Unforgiving Skyrim LE/SE

View File

This mod is extension to Unforgiving Devices mod by @ihatemykite.

It's made for female PC in mind, no plans to add male PC support.

Requirements: Should work with both LE and SE.

Unforgiving Devices 2.1 or later.

Unforgiving Devices's requirements.

Zaz Pack v8.0+

Contents:

1. Goo Research Quest.

Unlocks various crafting recipes through the research.

Start at Whiterun with Black Goo in inventory while knowing it's first effect.

2. Abadon Shout

Special shout to unlock and learn, quest start automatically after being hit with it from draugrs.

3. Several Abadon suits:

Boxbinder set, having both versions of simple and outfit one.

Hard to escape cursed one, which optionally can add Abadon Plug

Randomized one, with chance to add Abadon Plug

Optional download - draugr replacer, made by @audhol

Short changelog, see below for detailed one:

1.0b1 - Initial release, scripts compiled to UD 2.1b2

1.1 - Done Book quest

1.2 - Done Enchanting station quest, all basic quests complete.

1.2.1 - Minor QoL update.

1.2.2 - Wrapped goo research quest, changed BC outfit to use muzzle gag instead of hood, added restraint effect to falmer, chaurus and spiders.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/06/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Unforgiving Devices
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

Edited by kurotatsu

OK, here's the file in addition to the GitHub page https://github.com/kurotatsu77/UnforgivingSkyrim

This is my first file on LL, please send me message if I should fix/correct/add something.

And most importantly - have fun!

More details for the features, all wrapped in spoiler tags:

1. Goo Research Quest

Start:

Find Black Goo on wolves/spider/skeevers/etc and eat it to learn it's first effect. Make sure you have one in inventory and go to Whiterun area, even going near stables is enough to get the quest started. For the fastest playthrough you better to have Black Goo, Concentrated Black Goo and 2000 gold.

Alchemy Station:

Nodaba will have quite clear hint for you for the best outcome - have again both Black Goo and Concentrated Black Goo in inventory while talking to Arcadia and go with the most adventurous option.

After this Arcadia will be glad to see you each day without restraints for repeatable fun, each time getting more and more enamored with you.

Devious book:

Be open with Urag and tell him about your research to get research sharing quest started.

As more items are brought to Urag - his earnings are raising.

He chooses one new test to run once per 12 hours, if you don't like what he offers you - come back in half of day.

He offers test of items he knows and has enough gold gathered to pay out reward for.

Once you tell him about Abadon Weapons - they become injected into leveled lists and start to appear on NPCs.

Enchanting station

As usual, the cheapest way is to go along their wishes, but don't be surprised if after this Calcelmo will treat you as Bound Cunt, without even asking your permission once per 24 hours.

Going along Farengar's suggestion to get Recommendation collar (BC one) will open his repeat actions when PC is not wearing any bondage once per 24 hours.

Wearing full BC set will open up ability to craft it at forge from leather and concentrated black goo.

This allows player to bring full set to Urag to share it and unlock repeats with it.

Masochism stat

It's hidden counter, increasing each time player participates in kinky fun, usually by 1 or 3.

When it reaches 50, first forced dialogues are activated for all of Arcadia, Urag and Farengar.

They will not bother with asking for permission for certain activities.

At 75 and 100 they will sometimes not bother asking permission for even more advanced ones!

It's random, sometimes they ask, sometimes they just act.

2. Abadon Shout

Quest can be started by getting hit by it from draugr, can happen as early as getting the Dragonstone from Black Falls Barrow. Actually learning it will start only after killing the first dragon and absorbing dragon soul for the first time (completing "Dragons Rising". After that you have to be hit with Abadon Shout stronger than you know or start using the most powerful version of it to practice it, which becomes possible after you learn the first Word. Also it matters a lot which answer you choose after getting hit and bound, being happy and accepting the knowledge willingly speeds things up a lot. Resisting it can even kick the progress back, but you can't unlearn already learned Words.

3. Abadon Suits

3 suits:

Cursed set - essentially hard mode, after completing Abadon Curse quest it will contain Abadon Plug. So it's actually becomes possible to get stuck in the escape repeatedly if you unlucky (or lucky, depends on your point of view ;) )  enough.

Boxbinder set - adds boxbinders in 2 versions and set of Dasha's items

Random set - basically completely random set of Abadon restraints with chance to get Abadon plugs.

