DBF beta and testing for Skyrim Special Edition (April 2023)

Has anyone managed to fix the issue where enslavement (or something that happens during enslavement) tanks your magicka and stamina regen? I've been using skytweak and the modav command to fix it but it's a bit of a hassle having to fix it every time my character gets enslaved.

Edit: It's been a problem in previous versions also.

Edited by 3bayerbisonbill
On 7/22/2023 at 9:34 PM, 3bayerbisonbill said:

Has anyone managed to fix the issue where enslavement (or something that happens during enslavement) tanks your magicka and stamina regen? I've been using skytweak and the modav command to fix it but it's a bit of a hassle having to fix it every time my character gets enslaved.

Edit: It's been a problem in previous versions also.

I found a workaround a while back that *sort of* fixes the issue - I don't think it has to do with enslavement, but rather with the Sexlab Dialogues mage quest behavior. If you click on and off the 'Magicka Mastery System, your regen should stay at an advanced level.

Downside is it gives you quite a bit of base mana and mana regen, which means you usually have enough to cast some things while enslaved. Upside is it makes being a mage possible again.

I was playing with Cathedral Assets Optimizer and tried using it on Sanguine Debauchery SE. For some reason it didn't like DA_Mask_GND.nif. I can open it fine in Nifskope, though I notice that it says it is NetImmense File Format 4.0.0.2 whereas all of the rest of the .nif files are Gamebryo file format 20.2.0.7. I'm not sure this affects gameplay at all, but I thought it was weird. 

image.png.290ed0a85c76d83ba8f2bd22c365563a.png

On 7/27/2023 at 4:34 AM, lavatube said:

I was playing with Cathedral Assets Optimizer and tried using it on Sanguine Debauchery SE. For some reason it didn't like DA_Mask_GND.nif. I can open it fine in Nifskope, though I notice that it says it is NetImmense File Format 4.0.0.2 whereas all of the rest of the .nif files are Gamebryo file format 20.2.0.7. I'm not sure this affects gameplay at all, but I thought it was weird. 

image.png.290ed0a85c76d83ba8f2bd22c365563a.png

It doesn't impact gameplay yet.. this is an items I added for later in the story but it is more of a placeholder right now.

I am looking for a good mesh for Almalexia's Demon Mask that I can use.

There is one in a religious mod on Nexus but the owner issued a blanket band on reuse, even though they called their mod a 'resource for other modders'.

I am still looking for an option to replace this old mesh.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog

Using SD+ beta and for some reason it won't equip DD items when the master tries to it "says SD+ failed to load [insert item name]" and it doesn't appear on the character. Yes, I have DD latest version 5.2 for AE (I am on AE 1.6.240), yes I built DD items on bodyslide, yes, I ran FNIS before playing. Yes, I have all of SD+ requirements. 

6 hours ago, Moon255 said:

Using SD+ beta and for some reason it won't equip DD items when the master tries to it "says SD+ failed to load [insert item name]" and it doesn't appear on the character. Yes, I have DD latest version 5.2 for AE (I am on AE 1.6.240), yes I built DD items on bodyslide, yes, I ran FNIS before playing. Yes, I have all of SD+ requirements. 

A few questions:

1- Does that happen for all equipment pieces? (like Sanguine devices, enslavement collars, etc)

or does that happen for temporary equipment like shackles or gags used as punishment?

2- Are you using a custom race for the Player character? for the owner?

3- Does that happen for all owners? for a particular owner?

Any detail you can share would help me reproduce the issue. At this time, I have no problem getting equipment added to the player, so reproducing the issue will be difficult, but anything you can share might help.

On 7/29/2023 at 11:06 PM, DeepBlueFrog said:

A few questions:

1- Does that happen for all equipment pieces? (like Sanguine devices, enslavement collars, etc)

or does that happen for temporary equipment like shackles or gags used as punishment?

2- Are you using a custom race for the Player character? for the owner?

3- Does that happen for all owners? for a particular owner?

