Started the questline just and Arcadia told to eat the regular goo. The dialog was supposed to do that but didn't. I just went to bannered mare to continue, then the dialog ate concentrated goo just fine.

Playing in SE version and UD works otherwise fine, this was added mid playthrough.

12 hours ago, cerebus300 said:

I just updated, but I am mid-play. I'm afraid that it likely broke my quests. I had talked to Naboda but hadn't gone any further than that. After the update I ate the goo in front of her and Hulda sold the house to her. I got the alchemy station from Arcadia and that is when nothing seems to happen. I ask if Naboda has any ideas and she mentions the enchanting table, but the quest doesn't move forward and just dies right there, only to repeat the enchanting table line over and over. I don't get any information for initiating research with Urag. I was able to get the pure goo unlocked with research, but nothing else so far. Is there any way to force the enchanting table quest to move forward or to open up the Urag and other quests?

It shouldn't break all other quests. If you updated from 1.1 to 1.2 it's Enchanting quest which was changed from that version drastically. It's kind of working even without properly filled out aliases, but some actions are not working or working sideways.

Urag's research sharing is behind Devious book quest, it was added in v1.1. Should work fine.

9 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Started the questline just and Arcadia told to eat the regular goo. The dialog was supposed to do that but didn't. I just went to bannered mare to continue, then the dialog ate concentrated goo just fine.

Playing in SE version and UD works otherwise fine, this was added mid playthrough.

Went through the properties, it's really simple script without anything complicated. All is there and should work. Also this was from the very start of the mod and worked for everyone, including me on numerous playthroughs... Can you please test if you add black goo manually - it will work and do something for you?

4 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

Went through the properties, it's really simple script without anything complicated. All is there and should work. Also this was from the very start of the mod and worked for everyone, including me on numerous playthroughs... Can you please test if you add black goo manually - it will work and do something for you?

Yes it does work when eaten normally.

4 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

Urag's research sharing is behind Devious book quest, it was added in v1.1. Should work fine.

So, I probably won't be able to do the enchantment table quest this time around. I think the problem with the Urag quest is that it doesn't start because the enchantment table quest doesn't initiate. So,  when I ask Naboda about whether she has any ideas, it just pops up her line about an enchanting table, but since it doesn't go any further and just repeats the line, I'm pretty sure that the Urag quest is locked behind this glitch and isn't able to initiate. Is there a console code that will allow me to start that quest? I'll just wait until the next playthrough to experience the enchantment table quest.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

Yes it does work when eaten normally.

Very strange. That part is simple two lines of code, one equips goo, another moves quest stage. Checked property - all is good. Can't find any problem no matter how hard I look.

Are you on SE or LE?

1 hour ago, cerebus300 said:

So, I probably won't be able to do the enchantment table quest this time around. I think the problem with the Urag quest is that it doesn't start because the enchantment table quest doesn't initiate. So,  when I ask Naboda about whether she has any ideas, it just pops up her line about an enchanting table, but since it doesn't go any further and just repeats the line, I'm pretty sure that the Urag quest is locked behind this glitch and isn't able to initiate. Is there a console code that will allow me to start that quest? I'll just wait until the next playthrough to experience the enchantment table quest.

Interesting... Are you on SE, AE or LE? If AE - did you got the latest 1130 update?

So, console - you can use sqv command to see status of quest and startquest command to force start them.

IDs are: US_GRQ_Alchemy_Quest, US_GRQ_Enchanting_Quest, US_GRQ_DDBook_Quest and US_UragGRQ, the last one should be launched automatically after reaching certain point of going through the book quest.

If they are running check by using sqv command to see if aliases are filled out.

2 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

Very strange. That part is simple two lines of code, one equips goo, another moves quest stage. Checked property - all is good. Can't find any problem no matter how hard I look.

Are you on SE or LE?

SE 1.5.97 with the creation club additions. I don't know if it's just something prevented during a dialog? I don't know if it's fine to eat and talk simultaneously ? I have Frostfall&Campfire and iNeed.

11 hours ago, Zaflis said:

SE 1.5.97 with the creation club additions. I don't know if it's just something prevented during a dialog? I don't know if it's fine to eat and talk simultaneously ? I have Frostfall&Campfire and iNeed.

Hmm, and yet concentrated goo equip worked for you, right? And it's literally the same code... Only difference the property points to conc goo instead. Jeez, Skyrim...

The quests for the enchanting table and book quest both came online without me having to force them. I just went about my business for about a month game time and then when I came back to the research house they worked when I clicked the dialogue prompts with Naboda. So, all seems well.

I have to say that I absolutely love this mod, and I'm always happy when new quests and content are added. They are so well done, are balanced, and give the characters something to do around the devious frameworks, rather than just being randomly tied up and having sex. Thumbs up. 

