no character animations load when using sexlab

ive rebuilt the regstery like 500 times, cleaned it, ran fnis, 20+ times, i also use nemisis and delete behaviors and the default male and female files in meshes... ive gotten it to work once, and thought it was cause i rebuilt the animation regstery, it was me running fnis again after i already ran nemisis... so for the working jank one i ran fnis, deleted files ran nemisis, then ran fnis again, but everything was a bit jank. i did that combo again but it didnt work so now i just dunno what to do. nearing the point of just removing the mod all together lmao. 

i did do new save
wait for mcm to load
save
exit out of the game
load save, enabled sex lab, 
lb loader mcm enable and register.. but no character animations load + i did register animations in the sexlab mcm only to have nothing load, i feel nemisis messes with it but im not sure.
so im just frustrated, i uninstaled and reinstalled sexlab framework

so yeah im at a loss for what to do.

any help would be great.

This is not going to be the popular opinion but my 10-15 years of modding skyrim says Nemesis is not a good idea. It may enable cool modern features or whatever it does, but for what we do here it seems more like a crapshoot than a reliable companion/replacement for FNIS.

Anyhow, "jank" doesn't tell me anything. You might as well have said "it broken, how fix?"

9 minutes ago, doomgodxx said:

i did register animations in the sexlab mcm

There is no animation loader in the SL MCM.

10 minutes ago, doomgodxx said:

only to have nothing load

How do you know if something loaded or not? Or do you mean something else by "load" like, something didn't show up in an MCM or your character was T-posing instead of playing the animation you expected?

11 minutes ago, doomgodxx said:

i feel nemisis messes with it

The fact that you have to do a balancing act with FNIS is enough to say yes obviously Nemesis is messing with *it*. As far as I know you can have both work at once, but I haven't personally gone there because like I said, first impressions say its not there yet, not for us here on LL anyways.

If you don't know how to setup Nemesis + FNIS things won't work yeah. But it can be done, it has been done. And Nemesis isn't doing anything crazy, it works fine if you use it as intended and it even work fine if you mix it with FNIS. The thing is how to get both to work at the same time can change a bit depending on your setup, so you'll have to see what works for you. Some people simply run FNIS and Nemesis back to back and keep all the files, others run one, pack the files, keep some and run the other program. The way I managed to configure both was:

1. Install FNIS+Creature pack and Nemesis to MO2, setup output folders for both tools.
  2. Enable FNIS, Nemesis and both outputs in MO2.
  3. Run FNIS first, once it's done open the FNIS output and only keep the /meshes folder.
  4. Disable the FNIS output and run Nemesis (update engine, run Nemesis).
  5. Enable the FNIS output again and place it below Nemesis output. The mods in the left side are in this order:
    1. FNIS + Creature Pack (always enabled)
    2. Nemesis (always enabled)
    3. Nemesis Output (always enabled)
    4. FNIS Output (disabled during Nemesis run, keeping only the /meshes generated by FNIS)

That's it, that way I have full Nemesis functionality and creature animations.

edit:

Also, confirm you don't have any warning or error lines in FNIS and Nemesis, if you see any you must address it.

If you don't care about creature animations you can use Nemesis alone, since that's the only thing you would be using FNIS on top of Nemesis.

Verify the SL installation is being completed correctly, as Gukhan mentions it must be done while on 3rd person or else some requirements aren't properly detected/animations don't load as expected.

Edited by Just Don't

There is no animation loader in the SL MCM.

sorry ment to say animation enable +  register button 

How do you know if something loaded or not? Or do you mean something else by "load" like, something didn't show up in an MCM or your character was T-posing instead of playing the animation you expected?

in sex lab mcm, under characters animations is says and stays at 0.

The fact that you have to do a balancing act with FNIS is enough to say yes obviously Nemesis is messing with *it*. As far as I know you can have both work at once, but I haven't personally gone there because like I said, first impressions say its not there yet, not for us here on LL anyways.

i had it working, before i downloaded an update to Valhalla combat, along with shadows of skyrim an updataing my undeath mods and then it all went to s**t even downgraded all of them back but it didnt do anything to fix it. 

