female/servitron 4.2 during sex.
I would use the AAF_SCRS_Cr out of a gut feeling, is that recommended?

If you use the _F, all females involved in the scene will be scaled to 0.98 but only when the position played is one of SCs. It's not a big deal but if your SCs xmls are ungendered or with custom FF postions, you will have a better alignment with the "non _F" version (only female receiver will be scaled to 0.98). 

Edited by lee3310

I think that making this mod is a great idea. I was going to add the function to my adjustments at some point (well, did some already) but haven't been modding actively for a few months now. I haven't tried your mod out yet, because I'm afraid it might be incompatible with my mod. Does this mod recognize the SC animations through tags? I'm just thinking about how to make my adjustments (FF versions of SC animations, mostly) compatible with this mod. Maybe I should remove the scaling settings from my adjustments and tell people to get this one to get the scaling correct? Which version do you think would be best? I thought that maybe AAF_SCRS_Cr would be the one for max compatibility with the new SACA spicydoritos just published, among other things.

I was also going to do pegging versions of some animations. I'm starting with Leitos animations now, but I might try it with SC later. The xml's have the genders reversed in animationData. How would your mod react to those? It will scale the receiver to 0.98 even if the actor is a male, I presume, since the male stuff comes first in the animationData xml's.

52 minutes ago, ookkerpak said:

I think that making this mod is a great idea. I was going to add the function to my adjustments at some point (well, did some already) but haven't been modding actively for a few months now. I haven't tried your mod out yet, because I'm afraid it might be incompatible with my mod. Does this mod recognize the SC animations through tags? I'm just thinking about how to make my adjustments (FF versions of SC animations, mostly) compatible with this mod. Maybe I should remove the scaling settings from my adjustments and tell people to get this one to get the scaling correct? Which version do you think would be best? I thought that maybe AAF_SCRS_Cr would be the one for max compatibility with the new SACA spicydoritos just published, among other things.

Yes, this mod recognize SC positions through tags  (tags="SavageCabbage") and AAF_SCRS_Cr is indeed best for FF xmls, because "_F" will scale all females to 0.98 not just the receiver.
I think most of SC positions (human human at least) don't require any adjustment if the scale ratio is the same used in 3ds max (scale used by author when making the animation) so you can disable SAM scaling if you use this mod, and if you find a position or two that don't look good with 0.98:1.0, just edit those (less work). But if you already realigned most of SC positions based of 1.0:1.0 ratio (AAF scaling ON) then yes, this mod will be incompatible with SEA.

52 minutes ago, ookkerpak said:

I was also going to do pegging versions of some animations. I'm starting with Leitos animations now, but I might try it with SC later. The xml's have the genders reversed in animationData. How would your mod react to those? It will scale the receiver to 0.98 even if the actor is a male, I presume, since the male stuff comes first in the animationData xml's.

As of now, the actor order in xml is not relevant, because i don't know how to access that information or make use of it in script without adding dependency to 3rd party F4se plugins and eventually make the mod script heavy. So only the actors order in script and AAF wizard (when manually starting a scene) matters, but that's handled by mods and you don't have to worry about it. 

47 minutes ago, ookkerpak said:

What happens if I do or do not disable scaling?

I tested both eventualities and nothing happened, all NPCs got scaled properly and recovered their former scale without issues but better safe than sorry. Plus, SCRS is already scaling all actors to 1.0 when there is no specified scale or relevant tag so enabling AAF scaling is pointless and redundant. 

Edited by lee3310
8 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

But if you already realigned most of SC positions based of 1.0:1.0 ratio...

I didn't, just added scale to adjustments via SAM interface, which is pretty easy to reset/undo. It just reduces the scale to 98% of what it was, and I suspect it uses some other scaling method than "setscale 0.98 " equivalent. So in a way it was a good thing to have the AAF scaling on - the starting point was always 1.0.

12 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

you don't have to worry about it. 

Good. Didn't understand that much more than the general idea about it ;)

13 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

enabling AAF scaling is pointless and redundant. 

Is it redundant for SC animations only, or all the other packs also?

21 hours ago, lee3310 said:

If you use the _F, all females involved in the scene will be scaled to 0.98 but only when the position played is one of SCs. It's not a big deal but if your SCs xmls are ungendered or with custom FF postions, you will have a better alignment with the "non _F" version (only female receiver will be scaled to 0.98). 

Okay, if I'm playing a female character then the _F version is probably more appropriate.
Can I exchange the versions in the middle of the game or do I first have to deactivate the ones without _F via the chemistry station and then uninstall them?

PS: I just did it like this and hope it was right.
Created holotape, disabled rescaling. _F installed without _F uninstalled, rescaling enabled. Seems logical to me.

Edited by deathmorph

21 hours ago, ookkerpak said:

Good. Didn't understand that much more than the general idea about it ;)

When you start a scene, you pass an array of actors[] (NPCs) to AAF; the first one in the list (actors[0]) will be the receiver.

21 hours ago, ookkerpak said:

Is it redundant for SC animations only, or all the other packs also?

All of them.

4 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Okay, if I'm playing a female character then the _F version is probably more appropriate.
Can I exchange the versions in the middle of the game or do I first have to deactivate the ones without _F via the chemistry station and then uninstall them?

PS: I just did it like this and hope it was right.
Created holotape, disabled rescaling. _F installed without _F uninstalled, rescaling enabled. Seems logical to me.

You can safely switch between versions whenever you like (_F and non _F). Disabling the rescaling in holotape first is a good practice.

Edited by lee3310
39 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

When you start a scene, you pass an array of actors[] (NPCs) to AAF; the first one in the list (actors[0]) will be the receiver.

Similarly, the custom events AAF emits include a copy of that same actor array, so when catching one you can still identify the receiver even if your mod isn't the one that initiated the scene or position change.

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2023 at 11:53 PM, vaultbait said:

Disabling AAF "scale_actors_for_animations" setting is highly recommended but not mandatory (not just in "AAF_settings.ini" but in any ini file in AAF folder with higher priority: for exemple: "rxl_bp70_settings.ini".

Similarly found set in a CHAKPack_settings.ini file installed by C.H.A.K. Animation Pack.

Also in RohZima Fallout 4 Sex Animations for AAF.

50 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Yeah, i saw the file but didn't want to ask the author to remove them (there is no need to add your own .ini since AAF's exist). I'll make a list of all mods shipped with AAF settings.ini and post it in the description i guess.

I guess a cleaner solution is for users to create another INI with a very high priority (higher than those shipped in any animation/pose mods) and turn off actor scaling in that?

13 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I guess a cleaner solution is for users to create another INI with a very high priority (higher than those shipped in any animation/pose mods) and turn off actor scaling in that?

Yes, that's what i did for me and i can add a ".ini" with high priority to this mod archive so users don't have to do it them selfs but i'm reluctant cause i don't like forcing settings like that, could lead to confusion (like what BP70 ini did to me when making this mod, i thought AAF was broken and can't read from ini anymore, i even complained about it on their discord ?).

Edited by lee3310
9 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Yes, that's what i did for me and i can add a ".ini" with high priority to this mod archive so users don't have to do it them selfs but i'm reluctant cause i don't like forcing settings like that, could lead to confusion (like what BP70 ini did to me when making this mod, i though AAF was broken and can't read from ini anymore, i even complained about it on their discord ?).

Yeah, I keep a personal set of AAF settings in an AAF_preferences.ini with a higher priority and simply added it there. I suppose you could add a FOMOD installer option for an override INI, but still enough people just blindly install things or answer yes without understanding the consequences that it goes right back to your earlier concerns.