@kurotatsu, first of all thanks for the great mod- it really is a lot of fun ?. I do have a question regarding follower support: I would love the abandon shout from draugrs to get applied both to me and my follower but am wondering how that works with the undressing of the follower. Can I use any mods that allow me to control the followers outfit even small ones such as this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23798/

Or even more complex ones like follower overhaul frameworks? The reason I ask is that with some follower frameworks I have seen devious devices equipping mods battling it out with these frameworks: i.e. the devious devices app tries to apply the outfit and undress the follower while the follower extension framework tries to re-equip the outfit that I have previously manually equipped to the follower.

So what I am trying to achieve is twofold:

1.) let your mod undress my follower when hit by the abadon shout without the default outfit getting re-equipped

2.) allow myself to manualy remove the followers outfit to equip and unequip DD's using unforgiving devices mod

Any suggestions ? ?

Edited by pnutz78
6 hours ago, pnutz78 said:

@kurotatsu, first of all thanks for the great mod- it really is a lot of fun ?. I do have a question regarding follower support: I would love the abandon shout from draugrs to get applied both to me and my follower but am wondering how that works with the undressing of the follower. Can I use any mods that allow me to control the followers outfit even small ones such as this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23798/

Or even more complex ones like follower overhaul frameworks? The reason I ask is that with some follower frameworks I have seen devious devices equipping mods battling it out with these frameworks: i.e. the devious devices app tries to apply the outfit and undress the follower while the follower extension framework tries to re-equip the outfit that I have previously manually equipped to the follower.

So what I am trying to achieve is twofold:

1.) let your mod undress my follower when hit by the abadon shout without the default outfit getting re-equipped

2.) allow myself to manualy remove the followers outfit to equip and unequip DD's using unforgiving devices mod

Any suggestions ? ?

I'm glad you're having fun using it!

1) If your follower female - when they are hit with Abadon Shout, they are getting stripped, bound and used by draugr. Male followers just get some debuffs, Outfit being re-equipped is handled by UD itself, there's setting in the MCM, which controls NPC outfits, "Outfits removal". I personally run with it turned off, despite parts of outfits being re-worn by bound followers. You should try, look at results and decide which is working best for you. 

2) UD has option for you to handle follower outfit manually, you press ; key while targeting follower and choose "Outfit" in the pop-up menu.

Once again I must reiterate that US (this mod) doesn't changes much, it just makes Skyrim more UD-aware, all the functions are handled by UD (the framework).

Also, if you're SE user, there's project of DD NG and UD NG, which is in experimental stage, massive amount of improvements being implemented there, you can find DD NG thread with Discord link in the SE section of LL.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I know when the research is completely done?

The book just says "No further ideas for now. Maybe later..." which seems to indicate that there's more? 

So far I've gotten decently far (got enchanting/alchemy tables and the book, the most recent research was from the abadon gems) but the quest didn't finish and there's no dialogue or anything so how can I know for sure?

Version 1.2.2 is up!

Added:

Poison from falmer, chaurus and spiders can apply restraints with low chance, can be disabled via MCM.

Wrapped the goo research quest so it now gets completed.

Nodaba becomes merchant at the end of the Goo research quest.

Changed:

BC outfit has hood replaced with muzzle gag

More clear writings in quest log for those who skip through dialogues, better hints at research log, now quest completes when all research is done.

Fixed: dialogue conditions for Urag's research share, now appears when not everything is shared and disappears when nothing more to share.

Sorry about that mess-up with Urag's dialogue conditions...

This update is perfectly fine to be installed on the ongoing game at any point, no new game needed.

55 minutes ago, lucakro said:

hey you forgot to make put CACO patch in a zip

Not forgot, it's available as separate download. In zip it was making people confused, generating conflicts when CACO not installed, so I do not bundle it into the zip.

24 minutes ago, kurotatsu said:

Not forgot, it's available as separate download. In zip it was making people confused, generating conflicts when CACO not installed, so I do not bundle it into the zip.

no i mean if you wanna install it with a manager you gotta zip it. 

yeah keep the seperate download obivously but in a seperate zip

1 hour ago, lucakro said:

no i mean if you wanna install it with a manager you gotta zip it. 

yeah keep the seperate download obivously but in a seperate zip

Gotcha, replaced unpacked esp with zipped version, enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a list on what items are necessary to complete the research quest?

I gave the Ingot, gems (abadon and soul), dragon nuts (normal and cooked) and goo (normal, concentrated and purified).

Now it only says that there are no new ideas.

What matereal am I missing?

How do I look for it in the files?

Edited by Vollkornstulle
spelling
1 hour ago, Vollkornstulle said:

Is there a list on what items are necessary to complete the research quest?

