Is skyrim se on 1.5.97 still the best version

7 minutes ago, Atomicflow said:

My game is allready at 1.5 i just wanna know if it is still the best or to upgrade to ae like I said

"Best" is a relative term. You'll never get a definitive answer to your question. If you don't care for fishing and have a working setup, there's no point in updating.

Edited by belegost
4 minutes ago, belegost said:

"Best" is a relative term. You'll never get a definitive answer to your question. If you don't care for fishing and have a working setup, there's no point in updating.

Ahh okay I was planning on just adding more mods anyways

If any of the mods you plan to use are only available for 1.6+ = no. You must upgrade or do without said mods.

If all the mods you plan to use are available for 1.5 = yeah, no need to upgrade.

CC content can be used regardless of your game version, the tipping point will always be skse plugin mods (mods with a dll compiled for X version of SKSE).

20 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

If any of the mods you plan to use are only available for 1.6+ = no. You must upgrade or do without said mods.

If all the mods you plan to use are available for 1.5 = yeah, no need to upgrade.

CC content can be used regardless of your game version, the tipping point will always be skse plugin mods (mods with a dll compiled for X version of SKSE).

Ahh okay makes sence so im guesing there mods that are only for 1.6 and have most of sexlab mods been updated to 1.6 or still mainly 1.5?

Vor 16 Stunden sagte Just Don't:

Ja, das meiste LL-Zeug wurde bereits auf 1.6 aktualisiert, Sie können Einzelheiten im SE-Tracking-Post überprüfen (angehefteter Thread in diesem Forum, auch in meiner Signatur verlinkt).

I myself not only use stuff from LL but also mods from other platforms ... and things look very unfavorable for me in terms of E ... ergo I'm sticking with my old SE version - which I'm currently reinstalling

I felt version my 1.6.640 configuration is more stable than it was with 1.5.97. After the update on DAR, I only miss the debug log of .Net Script Framework and Party Combat Parameters. Everything else is working fine.

4 hours ago, mhgm said:

I felt version my 1.6.640 configuration is more stable than it was with 1.5.97. After the update on DAR, I only miss the debug log of .Net Script Framework and Party Combat Parameters. Everything else is working fine.

What do you mean more stable? Less crash, more fps? 

48 minutes ago, assassin394 said:

What do you mean more stable? Less crash, more fps? 

Less crash.  Playing for 2+ hours without a CTD in 1.5.97 wasn't common for me. This kind of stability only happened for me after 1.6.353

• 2 weeks later...

I think most of mods I used updated to latest version, handful didn't.... and replacements popped up real quick.

I don't think I've had really any crashes on SE/AE Version.  

Most of mods that don't work now, Are just do to owners being done with Skyrim, or just given up on updating there mods.