Edited by kurotatsu

Hmm first not great at modding but Bash is spitting out:

mod_files.py  250 load: Error in UnforgivingSkyrim.esp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\mod_files.py", line 227, in load
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 71, in load_rec_group
  File "bash\brec\record_groups.py", line 229, in _load_rec_group
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 548, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 381, in __init__
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 593, in loadData
bash.exception.ModError: UnforgivingSkyrim.esp: Unexpected subrecord: EXPL.VMAD

I have it installed and played a fresh game looking to see how it starts. "Start at Whiterun with Black Goo in inventory while knowing it's first effect." is a little confusing. I had black goo in inventory and concentrated black goo. I 'ate' some to try it to find first effects and got the usual bindings but no knowledge. I am also running Failure Mode Effects Analysis in Skyrim (FMEA) which may affect this a little. Got to Whiterun and nothing happened. ran around found a alchemy table and manage to make a potion using black goo and AS (so as not to spoil)..  Got some knowledge of black goo that way but still no 'event'  or new person showing up. Hopefully I am missing something simple as this looks a lot of fun and it future plans awesome.  My only thought is I may need to try goo a few times for FEMA to give me knowledge of it. (Will test soon in new start as I am adding a few other mods tonight.)

Is there any chance of a little better starting description (not to spoiler level of course just a little more pointing in the right direction.) Thanks and good luck with this mod.

20 hours ago, gamefan7710 said:

How did you learn the special shout? after being hitted from the draugr the quest start, but  there is no pointer for the next step

Different Draugr have different levels of the shout (one-, two-, or three-word versions). Getting hit with a shout of a higher level than the one you have unlocked (or using the shout you have, once you get it) will increment progress towards learning the next word (based on your reactions to the pop-up dialogue boxes), and after having been hit enough times you'll unlock the one-word version to start.

So basically just keep getting hit a bunch to learn the first word (this can be very tedious/annoying if you are fighting high level enemies and RNG decides to go full Abadon set on you every time like it did for me...), and then either get hit by stronger versions or start using the shout yourself. :)

On 4/9/2023 at 1:25 AM, steelmagpie said:

I have it installed and played a fresh game looking to see how it starts. "Start at Whiterun with Black Goo in inventory while knowing it's first effect." is a little confusing. I had black goo in inventory and concentrated black goo. I 'ate' some to try it to find first effects and got the usual bindings but no knowledge. I am also running Failure Mode Effects Analysis in Skyrim (FMEA) which may affect this a little. Got to Whiterun and nothing happened. ran around found a alchemy table and manage to make a potion using black goo and AS (so as not to spoil)..  Got some knowledge of black goo that way but still no 'event'  or new person showing up. Hopefully I am missing something simple as this looks a lot of fun and it future plans awesome.  My only thought is I may need to try goo a few times for FEMA to give me knowledge of it. (Will test soon in new start as I am adding a few other mods tonight.)

Is there any chance of a little better starting description (not to spoiler level of course just a little more pointing in the right direction.) Thanks and good luck with this mod.

I will put exact answer to spoiler tag below. Also edited 2nd post in this thread with much more details, all hidden in spoilers for the best enjoyment.

Indeed, you eat Black Goo, thus you learn it's first effect. When you have it in inventory and know the first effect and reach Whiterun cell - quest gets started automatically.

Basically starter script check for these 3 conditions.

It worked flawlessly during my testing and testing by other people so far, so the most possible culprit is FMEA.

I will try to investigate what is changed there, quite possible it will hamper further research too.

If it's not much trouble - I'll try to add compatibility with it, if not - I'll add incompatibility warning.

For confirmation I'd like you to try to disable FMEA and try to go through new game, if it's not too much trouble for you, please.

If you have any pointers for me how to address this issue - please write here or in DM, whatever works best for you.

Edited by kurotatsu
38 minutes ago, kurotatsu said:

I will put exact answer to spoiler tag below

Reveal hidden contents

Indeed, you eat Black Goo, thus you learn it's first effect. When you have it in inventory and know the first effect and reach Whiterun cell - quest gets started automatically.

Basically starter script check for these 3 conditions.

It worked flawlessly during my testing and testing by other people so far, so the most possible culprit is FMEA.

I will try to investigate what is changed there, quite possible it will hamper further research too.

If it's not much trouble - I'll try to add compatibility with it, if not - I'll add incompatibility warning.

For confirmation I'd like you to try to disable FMEA and try to go through new game, if it's not too much trouble for you, please.

If you have any pointers for me how to address this issue - please write here or in DM, whatever works best for you.

Thanks...  I'll give it  go...  