One thing that I have noticed since I started the Bound Cunt Collar is that whenever a NPC initiates sex as a result of a response to the BC outfit plugs that are being worn are removed and then just seem to be destroyed. They aren't in my inventory and aren't replaced on the PC. This is a problem because some other mods require them (and other items) to be worn and it messes things up when they are just stripped away, especially as often as it happens with the BC items. I am using Devious Followers Continued and one of the deals that I have requires the PC to wear a plug or be fined by the follower. It is a pain to have to constantly replace them every time the BC forces the PC to have sex. I'm quickly running out of plugs that I've collected and have to cheat them into the game just to avoid the punishment. Honestly, I would just avoid stripping them away, to begin with, or at least have them replaced after the sex scene. I will have to test other items, but I think that it strips away other items as well, like chastity belts.

Got you, will write down to add option to prevent NPCs taking your lovely plugs away.

Either hardcode it so they are simply left in your inventory (literally changing some options from true to false in the scripts) or add checkbox controlling it.

If they are left in your inventory - it will solve it, right?

1 hour ago, kurotatsu said:

Got you, will write down to add option to prevent NPCs taking your lovely plugs away.

Either hardcode it so they are simply left in your inventory (literally changing some options from true to false in the scripts) or add checkbox controlling it.

If they are left in your inventory - it will solve it, right?

Yep, that will work fine. Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...

how does on actually do research. I have the alchemy, and enchanting tables, as well as the book quest done, but nobada has no dialouge (she doesnt even leave the tavern for the house we, uh, paid for). Arcadia, Urag and Calcelmo, function alright, doing their thing, but i think something is broken for me. Any hints that im missing something or did i break something? and if i did break something can i fix it. this is on a new save for it too, so no weirdness there.

I found the research log, but every time i activate it it just says there's no ideas, with a time progression. I'm on 5 days rn, and have tried just repeatedly waiting to see if that will do anything but, it just says "no further ideas".

Edited by indolu

Normally you leave a lot of goo (normal and concentrated one, plenty of gold and other research materials in the chest under the stairs, then read in the research log results.

You can also learn all the effects of any ingredient this way.

If it says "no ideas" it means you already did all the research. You have all the recipes open, right?

6 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

Normally you leave a lot of goo (normal and concentrated one, plenty of gold and other research materials in the chest under the stairs, then read in the research log results.

If it says "no ideas" it means you already did all the research. You have all the recipes open, right?

no recipes are unlocked. So i leave the goo and the gold in the chest, before or after i get the note for research?

16 minutes ago, indolu said:

its working thanks, still dont know why Nobada doesnt got the house.

Go up to Nobada within speaking distance and open the console -- click on her to get her code displayed.  Then travel to the house and go inside.

Open the console again and use  moveto player to bring her there.  Once inside she stays there. 

Nodaba not able to reach the house usually means something changed navmesh around the area. Possible solution either use moveto - but you probably would notice that your followers sometimes fail to follow you into the house. Another solution is to make sure US esp is lower in load order than something that changes the navmesh around the area. One of such mods is Deviously Pink.

Version 1.2.1 uploaded, changes:

Small dialogue corrections, no end to perfection!
Added conditions to couple of Urag's dialogues to hide them when they are done.
Changed: belts and plugs no longer destroyed when removed by Urag and BC actions.

Added replacement for UD CACO patch esp, use it instead of the UD's one. When not using CACO - do not enable this esp.

On 12/31/2023 at 3:09 PM, kurotatsu said:

How does player know to place anything in the chest though? It's in a position that make it seem like her personal belongings and there's even a basket placed to hide it a bit more. Even after reading this comment i first thought you might have meant i need to place them in the cupboard where the research log is on. I even went in console "tcl" and tried to interact with that chest, but trying to open it made it disappear so i had to load game back.

But primarily the quest doesn't hint in any way that player needs to deposit the items somewhere. Normally this is done by NPC dialog.

There is also a second chest upstairs, so even if NPC did tell just to place them in chest, player would still be confused.

But yes, placing the items in chest made research log make a lot of progress.

Edited by Zaflis
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

How does player know to place anything in the chest though? It's in a position that make it seem like her personal belongings and there's even a basket placed to hide it a bit more. Even after reading this comment i first thought you might have meant i need to place them in the cupboard where the research log is on. I even went in console "tcl" and tried to interact with that chest, but trying to open it made it disappear so i had to load game back.

Dialogue with Nodaba when you talk to her after paying for the house:

Player - I'm back! Now, tell me please, how this research will work?

Nodaba - Quite simple. You go along to your adventures, see the the world, gather ingredients and materials to research and of course gold. Then you come back when you see fit and place collected research material and gold into that materials chest. *Points at chest under stairs*. I'll use them to best of my ability to conduct research. I'll document all results of it for you to read in the log on that table in back. Various research will take different time and gold to conduct. We can reduce costs and time spent if we get alchemy and enchanting stations.

The only thing more obvious would be placing bright neon sign with arrow pointing at the chest I guess... ?

Edited by kurotatsu
9 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

*Points at chest under stairs*.

Eh, i still either missed that or forgot. Either way it can't be asked from her again and it's not told in the quest objectives. And since it's second time coming to the mod i have now missed it twice ?

Edited by Zaflis

I think the only way i missed it was because my list didnt have her in the house to point to it. Though a suggestion would be a failsafe to have her just teleport there if she cant reach it and, when the player isnt in the same cell as her. then a quest marker showing the house location would fix problems similar to mine.