I gave the Ingot, gems (abadon and soul), dragon nuts (normal and cooked) and goo (normal, concentrated and purified).

Now it only says that there are no new ideas.

What matereal am I missing?

How do I look for it in the files?

If you run the latest version (1.2.2) as soon as you do all research it will end. Otherwise you get hint in the end of the research report. Make sure you store at least 50 normal goo and 50 concentrated one, plus plenty of gold (several thousand will do). If you want to peek into variables, use "sqv US_GooResearch_Quest" in the console, look for booleans with values of false, they should give you ideas of what they represent. But I really did good hints, I believe, to avoid exactly this need...

4 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

If you run the latest version (1.2.2) as soon as you do all research it will end. Otherwise you get hint in the end of the research report. Make sure you store at least 50 normal goo and 50 concentrated one, plus plenty of gold (several thousand will do). If you want to peek into variables, use "sqv US_GooResearch_Quest" in the console, look for booleans with values of false, they should give you ideas of what they represent. But I really did good hints, I believe, to avoid exactly this need...

I thought I had the latest version, but after checking again I am on version 1.2.1

Are there any known issues if I upgrade after completing all the research?

Edited by Vollkornstulle
8 hours ago, Vollkornstulle said:

I thought I had the latest version, but after checking again I am on version 1.2.1

Are there any known issues if I upgrade after completing all the research?

1.2.2 is perfectly fine to be installed over 1.2.1 at any point in the game. No issues expected.

Spoiler

image.png.7404db20fb7f29397f6b989a3000a056.png

So does that actually want me to bring gems or plugs? Abadon plugs? It specifically gives me a task to craft "them". I'm not exactly sure how i'd go about getting gems. You don't get them from freeing goo devices as far as i know. I saw at least abadonium ingot crafting recipe on smelter.

Edit: Oh, she wants me to craft abadon plugs and wear... Yeah those ones might really give back a gem.

Edited by Zaflis

Exactly, bring more Abadon Gems! And main way to get them is to wear the lovely plugs... :D

Another way is to use poison(one of the recipes is hinted by Urag) against enemies, sometimes they get jackpot suit with Abadon Plug in it, free Abadon Gems :)

1 hour ago, zittonâ…¡ said:

I have a problem in the game, after I gave 2000 semptims to Holda, Nodaba seems not move to her new house, she still stay at the Inn. 

She should've moved right after the whipping scene in the inn. If she didn't moved - it means something is wrong with navmesh around the Inconspicous House (located along the road towards north from Battle-Born Farm east of Whiterun).  One of the known mods to do it is one of versions of Deviously Pink, resolving is simple - move US esp lower in the load order.

US navmesh is small, neat and cleaned, so no mods should be affected.

If you don't want to figure this out - call up the console while looking at Nodaba, click on her so her info is displayed, type in console "coc US_Hub_Cell" without brackets, after you're tped into it - type "moveto player" in the console, this will move Nodaba into the house.

2 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

She should've moved right after the whipping scene in the inn. If she didn't moved - it means something is wrong with navmesh around the Inconspicous House (located along the road towards north from Battle-Born Farm east of Whiterun).  One of the known mods to do it is one of versions of Deviously Pink, resolving is simple - move US esp lower in the load order.

US navmesh is small, neat and cleaned, so no mods should be affected.

If you don't want to figure this out - call up the console while looking at Nodaba, click on her so her info is displayed, type in console "coc US_Hub_Cell" without brackets, after you're tped into it - type "moveto player" in the console, this will move Nodaba into the house.

I have realized that the house's location be covered by another house in trouble of heroine, it is not a big bug, I can use console to solve this problem

I stumbled across a problem and I might know what caused it. Didn´t do any tests after i managed to get it to work.

When I ate goo for the devious alchemy chest my game always froze after the animation finished.

I have 2 mods that can add restraints after sex: Deviously Vanilla and Deviously enslaved.

The only time I ever managed to not freeze during this quest is when I pressed the "unlock all" function of unforgiving devices during the sexlab animation. After the scene Deviously enslaved equipped a rubber collar roughly at the same time I used to freeze otherwise. That is the only time I ever froze during the playthrough of this mod even after completing all of this mods quests to 100% but I froze during that sequence 100% of the tries.

Another problem I ran across was Urag stopping to talk to me. The option to show results of my research just vanishes. The other 2 dialogue options are still there.

I think it is caused by using the "unlock all" function of UD after getting locked in some devices during his request. Needs additional testing. This is only a suspicion now and I currently am in a new playthrough where I have yet to reach this point.