7 hours ago, Eskella said:

Different Draugr have different levels of the shout (one-, two-, or three-word versions). Getting hit with a shout of a higher level than the one you have unlocked (or using the shout you have, once you get it) will increment progress towards learning the next word (based on your reactions to the pop-up dialogue boxes), and after having been hit enough times you'll unlock the one-word version to start.

So basically just keep getting hit a bunch to learn the first word (this can be very tedious/annoying if you are fighting high level enemies and RNG decides to go full Abadon set on you every time like it did for me...), and then either get hit by stronger versions or start using the shout yourself. :)

Thanks, i will give it a try!

15 hours ago, steelmagpie said:

Thanks...  I'll give it  go...  

I've tried the FMEA and I see only one problem with using it, really small.

It has in Alchemy Plugin setting to prevent learning effects by eating ingredients. All you need is to remove that checkbox, eat Black Goo and thus learn it's first effect. After doing that you can place that checkbox back on, if you want. Otherwise I can find no conflicts with FMEA.

Edited by kurotatsu
On 4/11/2023 at 8:24 AM, kurotatsu said:

I've tried the FMEA and I see only one problem with using it, really small.

It has in Alchemy Plugin setting to prevent learning effects by eating ingredients. All you need is to remove that checkbox, eat Black Goo and thus learn it's first effect. After doing that you can place that checkbox back on, if you want. Otherwise I can find no conflicts with FMEA.

yes that fixed it.... Thanks again and looking forward to more content now..  I have had a good test play and really like where you are taking the mod.  It is good to have a use for the goo's haha...  

1 hour ago, umcreiger said:

is there a way to make the npc not redress and also have it only equip certain objects? id like it to equip just arm cuffs and anal/vaj plugs

Answer depends greatly on the point where the equip happens. If we talk random devices - there's setting in the UD which allows to select types of devices added randomly, you can disable all except ones you want there. It affects random devices manifest, purified goo effects and similar.

However Abadon suits (added by the Abadon plug and concentrated black goo) are predefined and not checking against that device filter.

About NPC redressing - I'm not sure, it's the core DD/UD mechanic, will have to research it a bit...

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LinksSword said:

do shouts from draugr cause you to get equip with DD items with this? 

All draugr in the leveled lists who have Unrelenting Force shout were added Abadon Shout. If they use it (decided by the RNG), female player can get bound with DD devices and used.

It's effect varies depending on whether user and target are male or female. Also male draugr after using female player become non-aggressive, but female draugr will try to beat living daylights out of helplessly bound player, being jealous bitches :)

2 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

All draugr in the leveled lists who have Unrelenting Force shout were added Abadon Shout. If they use it (decided by the RNG), female player can get bound with DD devices and used.

It's effect varies depending on whether user and target are male or female. Also male draugr after using female player become non-aggressive, but female draugr will try to beat living daylights out of helplessly bound player, being jealous bitches :)

Is there a way to configure this so it doesn't get way to out of control? 

On 4/24/2023 at 12:23 PM, LinksSword said:

Is there a way to configure this so it doesn't get way to out of control? 

Currently - no. What kind of config you want to have?

All my playthroughs were quite fun and enjoyable, even at level 50 shout-capable draugr are not so frequent.

Although at certain spots where several high-level enemies are placed by designers your character can be shouted into complete obedience :D But it's rare occasion and feels right.

Also note that power attacks prevent enemies shouting. Draugr have other Shouts in addition to the Abadon one, so you can even be receiving no Abadon shouts at all.

And once again I reiterate - not all draugr received Abadon Shout, only ambush bosses, Deathlords and Scourges, which use Unrelenting Force in vanilla game.

11 hours ago, 2Quant said:

Unable to learn the 3rd word in shout no matter how much i used it.

Also, how to start "DEvious Book" and "Devious Enchanting" quests?

Make sure to use 2-word version of it (do not press Z, but press and hold it a little) or get hit with 3-word one. Lower levels do not progress knowledge of the Shout.

Book and Enchanting quests are not made yet, so for now it's placeholders.

Edited by kurotatsu
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FrighteningSpoon said:

Using the Abadon Shout and having it reflected back leaves me unable to open self-inventory, skills or magic. This problem also persists indefinitely after using it once on the same save. Pretty sure this mod is the culprit. Hope to see a fix!

Does it means when draugr shout at your character - it works fine? Only reflected shout arises the problems? It's weird, because reflection only swaps targets... No matter how much I've played I never had problems with it...

At first your player gets disabled controls, then restraints applied, action performed, spell effects placed and controls unlocked. Which parts didn't worked?

And also please attach your mod list.