I'm just looking for solutions.

Do you install sexlab in first or third person?

Hear me out: If you don't have any other Animation packs for it installed yet and you install sexlab, which comes with his default animations for testing (because thats the only thing they are good for.) and you are in first person, sexlab has a bug that causes those animations not to get registered. So either install the framework in third person (free came should NOT start playing, so walk around while it does) Or install a Slal pack and register that with sexlab animation loader

Since you have FNIS and Nemesis check out Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH).  In the mod list check out "Final" spoiler for install order and the (ADVANCED) Nemesis and FNIS section for getting them to work together.

I've had this running for a year now.  All the Sexlab animations I loaded into SLAL work.  Many folks have used this, and it's proven to work.

Edited by remodel
26 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

If you don't know how to setup Nemesis + FNIS things won't work yeah. But it can be done, it has been done. And Nemesis isn't doing anything crazy, it works fine if you use it as intended and it even work fine if you mix it with FNIS. The thing is how to get both to work at the same time can change a bit depending on your setup, so you'll have to see what works for you. Some people simply run FNIS and Nemesis back to back and keep all the files, others run one, pack the files, keep some and run the other program. The way I managed to configure both was:

1. Install FNIS+Creature pack and Nemesis to MO2, setup output folders for both tools.
  2. Enable FNIS, Nemesis and both outputs in MO2.
  3. Run FNIS first, once it's done open the FNIS output and only keep the /meshes folder.
  4. Disable the FNIS output and run Nemesis (update engine, run Nemesis).
  5. Enable the FNIS output again and place it below Nemesis output. The mods in the left side are in this order:
    1. FNIS + Creature Pack (always enabled)
    2. Nemesis (always enabled)
    3. Nemesis Output (always enabled)
    4. FNIS Output (disabled during Nemesis run, keeping only the /meshes generated by FNIS)

That's it, that way I have full Nemesis functionality and creature animations.

sorry i'm on vortex so I'm guessing it would be a bit different... i manually went into folders and deleted them, as someone on this site said to do that.

should i just reinstall fnis and nemisis..? or do i have to uninstall first before reinstalling..? i dunno how it works.

i do have a bunch of behavior errors through fnis but thought it would be fine and nemesis would overweight them anyways, i think i should reinstall fnis, as I don't have the fnis data ((or nim data)) folder in my vortex mod manager. for some reason I didn't have them. cause they just went straight into my game folder. and most likely is causing the issues ((cant say for sure)).

but its vortex so mi might have different steps I have to take?

Edited by doomgodxx
12 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

Do you install sexlab in first or third person?

Hear me out: If you don't have any other Animation packs for it installed yet and you install sexlab, which comes with his default animations for testing (because thats the only thing they are good for.) and you are in first person, sexlab has a bug that causes those animations not to get registered. So either install the framework in third person (free came should NOT start playing, so walk around while it does) Or install a Slal pack and register that with sexlab animation loader

it kicks me out to 3rd person, and i just let it be, animations just remained at 0

No idea about Vortex. But you shouldn't be deleting parts of the main mods, only some files of the generated ones (if any, some methods work without deleting anything). I guess reinstalling them would restore things to how it where prior to you deleting anything. I'm sure there are instructions for Vortex specifically. Can you get FNIS or Nemesis alone to work? I would be worth checking this, perhaps your issue is elsewhere.

Edited by Just Don't
15 minutes ago, doomgodxx said:

sorry i'm on vortex so I'm guessing it would be a bit different... i manually went into folders and deleted them, as someone on this site said to do that.

should i just reinstall fnis and nemisis..? or do i have to uninstall first before reinstalling..? i dunno how it works.