Any detail you can share would help me reproduce the issue. At this time, I have no problem getting equipment added to the player, so reproducing the issue will be difficult, but anything you can share might help.

1- Temporary equips. For instance, my character was positioned as if she was shackled or bound and clearly the mod was trying to equip the item, but nothing, happened. I believe it can be quickly replicated, for me it started as soon as I saw myself enslaved.

2 - Nope and Nope. No custom races in my game at all, only the ones provided by the base game and its DLCs, ofc. My character is a vampire, but I don't have any "vampire overhaul", tho, just better eyes and fangs and retexture. I don't even have mods that add new creatures or races installed, just mods that increase the spawn in quantity and frequency. I also don't play with any city/town/village overhaul exterior or interior. Just retextures.

3 - So far just the owner I was randomly assigned. 

To be fair, the overall experience with SD+ feels a little bit rough/buggy, the owner keeps saying he'll "put her away for the night" and I don't know if he's supposed to do something, or if something is supposed to happen, but it doesn't. And because the owner is a random NPC, whenever the crosshair is pointed at him, he'll say a nice "hello" ask how he can help, call the pc "friend" and say other super friendly/vanilla things (bye, immersion). I feel like the idea behind the mod is that I'm supposed to follow him around doing whatever he tells me to do, but he doesn't really say anything. 

I may or may not start another playthrough with SD+, I'm tempted because I know there's some interactions between SD+ and Sisterhood of Dibella, which is such a BOSS of a mod that I feel like quitting my present playthrough just to roleplay the heck out of a new weaker character. Amazing how well integrated it is with the vanilla temple quests! So good!

Anyway, I hope it helps. I'll let you know if I run into the same issues in a new play through, but I think it would be nice to let us select a follower as owner, so we can just use one of the followers frameworks to pick a custom/vanilla npc without  lines to be the owner, perhaps some integration with Devious Followers? I don't really know, just food for thought.

Love your work!  I hope one day you feel inspired to start a Mara cult. =P

10 hours ago, HrymfaxePrime said:

I am having issues with SD+ and animations. SD+ breaks the creature animations in my game so all the creatures just stand and do nothing. I have used FNIS with the creature pack and everything, and I use the newst AE version from Steam. I think it has maybe an incorrect load order that is breaking SD+, but I am very unsure.

Skyrim AE SD+ Anim Error Load Order.txt 17.48 kB · 0 downloads

I have found that the version of SD+ in this thread is missing some mesh files, such as creature skeletons, which the older LE version from 2022 have. Additionally, when I run FNIS SD+ doesn't generate creature behaviors, which makes me very confused as to why the mod breaks creature animations. I don't know if I got a bad install or if something is missing in the mod. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

10 minutes ago, HrymfaxePrime said:

I have found that the version of SD+ in this thread is missing some mesh files, such as creature skeletons, which the older LE version from 2022 have. Additionally, when I run FNIS SD+ doesn't generate creature behaviors, which makes me very confused as to why the mod breaks creature animations. I don't know if I got a bad install or if something is missing in the mod. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Never mind, I found the issue. I just had a bad load loader.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ello! Found out I was using an older version of Sexlab Stories (I am also using Stories Devious), and I was wondering 2 things:

1) Does the file here for Sexlab Stories include Stories Devious or should I still use the files for the latter part?;

and 2) Do I need to start a new game or is it safe for mid-update (especially since I do not have a save that doesn't have the E.L.L.E. quest started, just before going into the cave)?

Thank you for these mods, can't wait to see what comes next!

Man I don't know much, i spent the whole evening trying to start my game but couldn't got ctd, ended up getting a crash logger never needed until now,

Since I've been playing same character for a few days i didn't suspect alicia being the suspect, i still don't know how to read logs but it said something about Alicia_sanguinestatue, i disabled the mod it and at 5:30 in morning my game has finally started,

It was fun lol, ended up learning alot,

Will removing Alicia affect your other mods(I'm starting new game)

And does the mod adds some new features or just a follower,

While I'm at it I'll request a mod

i played cursed loot some time ago, the only feature i liked was a toy for sasha it came with a controller, but It didn't work on other npc could you make something like that if you ever find time, i just need a toy i can give to my follower.