Edited by Vollkornstulle

Deviously enslaved is terribly outdated, so no wonder if it misbehaves, especially if you're on newer DD version, like DD NG.

Please make sure you're running the latest US version, which is 1.2.2, I've made stupid mistake in conditions for research share in 1.2.1.

1.2.2 was tested thoroughly to make sure it's all really fixed.

I only just discovered this mod right now. It looks pretty damn cool. I never tried out Unforgiving Devices, but this is making it very likely that I will soon.

One question - how much do gasmasks feature in the quests / is it possible to disable them?

4 hours ago, Anunya said:

I only just discovered this mod right now. It looks pretty damn cool. I never tried out Unforgiving Devices, but this is making it very likely that I will soon.

One question - how much do gasmasks feature in the quests / is it possible to disable them?

I personally don't want to play without UD anymore since discovering it, this is why I undertook making of this mod, you're in for a treat!

There are couple of gasmasks used by UD itself in it's outfits, US adds none. Also UD has device filter, which allows you to disable all randomly added hoods, thus disabling gasmasks, if you dislike them.

Experimental UD NG version applies this filter to outfits too, but it's available only for SE/AE DD NG only, US will have to be patched too, all available in Discord only for now.

Currently released UD 2.1.1 and US 1.2.2 combo works fine with DD 5.2 on LE/SE/AE.

Love the fact that this one was updated, only noticed the new version now and I've started my first playthrough with this version. It's a very nice mod.

I have spotted a bug which I seem to be able to reproduce consistently. When going to Arcadia to buy the alchemy table I get the option of eating black goo and have fun with her to lower the price. If I decide to pick the option where I eat black goo, a device will be added and Arcadia will initiate sex. The sex scene will proceed as usual and then, exactly at the moment when the sex scene is finished, the game freezes and nothing more can be done in Skyrim in that playthrough without loading an earlier save game. No menu, no inventory, no nothing, just a frozen screen - only option is to ctrl+alt+delete and shut down the program. This happened 4 times in a row and is independent of the device that was added prior to the sex scene - happened with both armbinder, yoke and straitjacket added by the goo. If I don't go for the lower price and just buy the table for 2000 there is no problem.

I assume it might have something to do with how the price reduction is calculated or what Arcadia is supposed to do after the sex scene terminates or something like that. I have never seen this type of situation happening in any other context, where the game just freezes after a sex scene, so I'm assuming it's linked to this mod (otherwise I figure it would have happened before).

37 minutes ago, BYJE137 said:

Love the fact that this one was updated, only noticed the new version now and I've started my first playthrough with this version. It's a very nice mod.

I have spotted a bug which I seem to be able to reproduce consistently. When going to Arcadia to buy the alchemy table I get the option of eating black goo and have fun with her to lower the price. If I decide to pick the option where I eat black goo, a device will be added and Arcadia will initiate sex. The sex scene will proceed as usual and then, exactly at the moment when the sex scene is finished, the game freezes and nothing more can be done in Skyrim in that playthrough without loading an earlier save game. No menu, no inventory, no nothing, just a frozen screen - only option is to ctrl+alt+delete and shut down the program. This happened 4 times in a row and is independent of the device that was added prior to the sex scene - happened with both armbinder, yoke and straitjacket added by the goo. If I don't go for the lower price and just buy the table for 2000 there is no problem.

I assume it might have something to do with how the price reduction is calculated or what Arcadia is supposed to do after the sex scene terminates or something like that. I have never seen this type of situation happening in any other context, where the game just freezes after a sex scene, so I'm assuming it's linked to this mod (otherwise I figure it would have happened before).

There's another option actually available if you have concentrated goo in your inventory, allows to get the station for free. Is it working for you normally?

The whole hang looks weird, this mod should be completely unable to do anything like this.

Funnily enough - all that happens after the sex is the same script-wise as in simple buy version: stages switched and station enabled in the house.

I'd look into the SexLab setup you have, i.e. what is used - FNIS or Nemesis, what SexLab version is in use, do you use P+ and what version of it if yes. And of course what Skyrim ver.

Edited by kurotatsu

I decided to just pay and move on - this is such a small thing I'm not going to spend a lot of time figuring it out. I got to thinking that it could also be some weird mod interaction or other that just had this specific consequence for some weird reason. For what it's worth, I'm playing on SE, uses FNIS (7.6?), a very old version of sexlab (just realized there are newer versions available, will go update that one right away!). Don't know what P+ is so I assume I'm not using that.

Maybe the sexlab update will fix it, but if not that's also okay. Just figured I should mention here that I had encountered the bug in my playthrough - when modders are not informed of bugs, they can't fix them even if they'd like to. Thanks for the troubleshooting tips though.