I would strongly advise avoiding just deleting things from folders. For Racemenu jslots or bodyslide config files, it's one thing, but for those things that get intimately tied into your game and save files, I think it's a dumb way to go (unless of course you know exactly what you're doing, ie have a level of expertise you do not seem to have)

I also use Vortex. If I want to stop a mod from doing its thing, I either uninstall it or suspend it. (ie "disable"), although in the latter case, disabling might not always be sufficient for the content provided by some mods. After said uninstallation or disabling, I redeploy ("deploy mods") the game before playing

13 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

No idea about Vortex. But you shouldn't be deleting parts of the main mods, only some files of the generated ones (if any, some methods work without deleting anything). I guess reinstalling them would restore things to how it where prior to you deleting anything. I'm sure there are instructions for Vortex specifically. Can you get FNIS or Nemesis alone to work? I would be worth checking this, perhaps your issue is elsewhere.

i can get fnis and nem to run, sexlab just doesn't register any animations, unless i rebuild with some of the mod packs.  but it only loads up the creature animations but 0 of the character. i reinstalled fnis, but it did not make a fnis data folder lmfao. i see why people dont use vortex.

im getting this
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_0M2F_A", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_0MF_D", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_0MF_K", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_0MF_M", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_0MF_R", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_0MF_S", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_0MF_U", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_B3P_A", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_BB_A", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_BGA_A", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_BG_A", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_BLF_A", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_EMF_A", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_NIB_A", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\0Sex_OpS_A", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\Defeat", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\FlowerGirlsSE", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\FNISBase", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\FNISCreatureVersion", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\HCOSBestiality", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\HCOSVore", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\ImmersiveAnimatedLooting", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\MoreNastyCritters", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\SexLab", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\SexLabAP", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\SexLabAroused", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\SexLabCreature", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\SexLab_Aroused_Creatures", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\XPMSE", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\YurianaWench", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\ZaZAnimationPack", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\_ESG_0ER_F", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\_ESG_0ER_M", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<

when running fnis i get these ((probably the cause of the problems but i dont know)) , i don't get errors or warrning when i run these through nem after i delete behavior files and such. what causes this..? i have the correct things installed. im on skyrim special edition, and i have updates blocked on my steam.

1 hour ago, doomgodxx said:

i do have a bunch of behavior errors through fnis but thought it would be fine and nemesis would overweight them anyways, i think i should reinstall fnis, as I don't have the fnis data ((or nim data)) folder in my vortex mod manager. for some reason I didn't have them. cause they just went straight into my game folder. and most likely is causing the issues ((cant say for sure)).

but its vortex so mi might have different steps I have to take?

On vortex you just run FNIS first then Nemesis later. Done. Don't delete anything. And make sure you have the correct SL framework for your game version.

Edited by assassin394
57 minutes ago, doomgodxx said:

sexlab just doesn't register any animations

You keep saying this but SL Framework doesn't 'register' animations. The mod which registers animation packs is SL Animation Loader and this can only register animations if you have installed the necessary animation packs.

4 hours ago, Just Don't said:

It has nothing to do with FNIS, Nemesis or your version of Skyrim really. You shouldn't get these warnings tbh. I guess you deleted things you shouldn't. Try reinstalling or something.

reinstalling works, but i had to reinstall everything, vortex had messed up file locations and i had to delete and reinstall every animation and fnis based mod for things to work again. dunno what happend didnt think updating a mod would mess things up that badly lmao.

side note, who ever said to delete data on another post was really bad advice, this works 10x better..

1. install FNIS/XXL + spell/creature pack and Nemesis

2. enable FNIS + packs and disable Nemesis

3. Turn on "Run FNIS on deployment"

4. deploy to update FNIS animations

5. Turn off "Run FNIS on deployment"

6. disable FNIS (BUT NOT THE SPELL/CREATURE PACKS)

7. leave "FNIS data" enabled

8. enable Nemesis and deploy

9. update nemesis animations

Edited by doomgodxx
7 hours ago, doomgodxx said:

who ever said to delete data on another post was really bad advice

They were trolling you.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, facticio said:

Mucho bla bla y 0 soluciones.

Y cuál era tu problema? Hiciste lo mismo que el OP borrando cosas al azar? Mismo setup de Vortex, Nemesis? Mismas versiones del juego y requisitos para SL, SLAL, etc?

Mira que es fácil dar detalles para recibir ayuda específica a los problemas. Postear así es menos que poco útil.