I know the matter is not settled, whether or not plugins built in the 32bit engine should be re-saved in the SSE CK as a part of the process of porting the mod. But these critical data errors in weapon records

image.png.e3d0906ca6d8373303b1b9dd897dd5e2.png

are all fixed in the process.

However, there's a quirk where followers with custom sculpted face are concerned: Bethesda's official CK used to also export facegen in the process of saving the plugin, and that would destroy the sculpted face. I don't know if that's still the normal behaviour - haven't used the official CK ever since SSE CK Fixes was released, which does not export facegen unless you specifically and manually tell it to, by selecting the actor and pressing F4. This makes the process much more controllable, since you can avoid touching the facegen mesh altogether. Only if I see problems with the NPC's face in game, do I use SSE Nif Optimizer to process the nif (usually not necessary).

There's another problem with Alicia's Sanguine statue in the abandoned prison, that always plagued me when I used Better Dynamic Snow - causing the game to crash on entering the Character Creation Menu (I also use ASLAL, so the abandoned prison is also the default starting locaiton). I don't know exactly what the problem is, but the static record was mentioned in the .Net error report:

Registers
{
  AX:       0x0                (NULL)
  BX:       0x0                (NULL)
  CX:       0x20F7D0BB240      (NiNode*) -> (Name: `Scene Root`)
  DX:       0x20F5D838A48      (BSMaterialObject*) -> BGSMaterialObject(FormId: 00108A84, File: `Simplicity of Snow.esp <- MajesticMountains.esp <- Update.esm <- Skyrim.esm`)
  SI:       0x1                (u8):[1]
  DI:       0x20F7D0BB240      (NiNode*) -> (Name: `Scene Root`)
  BP:       0x20F5D838A48      (BSMaterialObject*) -> BGSMaterialObject(FormId: 00108A84, File: `Simplicity of Snow.esp <- MajesticMountains.esp <- Update.esm <- Skyrim.esm`)
  SP:       0xF24903EE40       (void*)
  IP:       0x7FF70E88E47D     (SkyrimSE.exe+12DE47D) (void*)
  R8:       0x1                (u8):[1]
  R9:       0x40000000         (u32):[1073741824] (f32):[2]
  R10:      0x0                (NULL)
  R11:      0xF24903EE30       (BSMaterialObject**) -> BGSMaterialObject(FormId: 00108A84, File: `Simplicity of Snow.esp <- MajesticMountains.esp <- Update.esm <- Skyrim.esm`)
  R12:      0x20F5D838A48      (BSMaterialObject*) -> BGSMaterialObject(FormId: 00108A84, File: `Simplicity of Snow.esp <- MajesticMountains.esp <- Update.esm <- Skyrim.esm`)
  R13:      0x0                (NULL)
  R14:      0x0                (NULL)
  R15:      0x20F5EB5E400      (TESObjectSTAT*) -> (FormId: 3B01987B, File: `AliciaPainSlut.esp`)

So I checked the record ##01987B in xEdit (## stands for AlicaPainSlut.esp's index in your load order, 3B in my example) and noticed it had the snow shader applied. Thought it shouldn't need it anyways, as the statue is only referenced once, and is located inside a dungeon, which in turn is also located in a non-snowy area. So I tried removing it, and it fixed the issue, no more crashing.

image.png.ee69f2d755a91f7093c0abf0cca2b075.png

(also changed the max angle to 90 "for good measure" - don't know if it affects anything since no shader will be applied, but I took the value from the other static records in the mod).

SD addon did not show up in MCM

-----------------------------

Looks like some compatible issue with Simple Slavery. When entering SD end from Simple Slavery, generated NPC just stood nearby the player in the wild and did nothing

----------------------------------

All the problems above were solved after I restarted the PC...

Edited by recentcabbage